[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do soldiers ever wear shorts? It's the one thing I never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Rhodies.jpg (674 KB, 1435x925) Image search: [Google]
Rhodies.jpg
674 KB, 1435x925
Why do soldiers ever wear shorts? It's the one thing I never understood about the Rhodies.

I can understand if you're in a desert or some shit, but isn't the jungle full of venomous insects, snakes, toxic plants, etc? I don't know if Africa has poison ivy and shit, but I'm sure they have something equivalent.

While shorts seem like they'd be really comfortable for operating innajungle or innawoods in the summertime, it seems like it's just asking for a bad rash or serious insect bite.
>>
Shorts are for homosexuals
>>
>>30576051
Have you ever been in the veld ?

pros
-higher mobility
-legs are cooled by being exposed
-show off your sexy legs
-easy access for ball scratching

Cons
-exposed
-cant go "commando"
>>
>>30576061
Perfect for /k/ then
>>
>>30576051
PT
>>
>>30576095

why do you think they are obsessed with rhodesia?
>>
>All of Africa is a Jungle

>t. American geographic knowledge
>>
>>30576473
Fuck off Canada. Your country is a joke
>>
>>30576473
>strawmanning this hard
Where did I say all of Africa was a jungle? But I have seen many pictures of Rhodies patrolling in jungles or heavy thickets of bush
>>
>>30576051
Mostly because the fabric they had sucked balls for the tropics so most rhodies were more then used to wearing shorts while in the bush or doing physical activities. Their legs had long hardened to being torn up by brambles
>>
Bruh,

I've done military shit in Africa. It is SO fucking hot. The insects there, tse-tse flies come to mind, can bite you straight through your clothing. The snakes weight 30 pounds. Everything has spines and claws and wants to eat you. If THAT is the worst thing you have to worry about, wear pants.

If you are fighting hordes of Africans, worry more about the bullets.
>>
>>30576051
>White Africans
>Scared of a few insects
Whites in Africa are some of the hardest fucking operators there are, they live their entire lives with everything from the bugs to the people trying to kill them, in Africa you're either hard or you're dead.
>>
>>30576090
>can't go commando
Pff, yeah you can! Its called not being a little bitch, we played rugby without underwear. And rugby shorts are fucken short. Besides, theres nothing like a cool breeze to the balls when you're in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and its a dusty 40 degrees C

Rhodies, Boertjies, and those Namibian germans are tough bastard, we learnt to walk barefoot in the bush, cuts and bruises are minor inconveniences at worst.
If you're in the battlefield, or scouting/hunting you're gonna hurt yourself. The convenience of short pants makes up for the few extra scratches.

>more mobility
>cooler
>less pack weight
>shows solidarity to your forebears and their farming lifestyle (A E S T H E T I C S)
>>
File: 1468020583044.png (274 KB, 1864x789) Image search: [Google]
1468020583044.png
274 KB, 1864x789
>>30577854
>hardest fucking operators
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.