[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Archery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1468119202196.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1468119202196.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Hi /k/! i don't know if this is the place for this, but I was left pic related by a friend but I have no idea how to use or care for it. What do?
>>
>>30566741
That is freakin' weird and I think that has to be some kind of weird one-off.
>>
>>30566741
How well does it bend?
>>
>>30566741
it's a Penobscot bow reproduction

care for it like you'd care for any wood product and keep it out of extreme temperatures or humidity shifts.

>>30566848
why post when you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. summer plz go
>>
>>30566741
Oh its a double bow.

>>30566848
Its rare but not unheard of. White Wolf sells them.
>>
>>30566872
Okay, so inside and not in direct sunlight when not in use.

>>30566857
Dunno, I don't have a context for how a bow should bend.

Anything else?
>>
>>30567066
pretty much. if the bow is sealed with linseed oil or polypropylene it's pretty maintenance free, just don't leave it in your shed all summer. think of it like you'd think of storing a guitar or cigars. not too much or too little moisture/humidity.

If you don't know the brace height, or how to set the brace height, or how to properly string a bow, refrain from doing so until you read some archery wikis. the brace height and poundage "should" be written on the bow.

setting the brace height to high will permanently damage the bow and make the limbs take a set.
stringing it wrong repeatedly can warp the limbs and make the bow throw the bow string in use, which will either break the bow or make it straight up explode.

also no dry firing or overdrawing.

if you want to start shooting it get it all squared away regarding brace height and prepare to drop shekels on some arrows from 3 rivers archery with the proper spine weight for the poundage.
>>
>>30566741
Find a place that does this and have fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr7iD3pjmSU
>>
>>30567441
>when you go full summerfag
>>
>>30567441
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/02/archery-company-sues-larper-over-patents-then-files-gag-motion-to-silence-him/
>>
>>30567489
>when you go full summerfag

What, going outside and enjoying a healthy activity while socializing with other people?
>>
>>30567635
Have you forgotten where you are?
>>
>>30567517
Wow, global archery sounds like a bunch of twats. Funny to see them get so asshurt over it
>>
>>30572653
Check out their FAQ, they "patented" foam arrows long after they'd been in use in order to license Archery Tag and rent kits for businesses to run games. They went after him and failed because he might compete by selling arrows to their licensees.

They're also really dickish about licensees sticking to their book.

The case was dropped, at least.
>>
>>30572653
Classic patent troll, really.
Patent something that already exists, generally by obfuscating the language in the patent so the patent office can't tell you're trying to patent the wheel, then sue small businesses and other entities that can't fight back.
>>
>>30573008
Well, PTs typically make no product or business off the patents. GA is a full-service licensor for Archery Tag, and licensees have to use their provided gear and follow their book. But, this is clearly both an invalid patent (ancient prior art, obvious, generic term branding ) and clearly an attempt to squash potential competition via licensees getting a chance at having alternate supply sources, even though the guy they tried to sue wasn't even primarily in the Archery Tag market, and mostly imported to sell to LARPers.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.