[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Electronic Earpro Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: smelltors.jpg (27 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
smelltors.jpg
27 KB, 1280x720
Yo, long time lurker here. I've never seen much talk about electronic earpro (MSA Sordin/Peltor Comtac). How do you guys feel about them? Ive got some sordin supreme pro-x myself and i love em (Active Duty 11C).
>>
>>30586791
I have a pair of Howard Leights that I've used for about 2 years, they work great but are a little thin and small, not providing a good seal when I try to get a good cheek weld with some of my rifles.

Also, took one of those little FiiO amps you would get for free with them and attached it to the audio port for added sound amplification for playing music from my phone/radio comms.
>>
File: hammytonflexman.jpg (110 KB, 382x504) Image search: [Google]
hammytonflexman.jpg
110 KB, 382x504
>>30586896
I've heard good things about howard leights, I was considering getting some at first but wasn't sure how much they could handle. My Sordins have an aux input as well. Feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
It's always good to double up. For me, electronic ear pro is just meant as an amplifier to help you hear non-gun sounds better. Good innawoods, turn up volume, feel like you're Predator.
>>
>>30586946
I'll trade you :^)
>>
>>30586948
I really had to double up before i finally bought the gel earcups. One of the best purchases ive ever made.
>>
File: waiting_skeleton.jpg (42 KB, 679x388) Image search: [Google]
waiting_skeleton.jpg
42 KB, 679x388
If they'd stop fucking around and release some gel replacements they'd be perfect.

But until then they have a shit tier seal and I can't recommend them.

Sordins 4 lyf.
>>
>>30586791
I've had a $60 pair of peltor electronic (range guard?) muffs since Christmas '14. Great for everything, small enough to not fuck with my bench rifles and clear/loud enough to wear hunting.
Only complaint is the 4hr battery life but AA's are cheap and easy to carry en mass.
>>
Test
>>
File: skeleytor.png (543 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
skeleytor.png
543 KB, 900x900
>>30586981
It really is worth saving up and buying a nice set of Sordins. My only complaint is the shifty battery box on some models (usually the ones with commo). My first pair had a battery terminal fall out. I called around and MSA actually runs their repairs through a shop in Florida (SRS Tactical). Awesome customer service, $40 for shipping and repair.
>>
File: what.jpg (52 KB, 694x663) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
52 KB, 694x663
>>30586981
So, uh, just checked on this again.
Apparently they blocked me.
OKAY.
>>
File: ATFDOG.jpg (66 KB, 334x750) Image search: [Google]
ATFDOG.jpg
66 KB, 334x750
>>30586791
OP here, I dont have much experience with Peltors (specifically the Comtacs), they're pretty widely used in my unit. But most of them are pretty worn out, missing fuzz-covers for the actual ear mics, loose battery covers, really squashed gel cups, etc. So, ive steered clear. Anybody have experience with a new set?
>>
>>30586791
>>30587085
Comtacs are fucking nice. After using Howards for a long time, they hands down better.
>>
>>30587050

>oh wow yeah that's a good idea!
>let me see what we can do about that!
>...
>...
>fuckin block him, stupid fuck

best customer support 2016
>>
Anyone have experience with quietpro?
>>
>>30587970
Someone should tweet it to them.
>>
>>30587671
Any specific model I should google?
>>
File: 1467990127415.gif (72 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
1467990127415.gif
72 KB, 175x175
>>30586791
I use a Ruskie GSSH-02 set, bretty good tbqh
>>
I have Comtac IIIs, they are great, most superior earpro you can buy if you get them with gel cups

I've never heard of anyone breaking them, they're expensive but worth it, they will probably last for decades
>>
>>30587980
They're awesome, but pretty damn expensive if you want to get them new
>>
>>30588016
I've seen them for around 150-ish on ebay. I've heard they're great for the range and hunting and don't require a radio attached to them.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.