[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
smoke grenades
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: pix723376886.jpg (35 KB, 281x324) Image search: [Google]
pix723376886.jpg
35 KB, 281x324
hey /k/ I've been looking at buying some smoke grenades for emergencies and signalling, also just to generally have. but I keep finding that military smoke grenades maybe considered destructive devices but can't get a clear answer. it seems to be a very grey area. so does anyone here own any smoke grenades or know the actual laws on them? I'am thinking it may be illegal to use but not to buy. anyways any input would be great.
>>
Depends

If they have a .mil fuse with some primary explosive that could be removed and used on another explosive, then they're probably illegal

I'm sure there's legal smoke "grenades" that you can buy, though
>>
>>30604063
I thought about that but there are guys selling old new stock military grenades on gunbroker here is one of them and it doesn't say that I need a background check or a ffl or any licensing to purchase. http://www.gunbroker.com/item/570503381
>>
>>30604108

I'm sure it'd be fine then
>>
>>30604171
I would hope
>>
Looking around

ATF says the fuse could be a DD, and they've strong armed manufacturers to not sell directly to the public (I guess the companies that make them and gas/flash grenades for police).

Some say private sale is still fine for the M18.

I'd contact the ATF directly if you're concerned.
>>
>>30604397
i'll have to contact them and see if its ok I guess
>>
>>30603922
I brought demo home from the Army. Parachute flares, cluster flares, trip flares, arty sims, smoke grenades, CS grenades, even a couple of WP grenades.

I was TRADOC. They gave us more than we could use. It was easy to acquire. Used most of it up over a couple of Fourth of Julys. Trip flares were good for practical jokes (had whistlers, poppers, and regular old fashioned flares). I CS'd the locker room at work (I hated that place) and used the second on some friends who wanted to know what it was like. Gassed them in the woods. They regretted it.

WP grenades I used to piss off an asshole neighbor. It's amazing how bright they burn, bright enough to wake up an entire neighborhood at 2 AM. PIA neighbor kept being a bitch so I did it again. He threatened me so I told him I had a whole case just for him...he stopped being an asshole. Good thing too, because I'd just used my last one. I still have one of the little metal disks they leave behind.

That was 20 years ago. Only thing left is a green smoke. Not even sure it'll work anymore.
>>
>>30604441
dude that's awesome. how long where you in your unit?
>>
well just sent an email to the atf about it hopefully doesn't turn into some kind of bullshit and they give me a straight answer
>>
>>30603922
>hey /k/ I've been looking at buying some smoke grenades for emergencies and signalling,
Why get ~~~~"""""""""((((((smoke grenades))))~~~~~~~"""""" then?

Your local hardware or boat supply store probably sells flares of various colours by the crate.
>>
>>30604503
emergencies being hey I need to run to cover in a large distance and signaling like hey I'am popping white smoke. mostly would just like to collect some never know when they might come in handy.
>>
>>30604503

flares are also good mostly just am curious if they are legal to own and to buy without special licensing
>>
>>30604526
the grenades I mean
>>
File: 3239945507_20e684f111.jpg (145 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
3239945507_20e684f111.jpg
145 KB, 500x375
>>30604518
>"emergencies being hey I need to run to cover in a large distance"
>amercans are so deluded that they think this will ever happen to them in their lifetimes
>americans are so inept that they can't go to totse and get a two-bit smoke bomb recipe
>>
>>30604621
not hoping I'll ever be in a situation like that.
I could make a smoke bomb with a few recipes but its not that pressing. and I wanted to find out if I can actually own military surplus smoke grenades.
>>
>>30604621
>americans are so inept that they can't go to totse and get a two-bit smoke bomb recipe

Yeah enjoy getting shot through watery smoke, non of the anarchist cook book smokes hold a candle to actual mil spec smokes.
>>
>>30604621
>Hey guys I want to have some fun and spend my money how I feel like
lol u murican r so dum u shud jus be smrt lik us uros, cept britin thur leevin
>>
>>30604621

The listed M18 comes with a nice pull ring and fuse to disperse the smoke quicker

Yeah, you can make all of those things, but if you can buy one already set up, there you go.
>>
>>30603922
potassium nitrate (stump remover) melted together with colored crayon wax
>>
>>30604621
>Totse

Holy shit, haven't heard that name in awhile. I remember going there to read erotica, get explosives recipes and troll for video poon. Shit was cash
>>
>>30603922
Other anons already explained but the gist of it is that manufacturers ( and by extension their dealers) won't sell smoke grenades that use a traditional military type fuze except to .gov types.

You can still buy/own/sell/use, they're just harder to get. Got a cop buddy? Hell the right store might even sell to an EMT or firefighter.

All that said I'd heard that some of the nicer airsoft versions are pretty good. Less weather resistant and use a pull cord but they are cheaper. Shipping's a bitch though so try and buy in store if you can.
>>
>>30604440
>>30604397
>>30603922
dont be assholes, dont contact the ATF for dumb shir like this, only bad things come from it.

technically the m201a1 fuses could be considered explosive devices. The fuses with no delay (which comes on most smokes and CS/CN/OC) are not a problem at this time, but the M203 training fuses (not 40mm m203) have a delay then a black or flash powder charge at the end.

the ATF did not strongarm anyone into not selling smokes/gas, That was a bullshit email sent by the faggot owner of one of the companies (ALS I believe) who make less lethal products who sucks lawyer asshole, wanted an easy excuse not to sell to civs.

private sale is fine for m18s and other smokes with no delay at this time, if they werent the ATF would have gone around and tried to collect them like they did with the 40mm illumination rounds.

again, the fuse for the M18s is NOT a DD
>>
>>30604991
m18s are really mde for signalling and they are piss poor at creating a smoke screen.

there is another smoke grenade (whose designation escapes me at the moment) thats made specifically to provide a smoke screen and has a much higher volume of smoke
>>
>>30605702
lol i remember reading that place when i was like a pre-teen most of the shit on there was bullshit
I'd be legitimately surprised if it was still up it was getting pressured to shut down doesn't make sense they'd keep the server up
>>
>>30605622
And sugar
>>
>>30605883
I was about that age too. I think it shut down a few years ago actually but someone made a totse 2 that sucked the thick and hairy. Got to yahoo chat with some girl in Ireland from totse, saw her tits so that's a plus.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.