[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Century Galil's (Golani), are they shit? Are there any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
Century Galil's (Golani), are they shit?

Are there any guns century has put together that aren't shit?
>>
File: 1336416316470.gif (2 MB, 419x487) Image search: [Google]
1336416316470.gif
2 MB, 419x487
From what I know the Golanis don't have any major problems. Basically legitimate IWI parts kits on an Ohio Ordinance (?) receiver. Some other Century guns that are alright are the C93 (HK93 clone) and the C39 V2. Don't have any experience with their other guns. Apparently the TP9 is pretty good as well.
>>
>>
>>30595229
>IWI parts
>on an Ohio Ordinance receiver
so they're shit then?
>>
>>30595238
>Ohio Ordinance
>Shit
You're mistaking them for the Assualt Weapons of Ohio recievers. Then again, most of their problems have been fixed with their recent gen recievers but they still meed some checking on the measurements and fixing
>>
File: jewgungoespewpewpew.gif (318 KB, 952x674) Image search: [Google]
jewgungoespewpewpew.gif
318 KB, 952x674
>>30595238
I don't actually know what receivers they're built on. I just know they're US made, and I haven't heard any major disparities about them.
>>
>>30595253
>>30595253
one of those companies, not sure which, has gone out of business like five times and has consistently produced shit receivers that weren't the right size. They used to do FAL receivers too until someone sued one of the past iterations of the company and won.

So that being said, assuming it works, would $650 (closer to $700 after shipping) be a good price for one?
>>
>>30595294
>would $650 (closer to $700 after shipping) be a good price for one?
I guess. Question is, is it in 5.56 or in .308?
>>
>>30595346
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-05-27-12-31-47.png (817 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-05-27-12-31-47.png
817 KB, 540x960
I've got a GLNXXX golani and it'd pretty kickass, the dust cover it tight as fuck and requires a tactical piece of wood or mallet to get it back on no other complaints though. Not pictured is my scope mount that I haven't really tested, so I can't comment too much on it.
>>
>>30595772
Where did you get it? Private sale? I want one badly, but nobody carries them anymore. Did the parts kits Century was getting dry up? Pls answer. She's my second favorite raifu
>>
>>30595788
It's a pretty silly story, but my buddy got it and told me he had a .223 AK. When I told him it was a galil and not an AK he was PISSED. He called the guy that sold it to him and bitched a storm. So I told him I'd trade him my AK for it. I really don't know why he got so pissed, but I own a galil now so whatever.
>>
File: upotte___71_18__AK_.png (1 MB, 2120x3024) Image search: [Google]
upotte___71_18__AK_.png
1 MB, 2120x3024
>>30595805
Kek. I would personally be ecstatic if I got a Galil. She's so qt and may be my only option since G3 just got iced.
>>
>>30595820
It's a sweety. When I take new shooters to the range I usually bring a Mosin and the golani. I like a big gun to show them who's boss and a cool gun to keep them interested. I also recently got a suppressor and need to get an adapter and new muzzle brake for it. Pretty pumped.
>>
>>30595467
You're overpaying by $50 dollars compared to a CNC Warrior full size .223/5.56 Galil reciever. AWO has recievers around $249.
>>
>>30595069
You want a GLN serial prefix. Those are Caspian cast receivers which do not have the heat treatment problems the GAL reveivered golians have.
>>
Do Galils use the same FCG as AKs?
I have a torched Galil receiver and a ton of AK FCGs im looking to build something stupid from her remains.
>>
>>30595844
I'm not buying a receiver, I'm buying a complete rifle.
>>
>>30596030
Ah, then yeah, go for it. It's around the same price for a decent AR
>>
Some useful tips and information if your reciever is from AWO. Chances are you'll might get a bad apple from the bunch, so you may want to inspect the measurements and tolerances before building i, especialy since they got the batches from the former Ohio Rapid Fire company.
Gen 1 Reciever
>http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/notes/notes-ak/galil-orf-1/page-galil-orf-1.shtml

Gen 2 Reciever
>http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/notes/notes-ak/galil-orf-2/page-galil-orf-2.shtml
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.