[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>live in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas >wanted to be a detective
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1466608615079.jpg (105 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
1466608615079.jpg
105 KB, 1024x682
>live in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
>wanted to be a detective for a while
Would it be terrible idea to try and join the Dallas PD now, after these shootings?

It seems either course could be perfectly logical - Either :
A. They are desperately in need of more cops and are willing to take anyone.
B. They are being flooded by applications because of the shootings and won't need more cops.

Or should I just call their HR and ask?
>>
>>30584069
>call HR
Go online, anon. Nobody does business over the phone these days.
>>
>>30584150
Well, Dallas PD is ALWAYS hiring, even before this, and it was hard to tell if they'd be in lower demand now with recent recruits, or if people would be completely running away from LEO jobs in DFW.

I usually get straightforward answers from HR on the phone since there's only so much information a standard website can provide.
>>
You probably realize it but to be a detective you will need several years on with big departments and MANY with smaller departments. There is very high turnover for detective jobs in big cities.
>>
>>30584192
I'm aware of it, I wouldn't mind working a patrol cop for a bit. $42,000 a year is leaps and bounds better than anything I've made as a wage slave. Even if I'm a statist pig getting shot at I don't think it'd be the worst thing in the world?
>>
>>30584165
I should have worded better. HR will tell you to go online to the city website, fill out a request to be notified of the next civil service exam, and click submit.
>>
>>30584069

It's actually not a bad time at all. In fact I heard a story earlier today about the department on NPR.

The Dallas PD have lost about 90 officers since October of last year and have had to cancel the past two orientations for the academy because of a lack of recruits. Why?

The Dallas PD pays significantly less than surrounding areas to places like Austin that pay more.

You don't exactly have a lot a competition.
>>
the black dude in charge just said Dallas PD is hiring and needs applicants. I've heard smaller departments across Texas pay more and are less stressful, so a lot of city cops transfer.
>>
>>30584069
If you want to be paid $15k less than the next nearest PD while having less benefits and a pension fund that has no money in it then go ahead. Good luck getting into the academy though. There aren't enough applicants to fill a single class.
>>
dallas is the san francisco of texas, keep that in mind
>>
>>30584069
Hiring like a mug right now, bruh.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/172844863-story
>>
>>30586150
OP here, I live in Fort Worth. I checked out all the areas like Keller, Southlake, Frisco, Plano - Your upper class better areas. Generally speaking they all pay almost exactly the same, under $50,000 a year starting.

Was I somehow mislead?
>>
>>30584208
Better pay at other cities however up until this event Dallas police had a amazing record of low on the job fatalities for LEOs.

Check disqualifiers, get in shape, make sure your packet is 100% accurate.
>>
>>30586381
Scratch that, I am retarded. Apparently Frisco and Plano pay almost $25 an hour starting, Dallas is $21.

Well, I could get a job pretty easily and if I can avoid being shot for a few years, transfer?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.