[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USA v Austria
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Glock19.jpg (2 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
Glock19.jpg
2 MB, 3008x2000
What are the differences (if any) with Glocks that say USA on the side vs. Glocks that say Austria on the side (besides where they are made).

Is the quality the same? Do you prefer one over the other?
>>
Austrian Glocks use at least one of Hitler's pubes in every gun. They sneak it in to the injection molding phase and hope nobody notices. That's why they're produced in smaller volume than the made in USA ones.
>>
>>30599570
What conditioner do you think they used to keep them supple for 70+ years? Pantene maybe?
>>
>>30599427
The actual answer is in the finish to the slide. The Austrians use one (Tennifer? could be wrong) which is not allowed to be used in the USA because of the EPA. USA slide finish slightly different, *said* to be inferior (the most environmentally harmful shit is always the best). Other than that, no difference. Googly verify if you like, the gist is correct.
>>
>>30599660
Cosmoline.
>>
>>30599667
>which is not allowed to be used in the USA because of the EPA.
This will sound dumb but then how are they able to sell Austrian Glocks in the US if tennifer isn't allowed?
>>
>>30599689
because the application process is what causes the environmental nastiness. It's already applied on finished pistols. This is just my limited understanding, but it's all I was ever able to uncover when I looked.
>>
>>30599714
Oh ok, so as long as they're tennifer'd before they reach the US it's all good. Thats makes more sense, thanks.
>>
>>30599689
Just like with buying Chinese shit. We're not allowed to make things with it, but we sure as hell can buy it.
>>
>>30599570
>Hitler

>Austria
>>
>>30599755
He was actually Austrian by birth.
He moved to Germany and fought in the German army later in life.
>>
>>30599766
Yes ... this is true...

He lived on the border of Germany and consider himself German. He wasn't.
>>
>>30599822
I see Austrians are once again trying to deny that they're Germans as well. It won't do you any good.
>>
>>30599766
>>30599822
thats actually a myth.

He was born in the heart of Berlin. Get your facts straight you filthy jews
>>
>>30599427
>19gen3
Hhhhngh god i'm gonna burst
>>
As much as I love my country and the Navy Veteran that I am, none of my Glocks will ever bear any word on the side other than Austria. Sorry, I won't buy a USA made Glock, and I own 7 of them at the moment.
>>
>>30601045
My G20C has those same discolorations on the slide, is it the oil I'm using?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3252x1678) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3252x1678
>tfw all Austrian
>>
All my Glocks are Austria with ZEV triggers.
>>
>>30599667
thats was only true before they changed the slide finish for gen4
now it sucks regardless of austria or usa.
if you are outside the us austrian glocks cost more or have a slightly higher premium.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.