[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need a scope to soothe my weapons grade autism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: images (1).jpg (5 KB, 412x122) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
5 KB, 412x122
Looking for a scope that has up to 9x magnification with a decent objective lens size with a miliradian reticle with miliradian adjustments. preferably I want a bdc reticle (so also first focal plane).

Anyone got suggestions? Hopefully one of you guys can help me soothe my autism.
>>
>>30600538
>miliradian reticle
A what the fuck?
>>
>>30600538
Swfa 3-9hd
>>
>>30600563
Are you retarded?
>>
>>30600538
Primary Arms 4-14 mil dot

has what you're looking for and it's cheap

Alternatively they have the ACSS reticle, but only for 308 and 5.56

It's not the clearest glass, but if you were gonna max out at 9, your distance isn't that far
>>
>>30600775
Well, 9 magnification O's good for approximately 900m
>>
>>30600538
What do you mean by a Mil reticle and a BDC reticle? These are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>30600895
have you ever looked down a 9x scope at that range?

Because the target is going to be really really f ucking small
>>
>>30600538
>mil reticle with mil adjustments
>but I actually want a BDC
>>
>>30600563
most long range scopes are milliradian (or 'mil' or 'mil-dot') hash marks and have milliradian turrets. They're a different method of angle measuring. MOA is minute of angle and uses the degree system, milliradian uses the radian system; 2*Pi radians in a circle and 360 degrees in a circle. One minute of angle is 1/60th of a degree and 1 milliradian is 1/1000th of a radian.

I wasn't meaning to be pedantic; just to try to help explain it as it wasn't clearly explained to me when I was first learning.
>>
>>30600895
You're barely going to be able to see a 10" disc with 9x at 1000 yards; your center cross hair will likely completely cover it.
>>
>>30600997
You can have both.
>>
>>30600538
SWFA 3-9x HD
>>
>>30600919
I want a reticle set up with mil hashes with a bdc "chart". That really isn't mutually exclusive.
>>
>>30601153
maybe if your BDC reticle happens to have the mil points measured on the reticle, but a mildot reticle is not a BDC
>>
>>30601199
I didn't say mil dot. I want it set up for miliradians. I want the hashes plus a bdc chart.
>>
>>30601196
tell me how these things are the same

>I want the hashes plus a bdc chart.

What the fuck is a BDC chart
>>
>>30601220
fuck
>>
>>30601220
I was trying to come up with another way to explain it to you.

Think like the Soviet BDC reticle, something like that. I want that, with the militarism markings.
>>
File: HorusTremor3_1_nonillum.png (99 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
HorusTremor3_1_nonillum.png
99 KB, 750x750
>>30601196
That's not a mil reticle on the right...
>>
>>30601280
err, reply was meant for >>30601255
>>
>>30601270
the soviet reticle has two parts

A rangefinder, and a drop compensator

The rangefinder is inherent to the milfuckingwhatever reticle you have, and the same can be said for the drop
You can use a mildot reticle for both range finding and drop compensation

What do you want each for

>>30601280
>That's not a mil reticle on the right...

Never said it was, I was posting an example of a mil and a BDC
>>
>>30601316
Oh, you're not OP. Okay, I was not sure who was posting what anymore. I agree that having BDC style rangefinding on your mil reticle is retarded. You can mil range with the mil reticle, that's what it's for.
>>
>>30601342
you can rangefind things that aren't people with a BDC too, just gotta know what your BDC is calibrated for whether 72 inches tall or 18 inches wide
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.