[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Southern States General.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 44
File: usamapSouth_910-575_v2.gif (83 KB, 910x575) Image search: [Google]
usamapSouth_910-575_v2.gif
83 KB, 910x575
/SSG/

Looking into moving from Based Arizona because I think I'm finally done with this triple digit heat.

I liked the South when I was stationed there. I'm looking for information, both gun related and not about what's good around the South.

>gun culture
>gun laws
>probability of crime
>cheap land for which to shoot on
>availability of jobs and manufacturing type industries (machinist)

Also, no Texas

Let's see it lads!
>>
FLORIDA
L
O
R
I
D
A
>>
>>30597538
Care to explain?
>>
>>30597535
Georgia away from Atlanta. Barrow county is a nice place, rural enough that you can be safe from crime but close enough to civilization. Forsyth county is a nice place too, I hear.
>>
>>30597535
>tired of the heat
>wants to move to the south
fucking kek
>>
>>30597535
MASTER RACE OKLAHOMA

I'm 100% serious.
>>
>>30597759
>Oklahoma

Went to basic at Fort Sill, fuck Oklahoma.
>>
>>30597535
>done with this triple digit heat
do you enjoy high double digits and high humidity?
>>
>>30597535
Mississippi is nice in places.

The Delta is a shooters paradise with miles upon miles of flatland fields that a farmer could be coerced into letting you shoot on his property after the harvest or even pest control for the wild hogs.

I lived in Tupelo for most of my life and it's not terrible. Small for sure compared to bigger cities but some people prefer it that way.

Stay away from Jackson. Stay far away. I live in Vicksburg and it's getting bad in places here too, but not anywhere close to Jackson.

We also have constitutional concealed carry and open carry.
>>
>>30597768
What's so bad about it?

Outside of Tulsa and OKC metros, it's mostly just a lot of empty nothingness.

Perfect for me desu senpai
>>
File: 1457845186093.jpg (15 KB, 233x258) Image search: [Google]
1457845186093.jpg
15 KB, 233x258
>no texas
what are you a faggot?
>>
>>30597746
As someone who grew up in NC, then moved to NM, then back to NC, the South is worse all day erryday. Humidity will suffocate you.

Wouldn't live anywhere else though, I'd suggest NC OP, just stay away from Asheville, Charlotte, and Gastonia. Find you somewhere near Boone to live, up in the Appalachia's. Boone is a little douchey too but it's a college town.
>>
>>30597746
>>30597771
AC went out on us for the twice in a month. It may be hot down south but I think sweet tea and alot more shade make up for the heat
>>
>>30597535
>Looking into moving from Based Arizona because I think I'm finally done with this triple digit heat.
>moving from Arizona
>with low humidity heat
>to the South, which has high-90's 70%+ humidity

Boy are you in for a surprise, anon. Georgia anon here, lived in Flagstaff for two years. If heat is the reason you're moving, these are not the states you are looking for.

>current temp/humidity in Flagstaff:
81 degrees F/11%
>Atlanta, GA:
88 degrees F/49% (this is pretty low, by the way)
>>
>>30597843
Wouldn't mind Flagstaff, problem is there aren't many jobs up that way for Machining. Plus I'm getting away from a life time of bad decisions as well.... Fresh start as it were.
>>
Don't do it.

You're moving from a dry heat to a humid heat. It means the humidity, combined with the high heat, prevents you from sweating.

If you're not adapted to the high heat index, you're screwed.
>>
Where my niggas in Huntsville at?
>>
>>30597826
Nah m8, you hit saturation point here which means there's so much moisture in the air your sweat doesn't evaporate. Im >>30597822
and I promise moving to the south to get away from heat is like moving to Rio to get away from gang violence.

But do it man, the South is great. I liked the West but I love the South.
>>
File: Roan.jpg (188 KB, 720x477) Image search: [Google]
Roan.jpg
188 KB, 720x477
Come up to the mountains, OP. I live in East Tennessee. It's God's country.

- Significantly lower heat/humidity (moved here from Atlanta and originally from SC).

- Low cost of living and cheap, hilly land

- There is a Fortune 500 chemical company here that hires machinists

- Gun friendly culture. I see Glock stickers, etc., everywhere.

I'd be happy to tell you more
>>
>>30597782
>The Delta is a shooters paradise with miles upon miles of flatland fields that a farmer could be coerced into letting you shoot on his property after the harvest or even pest control for the wild hogs.

There's not much in the way of jobs or money in the Delta.

>I lived in Tupelo for most of my life and it's not terrible.

North MS is great.
>>
>>30597878
>prevents you from sweating.
Oh, no, you still sweat like a motherfucker. I was working outside this last weekend replacing facia board on my house. 90+ degrees, 65+% humidity. If I stood in one place for more than 30 seconds, I leave a swimming pool behind. And, no, I am not a ham planet. No, the thing is the sweat doesn't evaporate. So all you get is soaking wet with none of the cooling of the evaporating sweat, making it feel even more muggy and "close". It can get pretty fucking miserable.

>>30597865
>jobs up that way for Machining
I do a lot of side work in welding and forging (four or five hand forged wrought iron railing jobs per year and other miscellaneous stuff). I do it year round. Let me tell you man, you put those leathers on in a non-air conditioned shop for welding and you better set a timer to remind yourself to stop, take the leathers off for 5 minutes and drink a half gallon of water. Every 30 minutes. Then you have to keep multiple pairs of welding gloves around because once they're completely soaked through with sweat you can start getting periodically zapped through the ground path on your Mig/Tig welder if you're not careful. Shit is not fun in the summer.

Winter work is glorious, though.
>>
>>30597946
Hell, tell ME more, I live in SC and was looking for somewhere to move.
>>
>>30597965

Dri-Fit undershirts, socks and underwear should be standard practice in the South. It's too hot to wear much else besides athletic gear.
>>
>>30597950
Yeah that's the downside of the Delta. It's the "old south" part of MS.

North MS has plenty of job opportunities. They also have a nice gun club in Guntown. Some other small ranges around the Golden Triangle but they're pretty small.
>>
>>30597998

Idk, I moved here for a job after graduation and just like the area. I live in Johnson City. The biggest downside is that it's not close to any big cities (with Knoxville coming in at 2h and Charlotte at 3), but on /k/ this might even be considered a plus.

Really good hiking and outdoor stuff, including two fairly large lakes in the area. You've got part of the AT on the TN/NC border, and a bunch of nice mountains at 6000'+ to summit.

I'm from the hot south so I hate bitterly cold winters, but I gotta say that I like the slightly more moderate climate, and like to get that 4-5 inches of snow every so often. Humidity is definitely lower. Haven't been here in autumn yet but I'm sure it'll be beautiful.

JC itself is cool since it's a college town, and there's actually some decent ..talent in the area. There's good food and beer (plus there's Asheville only one hour away for that kind of stuff too).

Cost of living is overall pretty low - too lazy to look up statistics, but if you're really curious about that, do some research. No state income tax too, but there is a state tax on capital gains.

Anyway, I'm rambling pretty hard right now -- just thinking of things as they come to mind so there's not much formatting going on, but hopefully this tells you a little about the area. glad to answer any questions, although it might not be until 3+ hours from now.
>>
File: IMG_0858.jpg (3 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0858.jpg
3 MB, 3888x2592
FL, here.

Still got triple digit heat, tho.
>>
>>30597600
There's nothing to explain.

Florida is a nice place to visit, in the nice places of Florida. Other than that Fuck Florida
>>
>>30597946
Seconding East TN. Hills, woods, lakes and beauty abound. Super gun friendly state. Cleo is required by law to sign your paperwork for an nfa item within a couple weeks if they can't find a legal reason to deny you. Knoxville is a growing city/suburban sprawl. It's kind of a boring town but decent economy with a little of everything present.

Let's see what else...
>Great Smokey Mountains National Park
>Hickok45 here...
>land outside knox county is cheap.
>no state income tax
>>
>>30597600
Fishing, one of the most based states for guns laws. Can OC everywhere it actually matters unlike what spergs in other states try to do with their protests, good fishing, blacks and mexicans can be tolerable depending on where you go. Also we're voting on getting that dank kush
>>
>>30598067
>Dri-Fit undershirts, socks and underwear
You go and weld in a dri-fit shirt, you're going to find it melted to your torso in several places inside 15 minutes.

There are times when I just wear a cotton shirt and welding jacket sleeves for work, but most of the time you need at least the apron too. Also, anyone who wears shorts and sneakers in a welding/forge shop deserves the burns, cuts, etc they'll pick up. Drop hot iron on your foot and watch it melt your sneaker to your foot. No fucking bueno.
>>
>>30598147

Duh, it's Florida.

It's ironic because fruit in Florida is quite vulnerable to the cold. And it can get cold in Florida enough to damage its crops.

(I grow raspberries in South Carolina, so the winter doesn't even remotely faze them).
>>
File: rps20160712_180959.jpg (77 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
rps20160712_180959.jpg
77 KB, 720x1280
>>30597946
>>30597998
I also live in East TN and can vouch for it. Mountains are superior to any other biome in the states. Fuck the beach. Lots of woods to oper8 in, very positive gun culture, very low amount of minorities, cheap living expenses, many big name companies like TVA, ALCOA, Berretta, and Barret all make their home in this state. Lived here for all 26 years of my life, and my father before me as well, who is 60 rn. Never had any desire to move. The weather does get kinda hot in the Summer (Pushing the lower 90s very frequently these past few weeks) but not nearly as bad as the rest of the South in the other seasons. One cool thing about mountains is that you can sometimes see over a thunderstorm if you're in the right position. It's cool as fuck. Picture of pupper because I don't have any cool wilderness pics of TN
>>
>>30598162
>Can OC everywhere it actually matters unlike what spergs in other states try to do with their protests
Except the only OC in Florida is while you are hunting or fishing.
>>
>>30598147
>Florida
>no extendos
Doubtful
>>
>>30597843
South Louisiana here
>93f
>77% humidity
>been raining 2-3 times a week for months
>9 days in a row last month

I miss living out west
>>
>>30597816
Texas isn't in "the south" faggot.
>>
>>30598227
>dat pic
I sympathize. Grew up in Savannah. It's almost scarier when they're fucking gnats, and you can barely see them, and constantly run through clouds of them at football and soccer practice, swallowing or breathing in dozens of them every fucking evening.

Still, fuck mosquitoes. We had those fuckers too.
>>
File: GA-large.gif (160 KB, 600x655) Image search: [Google]
GA-large.gif
160 KB, 600x655
>>30597535
If you plan on moving to Ga, stay out of the darkened circle.
>>
>>30598685
fuck off /pol/. North, northeast, east and northwest Atlanta is just fine, as are parts of west Atlanta.
>>
>>30598755
Supposed to be a blm protest in hiram today, i should be able to hear the gunshots from my house
>>
>>30598685
>not staying the fuck outside of Athens-Clarke county
It's like you want him to get buttfucked by SJWs, drunken frat assholes and the denizens of the Iron Triangle.
>>
>>30598815
notice where I said PARTS of west Atlanta?
>>
Northerner here, trying to flee the people's republic of Illinois. I had a blast in Nashville when I went on a trip there this past May. It seemed like a young area with a lot of building development going on. Are there big issues with the nashville area that I'm missing? Are there any bad areas to avoid? I got a little lost and ended up in a shady part of town when I was down there and was glad I carried my P01 with me, most of the area seemed super fun besides that.
>>
>>30597718
>Forsyth county is a nice place too, I hear.

Isn't their population growth rate a straight line up though? Might not be quite as nice given a few years.
>>
>>30597718
>Forsyth county is a nice place too, I hear.
Shut your fucking mouth! We're full.
>>
>>30597925
It's hard enough finding other ppl from AL on here period, let alone in the same place it seems
>>
>>30598755
Still a buttfuck of traffic and inflated living costs though. I'm moving out of Atlanta at the first chance I get.
>>
Don't bother coming to SC; the humidity will boil your ass alive when you walk outside.
>>
>>30597535

come to savannah area, work at daniel defense as a machinist.

problem solved.
>>
>>30598619

That's ironic, considering just where Texas is in relation to the rest of the country geographically.

You couldn't BE more Southern, lol.

Look where you are Texas. You're not just in the South, you ARE the absolute South geographically lol.

Gotcha.
>>
>>30597946
Machinists you say? Got any resources on this? I'm looking for a different work and different scenery.

>Cleveland Ohio here
>>
>>30598219
Also on your way to, from, and during shooting events, and while camping. Where else do you OC and have it make sense?
>>
>>30597822
Most of the new machinist jobs moved to the mountains though. I'm trying to leave Wilmington but the coastal cities tend to be nice. A new ammo factory just opened in carolina beach called Source ammo.
>>
>>30597946
Just spent a week there and it's tempting. I'd be more inclined to go there if the tnready clusterfuck didn't just put me out of a job.
>>
>>30599087
TN is a nice place that does a lot of fucky political moves that cause broad harm. Lived there as a teen, visit occasionally, no desire to move back.
>>
File: it was just a joke.webm (902 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
it was just a joke.webm
902 KB, 640x480
>>30597535
SE GA here.

The gun culture is pretty good. There's a decent mix of fudds, tacticool shitters, niggers with problem solvers and normal gun owners.

Only downside to GA is that you need a weapon license to open carry as well as concealed carry. It's also not guaranteed in the state constitution.

Crime, like most places, is dependent on where you live. I won't bullshit you though, it has been on the rise steadily, with a spike in homicides recently.

Plenty of cheap land if you go out a little from Savannah.

I'm not really sure what machinists do, but Savannah is a pretty big logistics hub thanks to the port. You could probably find work around that area.

The humidity is off the charts man. I guarantee you'll miss the dry heat after having swamp ass any time you go outside.
>>
>>30599132
Who invited the ATF to the SWAT shooting?
>>
>>30599141
Where ever there is dog, so must I go.
>>
>>30597535
>avoiding triple digit heat
>staying in the south
Pick one anon.

I live in Virginia and we hit 100+ just fine then we have 80% humidity and it's 115+ with heat index.
>>
Looking for a gun or pawn shop that has a Nagant revolver.

In Tampa area or along I 75 between Tampa and Atlanta.
>>
>>30599132

Shot their own dog...Dear taxpayer, that will be $10k for a new one...we broke the old one.
>>
>>30597600
Florida is the fucking bomb man. You can hunt, fish, and carry everywhere. Great places to operate, from marshland and swamps to thick forest. Great people (theres the KKK if you're into that, or you can just be normal since there isn't a lot of race tension) and great food (mexican, italian, chinese, and creole out the ass) too. Florida is where it's at
>>
>>30598959
Savannah was actually on the list.

My desire to know more is intensifying
>>
>>30599487
It's beautiful, there's a ton of watersports related shit to do out on the various intercostal waterways, winter, fall and spring are all nice, Tybee is 35 minutes from most of the city, all the historical shit around town is awesome and SCAD provides enough new cultural turnover to keep the music and art scenes interesting.

On the downside, you've got mosquitoes and gnats, fucking old people EVERYWHERE, downtown and midtown can be a little culturally enriched in areas, the squares can make getting across downtown a chore depending on where you need to commute and for those three weeks of summer when it's 112 degrees and 80% humidity, you really need to just be out at Tybee in the water all day or kill yourself.
>>
I like to believe that Arkansas is a good place gun law wise
>>
>>30598122
Wait, you mean Charlotte and Asheville as in NC? Is it that close?
>>
>>30599536

>it's beautiful

in the rich white people areas

>ton of watersports shit to do

if you're white and rich

>culturally enriched

i.e. social justice warrior scad kiddies and tourists every fucking where, not to mention niggers

>tybee

the armpit of the coast

don't get me wrong, Savannah is good, but far from great.
>>
>>30597535
I would recommend West Virginia if it wasn't a hellhole of poverty ever since Obama buttfucked the coal industry into oblivion.
>>
>>30597925
Madisonfag here.
>>
>>30597535
Jebuzfuck

what a retardedmap
>>
KY bro here
It's a poorer version of Virginia, minus blacks.
Lots of drugs in these hills, lots of white trash to shoot at.
>>
>>30601115
Dont forget about all the fucking klan running around. Fuck Kentucky.
>>
>>30597782
Hey bro, you know anything about Oxford? I'm moving there at the end of this month, actually. Going to Ole Miss for law school.

I expect to be busy as fuck studying most of the time, but I'd love to hunt and shoot while I'm out there. Is Mississippi big on this?

Also what's the deal with CC permits? Do you really need to be a resident for an entire year before you can get a permit? And if so, does this apply to constitutional carry?
>>
>>30597535
West Virginia are Yankee fucking traitors they are not southern.
>>
File: . . ..jpg (21 KB, 301x214) Image search: [Google]
. . ..jpg
21 KB, 301x214
>>30598974
Are you just fucking around or are you actually THIS fucking retarded?
>>
>>30597782
Man, what the hell is going on in Jackson? I just want them to work on the roads more (pot holes and sinkholes everywhere) and do something about their education system. That's all I want, but I know that's not what I'll get.

But other than that, yeah, Mississippi is nice in some places. From what I've heard, it's easier to buy a lot of land than other places, tons of people stay to themselves (where I live at) and are friendly too. We just got a CC law passed that allows you to bring a gun inside a church (not like that stopped anyone), so there's that.

The humidity fucking sucks and you're gonna have to make your own fun cause this place gets boring as shit real quick.
>>
>>30601880
How's Oxford?
>>
File: 1466796401201.png (315 KB, 423x384) Image search: [Google]
1466796401201.png
315 KB, 423x384
>>30601899
Sorry senpai, I don't live anywhere close to Oxford. I have visited, but only around the Ole Miss area cause I was checking the school out. It's pretty nice from what I remember, there were a lot more white people too.

I was given the impression that Oxford was more of a college town than anything else, and with how big Ole Miss is, I believe it.
>>
>>30598685
>tfw live inside the circle
>tfw live on the south side
My ancestors lived here and I'll be damned if I move. I don't understand why black people want to live in the setting of Gone with the Wind though.
>>
>>30602045
Gotcha. I'm actually moving out to Oxford at the end of this month to attend law school at Ole Miss.

Are you familiar with how the constitutional carry laws work? I was reading a concealed carry permit application and it said that I needed to be a resident for at least a year before I could get one. Do you know if this also applies for the state constitutional carry? I can't find any information anywhere on the subject, and I don't want to get fucked for making a mistake made due to insufficient evidence being available to make an accurate determination of the law.

I come from a land full of gun grabbers, so I'm extremely excited to finally have fucking rights that I can exercise. And want to live somewhere in which people fucking hunt, camp/backpack, and shoot. It's hard as fuck to find people like in Commiefornia (that don't leave this shithole like I am about to, anyway)
>>
>>30598889

I just moved to Nashville two months ago so I'm not an expert, but everywhere other than Antioch and Germantown are good from what I've heard. I live out in Hermitage and I really like the area.
>>
>>30597535

West Virginia or North Carolina, no idea about the others.

Avoid Virginia though. Here in Southern Virginia we're pretty alright but Richmond and anything near it is slowly turning this state into a liberal hell hole.
>>
>>30602366
How long does law school usually last? 2-3years? Let's see...

Page five of
>http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/mississippi.pdf
and
>http://www.dps.state.ms.us/firearms/firearms-permit-unit/firearms-permits-faqs/
says
>MISSISSIPPI DOES NOT HAVE NON-RESIDENT PERMITS. Mississippi Law 45-9-101 (2) (a) states “The Department of Public Safety shall issue a license if the applicant: is a resident of the state and has been a resident for twelve (12) months or longer immediately preceding the filing of the application”.

But you're going to law school so you should be over 21 (unless you're a genius) so you could probably get the residency requirement waived. Unfortunately, you come from Commiefornia and Mississippi doesn't honor licenses from there. I don't see much more. Hopefully some of these other fat motherfuckers could help out if they're not too busy eating mayonnaise out the jar.
>>
>>30602729
3 years of law school.

And my intention would be to get a Mississippi DL and establish my residency because I have zero intention of returning to Commiefornistan. So perhaps they'll be less shitty and waive the 1 year residency requirement. I guess I'll ask the local sheriff what the deal is when I arrive and after I get my new DL.
>>
>>30602729
>>30602798
But worst case scenario, I'll just apply for an Arizona non-resident permit or something that has non-residency reciprocity in Mississippi.
>>
I'm still gonna call myself southern even though I'm in Texas. Any from Brunswick GA here? I grew up there. Every few years when I visit I go back to ky old house and have tons of flashbacks. It's nice.
>>
>>30597538
It's cold this time of year, bring a coat
>>
>>30597782
>>30597950
>>30598082
>>30601880
>>30602366
>All these Mississippifags on /k/
Makes me proud.

>>30597782
>Mississippi is nice in places.
It might help to give OP the names of counties. You can live in a rural county area and commute to a job in a large population center. I know people who commute a hour everyday into Jackson.
>>
>>30597538
You don't allow OC and even use brandishing laws against those who print or accidentally show.

Then bullshit classes for CC.

Then floaters.

>>30597535
Alabama.

Constitutional OC.
"Truck Gun" legal.
CC is easy and shall issue.
>>
>>30598974
>this nigger doesn't know that hawaii is the most southern country geographically
>>
>>30601146
>>30601115
what part of ky?
south central here, i've never seen any klansmen around here.
>>
>>30597822
>Find you somewhere near Boone to live
i second this
>>
File: TN Gun Laws.png (42 KB, 748x751) Image search: [Google]
TN Gun Laws.png
42 KB, 748x751
Tennessee has:

>Lots of cheap land in the center and eastern half of the state
>People are almost all incredibly friendly if you avoid large cities like Memphis and Nashville
>A fairly developed sport shooting community
>Actual shit to do
>No income tax, but a high sales tax (9.25-9.75% depending on area)
>Alright infrastructure, considering
>Beautiful and varied geography
>https://www.tn.gov/twra/article/hunting-equipment-methods
>Pic related
>Sweet tea
>>
File: 1458134074675.jpg (54 KB, 541x548) Image search: [Google]
1458134074675.jpg
54 KB, 541x548
>>30604437
>You can hunt bears with silenced semi-automatic weapons with large-capacity magazines
>>
File: 1463761574657.jpg (103 KB, 1711x893) Image search: [Google]
1463761574657.jpg
103 KB, 1711x893
>>30600789
Effinghamfag
I agree, sav is cool, but it gets old fast.
It's cool to go every once in a while.
>>
>>30598974
>What is Hawaii
>What is - technically - Puerto Rico
>>
>>30604437
>10 cent ammo tax
lol
literally just a worse kentucky tbqh
>>
>>30603618
OC is allowed at basically anytime you would do it, hunting, camping, fishing, to, from, and during shooting events. And find me a time where the brandishing thing ever happened, it's only ever been a myth as far as I've seen
>>
>>30597535
Louisiana here, here's what's up in the Southeast region:

>gun culture
Wildly varies, it's 50/50 fudd and tactifag. You might see an average gun owner or collector but it's rare. It's either a fudd with his trusty bolt gun or a kid new to guns with a tacpco SKS or fagpul AR.

>gun laws
Really chillax, open carry is available right off the get go and the CCL is eh. It's not the best CCL applicaiton but it's not the worst. When I went to college we were also allowed to keep firearms stored in our cars on campus. No carry allowed on campus though, which made no sense.

>probability of crime
Avoid BR, NOLA, the North Shore, and Livingston parish really. Anywhere that has poor whites and blacks has high chances of crime. BR has gotten worse and the traffic there sucks chode. NOLA is hip and cool and all but the darkies really put a damper on the fun with their crime shennagians, and that 65% black population ain't helping that citys cause.

>cheap land for which to shoot on
Most of the cheap land to shoot on and own is up north near Shreveport or Alexandria. Majority of the shit down here is already owned by farmers or private enterprises. You're best off shooting at Honey Island and risk getting snatched by the swamp monster.

>availability of jobs and manufacturing type industries
BR has a few jobs if I recall and we have BAE systems in Slidell who does DoD shit. I've seen guys get good jobs at some other businesses but BR and Slidell are ones that stand out in my memory.

Side note, you're moving from dry heat to wet heat. Also our bugs will eat you alive.
>>
>>30604587
>t. West Kentuckian mad that TN has better representation of Appalachia
>>
>>30604618
>TN has better representation of Appalachia
virginia is literally appalachia. deal with it.
>>
File: 1458154803068.jpg (351 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1458154803068.jpg
351 KB, 1200x900
>>30604624
>Virginia
>Not West Virginia
>Which is entirely contained within what's officially recognized as Appalachia

Not even half your state is considered Appalachian.
>>
File: kek.jpg (31 KB, 435x359) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
31 KB, 435x359
>>30604613
>and the traffic there sucks chode
you aint never lied.

>You're best off shooting at Honey Island
sucks to be you, i go to a gun club with a 600 yard range in SWLA (LC)
>>
File: va1.png (1 MB, 1373x636) Image search: [Google]
va1.png
1 MB, 1373x636
>>30604632
>Not even half your state is considered Appalachian.

I'm not even from VA but i'm not an idiot either. west ky has no real appalachy presence and only east TN is (aka southwestern VA)
>>
File: appalachia.png (56 KB, 570x585) Image search: [Google]
appalachia.png
56 KB, 570x585
>>30604668
>I'm not from here
>I'm no expert

Then listen to the people who are.
>>
>>30604676
>he thinks just because i don't live there my entire family isn't from there

well you definitely have the low iq trait a lot of white trash in the hills have... so i can't dispute that.
>>
>>30598162
The Nigger part is fine unless you go to downtown Jacksonville. NEVER go to Downtown Jacksonville. I grew up in the suburbs and they are decent, but for the love of god DO NOT go downtown. It is like diet Chicago minus all the riots and a lot less people.
>>
File: m.jpg (38 KB, 430x300) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
38 KB, 430x300
>>30604688
>Don't say something
>"Well here's something you didn't know and shouldn't know so you're dumb :^)"
>>
>>30604695
>tfw Jupiterfag and can hangout with Mexicans and negros at the inlet who are actually bro tier as fuck and good fisherman
>>
File: Heart of Appalachia.png (48 KB, 1008x612) Image search: [Google]
Heart of Appalachia.png
48 KB, 1008x612
>>30604699
You're a special kind of stupid aint you?

Care to take a guess what this region is called?

Hint it's the filename.
>>
>>30600831
West Virginia has always been a hellhole of poverty, what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>30601464
Different Anon, but still mississippian, have been to oxford several times. Ole Miss territory is literally amazing, nice architecture, old antebellum homes EVERYWHERE. Good mix of forest/city. The people there are why MS has a hospitality reputation.

>hunt/shoot
>is Mississippi big on this
Holy shit anon, if there's one thing sippifags do the most, it's hunting. Shooting mostly gets done on private property since everyone and their fucking brother owns a deer camp or has a range built in. But damn, do we hunt. It's weirder for you to not have shot a gun by 15 than to have.

Stay away from Jackson though. The closest you should come is Richland/Madison, because there's some pretty "cool" stuff in those cities.

Oxford life revolves around Ole Miss, weekend traffic on a gameday is arguably worse than commuting in Atlanta. Bars are always filled with topgrade southern sloots and you're stereotypical chads.

CC is kinda weird. I'd say 30% of any MS cops will ask a white person for their permit. So I'd advise just carrying it anyways until you get it, unless you care. But yeah I think it's a year.
>>
File: RIP AND TEARE.gif (73 KB, 282x243) Image search: [Google]
RIP AND TEARE.gif
73 KB, 282x243
>>30597535
>tfw no Daytona
>>
>>30597535
Alabama anon reporting in.

Not much happens here.
>>
>>30601115
Kentucky is basically a poorer, but less cucked version of Virginia
>>
>>30604618
>being proud of representing Appalachia
>>
File: Doctor Livingston.jpg (75 KB, 473x473) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Livingston.jpg
75 KB, 473x473
Sterling VA here

Can see the mountains near IAD

When Sterling ark was created in 1963 it was a restricted community, no Jews or Blacks

Now its a Mexican hell hole with very few humans around

Pic Related on whats its like in NoVA
>>
File: SW H1.jpg (222 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
SW H1.jpg
222 KB, 1024x768
>>30604668
great knife shop in Blacksburg VA

http://newgraham.com/
>>
>>30604857
NWFL here, we're basically Alabama with better tax law.
>>
File: Capture.png (425 KB, 403x416) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
425 KB, 403x416
>>30604552
Effinghan has the best soccatash ever

http://margaretholmes.com/
>>
>>30605049
nice, if i'm ever in the area i'll have to visit it
>>
File: Bear Stab.jpg (206 KB, 600x760) Image search: [Google]
Bear Stab.jpg
206 KB, 600x760
>>30604468
yeah, but real southerners do it like this
>>
>>30597535
Alabama
Shall issues ccw license, cheap too.
Constitutional open carry if you want to, no license needed.
Lots of forest and land to buy for house building and shooting on.
Most everyone is open at about guns and supports gun rights.
Very few knife laws.
It's one of the best states for gun people.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
36 KB, 480x360
>>30598934
kek
>>
>>30597925
Hampton Cove fag reporting in
>>
>>30605017
>Implying Appalachia is actually a bad place

If you have a decent job it's honestly one of the nicest places a /k/ommando might want to live. It's the lack of local jobs and education that kill it.
>>
File: 1454595842263.jpg (28 KB, 400x298) Image search: [Google]
1454595842263.jpg
28 KB, 400x298
>>30597535
Virginia
sick gun laws
beaches,mountains,rural area, big cities whatever
Richmond is sweet despite people saying its a liberal hell hole.. it's about half and half here.
I grew up in SE VA and have land there so shooting at a range isnt ideal but Colonial Shooting Academy is best range on the eastern seaboard plus other huge gun stores here like green top.
>>
>>30606309
Didn’t your state recently have a spastic fit where they tried to end CCW reciprocity with basically everyone?
>>
File: 1467695070556.jpg (100 KB, 558x600) Image search: [Google]
1467695070556.jpg
100 KB, 558x600
Richmond Va. Fag reporting
>>
>>30604580
Actually Key West has mile zero so Florida is the true south.
>>
>>30604759
Do you need to have the 1 year of residency in order to constitutionally carry in Mississippi? I intend to get my DL and shit right when I get in state so I can shred my Commiefornia DL and bask in a land of freedom while I simultaneously switch from a dry 100+ weather to humid as fuck 80-90 degree weather. That's pretty much the only part I'm not looking forward to, but I'll adapt eventually.

Man I am so fucking pumped to get out and hunt. Finding good, reliable hunting people (especially people in their mid-to-late 20's) out in Cuckifornia is nearly impossible.

Also, any good outdoor shooting ranges that venture out beyond 100 yards? Or is that still mostly just done on people's private land?

And finally, have you ever gone to/shopped at Mississippi Auto Arms? They get good reviews, but obviously someone with personal knowledge about the gun stores in the area would be nice.
>>
>>30604398
Eastern central I guess. A hour from Lexington.
>>
>>30606364
they tried and the NRA told our fag governor basically to kill himself
>>
>>30606633
Gotta give 200,000 felons the right to vote back at an incredibly strategic time so that the state can have an even higher chance of going blue in the general election.

Seriously, you guys gotta get rid of your governor. How such an anti-gun, freedom hating commie managed to worm his way into office as the governor mystifies me.
>>
>>30597946
Ayyy. Tri-cities bro?
>>
>>30597925
Cullman rah
>>
>>30597946
I love TN whenever I drove through the state. Awesome bbq and friendly people. Plus the smokey mountain knife workshop is a pretty cool place.

Do you still have to give the state your fingerprints when you buy a pistol?
>>
>>30599407
Currently live in PCB and as the youth would say "it's fuckin lit, yo"
>>
>>30601069
My best friend from ITB is from there and I'm from Biloxi. He's a shitbag.
>>
>>30601464
Go to Sardis to shoot. Joining a frat there guarantees endless pussy and plenty of bros to go shooting with (a good percentage of them are daddy's money so they'll have some nice guns to play with)
>>
File: 1464917834961.png (135 KB, 1015x737) Image search: [Google]
1464917834961.png
135 KB, 1015x737
>live in florida
>walk outside
>bird sized mosquitos swarming neighbor
>alligator is eating their dog
>giant invasive python eating that gator
>bigger gator eating the python
>snapping turtle amputates my other neighbor's arm
>another gator is eating their 2 year old
>get bitten by 2 cottonmouths and a pigmy rattlesnake at once
>try to run away
>call 911
>all paramedics have been eaten by gators
>die
>corpse eaten by turkey vultures
such is life in FL
>>
Leake county fag here in Mississippi central of the fucking state. AMA jobs low number of blacks and guns errywhere.
>>
>>30604637
Got lost in Honey Island Swamp on my way back from Hattiesburg one drunken night. Twas scary, I thought the boogie man was after me
>>
File: 1447686103403.jpg (347 KB, 571x540) Image search: [Google]
1447686103403.jpg
347 KB, 571x540
>>30606546
>and bask in a land of freedom while I simultaneously switch from a dry 100+ weather to humid as fuck 80-90 degree weather.
>switch from a dry 100+ weather to humid as fuck 80-90 degree weather.
>humid as fuck 80-90 degree weather
>80-90 degree

Anon I have some bad news for you. We run triple digits in the summer. And as for your love of humidity, well......bring a snorkel.

No joke, I've heard friends from different parts of the South remark that Mississippians have to be half-catfish to breathe here.
>>
Welcome to South Carolina, now git.
>>
File: chattanooga.jpg (2 MB, 1600x980) Image search: [Google]
chattanooga.jpg
2 MB, 1600x980
>>30597946
As somebody who lives in West TN, listen to this anon.
East TN is beautiful, lots of mountains and nice scenery.
Very few dindus compared to West TN.
Plan on moving over there when I'm able to.
>>
>>30597822
How you know about Boone? I lived there throughout high school and college.

Based VA now, NC is a shithole when it comes to the political climate.
>>
>>30608439
Anon know about boone??? I went to app state wooo I loved Boone, still do but live about 3 hours away.
>>
File: Louisiana-State-Seal.gif (49 KB, 296x294) Image search: [Google]
Louisiana-State-Seal.gif
49 KB, 296x294
>>30607234
i never been, when i visit NO i just go to shooters in harahan or nick's in garyville. i have heard it's a treacherous journey to get to the actual range at honey island though, due to flooding and shit. also you have to have a goddamn fishing permit to even go there or something?
>>
>>30608439
>NC is a shithole when it comes to the political climate
What? I live in Charlotte which admittedly sucks but 99% of NC is great politically (other than the Sheriffs shutting down the PPP repeal every year)
>>
>>30605034

before long they're gonna be gentrified out by federal workers
>>
>>30600195

Absolutely. Check it out on google maps.
>>
>>30606678

Yeah buddy! Just moved here but I love it.
>>
>>30598994

Can't tell you if they're hiring, just that they definitely *employ* all kinds of trades (welding, machine shop workers, E&I guys, etc.).

Look up Eastman Chemical.
>>
>>30597925
Eating at the 5guys on university right now nigga
>>
>>30597822
West NC best NC
>>
Come on down to Georgia! In between being from Dunwoody, then living in Statesboro. Also currently have a place in downtown Atlanta and on lake jackson. May I say avoid Atlanta at all cost. Go for the Savannah area. So much cheap land. Also if your a machinist, daniel defense is near by. Just whatever you do stay out of the dark zones :Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, and macon. If you stay out of all those cities and their metro areas it is the most gun friendly state. You can open carry everywhere and no one will look twice. I would say savannah is pretty gun friendly as long as you don't bump into a SJW SCAD student.
>>
File: 313952.jpg (720 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
313952.jpg
720 KB, 1920x1080
>>30598685
mfw i live inside the wire
>>
>>30604720
its a wasteland bro , but hell the real estate is cheap af
>>
>>30604398
>what part of ky?
North central. I must have met 20-25 different klanners when I was living in Cincinnati and working all over northern KY, and those were only the ones I got to know well enough that they'd just drop that shit in a conversation like they were expecting me to give a secret handshake or something. I'm not just talking low-income white trash, either. One was a small business owner, another one of the larger new-build GCs in the area and yet another was joking about how he'd find ways to kick back "nigger" loan applications at the bank branch he was managing.

Didn't run across a single one in southern Ohio or Indiana. Don't know what it is about Kentucky.
>>
>>30611438
>SJW SCAD student.
Most of the folks that regularly come out to my farm to shoot are SCAD students. I think you'd be surprised how many of them get down to Savannah from up north/out west and get into hunting or just shooting. There are definitely a few SJWs running around, but don't mistake an artist with an anti-war or even liberal artistic theme as an automatic SJW. Whole lot of those folks come out and shoot and then get fucked up on moonshine.
>>
>>30599369
He was mentally retarded and armed with a sandal. They let him bleed out while the dog was attended to.
>>
>>30597535
>I think I'm finally done with this triple digit heat.
>posts states that reach triple digits each and every year.
Just move to NWFL. Fresh waves of hot promiscuous freshly legal each and every summer, and its better than the dead heat you get in the other shithole states you posted.

But if you bringing lubrul ideas and bitchboy baggage, stay the fuck whereever you are.
>>
I'm in Indianapolis but looking to head south. We're thinking of Kentucky or Tennessee but haven't looked into in depth yet. I'll be monitoring this thread closely.
>>
>>30612160
Seconding this. The handful of times I've carried downtown I've gotten more dirty looks and whispers from shithead tourists.

While I'm sure some of the SCAD folks are off the deep end, most of them seem ok.
>>
>>30607187
Joined a fraternity as an undergrad, so no joining a different fraternity/also my fraternity (sadly) has no active chapter at Ole Miss. Otherwise solid advice.

Tell me about Sardis though.
>>
>>30607239
There's no love for the humidity, that's pretty much the only downside of going to Ole Miss that I can see. And I got the 80-90 degrees based on monthly averages during summer months from the past few years in Oxford, so not saying you guys don't get the triple degrees, I just based off of monthly averages.

But oh well, I'll adapt. It's worth it.
>>
>>30604668
Nova might as well be Murrlan for how much faggotry goes on there.
>>
>>30612427
>pretty much the only downside of going to Ole Miss that I can see.
Well, that and all those sanctions about to facefuck your football program with a gangrenous dick.
>>
File: 1468451157733s.jpg (8 KB, 240x250) Image search: [Google]
1468451157733s.jpg
8 KB, 240x250
>>30612273

>NWFL

>implying you shouldn't prefer NEFL
>>
>>30612461
It's like he enjoys turning normal, well adjusted people into jorts-wearing mongoloids.
>>
>>30612427
>And I got the 80-90 degrees based on monthly averages during summer months
LIBERAL LIES

No but seriously, Mississippi is a great palce to live if you love guns and even Ole Miss' law school is top tier. Harvard of the South.

>>30612457
>tfw Texas/Big 12 fan
Feels good man. The SEC won't last in the playoffs era anyways.
>>
>>30612488
>The SEC won't last in the playoffs era anyways.
Funny. That's what they said every year during the BCS. Only time will tell. But I don't need time to tell me Smart is gonna drag my dawgs to the CFP within the next three years if he has to pull the buses all the way there himself.
>>
>>30612478

>jorts-wearing mongoloids

We're still pretty segregated, so they can be easily avoided
>>
>>30612488
>Feels good man
What about Texas ball could possibly have you feeling good right now? I mean, I sympathize, but why?

t. USC alum
>>
File: Jorts.jpg (32 KB, 411x351) Image search: [Google]
Jorts.jpg
32 KB, 411x351
>>30612591
>We're still pretty segregated, so they can be easily avoided
I don't think he was talking about black people in NW FL, anon. I think he was talking about pic related.
>>
>>30597535
GA has been getting pretty damn near close to triple digits with 90ish humidity. don't move here.
>>
>>30612457
>sanctions
This saddens me, because my undergrad school had no real sports or school spirit. But I'm sure that there will still be plenty of it here despite sanctions. Which i'm excited to see.

>>30612488
Yeah, I love guns, hunting, camping, backpacking, etc. And I hear that the women are quite hospitable. And if that means that they also wear even less clothing due to the heat, then so much the better in my mind.

Guns, great school, great women, great food? Sign my ass up.
>>
>>30612674
>But I'm sure that there will still be plenty of it here despite sanctions. Which i'm excited to see.
Don't skip out on it, man. The Grove is an awesome sight on saturday mornings, and this is coming from a Dawg fan. Go early in the morning and pace yourself.
>>
>>30612704
I intend to enjoy my time there as much as I possibly can, don't you worry.
>>
File: grove2pic.jpg (67 KB, 600x225) Image search: [Google]
grove2pic.jpg
67 KB, 600x225
>>30612780
Have fun, bring rubbers.
>>
>>30612553
>Funny. That's what they said every year during the BCS. Only time will tell.
The SEC ran the BCS. Completely. From the ground up it was engineered to produce a SEC champion team almost every season. Playoffs will eventually dismantle them, along with more conferences getting conference championship games.

>>30612603
Long game man. Long game. The glory days of Mack Brown aren't that long past and the future with Strong looks pretty good.

>>30612704
Starkville sucks. Just saying bro.
>>
>>30613380
>Starkville sucks. Just saying bro.
You do realize that's Miss St, right, not Ole Miss? The Grove is also an Oxford/Ole Miss thing. Do you even actually college football?
>>
>>30613380
>>30613509
kek. Oh, he thought I was a Miss St fan, not a Georgia fan. Right. Nevermind.
>>
>>30613509
>>30613520
You all look alike anyway.
>>
>>30613558
Right, except for the .649 all time program record (vs .491), better all time bowl record, actually having national titles, having 14 conference titles (instead of just 1), 2 Heisman winners and 24 consensus all-americans (vs no Heisman and only 2 all-americans), and actually having a pretty awesome college/music town. Sure. We look alike.
>>
>>30613558
>>30613634
Oh boy. Shots fired.

Y'all realize Miss St. has a .261 record all time against UGA, right? Leave it to a Hotty Totty jackass to incite a "teabag State" party and then get another team to do the dirty work.
>>
>>30597535
>moving from Based Arizona
Trade me spots?
t. Ohiobro
>>
>>30597826
Have fun with the >70% humidity everyday, 365. SE born and raised and I'm still not used to this sauna.
>>
>>30598974
Florida Keys are farther south ya anus.
>>
>>30613634
le butthurt Gawgia fan

>>30613703
>Hotty Totty jackass
Close, but no cigar. I'm a fan of Texas and Southern Miss. I have enough grief wth my own teams.
>>
>>30613838
>fan of Texas
Explains a lot.
>>
>>30602677
i think ever virginianer outside of richmond and va beach can agree those cities need to burn in nuclear hellfire
>>
Virginia.
We need more conservatives.
And don't listen to all the WV faggots trying to tell you to move over there.
It's literally the hills have eyes up there, a bunch of inbred rednecks who haven't advanced past 1910 technology.
>>
>>30612391
Sardis is in the middle of BFE. Everyone goes there to shoot and mud and get fucked up. Ole Miss has a really bad drug problem btw
>>
>>30612885
OHHHH HOTTY TODDY GOSH ALMIGHTY, WHO THE HELL ARE WE, HEY! FLIM FLAM BIM BAM OLE MISS BY DAMN!
>>
>>30613509
The Cotton District is easily 10x better than The Grove. Sorry
>>
Kentuckybro checking in and vouching for Lexington. Can confirm Lexington is not that bad. Maybe a little liberal by most tastes, but I came from LA area of Ca, and it was a pretty good transition.

Became a CC instructor out here because the program is honeslty very good. Teaches real world stuff that will get you thrown in jail. Doesn't pull punches. Ky has a Concealed Carry Deadly Weapon permit, which allows you to carry basically any weapon banned from conceal carry, instead of just pistols. So where other states ban concealed carry of guns, some knives, ninja stuff, clubs/saps, etc, Kentucky bans them too, but if you get the permit, you are allowed to carry all the banned stuff. Wanna carry a Microtech OTF auto knife? Conceal nunchucks or ninja death stars (actually called that, check KRS 500.080(4))? Sure, why not?

OC is legal at the state level and gun rights are protected by a state preemption law which prevents localities from making laws that abridge anything firearm-related. Signs don't carry the weight of law, and the worst you can get if you get "made" carrying on private property where they don't want you to carry is asked to leave and a tresspassing charge if you don't. You can't even get charged for carrying while not actively carrying your permit. It's like a $5 fine. Ky is also considering constitutional carry while maintaining the permit process for official reciprocity with other states.

cont...
>>
>>30614371
Not sure about racism here in Lexington because this has been literally the only place I've lived where blacks smile warmly at you and hold the door for you at the gas station. There's still a share of trash, but trash is trash irrespective of color. From the way I've heard it described by folks in Louisville and my fellow /k/entuckians in this thread, it seems to be isolated to Lexington. Which is alright, I guess. I know that if you get outside Lexington things can go downhill pretty quickly, meth-wise, but that's most of appalachia anyways. Lots of boom and bust towns full of whites that didn't leave on the "bust" because uncle sugar was happy to pay for them to stay dirt poor. Ky has a bad welfare problem, and it's mostly white. But they're country folk and can probably fend for themselves if the EBT system goes down.

Gun culture out here is great. There are more bubbas and fudds than shooters, but it's not that bad. It's just weird to hear people talking about guns without getting HR called on them or fired. It's just normal here.

Lots of manufacturing jobs out here, Toyota is in a hiring bump right now because most of the folks that started when the factory opened 30 years ago are retiring. It's great work from what I hear, but a little menial. Not that they don't have jobs for more complicated stuff, there's just fewer.

Guess I can't speak for the rest of KY for much, but gun-wise it's awesome.
>>
File: IMG_1059.jpg (2 MB, 3500x2333) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1059.jpg
2 MB, 3500x2333
>>30598224
Only have one 30-round magazine for my Hi-Power and that was a lemon someone sold to me at a gunshow. Probably for a Beretta 92.

Not mine, but my brother's. Here's your "extendo".
>>
>>30614398
10/10 post. I've never lived in Lexington but I've been there many times since I live in between Berea and Richmond and this pretty accurately reflects what my experiences with Lexington and the state have been.

As far as the racism point goes, I do know redneck kids who I knew in high school who just hated all black people, but they were a minority even in redneck circles and were basically the socially retarded outcasts of the redneck circle. Most rednecks I know are like anyone else, and treat black people on a case by case basis just like they do other races. Also agree that black people seem to be just as friendly as white people here, with a minor exception on young black dudes. Most of them are still from the country and carry country values, some of the younger black generation has the prevalent thug culture though. Generally though, you can tell if a black guy here is a thug just like you can tell if a white dude is one. Race and all the cultural and racial issues with it are pretty simple here.

Just as much meth in appalachia here as there is in other parts. That said, you can tell which areas have a problem with it and which ones do not.

Also have an uncle who has been at the Toyota plant in Georgetown for at least a decade, he holds a fairly decent position there. They make you work a whole lot of hours, but the money is good and as long as you aren't a complete and total fuck up, you'll get hired. Job isn't that hard, pay and benefits are really nice. There are a lot of hours but it isn't 7 days a week like some places are here, Hitachi being the biggest offender. And if you can't get on at Toyota, guarantee you that Hitachi will take you. They don't turn away anyone really. That said, that job pays good money but it's a 7 day a week affair. Good short term but fucking everyone burns out long term, and if you don't burn out, they'll fuck you out of retirement if they get the opportunity.
>>
>>30597768
>tfw my friend caught pnemonia at Ft Sill in basic

He ended up getting chaptered out because he was a dumbass that didn't go to the doctor when he first got sick and ended up letting it get so bad he thought about killing himself. But he went to see the doctors and told them that bit, next thing he knows he's getting booted out.
>>
>>30598147
>Still got triple digit heat, tho
Oh fuck, I almost got heatsroke taking a walk down the road playing PoGo the other day. Had the worst headache all day, still not feeling all that great.
>>
File: 1395205618512.jpg (63 KB, 538x814) Image search: [Google]
1395205618512.jpg
63 KB, 538x814
Who /South Florida/ here?

561 reporting in
>>
>>30612429
nova is cancer
>>
>>30612107
>and yet another was joking about how he'd find ways to kick back "nigger" loan applications at the bank branch he was managing.

i am legit interested, what bank?
>>
>>30616705
239 bby
>>
>>30597946
>I live in East Tennessee. It's God's country.
...can i get an amen.
>>
>>30614398
>>30616432
>>30614371
Eastern Kentucky meet when?
>>
File: Creek AK.jpg (152 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Creek AK.jpg
152 KB, 720x960
Gulfport, Mississippi here

God-tier gun laws here.
>>
Central/NW Arkansas is pretty nice. Lived here for about 25 years.
>>
>>30604613
The north shore is great and has very little crime. I don't know what you are thinking of. It's the rich white area.
>>
>>30609763
It's a paved road and then gravel. Floods rarely and if your just using the range you don't need a permit anymore. Stupid RO's but not bad.
>>
>>30597535
Come to Smyrna, GA and work as a CNC operator in the Glock factory dude.
>>
Why not Utah, Northern Arizona, New Mexico, or southern idaho?
>>
>>30614398
ashland, ky represent.

not there anymore, thank god. there are no jobs in that state.
>>
File: image.jpg (945 KB, 2373x2772) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
945 KB, 2373x2772
South east Louisiana here. Great except for land.
Great gun culture, nearly everyone hunts. No bad gun laws at all. Can carry in car, etc. No constitutional CC though.

Low crime except for NOLA east.

Land isn't too bad but it won't be close to a job. Good thing is that as long as you own 5acres you can shoot as much as you want no matter where it is, even in city limits.

Ship building is fucking huge, and oil.

Plus the lake is right there which leads to Cyprus swamps and a ton of other outdoors activities including offshore fishing.
>>
>>30622977
low crime? every city in louisiana has high crime. ghettos everywhere. city ghettos, country ghettos
>>
>>30617498
nice try
>>
>>30623276
im not even trying, i want to know

if i was some prick trying to get someone in trouble how would i ever be able to tell who's the guy? i'm just wondering where so i can avoid it.
>>
>>30597925
South Parkway here, anon.
>>
I'm from Wisconsin and I want to move to the South for reasons.

Looking for
>good gun laws
>fun roads
>nice cops
>warm most of the year
>low crime
Anyplace like that?
>>
>>30597718
Stay the fuck out of athens. These cucks are libtards who are afraid of anything that goes bang.
>>
>>30623645
>These cucks are libtards who are afraid of anything that goes bang.
C'mon now. How many medium-sized cities give so few fucks that they'll give you a "rodent permit" to fire 410 (7 1/2 shot or smaller) or .22 shot shells within city limits on your property? And give you these on the spot for 10 bucks?

You can blow a squirrel out of your tree or a rat out of your basement with a .410 right on Washington street if that's where your property is.
>>
>>30622990
Not that I've ever noticed. I don't think I've ever locked my door.
>>
>West Virginia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4aiWXM9FFI
>>
>>30621661
>Gulfport

Admirals for life
>>
>>30597535
If you hate the heat here, you will grow to despise the heat there.
Lived in GA, and the only reason I did not hate it is because I was too young to know any better. I believe the mosquitoes are the sole reason the N refused to include the S in trade route formation.
>>
File: 1457913002899546.jpg (119 KB, 1634x1168) Image search: [Google]
1457913002899546.jpg
119 KB, 1634x1168
>>30597538
>moved to Naples from New Jersey
>95% white, 3% hispanic, 1% black (not Haitian)
>in Circle K picking up quick booze
>black, non hatian, is threatening the clerk to give him free lotto tickets
>mfw Haitian clerk asks basketball american what his life is worth with his hand under the counter
>>
>>30597822

Can definitely confirm stay away from charlotte and Gastonia after growing up in those places
>>
>>30597535
Lived in a medium sized city in Alabama for 22 years.
>gun culture
Guns are pretty common, no one is scared of guns like they are in Cali, NY, etc.
>gun laws
Open carry
>probability of crime
Population is about 50% black, but they stay mostly in their self-segregated ghettos. White neighborhoods are safe.
>Cheap land to shoot on
20 miles outside of the city you can get a comfy house and enough land to where your property is separated by woods from your neighbors
>availability of jobs and manufacturing
There's always construction, welding, etc.
>>
>>30597535
Really though, there is nowhere near the supply of cheap land in the south as there are in the southwest or midwest.
>>
>>30611258
Fuck east and south carolina
>>
East TN fag reporting here, I live about 20 minutes out of Chattanooga and overall its pretty great. Lots of outdoor stuff to do and there is a great shooting community here.
Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.