[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Camp Perry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 2655365_300x300.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
2655365_300x300.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
So who's going to Nationals? I'll be there for CMP week.
>>
>>30602567

Went in 2013 and shot a 210 in the JCG match with my International Harvester Field Grade. I won't make it this year but I'm hoping to next year if finances permit.
>>
>>30602593
This will be my first year. In the huts, flying out. I'm 90% sure I'm going to forget everything I need. Hell I should be reloading right now...
>>
>>30602621

What matches are you registered for?
>>
>>30602704
P100 NTI NTT NTIT, not shooting wood games this year, have to focus.
>>
I thought about doing this once. I think you get an M1 garand if you complete the course right?
>>
>>30602902
You can buy one but no one hands you a rifle for showing up and not shitting the bed. Unless you are the best at not shitting the bed, there are rifles for those guys.
>>
>>30602902

Nope, if you finish in the top 10% of the national matches, you get 10 points towards your Distinguished Marksman Badge. It's a pretty big deal seeing as there's only about 2500 people in the entire US that have one.
>>
>>30602917
>>30602928
Huh... And do I want an M1 garand? Is it worth going to this event knowing I won't make top 10%?
>>
>>30602567
Should I spend the money to upgrade my non-CMP M1 Garand to national match standards? I don't shoot competitive, but I heard that NM Garands sell for a lot more and are more valuable if they've been overhauled.
>>
How should one begin practicing for these matches? I'd like to work up to competing in the President's 100 one day, but am not an experienced shooter currently.

I bought a bunch of 200 yard NRA targets to start shooting, but would like to hear advice from those who have done it.
>>
>>30602928
>Distinguished Marksman Badge
Like the thing military gets in basic?
>>
>>30602567
I was regestered but a coworker had a family emergency so my vacation got pulled. Sucks, but there's always next year.
>>
>>30603519
Bump
>>
>>30603882

Kind of, expect the Distinguished Marksman Badge is much harder to receive. You need 30 points to earn it. most local state EIC rifle matches award 4-6 points for the first place winner of the match. Matches with more than 25 competitors are known as "hard legs" which award 8 points for the first place shooter. Your points don't expire so you have a lifetime to complete it, but it still isn't as easy as it sounds. Last year the lowest score you could get to be in the top 10% at Camp Perry was 267/300 for the 200 meter rifle match. Meaning you'd have to be in the 10 ring for 26 out of your 30 shots in sitting, prone and standing
>>
>>30603519

Find your local Appleseed project. they'll teach you how to shoot basically for free. All you need to do is bring 500 rounds of 22lr and 100-300 rounds of centerfire rifle ammo to shoot for the weekend.

You can also look up your local CMP sanctioned matches on google. Most only cost $20-$30 to participate in.
>>
>>30607505
>26 out of 30 in ten ring standing at 200
Nevermind, not interested anymore.
>>
>>30609703

you take 10 shots in each position, not 30 in each.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.