[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody Own one of These?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: p938.jpg (169 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
p938.jpg
169 KB, 1024x768
How do you like it?
Can you post pics of how you carry it?
I'm curious about how much it prints.
>>
>>30567912
Bump for interest.

Planning for it to be my daily carry.

No reason to get a 238 after shooting this.
>>
File: 20160708_192403.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160708_192403.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
I hide mine everywhere. Very accurate and decent trigger.
>>
>>30567912
Shot the P238 yesterday and loved it, how would you guys compare the 938?
>>
P938 is my edc. I'm a small guy and I don't think it prints much at all.
>>
>>30570005
expect a bit more recoil, and slight size increase- otherwise the same
>>
>>30570203
So the recoil isn't excessive?
>>
>>30567912
I have a 938 for EDC, though I carry it in a Sneaky Pete external holster
>>
>>30570225
It's snappy but easily controllable.
>>
I have a 238. It fits up my ass nicely.
>>
>>30567912
Tried one of there and loved it, but decided to save some money and went with Glock 43.

The 43 prints not at all, and the 2/938s are slightly slimmer in basically all directions. I'd feel comfortable carrying it in just about any position without printing.
>>
Good for pocket carry?
>>
>>30570444
I tried pocket carrying it, but didn't like it, but I just don't like pocket carry in general. It definitely fits easily in a pocket, though.
>>
>>30567912
I've had two and I have had nothing but positive experiences with them. Both my first one and my current one have been great. I carried the first one in my pocket with a Galco leather pocket holster. I pocket carry my current one with a leather pocket holster that prints so that it looks like a wallet when you pocket carry. I believe the holster is my by Hunter Company. The trigger is pretty good for a small micro pistol. It is pretty accurate for such a tiny pistol. My only complaint is how fucking expensive the mags are and the fact you can't remove their base plant. Overall, I would highly recommend the P938.
>>
>>30570758
Too bad they're not in the CA roster. Son of a bitch I've been wanting one so bad. I'm stuck with the 380 version.
>>
>>30567912
>live in MA
>dozens of these things in shops
>probably the most prevelant cc pistol ive found
>sort of want one but im used to compacts, worried a matchbox sized pistol wont be fun to shoot

im also interested in this. I dont mind the look or 1911 style, theyre overpriced but thats MA for you
my biggest concern is how they shoot
>>
The first one I bought was a lemon with constant reliability problems. The grip panels kept getting loose and I accidentally stripped the aluminum frame when I tried to tighten the screws. Be careful that you don't do that. Use loctite. Kind of stupid to have steel screws in an aluminum frame. They should have used grip screw bushings like with 1911s.

Thankfully, Sig Sauer replaced the gun and my new one is super reliable and the grip panels haven't loosened. I've put a few hundred rounds through it with almost no cleaning. It feeds brass, steel, and hollowpoints with no problem. The only issue I have is with the 7-rd extended magazines. It uses the same length spring as the 6-rd magazine, which means that it will fail to feed the last around sometimes, especially with higher power loads.
>>
>>30571572
It shoots GREAT. Last time at my range I was shooting my 238 at the 25yd line and the RO was like why? I brought him my target after the ceasefire and said because I can.
>>
>>30571692
im sturggling to choose between this, a glock 19, or an M&P shield
I know the sig would conceal the best but its also way more expensive and Im wondering if a double stack would be better. I only have enough money for one pistol for the next few months and seeing how things are in the world latley I want more capacity
>>
I want one but daddy gov. says I can't own a handgun with a barrel shorter than 106mm.
>>
File: 20160521_191523.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160521_191523.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Its awesome. It doesnt print AT ALL, from just shoving it in my waistband. Still waiting on my holster.
>>
File: 20160603_012257.jpg (958 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160603_012257.jpg
958 KB, 2048x1152
>>30571761
I paid $450ish for my p238. Get the sport model. It's really the best value and has all the best features. TFO front sights, tritium rears. Comes with a 6 and 7 rd mag.
>>
>>30571905
Those wood grips are sexy as fuck.
>>
I have heard that the 238 is the one to have but it seems like the 938 guys in this thread are liking theirs just fine.

Is it safe to carry cocked and unlocked? I know it is basically a colt mustang but does it have the safety feature that prevents it from discharging if dropped on it's muzzle/backstrap?
>>
>>30572036
It has a firing pin safety. The firing pin is blocked unless the trigger is pulled.

I would carry it cocked and locked. If you have a high grip on your gun, your thumb will naturally rest on top of the thumb safety making it very easy to take the gun off safe while you draw. It adds zero time to your draw if you train doing it.
>>
>>30567912

I own one and i've been EDCing it for..going on 8 months now.

>How do you like it?

Love it. Excellent gun.
>>
>>30567912
i don't know much about firearms but i think i'm looking for a SA/DA or SA lightweight compact 9mm for pocket carry i'm looking at the Sig P938 are there any others i should consider? any like the Sig P938 but lighter?
>>
>>30567912
I've owned a couple P238's in the past, but currently only own a P938. To me, it's a lot less refined than the P238, and even that had a lot of issues. My current favorite shooter was a P238 HD (stainless steel frame), and I sold that when I bought the P938.

Even though Sig has fixed a couple of the issues, like by re-profiling the extractors to keep them from cracking so much, and by redesigning the mainspring housing and sear spring to keep them from abrading each other (plastic MSH was a shitty idea to begin with), there are still issues. For example, the guide rod is prone to breaking apart and flying out the front of the gun at random, and the grip screws tend to loosen and fall out unless you use loctite.

Also, the magazine is a disaster. There's a huge amount of tension, so just loading the magazine gives you nerve damage in your thumb, and I am a person who normally doesn't use a magazine loader. It's also really difficult to insert a loaded magazine with the slide forward, due to the design and amount of tension. When you remove a loaded magazine, like to +1 the gun, the top round in the mag will frequently fall out, due to inadequate feed lip retention.

The checkering on the front of the grip is effective, but sharp. I would much rather have one-way horizontal serrations. Making the trigger out of plastic is fine, but the trigger pin is tiny and press-fitted, and makes replacing the trigger with a metal aftermarket option near impossible for many people.

Now, that all said, the P938 is still my EDC because I think it's unmatched in terms of ease of concealment and shootability. The Glock 43 is bigger and the trigger is not as nice.

>>30570225
>So the recoil isn't excessive?
No, it kicks like a mule, but, like the other guy said, it's easily controllable. It would actually be really fun to shoot if the checkering on the front of the grip were a little softer. Put on a pair of gloves, and there are no issues.
>>
>>30571319
Be happy, I'm on a wait list for the 238, been on it a while.
>>
>>30567912
The guy who owns my (former) LGS had one.

He was able to make it fire by pulling the slide back to just before the barrel unlocked from it
>>
>>30572988
Huh...just tried it with mine and you're right.

Though the strike of the hammer returns it to battery anyway. Whether or not the slide returns to battery before the round ignites is another question.
>>
File: 1.jpg (4 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
4 MB, 2432x4320
All my friends EDC a P938 which is why I went out and bought one.

I'll save you the full sob story since pretty much everyone here has seen it, but long story short, I bought a P938 with blackwood grips without looking at the serial, my serial has 666 in it.

Since I'm too superstitious to own it, I am now selling it. If you're in the Dallas / Fort Worth area you can get a pretty good deal for a new in box P938. I've only put 50 rounds through it. Anyone can email me at [email protected] for more details and high res pics if they're interested.
>>
I have played with them before, nice little guns but I don't like exposed hammers and manual safeties in a pocket pistol so i opted for faaaar cheaper LCP and I love it.
>>
>>30572260
You're legally allowed to carry, being a nigger and all?
>>
>>30573080
Haha, I thought you liked having 666 in the serial number. I didn't realize your thread a few days ago was a "sob story." I might buy it from you if it was actually the last three digits of the serial.
>>
>>30571319
There are legal ways to circumvent the roster dumbass.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.