[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's also a Sunday morning. I'm also bored as fuck.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
It's also a Sunday morning. I'm also bored as fuck. I'm also sick of black lives matter news.

I've been lurking here for a while.

Ask me nearly whatever.
>>
>Ask me nearly whatever
Ok, how is this weapons related?
And
Why didn't you post this on /b/?
>>
>>30571083
Cause I don't read other boards. Especially random. At least here /k/ keeps its autism confined to something I know about.

>guns
>war
>killing
>>
Have you ever jerked off 10 times in one day?
>>
>>30571067
>>>/b/
>>
OP here. Guess I'm confused. Saw a thread with an Executive Protection guy. That seemed to work.

Not sure how this isn't /k/ related. But alright, later faggots.
>>
Are you a 18E?
>>
>>30571067
Join my militia pls
I'll give you unlimited dip
>>
Cool pins, where did you buy them?
>>
>>30571067
O or E?
>>
>>30571274
It's just fat bodies mad at an actual opr8tor, assuming you're not stolen valor.
>>
>>30571393
E, the lapel pin gives it away. Gonna bet it's an E6
>>
>>30571274
It is /k/ related. People are just eager to be ridiculous after the last ama went stupid.

What do you find to be the best way to keep PT up in the field?
>>
>>30571067
Were you deployed and what did you do?
>>
>>30571067
You should go on /meg/ threads. It's a SF/Ranger circlejerk over there half the time.
>>
>>30571369
Woah woah. Unlimited dip? I'm not the OP, or even anyone worth mentioning but I'll do a lot for unlimited dip.
>>
Did you know Ben Schwietzer? He murdered Nic Moses back in 2012. Man was an apparent animal according to a couple 5th guys ive met.
>>
>>30571375
This. I can go down to the PX and be a leet kek ops wurriur on /k/
>>
>>30571375
This tbqh senpai. Give us some proof you aren't a stolen valor neckbeard
>>
>>30571394
>projecting
>>
What was the most operational operator moment that you've operated in?
>>
>>30571067

Alright, assuming you are indeed 18-series, what does a typical day in garrison look like for you guys? I know that SF gets a great variety of training, but I want to know how much you train and what that training looks like.
>>
>>30571535
>>30571475
trying to dox this guy too? fuck off faggots.
>>
>>30571625
This shit is why no one posts interesting shit anymore. Post something cool and you get called a liar.
>>
>>30571067
I won't believe you until you break open the ol "I Love Me" book and show a cert or two
>>
>>30571676
Would people do that? Just go on the Internet and lie?
>>
>>30571067
how many cummies before you start shooting blanks?
>>
>>30571676
/k/ has been fooled countless times, being skeptical is not a bad thing especially since this is the easiest board to troll.
>>
RICKYRICKYRICKYRICKYRICKY
>>
>>30571067
Why are you not using a tripcode for this thread?
>>
>>30571778
Whats a tripcode
>>
>>30571067
You that 18E that was in /meg/ a couple months ago?
>>
>>30571801
http://www.4chan.org/faq#trip

>Tripcodes can help verify a user's identity to others, and are a type of pseudo-registration. To use a normal tripcode, place a hash mark ("#") followed by a word or short phrase after what you've entered into the [Name] field (ex. "User#password"). Upon submission, the server will generate the hash unique to that particular word or phrase. The previous example would display "User !ozOtJW9BFA" after being posted.
>>
I'm concerned about doxxing, so I can't post much further proof. Mainly, I don't want my other SOF people to know who I am. It's not a large community, even outside of SF (i.e. force, marsoc, seals, rangers, etc).

I was an 18E. Later moved on to 18F. Now I contact for the government outside of the military. Yes, it's armed and overseas. Other than that, I can't say too much.

In order:

I'll join your militia if its training armed law abiding citizens to defend themselves from #BLM racists and predators who only want a chance to attack and kill whitey.

I did actually buy the "pins" and ribbons, since when they give you a medal oftentimes its just the documentation (not always, but I've had award paperwork slipped under the door, or simply upload to my file). The tabs aren't provided. Back when I earned these, they were cloth, and only the subdued versions. It's a good feeling when you earn them to go to the local store and get the pins for your various other uniforms.

I was an E7, the 3 denotes having graduated from the senior leaders course.

Ive been to Iraq, Afghanistan, and other countries. Our involvement often spans outside pure combat advising, and we are involved in hundreds of countries worldwide, working alongside allied partners.

I won't say of whether or not I knew Schweitzer. I knew of him, and I know what he did. It was a huge shock to us all. That sort of thing doesn't happen. It's an incredibly rare event when one of us loses their shit like he did. But it happens. And when it does it's always a big deal to us. As for what he did, unacceptable. I would have rather they let us deal with him. You don't attack teammates, ever.

The most "operator" moment ever was an all-night gunfight, in which I was nearly shot in the face multiple times in a door-to-door fight with insurgents, and later nearly sniped at long range. I was number 3 man in the "stack", one and two man are dead.

1/2
>>
>>30571760
I dont think ricky has crossed decks to SF being on RRC, but then again he hasnt posted in forever
>>
>>30571178
Not OP, but I've jerked off 6 times in one day
>>
>>30572028
>Makes you look like a gigantic faggot
>Makes you easier to filter.
>>
>>30572197
We'll the events leading to the formation of ISIS could be blamed on our war in Iraq. But what drew thousands of Sunni fighters there was Iran's alliance with the alawite Shiite regime in Syria. Hence why there is Hezbollah fighting ISIS in Syria.

Personally I don't mind that fight. If I was in charge when ISIS kicked off; I would have insulated the Kurds from Kurdistan (Kurds are wonderful people generally) and let them deal with it. But Iraqi / Us politics won't let that happen.

The people we were fighting in Iraq are the same people that created ISIS. Other than the grassroots protesters that started it, and the Kurds and Yazidis, I don't care what happens. It's a lose/lose either way.
>>
>>30571406
this, also NCOPD ribbion 3rd award, so E7, not E6 and Good Conduct medal, can't tell how many knots though
>>
if you get murdered by BLM can I have your fancy scout pins?
>>
>>30571178
I've jerked off 6 times in one day. I've also given a women more than 6 orgasms in one go. She stopped counting at 6.
>>
>>30572320
I don't have any scout pins, but if I did, and if that were a real thing, no.
>>
do you enjoy your job?
>>
>>30572383
If by job you mean SF, then no. It sucked. It was incredibly frustrating. We used to say that the 5% we enjoyed kept us around for the other 95%.

But, it was incredibly gratifying. I'd never change it and encourage everyone to do it.

Nowadays I make a fuck ton of money doing other things, but I still don't enjoy the job. But I'd still do it, even for less money.
>>
Any tips for getting selected?
>>
>>30571067
My old soldier is SF. @ Campbell last I knew. He's dropped off social media for operational reasons. You still in?
>>
>>30572413
No tips. Most people are selected before they show up. I can usually tell in a few seconds if someone will make it and it has nothing really to do with looks. There's no type that makes it.

People that want it make it. People that don't don't.
>>
>>30572420
No I'm out. But I'm still connected.
>>
File: shack.jpg (17 KB, 400x289) Image search: [Google]
shack.jpg
17 KB, 400x289
>>30571067
Was it worth it in the end? I've never heard anybody ever regret their time in the service so it may be a rhetorical question. I'm still trying to decide if I should enlist as 11x or continue to work on my future as a civilian, I'm just afraid that I'm going to wake up 10 years from now and realize that I missed out on my chance to serve.
>>
What is garrison life in SF like?

And what's it like after you get out? Infantry have zero career opportunities, can SF get a job contracting or bodyguarding for good pay?
>>
>>30572028
and alas they are called trip-fags for exactly that!
>>
>>30571369
Wait, cope or fucking grizzly?
>>
>>30572561
Don't wait. I'd do it again of course.

Also, don't avoid doing something hard. In my experience successful people pick a direction they enjoy, become the best at it, rise to the top, and that naturally lends itself to making money. It's not magic sauce.

I'd be tortured and miserable by what-ifs had I never done it. Also, now I make lots of money, and am raising my family in peace and security (unless I'm hammered). It's awesome.
>>
>>30572620
Op here. Grizzly is cheaper but cope is better. If it's dip in lieu of payment, demand cope.
>>
>>30571537
Believe what you want this is /k related.
>>
>>30572590
Garrison SF sucks like anywhere. We combat that by spending all of that time schooling or training. I didn't spend any more time at home with my wife in garrison.

>Prepare to deploy.
>Deploy.
>Return, refit.
>2 weeks off.
>Prepare for school.
>School.
>Return.
>Prepare to deploy.

That's the cycle.
>>
File: 1465952991071.png (547 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1465952991071.png
547 KB, 900x900
>>30571067
Noticing the Ranger tab, and SF tab I have to assume you were basic infantry as well at one point. So can you tell me a few things.

>Differences in experience between all 3 (Combat, Training, Unit banter, Enjoyment of your job)
>Rangers would you say they are like the Army's shock troops like specialize in spearheading a big push, or helping other SF by fighting the numbers while Delta, and others do their job.)
>As someone who will be enlisting in a few years as an 2nd Lieutenant and has always like guns, and fighting, but also driving and machines. would you recommend I aim for Rangers, or go as an Armor officer.
>Any tips you can give to a 2LT that will make him bearable and good to those I will have to lead.
>>
What advice would you have for someone is really not sure if the 18x path is the route they want to go?

Like, I'm really self doubting myself.
>>
>>30572683
>Any AMA whatsoever
>/k/ related
>>
And to keep this /k/ here's some kit recommendations.

>Best battle rifle
All my sniper friends use the LaRue OBR. It comes highly recommended.
>Best combat reflex site
I've always used EOTech. I can hit consistent kills to the body at 200 yards, prone, under pressure, with no magnifier. Close up, it's my favorite due to the true holographic nature (1.1x fucks up my vision out of my other eye.)
>>
how did your first kill felt?
how many have you killed so far?
do you feel anything beside recoil while killing?
>>
>>30572649
I prefer cope as well
>>
File: 1467146973105.png (428 KB, 558x744) Image search: [Google]
1467146973105.png
428 KB, 558x744
>>30572777
The guy is answering all our military questions shut the fuck up you ungrateful shit.
>>
>>30572729
Most 11b's I know are miserable. Especially during peace.

As for Rangers, I've rarely met a Ranger who I didn't respect, if they thrived there.

Rangers are an infantry regiment. An extremely skilled one. Best light infantry in the world. That makes them useful in a variety of environments. They did spend a lot of time doing shit for other SOF units, but make no mistake, they are a standalone fighting force, one of the best in the world. They have their own operations.

As far as going there, I once thought about going to OCS. The ONLY place I would go is Ranger Battalion.
>>
File: yawn.png (195 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
yawn.png
195 KB, 500x333
>sick of black lives matter news
The only way you'd see this shit is if
1. You watch TV all day, like a chick or a baby boomer
or
2. You stay on Facebook all day, like a fucking chick.
>>
>>30572828
True story, my first time in combat in which shots were fired, I realized I had to piss.

So I waited until my element returned fire so I could stand there with my dick in hand while it happened. Was full of glory.
>>
>>30572902
I spent all night watching the news and social media from my phone, yes. It's an armed insurgency. I'm not used to sitting around ignoring those.
>>
>>30572875
>The guy is answering all our military questions

We have a general for that because this isn't an anything-related-to-the military board.
>>
>>30572884
Yeah I wanna try and be a not shitty officer in the either the 75th or in an armored regiment. though i'm torn due to my equal love of wanting to be the baddest Operator possible, and being a treadhead.
>>
>>30572934
I think this is cool enough to be its own thread plus not all of it has to be about enlisting. You can literally ask someone who has been in SF, Rangers, and Infantry anything.
>>
>>30572777
Trips of lies, operator amas are /k related.
>>
File: 1443237840040-1.png (245 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1443237840040-1.png
245 KB, 1920x1080
>>30571067
>What is your favorite beer.
>Who is your waifu
>Who is your raifu
>Which do you prefer /BRG/, /ARG/ or /AKG/
>What is the dumbest thing you have ever been ordered to do.
>What is the funniest thing you have ever been ordered to do.
>What is the most satisfying thing you have ever been ordered to do.
>What was the most Operator thing you have ever been ordered to do.
>Do you worship the /K/ube.
>>
How effective is the 556 round in your experience?
>>
>>30571178

I've made it to 12 once
>>
>>30572934
>implying anyone on /meg/ has ever served or is even physically fit enough to fire a rifle
>>
>>30572968
>You can literally ask someone who has been in SF, Rangers, and Infantry anything.

And all we've gotten is questions about masturbation and the same things that people ask in the /meg/.

All of these threads are exactly the same, which is why the /meg/ was established in the first place.

Nothing against OP personally, but the entire reason that /k/'s first real general was established was so that people would stop doing this shit.

>>30573021
>Welcome to /k/, 4chan's weapons board. Our board centers around weapons, armor, and other myriad military technology.

Weapons and gear are /k/-related, AMAs are generally not about weapons and gear.
>>
What standard issue equipment would you immediately shitcan & replace if you were allowed to?
>>
>>30573041
Effective enough to kill, but I'd prefer other rounds. 7.62 and 300 winmag are better rounds for longer ranges.

As a combat round, I've fired 6-digits of 5.56 so I'm so used to the recoil and characteristics switching would take a while. But id be willing for the trade off in lethality and ballistic characteristics at long ranges. 762/308 imparts so much energy on the target at all ranges, it's hard to argue against its superiority.
>>
Is the acog overrated?
>>
>>30573202
The ACOG is a good sight. It depends on the use. If most of your encounters are medium ranges, 200-500m, then the ACOG is suitable.

I don't knock anyone for using it but I don't. If I'm going to use magnification, I'll look for a Leupold or even nightforce.
>>
>>30573154
Also, all the gun makers and competition shooters are switching to .224 wylde. It appears to be superior to 5.56
>>
File: 1456543014248.jpg (304 KB, 532x800) Image search: [Google]
1456543014248.jpg
304 KB, 532x800
Would the U.S. military be able to assist in rounding up the negroid race in camps for their own safety?

Also how long would it take to set up camps to handle such a small part of the population?
>>
File: 1467755340706 (1).jpg (749 KB, 1200x795) Image search: [Google]
1467755340706 (1).jpg
749 KB, 1200x795
>>30573429
Waifu - Some anime bitch you wanna fug
Raifu - A weapon that you love so much you see it as your wife

I like the way you think about killing hadjis I hope I end up like you in the future.

Another question
>What is the biggest body count post mission you ever had, like most people killed by the end of an OP by your guys guns not by fire support, or CAS just your bullets, and steel.
>Your favorite kill
>Your funniest kill
>Your dumbest looking kill
>Your first kill
>Your last kill
>>
We're you always the athlete type growing up? Also what was the prevalence of rounds/HGH while you were in? Ive heard stories of steroid usage being rampant in some units to cope with the intense op tempo.
>>
fake and gay. go back to playing call of duty.
>>
>>30573548
*roids
>>
>>30573550
This
>>
>>30571067
I know anyone can go to Ranger school, regardless of branch if they can get a slot, but what about the Q course?

Does one have to be in the Army and actually selected for potential SF membership to go there?
>>
File: p-09-fde-730x488.jpg (52 KB, 730x488) Image search: [Google]
p-09-fde-730x488.jpg
52 KB, 730x488
>>30571067
OP, do not listen to all the raging faggots in here telling you this is off topic.

Your mistake was posting this in the day time, on a weekend. Night time, especially late night during week days -- the board is a lot different. We call this day/k/are, it is a real thing, all the school kiddy keyboard warriors are here right now.
Don't let them tell you otherwise.

There are a lot of people who would be very interested to talk to you at length here. I suggest coming back during the week, at night time.
>>
File: 1455026583926.jpg (47 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1455026583926.jpg
47 KB, 500x375
>>30574005
>day/k/are
>weekend
>>
>>30573290
>The .223 Wylde chamber is not a caliber, it is a barrel specification. All .223 Wylde chambered rifles are capable of firing both .223 Rem and 5.56mm x 45 NATO (SS109 series) ammunition. The Wylde chamber is considered a "match" quality chambering and produces accuracy levels that are comparable in both calibers.

That being said, i never heard if Else chambers were part of the m4a1+ upgrades.

It seems that the next big change would be to drop 5.56 in favor of a 6.5 or 6.8 based cartridge in the same m4 platform
>>
>>30574174
>if Else chambers
if wylde chambers
Goddamned autocorrect
>>
>>30574174
I'd be up for that. Big problem for us in SF and Rangers is supply. It would be hard to switch to creedmoor because it's not in the big army system and we get a lot of money and supply from big army channels.

That being said, in terms of the 556 round and its ballistics, the big revolution recently was switching to a 200m POA/POI zero. Very flat trajectory. Past that, someone with optics or a precision weapon can worry about it. For most day to day advise/assist type operations.
>>
>>30571178
>only 10 times
I once jacked till my skin was chafed. Kept going too.
>>
>>30571067
>>reddit
>>
File: Screenshot_1.jpg (127 KB, 408x797) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.jpg
127 KB, 408x797
>>30571067
I remember my first years in too. pic related is my rack
>>
Whats the reputation of 19th group?
Is nasty girl SF a better quality of life over active duty SF?
>>
>>30571414
>were you deployed and what did you do?
>has BSM with V device

im sure he operated pretty hard for that
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.