[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homemade Musket
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: model-1842.jpg (66 KB, 1023x158) Image search: [Google]
model-1842.jpg
66 KB, 1023x158
Hello /k/. I really like guns and want to shoot as a hobby, however, since I live in [REDACTED], where gun laws are very strict and simply unreasonable, I can’t. As such, I decided to build my own.

Now, since this is just for hobby shooting and not self-defense, and ammunition or even gunpowder is very hard to find in [REDACTED] without extensive paper work, so I am going to make a musket.

The blast caps will be make from safety matches, a mixture that I already know and can rely on, in a cup made from aluminium cans. The gunpowder will be acquired from fireworks and squibs. The barrel I will make from a steel tube. I am going to find several tubes and test them with varying loads of gunpowder (My aim is to make a musket with a 60 grain load) to test from safe they are (My safety mark will be being able to fire 3 90 grain loads with no visible damage). After I make sure they are good I will rifle the barrel using a rod with diamonds (the kind you get in glass cutters) and slowly revolving them all the way to the bottom. The stock I will make from an old piece of hardwood from an old bed that unfortunately broke when transporting. The bullets themselves I will make from scrap lead and mold myself. I will make them about ¼ millimeter larger than the barrel so they are a tight fit and the rifling really works.

My questions are:
How likely is it that I will kill myself with this?
Where can I find good diagrams for very simple trigger mechanisms? (All the ones I have are for much more advanced guns, like M1911 and Sten. Could I use those?)
Any ideas on how to implement a safe way to remove misfires and failed rounds?
Repeating digits name the project.
>>
Can you own air rifles? Those are better than nothing.
>>
>>30584595
>remove misfires and failed rounds?
A long corkscrew could be used.

Wrap the barrel in wire, the wire doesn't matter you could use clothes hangers but this will allow the pipe to hold up to greater pressures.
>>
>>30584680
Air rifles are much easier to get here in [REDACTED], yes. I am thinking about buying one as well, looking for good prices and all.

But I wanted something with more punch. A real gun.
>>
>>30584720
Also, just the idea of building my own rifle sounds crazy fun to me.

>>30584720
I could buy a cheap corkscrew and solt it to a long bar. The wire idea sounds good. I will keep that in mind.
>>
>>30584595
Go to http://www.musketeer.ch/blackpowder/bp_menu.html , it's run by a retired Swiss chemical engineer. He gives the complete recipe for making good blackpowder (only lightly char the wood!) and blue prints for early gonnes, basically tubes of metal on a stick. Take what you learn there and build a biger gun, start with matchlock and when you are comfortable, replace it with a flintlock.

Also, where the fuck do you live? Japan?
>>
>>30584734
Read up on civil war Era muskets and how they function. Most of them were made with blacksmith tools, and I've seen one that still shoots. I wouldn't use any galvanized pipe though, that coating is toxic if burned off.

Invest in blacksmith tools or learn how to machine parts and gun making will come naturally.
>>
>>30584759
Thanks! That looks very useful as a way to make the powder and more reliable. I will still go with blast cap designs tough.

[spoiler] Monkey land A.K.A. Brazil [/spoiler]

>>30584773
I will do that.
>>
>>30584799
Getting the gunpowder and primers is the only thing stopping you really since any shotgun used within 20 metres is basically a tube on a stick.

Or just walk into a favela and claim to be a communist. I'm sure they will hook you up.
>>
>>30584722
>But I wanted something with more punch. A real gun.
Girardoni says, "Mamma mia, fucka you, volltrottel."
>>
>>30584838
I dont want a gun bad enough to pretend to be a dirty commie.
>>
Does no one want to name my suicide project?

Also, already worked out how to manufacture the gunpowder and how to mold the bullets.
>>
>>30585419
Brazilian boomstick?
>>
>>30585419
Street shitter shotty?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.