[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do you use a front peep sight? I can't hit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: target_front_sight_2.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
target_front_sight_2.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
How the fuck do you use a front peep sight? I can't hit shit with them at 50 yards on a 22 target gun.

Do you need inserts for them to work?
>>
File: prod_9134[1].jpg (73 KB, 1140x900) Image search: [Google]
prod_9134[1].jpg
73 KB, 1140x900
>>30562412
yes
>>
>>30562412
You mean a globe sight? There's supposed to be an insert or some sort of inner part, yes.

To use them you look through the rear peep then line up the front housing and the inner ring to look like concentric circles. Your target should be in the center of the smallest circle.
>>
>>30562412
should have a peep rear sight as well. you make the two rings concentric, put bulls eye in the center. should be a post or cross hairs in the center of the front sight, but I've seen them with out also.
>>
>>30562508
Yes, I have a front globe sight and a rear peep. The globe has no post or anything in the center, it's empty. Or without as you've said.

If it's supposed to be without, then am I just supposed to magically be able to center the bullseye in the middle of the globe? I can line up the rear peep and the front glove just fine.

Rifle is a kimber 82 government by the way
>>
>>30562927
>then am I just supposed to magically be able to center the bullseye in the middle of the globe?
Yes because that's how eyes are supposed to work.

did you happen to zero the rifle m8
>>
>>30562412

Are you used to a notch and post by chance?
>>
>>30562927
You'll be surprised at what your eye will naturally do. Rear sight prolly needs adjusting. Remove bolt, and look down the barrel at the target. Then adjust the rear sight to match what you see in the barrel. This should at least get you on the paper. When I mounted a scope on my AR-15, I used this procedure and was less than a foot off from the center at 100 yds.
>>
>>30562942
No, but I'm getting rounds all over the paper, much less any form of a grouping, I don't think it's the rifle in this case.
>>30563210
Yes but I'm no top shot
>>30563298
I can get it on paper, just can't get any semblance of a group
>>
Advice anyone else?
>>
>>30563626
>just can't get any semblance of a group
Then your issue is your trigger pull being too jerky. Squeeze it more slowly and not with your finger tip. Your trigger pull is pulling your rifle off-target a random amount with each shot.

When this type of sight is dial in right it's hard to see anything through them when you're not lined up with the target. Anything else is a result of your sights not being zeroed, or your shooting behaviors fucking up alignment mid-shot.
>>
File: 1466382485056.jpg (26 KB, 552x586) Image search: [Google]
1466382485056.jpg
26 KB, 552x586
>>30565355
Thanks fampai
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.