[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /k/, i just got an old coach gun from my grandmother. The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 20160713_162827.jpg (798 KB, 1160x3558) Image search: [Google]
20160713_162827.jpg
798 KB, 1160x3558
Hello /k/, i just got an old coach gun from my grandmother. The triggers and hammers work but I cant get it open. The fucker has been through Louisiana's version of Katrina and was then tossed in a shed and forgotten. Any ideas to open it? Also sorry about the auto rotate in advance.
>>
File: 20160713_162815.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160713_162815.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Pic of top
>>
Shameful self bump
>>
Smash the barrels against a tree for a minute or two then try again.Repeat as necessary, if any bending occurs stop and hold the barrels while hitting the stock against the tree instead.
>>
>>30610134
No i mean the release wont even move
>>
>>30610175
Spray CLP all over it, wipe it in really good then and poke around with a flathead screwdriver. If this doesn't work hit the stock on the ground and spray it some more.I fix my friends double barrels all the time and I own 4 of them (one from each grandparent funnily enough)
>>
>>30610220
Meant CLR not CLP.WD-40 works too
>>
>>30609936
Put it in a trash bag, dump in a quart of transmission fluid. Tie the bag shut, put it someplace out of the way. Leave it like that for a month, turning it over every week so that all parts get well-marinated.

After a month, toss it in a parts washer.
>>
File: based eugene.png (210 KB, 424x318) Image search: [Google]
based eugene.png
210 KB, 424x318
>>30609936

>Louisianas version of katrina
>>
>>30610376
I more so meant that at one point the house it was in flooded during the hurricane and the gun along side many other things was under water.
>>
>>30609936

Spray PB Blaster down both barrels and all over the action. Let it sit for a couple of days and repeat. After a week or so it should free up somewhat. Another good product is Seafoam Deep Creep. I used it to free up a seized 4.3 in an Astro Van. It is usually kind of pricey but does an outstanding job in penetrating rust and freeing up seized parts.
>>
>>30610249
>>30610220
this, me and a buddy used some WD-40 to remove the barrel jacket on a rusty/seized gewehr 1888.

C&R video, so you know what im talking about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oeqn905ccRE
>>
>>30610329

You need to mix the ATF 50:50 with Acetone for best results.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/penetrating-oil-showdown.350800/
>>
Remove all the wood before you do anything, or it will be fucked beyond all repair. Yoh may want it later. It looks like it could just use a little tlc before it really shines again
>>
File: image_23700.jpg (230 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image_23700.jpg
230 KB, 1200x1200
>>30609936
Listen to this guy
>>30610598
and this guy
>>30613258

Take the wood off, soak the whole receiver end in PB blaster, wait a day, give it a wiggle.

If it doesn't give then, get a heat gun ($20 at hardware store, way safer than a torch), and get the thing good and warm while it's good and wet with PB Blaster.

If that doesn't work, then set it in your chest freezer for an hour.

If that doesn't work, pic related for a few hours, and then start from the top.
>>
>>30613342
I would be VERY careful with how hot I got it, you could ruin the heat treating/ tempering important parts such as springs. If it were mine, I would avoid heat altogether. Just my opinion though. Good luck!
>>
>>30614350
soaked in light oil and heated with a heat gun, it won't see 200c.

Unless he makes the PB Blaster flash, lol.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.