[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Times No Guns Friends/Family Fucked With Your Guns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 27
File: 1465836330373.jpg (186 KB, 534x1236) Image search: [Google]
1465836330373.jpg
186 KB, 534x1236
>buy almost unfired 6 inch blued Colt Python with original box, tag, plastic wrap, everything
>bye bye $3800
>show little brother
>not worried he'll do anything bad because he isn't a nogunz
>thinkagainnigger.jpeg
>opens cylinder
>spins it
>flips it closed
>mfw
>>
File: Richard the cock.jpg (473 KB, 1024x1557) Image search: [Google]
Richard the cock.jpg
473 KB, 1024x1557
>>30607542
>Spending $3800 on "functional" home decor
kys. Guns are meant to be used to fucking tard, not put up on the wall to be "admired".
>>
>>30607625
>wanting to bend the cylinder rod
>>
>>30607542

Are there any guns where you can flip the cylinder closed without damaging the gun?

That would be like 99% of why I would get a revolver, except for doing sick spins and cowboy firing.
>>
>>30607654
and Russian roulette
>>
>>30607625

t. guy who put an idiot scratch on his 1911 while reassembling it and now shrieks "IT'S A TOOL YOU IDIOT IT'S JUST A TOOL IT DOESN'T MATTER" in order to convince others (but mostly himself) that it's okay he scratched up his firearm by improperly reassembling it
>>
>>30607625
Seconded.
I had a guy refuse to sell me a fucking nugget in pristine shape because I wanted to "muss it up" by using it. What the fuck is wrong with people?
>>
>>30607636
>Implying I want gun that breaks with little effort

>>30607738
t. guy who thinks a gun is ruined by fucking scratch or nick

Seriously do you go into convulsions when you see guns with actual signs of use?
>>
>>30607542
>give retard guns
>expect him to do smart things with it without telling him.

Your own damn fault.
>>
File: 1468182040472.jpg (37 KB, 900x655) Image search: [Google]
1468182040472.jpg
37 KB, 900x655
None yet
>one side of my family doesn't know I have funs
>not close with any of my family
>don't have any friends

It's the safest way.
>>
>>30607542

>He spent 3800 on a colt python

Fucking why?
>>
>>30608375
>why spend money on nice things
>>
>>30608385
>colt python

>overpriced meme zombie killa gun

>nice
>>
File: angry-pepe.jpg (7 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
angry-pepe.jpg
7 KB, 236x236
Exact thing happened to me.
>basically brand new 686, barely used, pre-lock.
>hand to glockfag to show him cylinder open
>flicks cylinder shut
>"now that's a nice gun, anon"
>>
>>30608608
>overpriced meme zombie killer gun
Nice to know that you lack the ability to remember things before the walking dead.

colts 7 snakes are some of the best revolvers ever made, and the prices reflect that.
>don't be butt hurt that your 686 isn't worth $11,000
>>
>>30608877
>Price =/= Quality
It's like calling a WASR-10/63 nice because it was ~$12,000.
>>
File: out of nowhere spetnaz.webm (478 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
out of nowhere spetnaz.webm
478 KB, 360x360
>>30607542
That happened to me once...

ONCE!!!
>>
>>30608877

You do realize that the price became over inflated because of the walking dead right? You are paying thousands extra because of 'le epik zombie gun haha'
>>
You could have had a full custom bolt gun built on a Mausingfield action for that. I guess it's a difference in taste.
>>
>>30608985
is that... loss?
>>
File: image.png (34 KB, 702x569) Image search: [Google]
image.png
34 KB, 702x569
>>30607542
It's your fault.

I wouldn't hand Ian fucking Mccollum a Python without telling him not to do stupid things like flip the cylinder.

Also lighten up.
Doing that hollywood shit is said to harm the crane, but a cylinder crane breaking is very rare, so much so that a revolver breaking or being out of time is more fault on the manufacturer than anything else most of the time. The only other time this might happen is when you slam or throw the gun against things like the floor or a hard wall with its cylinder exposed. It would be like locking back the slide on any other pistol, hitting it against things, then whining that pistols are inherently flawed for breaking after being used as a hammer or a boomerang.

This complaint is basically the same as those autists who give you shit for racking the charging handle wrong on an AR, or not gripping the slide correctly when racking a pistol, or giving an HK gun the HK slap. None of these bad habits will break your gun, but extra hot loads and blatant abuse will, so I would be more worried about that.
>>
>>30607625

>Colt Pythons
>not a fantastic financial investment

Don't you have some EBT cards to swipe, peasant?
>>
File: fox_and_grapes_by_ternfeather.jpg (305 KB, 900x1101) Image search: [Google]
fox_and_grapes_by_ternfeather.jpg
305 KB, 900x1101
>>30607625
>>30607857
>>30608375
>>30608608
>>30608891
>>30609037

Pic related

Also, confirmed for never having held a Python. The trigger is the best I've ever felt on a revolver so far (never held a Korth or a Manurhin) and the finish is almost perfect. Yes, they're inflated, but Colt will not make them again unless their new management is stupider than the previous so they're great financial investments.

Stop being salty cunts.
>>
>>30607542
>almost unfired
>almost
>unfired

AUTISM
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>30610226
>thinking guns are an investment

Okay dad. Go finish waxing your Camaro in the garage that's also an "investment".

Boomers are literally dumb as dirt. Ever heard of commodities, equities, hedging against unsystematic risk in the market, etc etc?

>>30610136
>muh rich snob meme
>>
>>30610295

>drive new Camaro off the lot
>immediately looses much of it's value
>take new gun out of the gun store
>keeps value, provided you don't fire it

Nice try, sport.
>>
>>30609037
that, and they stopped producing them
>>
>>30608985
But why the backflip?
>Or any flip for that matter...
>>
>>30610226
>python
When Korth and Manhurin litterally shit on them.

A Manurhin makes a Python look like a Judge.
>>
>>30609037
And it was in a million movies and games before that, looks nice, and is an incredibly good revolver, and is no longer produced.
So yeah epic meme zomboner gun
>>
>be 3 years ago
>Aunt married some libshit bummer voter
>she loves him, we love her, so whatever
>we were showing them our guns because he'd never held one or seen one up close without it being on a cops waist
>we decide to go shooting next day with him and my Aunt
>take "all" of our guns out of the safe (the ones that weren't lost in the prior years boating accident)
>I know they're unloaded, family knows they're unloaded
>we go over all the basic safety tips with him since he's the one who's going to shoot them and is interested
>he doesn't know they're unloaded because he's not the one who cleared and checked them when I pulled them out of the safe
>he proceeds to pick up each rifle, handgun, and shotgun, point them at my father sitting the in chair across the room
>he pulls the trigger on each one
>my father knows they're unloaded but he's still visibly pissed that my new uncle is sweeping him and pulling the triggers on every single gun that was laid out
>Uncle didn't notice my dad was pissed or mean it threateningly or anything, he just didn't know
>he finishes
>my dad says nothing about what he just did but we go over the rules again and again and once more the next day at the range

My dad still doesn't like my uncle, I think he's cool. He now owns several handguns and is looking for a rifle, still a libshit though.

The funny thing is, he bought his first gun and got his ccw because he thought that blacks would riot in his area when Zim Zam was found not guilty.
>>
>>30607542
>Flipping the cylinder closed once
>Going to do any damage

The meme will never die.
>>
>>30610633
should have smacked your uncles in the face for violating rule number 1

and then never let that irresponsible prick come near your weapons again
>>
>>30610586

It terms of durability, yes, Korths and Manhurins are better. Pythons can go out of timing easier, so you have to watch for that. They're not "combat magnums" in that regard.

It terms of fit/finish, trigger pull, accuracy, and so on, all the stuff I've read by those who own a Python and either of the other two have said the Python is more or less equal.

I've done my research on this; I didn't just drop $3800 on a fucking whim. You don't think I didn't consider that for 900-1000 dollars more, I could have bought a Korth? I just chose the Python because I feel it's a better investment.

Supply and demand brah. Colt ain't making them anymore and everybody wants one. Korth and Manurhin are literally whos.
>>
>>30610686
Oh we were upset, and we don't let him near our guns anymore, but if it was me he was sweeping I'd have said something. I don't know why my father didn't desu he has never had any patience for that, even with toy guns.
>>
>>30610758
you can say something for your dad. I mean, correct me if i'm wrong but you had literally just taught him basic saftey and he immediately violated those rules, he obviously wasn't listening or didn't take it serously

you have to make these types of idiots take shit seriously
>>
File: 1467712706977.png (20 KB, 380x486) Image search: [Google]
1467712706977.png
20 KB, 380x486
>>30607542
OH LOOK ITS THIS THREAD AGAIN!

STOP BEING A FUCKING RETARD.

TELL EVERYONE YOU EVER HAND YOUR FUCKING REVOLVER TO NOT TO SLAM THE CYLINDER SHUT. ASSUME EVERYONE IS A RETARD, BECAUSE EVERYONE IS.

Yes I'm mad. I swear to fuck you're all massive autists too afraid to speak up or something. It's your fucking gun, you make the rules on what they can do with it for fuck's sake.
>>
>>30610633
So you let him continue to do it after he'd done it once? What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>30610793

>implying I didn't tell him this before when showing him my other revolvers

I fucked up for not telling him, I figured he knew already, he fucked up for not remembering. We both fucked up.

I'm sorry we can't be all-knowing gods who never make mistakes like you, Anon-sama. :^)
>>
>>30610894
Your punishment is to load all but one of the cylinders and play Russian Roulette with it twice in a row.
>>
File: jimmy neutrons dad.jpg (102 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
jimmy neutrons dad.jpg
102 KB, 720x960
>Have brother that doesnt really know shit about guns but likes to shoot
>Asks if he can borrow my Garand to go to the range
>"Sure, just grab a couple enblocs out of my ammo cans and use that though"
>Comes back later that night
>"Hey anon, I think something's messed up on this gun"
>Walk over to table where he has the case and open it
>See op rod blown out of the track
>"the fuck did you do?" I ask him as I unhatch the trigger group and take the stock off
>Op-rod cracked where the handle meets the tube near drawing number
>"Did you grab the enblocs like I told you to?"
>"I didn't want to shoot all your ammo up. Besides, I had a bag of really hot hand loads a buddy from work made up for me"
>mfw shooting P++ 30-06 through my beautiful International Harvester Garand
>mfw $175 for new IHC marked op-rod
>mfw can't loan my brother any of my guns ever again.
>>
>>30610958
make him buy you a new one

and why did you let him just rummage around without specifically handing him the specific ammo you wanted him to use and inform him specifically not to load anything else in lest he damage the waepon

>>30610894
never said i didn't make mistakes, but i sure as hell don't let someone point my own gun at me or my family members
>>
>>30611127

He texted me while I was at work and literally the only ammunition I keep in my apartment is M2 ball on enblocs.
>>
>>30610355
>buy $900 gun
>go back next day
>"sorry we can only give you 300 for it"

shut the fuck up. stop posting
>>
File: don't think too hard about it.jpg (79 KB, 780x586) Image search: [Google]
don't think too hard about it.jpg
79 KB, 780x586
>>30611127
>why did you let him just rummage around without specifically handing him the specific ammo you wanted him to use and inform him specifically not to load anything else in lest he damage the waepon

m i s s i o n t y p e o r d e r s
>>
>>30610958
>brother that doesn't really know shit
>>30611328
>texted me while i was at work
as long as you're blaming yourself for letting it happen, not just blaming him for making it happen
>>
>>30608985
That is painfully unsafe, for him and everyone else nearby.
>>
>>30611435
looks like fun though
>>
>>30611399

>as long as you're blaming yourself for letting it happen

If you let your family member borrow your car do you remind them not to pour sand into the engine oil before they start driving? He fucked up by throwing a wild card into the mix. He did buy me a 500 round range pack of 9mm and a steak dinner to make up for it though after I told him why you can't shoot modern ammo through a Garand without a gas plug.
>>
File: 1466587415560.jpg (11 KB, 199x194) Image search: [Google]
1466587415560.jpg
11 KB, 199x194
>>30607542
> gift father SxS shotgun as birthsday-present
> family comes over
> shotguns just leans at the wall
> nobody notices it
> suddenly we talk about the gifts they´ve got
> talk about the shotgun
> granma stands right beside it
> she picks it up
> muzzle is pointed towards the family
> mfw

thank god, it was unloaded
>>
>>30611456
letting your retarded no-gunz brother use your gun is like tossing a 12yo the keys to your car and telling him to have fun

and I don't let anyone borrow my car, why would I?

If I did, I would certainly remind them not to put diesel in the tank or do anything that might damage my property
>>
>>30608608
>overpriced
kinda
>meme zombie killa gun
8/10 I mad

>literally described by dozens of high profile collectors and writers as the finest production revolver ever made
>I have a goldfish memory and the last time I saw it was in da zombie show so it's memes

chainsaw your own head off, you're not using it
>>
>>30610226
An investment is land or in options trading you dip, not a fucking gun. You're a degree more stupid then people who think cars are a "investment"
>>
File: 1449124978357.png (942 KB, 630x643) Image search: [Google]
1449124978357.png
942 KB, 630x643
>>30607654
This. If I can't spin my cylinder and slam it shut, why even fucking live
>>
>>30610823
>So you let him continue to do it after he'd done it once? What the fuck is wrong with you?

I can't speak for my father, I was about to say something but my father shook his head. I don't know what he was thinking, but my uncle got it after we told him a second time.

>>30610792
>I mean, correct me if i'm wrong but you had literally just taught him basic saftey and he immediately violated those rules,

This is true, I've got no idea why he did other than ignorance. Perhaps my father let it slide because he knew they were unloaded as he checked himself after I checked, and because my Aunt had just married the guy, to my knowledge my parents have never met the guy and likely didn't want to yell at him within the first two hours of meeting him for the first time. As I said above, had it been me I would have said something, whether I was told not to or not, but my father didn't for his own reasons and I know better than to question his reasoning on these things.
>>
>>30610679
>friend recently got a revolver from his brother in law
>BIL said it had some problems with it it wouldn't fire like every other shot
>friend dosent care and gets it for a steal
>it's a taurus so he has that life time warrenty part of which is why he got it
>go to the local guns tore and send it to taurus
>a month later he gets the gun back with a invoice of work done
>"bent cylinder rod, avoid flipping the cylinder into the gun"
>>
>>30607738
You're projecting so hard someone could point you at a wall and watch the new Purge movie.

Seriously guys, it's a weapon, not a piece of art. If it can't handle hard use, it's a shitty weapon. If you can't handle your weapon seeing hard use, you're a shitty weapon owner.
>>
I was that guy once.
>first time I ever shoot guns other than air rifles
>with my friend, his dad, and the owner of this gun club with his pistol license (this is NZ) are shooting some of the owner's guns with supervision along with another couple who signed up for what I assume in hindsight to be an open day or some shit
>he brings out his gunz, including:
>.455 Webley revolver
>some .22 revolver
>some .22 semiauto pistol
>P08
>.50 black powder rifle
>I get to shoot the .22s for a bit, after a while of everyone playing with them shooting them at targets he lets us use the Loogah
>Friend shoots with it after the other people do, then it's my turn
>"Now you put the magazine in and just let go of the arm"
>I pussy out of releasing the arm and slowly let it fall down
>Friend and owner cringe
>s-sorry
>We shoot the black powder rifle
>it takes single brass cartridges in a lever action
>shoot it
>go to reload
>again, attempt to be much too gentle with the action
>the fucking brass is stuck inside
>friend laughs at me, "lol fucking faggot you broke his gun"
>owner comes over and says something to the effect of "oh n-no it shouldn't be doing that it wasn't your fault"

That happened so long ago and my memory of the incident is pretty hazy, so I have no idea if I actually broke the guy's rifle or what.
>>
>>30611528
Every-fucking-body knows that a standard vehicle doesn't use diesel.
>>
>>30611569
Cars depreciate in value, land varies with the market, guns only appreciate in value if properly kept.
>>30611374
You're a fucking idiot. You think a retail store will buy it back from you for MSRP? Are they just supposed to not make money because of your fundamental lack of understanding of economics?
>>
>>30611838
well if i had a diesel-engined car i would make sure to tell the person not to put gas in it, fuckhead
>>
File: nuremberg.jpg (38 KB, 1280x302) Image search: [Google]
nuremberg.jpg
38 KB, 1280x302
>>30611767
i agree and disagree.

are you saying I should heavily use my 1600s artisan wheelhlock?

pic related, mine is also a nuremberg from the same collection, it is art.
>>
>>30611893
I'm saying that any modern gun not specifically made for situations in which it won't receive a lot of abuse (competition, wall pieces, etc.) should be able to withstand such. It's like how a car not made for race tracks needs decent headlights.
>>
>>30609184
Wait you're not supposed to slap down the charging handle on a ptr91
>>
>>30611876
Not him, but consider the following

He said specifically for his brother to use the ammo provided, that would be like you telling someone to use the fuel you provided.

If someone puts the wrong fuel in because they didn't listen to you to use the stuff you said to, it's their fault.
>>
>>30611690
>implying that happened from a single instance
>Implying it doesn't take thousands of repeat offenses to do noticeable damage to the gun.
>>
>>30612272
>it's a taurus

All you need to know.
>>
>>30607542
>Be recent hasguns visiting with noguns family
>Grudging acceptance of my hobby
>Be practicing pulling my SAA out of its holster and dry-firing it with snap caps towards the window (which overlooks an empty valley)
>Mom comes in to talk
>At some point she for some reason decides to pull the gun and point it at me and jokingly say "freeze!"
>Nearly die of autism attack

How could I have failed so completely to teach someone gun safety?
>>
>>30607542
If the cylinder had nothing in it, slapping the cylinder closed wont do anything.
It's when you try doing that with rounds in the cylinder is when you get problems.
If a round comes up it could catch on the frame and possibly tweak the crane.
>>
>>30612001
mine was made to fight, it is a weapon, but I bought it for appreciation as art, different people assign different values to things for different reasons.
>>
>>30610958
I wasn't aware that humans could have that kind of skeletal structure.

Reptilian overlord perhaps?
>>
>>30611489
Your father is at least good with it, right?
>>
>>30611779
You probably short stroked the lever meaning the case didn't fully extract, then when you slammed it home you crushed the casing instead of feeding a new round from the elevator. Won't harm the gun but it's a pain to clear depending on the design of lever gun.
>>
>>30612210
it's the owner's fault for letting someone use it without direct supervision in the first place
>>
today i learned there is no reason to own a revolver
>>
>>30612537

t. guy who borrows other people's shit, breaks it, and says it's their fault
>>
>>30607542
>I spent $3800 on something I don't know the basic mechanics of
Doing it once won't hurt it you fucking sperg, way to freak out over nothing
>>
File: 1435316466508.jpg (21 KB, 460x269) Image search: [Google]
1435316466508.jpg
21 KB, 460x269
>>30607542
>take a girl on a date
>take her out for fun guns
>drops my loaded rifle on the concrete and scratches the barrel because the gun is too heavy in prone position
>let the try the shot gun
>guns loaded ready to shoot
>she starts giggling and swings the gun around at my feet saying it too heavy

fucking women I swear
>>
>>30607654
>>30611585
>>30612480
No, there is no revolver that is safe to flick the cylinder on.
>>30610295
Classic cars and guns have far greater returns than commodities, equities, etc.

Sure, there's a lot more risk, but the growth is enormous.
>>
>>30609037
You do realize none of the faggots that actually watch the walking dead are smart enough to put two and two together and realize there's anything special about Rick's gun, right?
>>
>>30610958
is this shopped, please tell me this is shopped
>>
>>30612001
sure but guns aren't toys and shouldn't be treated as such ,do burnouts and donuts in your care and your tires are gonna be fucked,just because something is fun and possible to do doesn't mean you should do it.
>>
>>30611690
This didn't happen
>>
>>30607542
Better point: Why the fuck doesn't colt make them again?
>>
>>30612655
Shooting is what a gun is explicitly designed for, burnouts are not what tires are explicitly designed for.
>>30612492
Are you talking about the Nuremberg or the Python?
>>
File: 1466796018667.png (456 KB, 626x1252) Image search: [Google]
1466796018667.png
456 KB, 626x1252
>>30607542
>>Most of my family are liberals who hate guns
>>Grandfather fought in korean war and has been buyin guns since I could remember
>>Ever since I was little I had a interest in guns and so he taught me the basic gun safety
>We would go hunting and go to the shooting range
>>Liberal uncle, aunts and parents are mad since I am the only one he spends time with.
>>He takes this chance as to impart some wisdom and knowledge to his grandchildren
>>Tries teaching them the basic gun safety
>>All of them ignore it, two actually press the trigger. Their parents praised them
>>Disappointing but not surprise.jpg
>>Grandfather goes inside and drink himself to sleep
>>this was when I was a teenager
>>MFW they all hate my grandfather for being "Abusive" and "Neglectful"
>>
>>30612826
the nuremberg, pretty as it is, it was made to siege
>>
>>30611838
>Everybody knows that gas vehicles don't use diesel

Then why do people still screw up and put diesel in their gas cars and gas in their diesels?
>>
>>30612694
Because they can't
>No tooling
>None of the expert craftsman that used to make them
>Even when they were making snake guns they lost money on every one that left the shop by the end and it'd be worse now

Colt can't even make guns with "colt blue" bluing anymore. How the mighty have fallen. Also fuck them for the high shelf/non m16 BCGs cuck ARs for the proles. New ones might be milspec, but the gun community remembers.
>>
>>30610620
So basically, it is a meme

Thanks
>>
>>30612562
>t. guy who doesn't blame others for my dumb mistake to give them an opportunity to damage my property
>>
>>30612829
that sucks, i hope you got to enjoy plenty of good time with him because he wanted nothing more than to spend time with you and your family, they were just too block-headed to accept him

i miss my grandpa now, I never got to go shooting with him
>>
>>30610793
This. I've forged some tools and blades in my time, and I swear every single person who you show will with out a doubt: Touch the polished surface with their greasy mitts, test the edge (usually slicing themselves and getting upset) and almost drop the fucking thing or put it down like a retard.
>>
>>30612846
If it was made to siege then it should be able to withstand whatever abuse would come from sieging back in the day.

If it has no place in modern combat or whatever, like your Nuremberg, it becomes less of a weapon and more of an art piece. A Colt Python is mechanically the same as modern revolvers, making it more of a weapon and less of an art piece. Weapons should be able to take abuse, and weapon owners should expect such from use.

I do see what you're saying though.
>>
File: MACHINEGEWEHR.jpg (93 KB, 964x634) Image search: [Google]
MACHINEGEWEHR.jpg
93 KB, 964x634
>>30612604

theres a type to be cutesy and flirty...but not with a gun
>>
>>30607625
Yeah , that is why I treat my car like shit and don't service it , because it is meant to be used and not taken care of.
>>
>>30611569
>An investment is land or in options trading

or precious metals, rare earths, commodities, non-liquid capital, etc.

retard.
>>
>>30612034
Considering it's the only way to load the fucking thing that's listed in the manual, I figure it's perfectly fine.
>>
File: 1459280499777.jpg (201 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1459280499777.jpg
201 KB, 894x894
>>30613095
> If it was made to siege it should be able to withstand whatever abuse would come from sieging back in the day.

it's 400 years old,

also I get your points, I really do, but I know some people get guns purely for aesthetics, display, or as art, these weapons have different inherent value, of course you may not like them and you don't have to, but saying someone else is stupid for liking them/ wanting them that way is absurd.
>>
>>30611893
>I own an artisan wheelock from the 1600s

Post a pic or stfu lying nigger
>>
>>30613193
"I can't afford it theres no way you can waa waaa"

I don't need to prove shit to some randy on a korean spider egg forum
>>
>>30612692
To bad it did saw it with my own eyes >>30612272
Like the other anon said taurus
But just because it takes alot to fuck it up dosent mean its okay to do it sometimes
>>
>>30607636
bend a fucking cylinder rod , are you serious?
>>
>>30607857
what the fuck , stop spreading bullshit , a scratch stopping a 1911... im done lmao...
>>
>>30613271

Your picture is stolen from the internet.
http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/rifles/antique-rifles-1500-1850/-17th-century-style-nuremburg-wheel-lock-musket-al3622-.cfm?gun_id=100513004
>>
>>30613271
>wahhh I got called out for lying better call him poor :^(

nice try faggot
>>
>>30607857
>>30613361

sry i wanted to say that to the guy who think a scratch can fuck up a 1911
>>
>>30613384
no fucking shit that aint mine, I'm on mobile, I said pic related mine's also a nuremberg

>>30613401
someone's salty, and yeah, I assume he thinks I'm lying because the going rate for one is about 65k
>>
>>30612932
Since pythons are so valuable now, whats stopping them for retooling and restarting production? Would it fuck the market value on the guns?
>>
>>30613401
idc if the guys lying, he still has a point
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nb7xtmbC9x1rjf1pv.gif (974 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nb7xtmbC9x1rjf1pv.gif
974 KB, 500x281
>Buy first gat
>superhappyandnolongerdepressed.wmv
>anti mom finds out
>"it's the gun or college tuition anon!"
>2 weeks later
>you know what anon if you prove you're mature you can have it at the end of the summer
>mfw
>>
>>30613481
Fucking kill yourself or learn OpSec
>>
>>30613501
I tried anon, she found out from my bank records
>>
>dad is Vietnam vet.
>i had a nice collection of ww2 weapons
>3-4 nights in a week dad just screams in his sleep
>"leave me alone" "anon take care" " anon watch the other anon"
>one night wake up to sounds in the back yard
>see my dad behind a tree with m1 grand in his hand
>almost shit my pants coz he looked into my eyes with a strange i dont know you look
>dad?
>"what are you doing here?"
>get inside its 3am
>looked around him looked at the rifle in his hands dropped it and came back inside
>i got rid of all the guns in the house coz life is precious
>>
>>30613508
>letting mommy look at your bank records
JESUSFUCKINGCHRISTOS grow a spine and hide your shit dumbass
>>
>>30613481
>>30613501
>>30613508
Then tell her to fuck off, it's your right
then sign up for student loans
laugh for the next 4 years as mommy begs you to come back home and be her little boy again, she'll even tolerate the gun
>>
>>30613465
>he has a point

And that is?
>>30613433
You're on mobile but don't even have one shitty cell phone pic of a $65k rifle?

Sure thing buddy
>>
>>30613534
>tfw two uncles have similar issues
You have my sympathies anon.
>>
>>30612604
this is whenever i do the gun range date i go to a rental range and let her fuck with the rental guns instead of my own guns

plus there's usually an RO keeping an eye on you cuz ur renting and will intervene if shit gets silly. saves me from being the bad guy
>>
>>30613578
when he was talking to the other guy about form over function
>>
File: FLCL_17.jpg (49 KB, 480x479) Image search: [Google]
FLCL_17.jpg
49 KB, 480x479
>>30611435
It takes an idiot to do cool things, that's why it's cool.
>>
>>30613576
it's how she deposits monies in the account anon
>>
>>30613577
Imma probs move out in six(ish) months or so. It all depends if I qual for FAFSA and other loans and/or parents agree to help pay for skool
>>
>>30613620
Nigger, that isn't how this works.

There is no earthly reason that a person needs to see your private bank account to transfer money to you.
>>
>>30613643
cool, in the meantime inform her that stealing your weapon away from you is felonious and unamerican
>>
>>30613620
QUIT BEING A TITTY BABY THEN
>>
>>30613659
nigga the bank account was set up when I was a minor, it's joint.
>>
Man there's one asshole in here who literally argues with everyone, why do you faggots keep replying to him?
>>
>>30613620
>>30613659
You're not making your own money at age 18+?
>>
>>30610958
>>mfw can't loan my brother any of my guns ever again.
or at least none that aren't good enough to handle factory ammo
>>
File: 1467045425538.jpg (2 MB, 1325x1751) Image search: [Google]
1467045425538.jpg
2 MB, 1325x1751
So this might be a really stupid question but coming from someone who has never held or owned a revolver what is the proper way to close it?
>>
>>30610136
>Don't you have some EBT cards to swipe, peasant?
>I'm poor because I don't like spending outrageous amounts of money on almost useless shit that can break with little effort
Don't you plan on having kids to disappoint? Or even a retirement plan? Or are you just going to bite the bullet when you get to the age of ~50?

>>30610226
I'm not saying it's not a nice gun. I'm saying if you payed more than $1,500 for it you are wasting your time and your money. Also why the hell would you want something so expensive that's so fragile? There's literally 0 point. If something as little as a cylinder flick can "ruin" a python and decrease it's value to half of what is was it's not really worth $3,800 is it?

>>30613137
>I literally have 0 reading comprehension: the post
>>
>>30613669
I was pretty pissed and might've moved out had she mandated I sell it, she's letting me keep it so long as I'm "mature" (meaning I just consistently get monies from a job and get my ass in shape) which I'm cool with.

My only issue is I've looked into jobs such as being a Armed Security Officer and such (that require the weapon very frequently) and she's not too happy about that.

So I might move out by then (cause that job pays pretty damn good)
>>
>>30613699
Like I said TITTY BABY
>>
>>30613693
gotta finish skool for ROTC anon. I wants to join big blue but need an edumacation for that
>>
>>30613722
like any other fragile expensive piece of shit, use minimum force by hand to handle it, until you can sell it to some idiot
>>
>>30613712
No, full time college (and before I got injured) ROTC kinda shut that down for me, parents were more concerned about grades than me getting money. Which I'm cool with.
>>
>>30613796
i work in the night and study in the day
TITTY BABY
>>
>>30613439
That they literally can't make them. They don't have the craftsmen and they'd cost thousands of dollars for a weaker revolver design than a Smith or Ruger without the colt blue bluing, fit and finish, or any of the history.

People have compared the centennial editions of the 1903/1908 colt pocket hammerless reissued for an obscene amount of money and they are garbage compared to the originals.
>>
>>30611435
>safe
i don't think that's a word in russian
>>
File: sliverspoon.png (805 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sliverspoon.png
805 KB, 1280x720
>>30613812
what u jelly of mai silver spoon anon?
>>
>>30613817
That's depressing.
>>
>>30613837
jelly of not having a weapon and being on /k/?
>>
File: 1464379187885.gif (385 KB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
1464379187885.gif
385 KB, 371x209
>Be me
>get granddads Type 99 from after the war
>keep in hard case under bed till I can get a bigger safe
>Brother comes in takes it out to fuck with it
>He cant figure out that you need to lower the follower till you can push bolt forward
>came home to him hitting bolt with a hammer trying to get it to go down
>ended up with bent follower and back of bold is scratched and flattened
>ended up selling his xbox 1 and all his games while he was at school
>buy new type 99 parts take rest of money which was about 150 dollars and buy a can of nugget food
The gun will never feel the same. Its like I tainted a war trophy by repairing it but its better then a fucked gun desu.
>>
>>30613867
touché

but no not really since I'll get it in a few months
>>
>>30612578
it also makes a line all around the revolving part if its done while spinning. pretty infuriating since its now there forever
>>
>>30613888
kek nicely done
>>
>>30613888
>came home to him hitting bolt with a hammer trying to get it to go down
Is he mentally challenged, just plain stupid, or a kid?
>>
>>30613888
What a retard. I did the something similar to my dads Springfield, except I put it back in the case and told him later that day that I couldn't close the bolt
>>
>>30612407
They need to learn from experience.
Let them nd into a wall, they'll either stop handling them altogether, or be more careful.
>>
>>30613996
he was 10 but even for a 10 year old that was fucking dumb.
>>
>>30608985
Fuck him, steroids are for tiny sack fucks. That cute little parcor jump spin will never beat a steady hand and fast draw.
>>
File: 20160619_100508.jpg (3 MB, 4032x2268) Image search: [Google]
20160619_100508.jpg
3 MB, 4032x2268
>>30607542
>yfw I bought a stainless colt king cobra for $600 and I shoot the absolute fuck out of it.
>>
>>30613888
I hope he learned a lesson at least
>>
>>30612523
sure thing
>>
File: 908916238408.png (113 KB, 206x307) Image search: [Google]
908916238408.png
113 KB, 206x307
>>30614069
A. it's spelled parkour
B. you sound like a Fatty McFatfat who is blaming that guy for still being able to put one foot in front of the other under his own power
>>
>>30614017
Not really. Ten year olds are fucking dumb and so are you.
>>
>>30608985
>SSSTYLISH!!!
>>
File: image.png (60 KB, 420x421) Image search: [Google]
image.png
60 KB, 420x421
>>30613534
I didn't come cone here to feel
>>
>>30613534
w-what did you do with them anon?
>>
>>30610355
I immediately disregard the opinions of people who spell "loses" "looses" - even if I agree with them.
>>
>>30617018
Hopefully turned them into the police to be destroyed.
>>
>>30617124
This
>>
>>30617124
The thought of this makes me want to have a brain hemorrhage
>>
>>30608877
>the price reflects the quality
No, the price reflects them being some of the last DA revolvers with a Colt rollmark on them and being 20 years out of production. The barrels are great but the actions are really not. Thats why during the 70s people used to mate python barrels to ruger security 6 actions.
>>
>>30610355
It absolutely does lose value, please tell me you're not one of those greasy fucks on armslist trying to get retail price for his "Like new only 50 rounds through it glock"
>>
>>30610958
Did you actually expect him to know that garands can't handle modern .30-06, nobody who isn't a garandophile knows that. You needed to tell him that when you lent it to him.
>>
>>30613073
>HOLY SHIT THAT'S COOL IS IT SHARP????
>Cuts finger drops knife
>Now I have to fix the edge I just polished because he dropped it on concrete

Why do people think the best way to check if something is sharp is to try and cut themselves?
>>
>>30612829
make sure he gives you all the funs in his will or else the family will sell them or get rid of them!
>>
>>30613534

Ask me how I know your story is bullshit.
>>
>>30613028
I never got to go shooting with my papu either.
And the bad part is that he sold his 1894 Winchester and .22lr revolver.
I wish we went shooting once or twice.
>>
>>30613607
Stop taking bitches to the range
Bitches wanna do cutesy shit and complain
Bitches can't handle guns until you are the bad guy whatever the fuck that means
Bitches are tripping
>>
>>30613711
Welcome to 4chan newfaggot
We argue all damn day and shit post all damn day
>>
Never. I'll die before nogunz faggots get in my safe
>>
>>30610226
"ur just jealous"
hope this is bait, and you aren't this dumb and openly blind to criticism
>>
>>30610633
You fucking dumbass, no wonder he broke the rules, when you let him fucking attempt to shoot your father.
>>
>>30617370
Because most retards are used to blunt as fuck kitchen knives because they've never sharpened a knife in their life.
>>
>>30612524
There was an old cowboy movie that had that scene in it, lol
>>
>>30612829
You had better ask for some of them now from him, or you'll never see a one. Get as many as you can, the senpai will sell them as soon as you start getting them from him.
>>
>>30613122
Could you imagine how long those sights would last on a service weapon today? LOL
>>
>>30607625
Why not both you fucking loser.
>>
>>30612329
Yeah... Probably arrived from factory with bent rod...
>>
>>30607625
flipping it closed like the movies is still pretty stupid
>>
>>30617313
>provided you don't fire it

Was that so hard to read?
>>
>>30612407
>pull the gun and point it at me and jokingly say "freeze!"
my mother would have done the same thing.
Fucking lel
>>
>>30613122
>MACHINEGEWEHR.jpg
it should be MASCHINENGEWEHR
>>
>>30611543
>chainsaw
You and your meme zombie killa weapons
>>
Moving into a house with 4 roommates and trying to keep my hobby really lowkey there.

Anyone think having the safe lay horizontally in my big ass closet is a good idea or could that potentially damage the guns?
>>
>>30619866
I'd lay the safe on its back if you have the room, just so if it shifts the guns wo t topple over one another.
>>
>>30610711
>everybody wants one
> only the .000001% of idiots that want a gun that is only serviceable by a handful of humanity's, of which the number has been decreasing each year
> oh and Colt doesn't want to
not plans to ever service them again because of how much of a pain it was
Keep trying to justify your purchase
>>
>>30617539
>attempt to shoot your father

the guns were unloaded, read some of the replies, I was about to stop him.
>>
>>30612606
Wine. I made a far better return than when I was flipping muscle cars.
Step 1 buy wine that's not insipid shit like three buck chuck
Step 2. Store in basement for a few years
Step 3 auction for profit
>>
>>30613607
>saves me from being the bad guy
wow
>>
>>30613418
Of course a scratch wont change the function of the firearm.

But you can be sure I am judging the hell out of the owner of said 1911. Only fools get idiot scratches from simple field stripping. Holster wear and other scratches are fine.
>>
>>30620467
gun should always be handled as if it were loaded.

There is no 'about to,' there is only do or didn't do
Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.