[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cure my flinch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 1449821467974.jpg (208 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1449821467974.jpg
208 KB, 600x800
I'm a flinch bitch. I can't stop flinching and it's driving me nuts. I dryfire practice for an hour each night, I hit the range every week and shoot 150 rounds, but I can never fix my flinch. When I dryfire everything is perfect, I can do penny drills all day, etc..., but as soon as there's a live round in the chamber, it takes me 20 seconds to pull the trigger, my hands start shaking, and I always either drop the muzzle or push the muzzle up because I'm a faggot bitch. I mean I'm the type of dude who jumps 3 feet when I see Tyrone on the street and he moves his arm 3 inches or when a homeless guy asks me for money.

I've tried mixing in spent casings, and every single fucking time I'm always pushing the muzzle up or down. Help me /k/, what can I do to stop being such a fag. Am I doomed to being a bitch flincher for the rest of my life?
>>
>>30575759
take a month break and come back
>>
>>30575759
One reason you might be flinching is realizing that you're pulling the firearm to the right. Don't rest it on the nook of your finger between each segment; rest it on the direct print of your triggerfinger.

Take a few breaths and think about happy shit, then pull the trigger, Piglet.
>>
>>30575759
No traps allowed

Also you might be getting target panic
Shoot a gun with smaller rounds
Pull the trigger slowly as possible
Double earpro
>>
>http://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/cure-a-flinch/
the thing about fringing and watching the action helped me a lot
>>
>>30575759
Take a break from live fire and do dry fire. Make it a routine. Do something like spend 5 minutes trying to get 5 perfect trigger presses in a row. Don't burn yourself out doing it all night. When you can consistently do 5, go for 6, then 7 etc. When you can do 10, go back to live fire with "ball and dummy" drills.
>>
>>30575759
When you are at the range load two mags with five rounds each, then between the first and second dry fire ten times. Repeat. Mixing dry fire with live can really help work out a flinch. It also sounds like you may need to man the fuck up a little bit, just saying.
>>
>>30575913
I'm going to try this
>>30575921
>>30575929
I dry fire every 3 rounds at the range, it's helped somewhat, but the flinch always comes back after a round or two.

I can go as many perfect trigger presses as I want when dryfiring, I can get perfect trigger presses when moving, I can get perfect trigger presses one handed, I just can't get perfect trigger presses when there's an actual round in the chamber.

I've tried breath control exercises and relaxing my body while dryfiring, but no luck. Does anyone think alcohol will help, it's a relaxant so maybe it'll help me relax enough to stop flinching.
>>
File: 1424994359348.gif (930 KB, 400x180) Image search: [Google]
1424994359348.gif
930 KB, 400x180
>>30576101
Can you report back to us after you try it?
I've been struggling with the same problem for as long as I can remember and I'd like some feedback if possible!
>>
>>30576101
>Does anyone think alcohol will help, it's a relaxant so maybe it'll help me relax enough to stop flinching.
Guns and booze don't mix.

Weed, maybe. Not booze.
>>
>>30575759

Have a buddy beat you with a bat that has firecrackers glued all over it. Black Cats and such.

Once you get your ass whooped enough the flinch will fade permanently.
>>
The only time I flinch is when I shoot a big caliber .22lr is easy but 500 scares the shit out of me
>>
>>30576390
Are you retarded?
>>
Take xanax

Shoot more
>>
>>30575759
i had this issue to because my first rifle was a 6 pound bolt action .308 and after buying two more rifles i was finally able to start reducing my flinch when i bought a 10 pound Finnish m39 because even though the round was bigger because of the extra weight i9n the rifle the recoil was less violent and that is what enabled me to get used to the recoil of a non intermediate cartridge.
>>
>>30576966

>Take Xanax
>Get into prone supported position.
>Wake up hours later and have to wipe the drool off the stock.

Or:

>Take Xanax
>Wake up hours later in an unfamiliar bathtub with an empty magazine and blood in your teeth.
>>
>>30579201
Sounds good to me
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 250x250
>>30575759
Punch yourself in the face
>>
>>30575759

The best advice any man can receive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y
>>
>>30575759
get a 12 gauge shotgun and go through a box of 25 shells with no earpro whatsoever.

It will cure your flinch quicker than shit.

once you fully expose yourself to your fears(guns going bang) they will cease to be frightening.
>>
>>30579350
Listen to this retard if you hate being able to hear well

I'd try wearing more ear protection. The sound may still be loud enough to make you flinch if you're only wearing ear plugs or ear muffs. Try both at the same time.
>>
>>30579415
>25 shotshells
>ruin your hearing

Holy shit the earpro meme has gone too fucking far. If you really think firing a few shells at the range will give you hearing damage equal to WW2 vet you have no business being near a fucking gun.

fuck ive seriously seen you cucks chide others for not wearing earpro during hunting, its delusional.
>>
Start each range session with 100 22lr from a pistol (rent it if you have to).

Also fire your bigger caliber pistols rapidly every now and then. Just grab a hold of that bitch tightly and mag dump the center of your target. Builds character and confidence.
>>
>>30579714
AS WHAT'D YOU SAY? CAN'T HEAR VERY WELL!
I THOUGHT I JUST LIP-READ YOU SAYING "I'M A FUCKING RETARD AND I LET OTHER MEN FUCK MY NON-EXISTANT WIFE AND DAUGHTER AT THE SAME TIME WHILE I FIPM IT"
WAS I RIGHT?
>>
>>30579714
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30579983
This is good advice. I do most of my shooting now with a .22, and then mix it in with more powerful guns.

I found out that the muzzle blast intimidates me more than the actual recoil. I'm much less likely to flinch with longer barrels, even if the round is hotter.

If you have a muzzle-brake, get rid of it and see if that helps.
>>
Wear better earpro.
Literally all it takes.
>>
>>30575759
You really are a bitch, I don't practice 1/10 as much as you and my flinch went away after my first couple months shooting
>>
>>30575759

>Get a revolver
>dry fire the shit out of it
>at range, start loading only 2-3 live rounds, mixed with spent (you can see the brass at edge of shield, so this helps from cheating it)
>focus on front sight

Keeping a good sight picture on a revolver is a bit tougher than a semi, so you really need to work harder and focus on your grip and trigger press. I think the increased effort will really distract you from recoil.

Also, everytime you flinch, pull a ball hair with tweezers.

Just a thought.
>>
>>30575759
>Acquire revolver
>Play Russian Roulette
>Get even bigger flinch
>Start flinch collection
>Open shop selling flinch
>Profit
>>
>>30576156
booze helps its just incredibly easy to overmedicate
>>
>>30575913
>Post ignition push
Son of a bitch. Not OP, but that's what I've been doing the entire damn time, pushing to control the recoil and timing it wrong.

How the hell do you get out of that habit? Moving to a lower-recoiling caliber?
>>
>>30584524
youve already got the flinch going to something smaller wont help unlearn it. just gotta stop doing what you doing.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.