[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As promised I scanned the book "SOLDATENBUCH" from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 151x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 151x250
As promised I scanned the book "SOLDATENBUCH" from 1958 which was handed over to soldiers in the Swiss army in order to prepare them for a possible invasion.

Here you can see the various tactics, doctrines and what each soldier was expected to do or how to behave in case of an invasion of Switzerland. It also speaks about the duties of civilians in these situations.

There's also a part showing each different corps of the Swiss army along with songs, prayers and other patriotic stuff.

>PDF: https://mega.nz/#!48pQBbrS

>JPEG: https://www.scribd.com/document/317988551/Soldatenbuch-1958

>Key for Megaupload: !Xt1NkbzqGwszmhWcZCpyDCrg2OL6Im8_MkuYxhLCnwU
>>
>>30593548
Not OP but which part would you have me translate next?
>>
>>30593548
Top shit m8.
Good on you.
>>
>>30593548
PW for pdf?
>>
>>30593548
They should do an up-to-date version of the SOLDATENBUCH
>>
>>30593693
!Xt1NkbzqGwszmhWcZCpyDCrg2OL6Im8_MkuYxhLCnwU
>>
>>30593699
The essence of war never needs an update.
>>
>>30593693
>"I can't read" the post
>>
>>30593704
Yes but infrastructures and army supplies change
>>
>>30593719
Get shit produced, ship it securely to troops, look that soldiers have enough stuff.

See, learn, adapt.
>>
>>30593548
Anyways Ill be back at 5 after fixing Pirhanas.
>>
>>30593726
I think, i might try to translate it all for our non german-speaking /k/omrades
Do you want to help me?

>btw i'm the guy that translated the directory
>>
File: San_Piranha.jpg (525 KB, 1920x1215) Image search: [Google]
San_Piranha.jpg
525 KB, 1920x1215
>>30593726
If you have to fix an ambulance one, it may be me...
>>
>>30593548
>Here you can see the various tactics, doctrines and what each soldier was expected to do or how to behave in case of an invasion of Switzerland.

...Unless you don't speak German...
>>
File: IMG_20151021_124432.jpg (722 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151021_124432.jpg
722 KB, 2560x1920
>>30593548
Thanks Brudi
>>
>>30593548
>taking photographs of a book instead of using a high quality scanner.
Good job wasting your time, someone else already did it. And the version I found includes a translated version.
>>
>>30593827
Post it my nugga
>>
>>30593827
if you really have that, please share it
because if it's already been done i could safe myself some time translating it
>>
>>30593673
All of it :^)

In all seriousness, if you translate shit starting from the beginning, I'd be greatly appreciative, as would all the other Anglo anons in this thread
>>
>>30593763
Sure.
>>30593779
Only the Nebelwerfer on these I check.
>>
>>30594844
"In the name of god. Amen. The public honour and well damand that peace settlements lasting validity may be given. - That's why all the people of the valley of Uri, the whole of the valley of Schwyz, and the community of the Lower Valley of Unterwalden with regard to the malice of the age to their better protection and to ensure their preservation have another counsel, advice and promotion of life and property within its valleys and outside promised to all of their property to anyone and everyone that any one of them violence or injustice hurt persons or goods to them. - And in any case each community has the other counsel at their own expense for defense and retaliation from malicious attack and wrong oath praised in renewing the old oath reaffirmed federal, - but in the way that everyone should serve his master fittingly to its stand , - We have also praised and established that we should take in the valleys certainly no judge who has acquired the office somehow for money or money's worth or not our citizens or fellow unanimously. - Evolves dispute among confederates, the clear-sighted to mediate among them, and the part that rejects the saying, oppose the other. - It has been established that whoever another maliciously, without guilt, kill, if he can not prove his innocence, is about to lose his life and if it is lost, then let him never return. Those who conceal and protect, it should be pointed out of the country, to call him back the Confederates. -
>>
>>30594940
Causes damage of a Swiss by fire, he may never more than compatriot are respected, and who cherishes him in the valleys and protect the injured party is liable. - Who robbed one of the Confederates or somehow damaged, whose estate in the valleys should be liable for the damages. - Let no one another, except an approved debtor or guarantor, pledge and then only with the permission of his judge. - The rest is to obey any of his judges and, where necessary, the judge in the valley, before he has to answer call. - Obey a court which is not and there is a Eidgenosse thereby damage, so have all the others to stop those for satisfaction. - Evolves war or discord between Swiss and wants a part to escape the verdict or give satisfaction, the confederates are bound to protect the others. - These orders are, God willing, endure forever. In witness whereof has been made this certificate on request of the aforesaid and confirmed with the seals of the aforesaid three communities and valleys. Done in the Lord 1291 at the beginning of August. "
>>
File: 1316959313738.jpg (51 KB, 221x246) Image search: [Google]
1316959313738.jpg
51 KB, 221x246
>>30593827
Then post a link you faggot
>>
>>30594949
10 central sentences out of the confederate constitution

1. The confederation has the purpose: Protecting the fatherland against the outside. Trade. Inner order. Protection of the freedom of its confederates (citizens) and advancement of their mutuality.

2. Every Swiss is equal infront of justice.

3. Every Swiss has to serve.

4. Every citizen of a canton is citizen of the confederation.

5. Any Swiss may not be exiled out of the confederation or his home canton. (note this is from ca. 500 years after the first two parts)

6. Freedom of faith and conscience.

7. Views of conscience do not liberate from a citizens duty.

8. Freedom of press is ensured.

9. The german, french and italian are the national languages of the confederation.

10. The constitution of the confederation may be revised at any point.

Rütli oath
We want to be a single People of brethren,
Never to part in danger nor distress.
We want to be free, as our fathers were,
And rather die than live in slavery.
We want to trust in the one highest God
And never be afraid of human power.

Flag oath
"There swear or vow the officers, NCOs and soldiers:

To keep loyalty to the Confederation;
sacrifice life and limb for the defense of the country and its constitution;
never to leave the flag;
to faithfully follow military laws;
to follow the orders of superiors timely and exact obedience;
to observe strict discipline and do anything that requires the honour and freedom of the motherland. "
"I swear it." - "I vow it."
>>
>>30595333
>trade is the second thing listed
Never change mountain jews
>>
>>30595355
Trade was a thing because all bigger citys were considerd free citys by the HRE, unifying currency, abolishing tolls and just generaly steering the trade was an important thing to do if you had to start from scratch.
>>
>>30593827
Link?
>>
>>30593548
I am considering to skip the next parts just until site 100 because the stuff inbetween is not really /k/ related. I would continue with the chapter: you become soldier.
>>
>>30593548
Romand here. Do you have the french? I'm interested on it since I don't understand written hochdeutsch very well.

Any way thank you for the work.
>>
>>30597502
*the french version of the book
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.