[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pet peeve about firearm posts: Please don't say that you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: THU_68_0596_VN.jpg (219 KB, 800x539) Image search: [Google]
THU_68_0596_VN.jpg
219 KB, 800x539
Pet peeve about firearm posts: Please don't say that you are "shooting" a "gun" when you mean to communicate that you are FIRING a RIFLE, a PISTOL or a REVOLVER.

Even the most raw recruit learns the vocabulary in the first day that he is issued with a firearm.

You SHOOT a target or you SHOOT another object, which on some (very) rare occasion may be a firearm, perhaps in another person's grip. It's only been shot if the round hits it. You would never purposely shoot your own weapon.

A gun is generally a weapon that requires a crew to operate, not a single operator. Even though pistols and revolvers have rifled barrels, they have descriptions that roll easily off the tongue. Say "gun" if you must, even in a setting that's supposed to be educational or at least, informative and we can overlook it.

But please don't say you are "shooting" it. That's just crass.
>>
File: JNS2p3N.jpg (68 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
JNS2p3N.jpg
68 KB, 640x640
>reload the clip
>clip
>c l i p
>>
>Even the most raw recruit
No one gives a fuck about your buttboy ego club and what they teach their sheep.
>>
File: chase_orr_PPS43_D6A6441web.jpg (625 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
chase_orr_PPS43_D6A6441web.jpg
625 KB, 1600x1067
>>30568654
Ok
>>
File: bix.jpg (180 KB, 790x400) Image search: [Google]
bix.jpg
180 KB, 790x400
>>
>>30568573
And what child sex cult recruited you and taught you this?
>>
>>30568573
I LIKE TO RUN MY PLATFORM
OR IS IT RUN THE GUN?

IN ANY CASE, THERE'S RUNNING INVOLVED
>>
>>30568573
So I assume you correct nigger speech with the same veracity no?
>>
>>30568573
>PISTOL or a REVOLVER
Isn't a revolver a type of pistol?
>>
>>30568573
Know what? I'll grant you that. We bitch about semantics enough we should probably get that right. That being said, I plan to go shoot some gunboolits out of my assault clips this week.
>>
>>30568573
Fine, fine. I will BLAT my GAT. Are you pleased now?
>>
Pet peeve about firearm posts: Please don't say that you are "firing" a "rifle" when you mean to communicate that you are DISCHARGING a FIREARM
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.