[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any other anti-NRA /k/ommandos? It bothers me when they talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 2
File: 5326.jpg (25 KB, 377x268) Image search: [Google]
5326.jpg
25 KB, 377x268
Any other anti-NRA /k/ommandos?

It bothers me when they talk about politics outside of gun laws. Which I feel they've been doing more and more of lately.
>>
>>30568725
>Any other anti-NRA /k/ommandos?
No, most of us like having guns.
>It bothers me when they talk about politics outside of gun laws.
Like?
>>
>>30568725
Its unfortunate that they became THE gun rights group but better them than nobody. Thats not to say that i actually trust them to put the rights of the individual before the profits of the gun industry.
>>
>>30569779
I don't know how to check shit like this, but a trusted friend told me they campaigned against gay marriage, which regardless of your stance on the matter has NOTHING to do with guns, so fuck that.
>>
They're the only ones pushing against gum control (because they want to keep making tons of money) so that's ok I guess. Otherwise I don't appreciate them playing the crony capitalist game and sticking their dicks where they don't need to, like social legislation and other unrelated government stuff.
>>
>>30568725

They fucking suck but they have the funding other 2nd amendment advocates don't.
>>
>>30569827
Basically this. Dollar for dollar, other gun lobbyists are better. But the NRA gets SO MUCH MORE overall, because they're the big name, so they accomplish more.
>>
>>30568725
A bunch of out of touch old fudds trying desperately to remain cool, unfortunately the media turned them into a Boogeyman, so they remain relevant. They are basically the California of gun rights groups.
>>
>>30569809
Nice citation, faggot
>>
>>30569845
The most grass roots pro gun organization out of touch?

Wew lad
E
W

L
A
D

You know they hold votes over their leadership right?

Fucking Hillary shill thread. Sage
>>
They should distance themselves from the Republicans, who are in an ideological civil war.
>>
Britfag here, is anybody able to briefly explain the NRA and its effectiveness in looking after gun rights today? Cunts like Piers Morgan are always crying about how the NRA want mass shootings and whatnot and facebook fags are the same but I have a feeling they are a bit of a boogeyman.
>>
>>30569865
Go to bed Nugent, you're insane.
>>
I'm a member and believe they are an important organization. You have to remember that the NRA is two separate entities. There's the civilian NRA that does gun safety programs and insures member firearms. Then there's the ILA which does all the lobbying that libs hate.
>>
>Oh boy, another COINTELPRO attempt by Mr. "LARRY POTTERFIELD AND THE NRA ARE KILLING YOUR GUN RIGHTS, VOTE SHILLARY" retard
>>
>>30569935
As an NRA certified instructor, I can verify that the civilian side is shit too. Their curriculum is GARBAGE. I only got the cert so I would have a piece of paper giving me some legitimacy to teach my own lessons.
>>
>>30569935
>insures member firearms.
What's the actual point of this? Do NRA members not have property insurance of any kind, or homeowners/renters insurance for that matter?
>>
>>30569883
I feel like this thread is enough evidence that a lot of right-winged people are against them for one minor reason or another. And obviously the left thinks that they literally want to line up all Americans one by one and shoot them each into a mass grave. So yes in my opinion they have become very hated. Their name is almost a 4-letter word in any political conversation now. If you mention them leftists will think "oh he's mentioning Lucifer" and conservatives will think "bunch of chrony capitalist scum giving handjobs to gun company executives, fuck them." So yeah lots of people in the US seem to not like them.

Personally I wish we would stop hating them so much and focus on giving them a good name. Honestly if the result is giving us more freedom, then I'm ok if they have a few ties to executives here and there. That's not really my business, at least for the most part, and they have to make money somehow. Greed isn't as universally horrible as the world believes. If we weren't greedy or a little selfish we would never eat or have a job or a place to live for fear of taking something away from someone else or looking like we want our OWN things (how sinful).

My rights are on the top of the list of things most important to me, right underneath my family.
>>
>>30569944
Well say your like me, a guy who has a pretty expensive gaming pc and a few expensive firearms. I'd rather have desperate insurance for the firearms so I can get more same covered for the other things in my house. Also, for theft purposes as well.
>>
>>30569942
I realize the NRAs cert programs are a joke. But from what I've heard, the child safety programs are really good.
>>
>>30569969
Basically this. They've done a lot, but it's time they died out. We need to prop up another lobby group to be the new standard, and we need a new group to come up with a better beginer's curriculum for safety and training to become the new standard there.
>>
Gun Owners Association is a pretty great group.
>>
>>30569992
Don't know about the kid stuff, I'm certified as a pistol instructor.
One thing I do know is that, unless you're teaching a course specifically geared for defensive use of firearms, you are not allowed to say the word "weapon" when teaching an NRA course, which I think is not only stupid, but harmful. Pretending that guns aren't weapons is a dangerous mindset that leads to people not properly respecting them.
>>
while I understand they're basically the best way of getting shit the way we want it, sometimes it feels like they'll be willing to throw parts of the gun community under the bus just to save something that doesn't really need saving or isn't in danger
they always seem like they're on the retreat when they should be fighting to take shit back
>>
>>30568725
I just joined after Orlando. My reasoning is that they're the biggest and strongest, even I disagree on minor things.

GoA is IMHO better, just not as strong.
>>
>>30570007
Yea, that's not great. But again, it's a minor thing I disagree with versus most of the big things I do agree with them on.
>>
>>30570053
It's not just A minor thing though, it's a bunch of minor things that add up. I agree that they're the standard for both training and lobbying right now, and we need a standard, but we need a new standard for both that'll kill the NRA off.
>>
>>30568725
I am with you, they stick their big veiny penis into shit that has nothing to do with guns, their core believers are all a bunch of fucking bubba redneck fags running around wearing realtree all the time, and they don't fight enough of a presence in the tough states like California, where they are needed most. They just want to look good supporting fucking Tennessee or whatever when there are millions of Americans having their rights taken away as we speak.
>>
I'm kinda sick of guns being a "right wing" thing.
>>
>>30568725
>Any other anti-NRA /k/ommandos?
yes, I dislike them because they are racist.
>>
>>30569883
short answer is that republican party's base is primarily comprised of single issue voters, guns is one of the biggest if not the biggest issue. nra has considerable sway with voters and so the republican party has to pay deference to the NRA.

it's not a very powerful lobby group but it has millions of members who will literally vote out politicians if they are not pro-gun.
>>
>>30570262
If the democrats decided to stop being faggots about he 2nd amendment then that would stop overnight
>>
>>30570262
Me too. I'm a liberal who supports gun rights.
>>
>>30569883

The NRA is extremely effective, but not in the literal sense. They're unstoppable because people think they are unstoppable.

The liberal meme that the NRA is some sort of unstoppable legion of doom is intentionally allowed to fester.

If the NRA is some sort of unstoppable boogieman, it makes liberals look less bad when they fail to do gun control or fail to even do more than a half assed attempt. They start, knowing that they will likely fail, which means gun rights has already won.

They're a dog that's all bark with a bit of a bite but they hardly ever do the barking themselves, but others believe that projected bark has double the bite to back it up.

Currently however their old demographic of fudds has also fallen for this trick, so you will see a lot of bullshit about how they are a "gun industry" lobby primarily (which if they were, logically they would want to push for the Universal Background Check, and other barriers to private sales so as to incentivize or force buying guns in retail instead)
>>
My issue is they are just too political, which is good and bad for the 2A. I'm considering joining though because I heard if you are a member and have to use your firearm to defend your life or property or stop a shooter, they will give you all kinds of lawyers to make sure you can't get charged with bullshit charges.
>>
So I have a question. Everyone in here is talking about how effective the NRA is and what sort of things they lobby for, but how do you know? How can you keep track of what lobby groups fight for and spend your donations on?
>>
>>30570423

Like any group with similar tax filings, you can look up a general overview of their accounts and spending.

Approximately half of all the money that goes into the NRA doesn't go to "political" advocacy but into things like shooting programs. I believe (not entirely sure though) that you also have the option to donate money exclusively to the NRA-ILA which is their political/lobbying branch that does all the things (or is otherwise accused of doing) that get liberal panties in a bunch.
>>
>>30568725
Dislike the NRA. I recognize that they're our best bet but holy fuck do they suck.
>LaPierre and Nugent are morons
>didn't do jack shit about the 7N6 ban
>did something about the M855 ban
>protectionalist cunts
>shitty range insurance
>pc as fuck "it's a firearm, not a weppin"

GOA is better albeit a smaller organization
>>
>>30570458
How do I look that up?
>>
>>30569939
this desu

lot of that going around lately. Join or die, phaggots.
>>
>>30569809
>a trusted friend told me they campaigned against gay marriage,

Hahahahaha no.
>>
>>30568725
they monopolized gun rights advocacy and monopolies are always bad

they also love to put shit like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh8vFNynb_w
to make every gun owner look like sane person
>>
>>30569992

top ones are

1. Safety programs
2. basic rifle/pistol/shotgun course
3. refuse to be a victim, which is all situational awareness type stuff and doesn't even involve guns
>>
>>30569883
>Piers Morgan

He supports Trump, who in turn supports the NRA.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/22/piers-morgan-is-trump-so-wrong/
>>
>>30569809

This is like some weird psy-ops shit trying to get people to hate the NRA for things they never did

either that or your friend is retarded
>>
>>30570142
Unless they got someone with the mind and mojo for the long game, California isn't changing anytime soon.
If you want to turn CA, you either:

1) hope for a sudden disaster or huge as fuck PR-nightmare level of scandal that cleans house

2) you change the population and culture

One may or may not happen. The second will take time and effort.
>>
File: 1466551954975.jpg (26 KB, 262x303) Image search: [Google]
1466551954975.jpg
26 KB, 262x303
>>30569809
>>
>>30569868
So are the democrats.
Everyone is in "ideological civil war" this year, it's the season of anti-establishmentism.

Hell, the libertarians even put up an anti-gun VP.
>>
>>30568725

Second Amendment Foundation ? I've heard they are better but without the size of money the NRA has they can't do as much.
>>
>>30569793
>Thats not to say that i actually trust them to put the rights of the individual before the profits of the gun industry.

Nice falling for the "muh gun industry meme". Not only dies the NSSF exist, which is a lobby for the gun industry, but overall NRA gets most money from donations and dues.

>>30569820
>I don't appreciate them playing the crony capitalist game and sticking their dicks where they don't need to, like social legislation and other unrelated government stuff.

When have they done this?

>>30569993
>Basically this. They've done a lot, but it's time they died out

Explain.

>We need to prop up another lobby group to be the new standard

Why?

>we need a new group to come up with a better beginer's curriculum for safety and training to become the new standard there.

Why? NRA does an excellent job for this.

>>30570017
>it feels like they'll be willing to throw parts of the gun community under the bus just to save something that doesn't really need saving or isn't in danger

Like when?

>they always seem like they're on the retreat when they should be fighting to take shit back

Agreed but they also have to balance thing like political capital w/ their goals.

>>30570061
>we need a standard, but we need a new standard for both that'll kill the NRA off.

Why kill them off? We have the infrastructure and the ability to vote for the board and change the institution from the inside.

>>30570422
>My issue is they are just too political, which is good and bad for the 2A.

How can they be "too political" when they are a political organisation? What do you mean?
>>
>>30569809
Re check your sources then. The NRA has no motivation to spend their limited funds campaigning on that.
>>
>>30572075
They are more law focused so yeah
>>
>>30572460
The NRA does get millions from the gun industry, which they protect over the individual because they know people like you will donate no matter how much they allow you to be fucked. The ammunition bans are a perfect example. The dirt cheap imports were fine to ban because domestic manufacturers stood to make money, but try to ban m855 and suddenly the NRA gave a shit.
>>
>>30569944
Insurance companies fuck with guns super bad. Especially in cuck states. I had three handguns stolen, in CA, all three were off roster, renters insurance basically told me they didn't insure illegal property. Had I been an NRA member at the time maybe it would have been different.
>>
Fuck of shillary op faggot, NRA has problems yes they should be fighting 7n6 ban and 89 import ban and such but a lot of that will never change if fags like you never join and make an effort to enact change
>>
>>30570356
Liberal who supports the 2A here, spent my whole life voting against policies I support because the party that should be representing me can't wrap their stupid heads around civil rights.
>>
>>30573116
That's what happens when you got only 2 parties and no lolbertarians are a joke right now
>>
>>30573012
>The NRA does get millions from the gun industry,

1. Source.
2. As compared to what? How much is that compared to what they get from dues and donations? How much is it as part of the overall budget? How much of that goes to lobbying vs events and education?

>which they protect over the individual because they know people like you will donate no matter how much they allow you to be fucked.

Go ahead and substantiate this.

>The ammunition bans are a perfect example. The dirt cheap imports were fine to ban because domestic manufacturers stood to make money,

Which foreign ammo brands? We're still getting Wolf and Tulammo. 7n6? They were against that ban.

>but try to ban m855 and suddenly the NRA gave a shit.

Like I said, prove they were either for or not against other bans.
>>
>>30573284
>asking for sources on commonly known information
>thinking it matters what they spend money on if they take it at the expense of consumers
>not knowing anything about recent gun control legislation
>thinking that just because they werent fighting for a ban, theyre absolved for allowing it to happen without even fighting it
Theyve done shitty things in the past to give domestic firearm manufacturers an edge at the expense of the gun community. Youre a fool if you think they wont continue to do so. You can fanatically defend them but when they fuck up again and it affects you personally, maybe youll realize you shouldve donated to the second amendment foundation instead.
>>
>>30573592

Hey look you still haven't sourced anything!

Lets go through this point by point:

>>asking for sources on commonly known information

That the NRA gets money from gunmakers? Yes, I knew that. But apparently your sources also detail how this is done for nefarious and dastardly purposes that harm gun owners. Also, you didn't answer my other points. Please, proofs.

>>thinking it matters what they spend money on if they take it at the expense of consumers

Once again, proofs.

>>not knowing anything about recent gun control legislation

What is it that I should know? Inform me.

>>thinking that just because they werent fighting for a ban, theyre absolved for allowing it to happen without even fighting it

Firt, yes they did fight the 7n6 ban. They couldn;t actually do much as it was an ATF administrative decision not subject to a lawmaking body though. They supported a law introduced in congress to combat this ban though. You also still haven't proven there is this nefarious protectionist conspiracy on part of the NRA and US gunmakers either.

>Theyve done shitty things in the past to give domestic firearm manufacturers an edge at the expense of the gun community.

Please name some.

>maybe youll realize you shouldve donated to the second amendment foundation instead.

As long as convicted felon Gottlieb is at the helm, no. He has a history of moving from conservative organisation to conservative organisation and doing shady things with the funding. It's NRA and ANJRPC for me.
>>
>>30572460
Way to go, sperg

>"muh gun industry meme"
>Like I said, prove they were either for or not against other bans
See
>>30570466
They haven't done shit about 7N6
They don't give a fuck about "sporting purpose" imports
They don't give a fuck about imports from Molot, Tula, Izhmash or Izhevsk
The don't give a fuck about letting Norincos come in from Canada
They don't give a fuck about any milsurp being imported
>>
>>30574324
>They haven't done shit about 7N6

Here's their official response:
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20140411/batfe-publicly-confirms-administrations-ammunition-import-ban

>They don't give a fuck about "sporting purpose" imports
They don't give a fuck about imports from Molot, Tula, Izhmash or Izhevsk
The don't give a fuck about letting Norincos come in from Canada
They don't give a fuck about any milsurp being imported

They don't have the political capital to change any of that though. They would have to change through congress what were essentially rules made by the legislative fiat of the executive branch. With a D in the White House they most certainly couldn't change it now. Also, with the threat of something like an AWB coming through congress those other things have to take the back burner.

I understand your frustration but the NRA has limited resources and has to pick and choose its battles. Please, if you want that shit to change then join and vote for board members.
I want milsurp and 7n6 too. I think the NRA needs to change, but the way to make that happen is to be involved in the organization.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.