[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ccw questions and anwsers thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: mp vs glock.jpg (444 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
mp vs glock.jpg
444 KB, 1000x667
>M@P vs glock vs other

looking to get my first ccw in light of all the shit thats been going down. Ive been meaning to for a while, so I guess now is a good time. Im not new to guns or shooting, I have a model 19 smith and wesson but thats more of a range toy. I want something practical, and have narrowed it down to either a glock 19, M&P compact or something in DA/SA, my lgs has a sig p239 that caught my eye

heres the thing, I live with my dad and he already has a glock 23, so as much as im leaning towards the glock I feel like getting two of essentially the same thing is a waste of money, and I should get something completely different like the sig. But then there are interchangeable parts (im getting him a 9mm conversion barrel) to consider. Thoughts?

Also, any recommendations for holsters, and EDC set ups?
>>
>>30559273
I like the m@p more but Id go for the glock so as you said you can switch parts with the converted 23
its not like theses are rare guns. you can always pick up another one
and another....and another one...and another one
>>
>>30559273

it's the summer so get a single stack or something like that. M&P shield is what I carry at the moment and I Feel the 7+1 with an extra 8 round mag is good enough

pic is a Raw Dog Tactical hybrid holster
>>
>>30559674
they have a shield but im not totally sold on it. Id prefer a double stack because I dont have the cash to keep buying guns so this will be my main cc for a while
>>
>>30559921
so then what about the Sig p239 then?
>>
>>30559933
im not totally sold on it either, its biggest factor was being DA/SA and a good carry size. All the store has was a table full of glocks, M@Ps and then something odd like that and it caught my attention
he also had some Sig 238s and 938s but they felt too small for my hands
>>
File: 1459431105234.gif (219 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1459431105234.gif
219 KB, 321x322
>buy a glock 23
>get two 9mm conversion barrels for you and your dad
>you now have essentially 4 guns between you two
>>
>>30560023
similarly get a glock 22 and do this
if you dont mind carrying a full sized gun
>>
>>30559273

Isnt the 19 a little big for CCW? Why not get the G26
>>
>>30559933
Not him but I really want a P239 for conceal carry. Though it is way too fucking big for an 8+1 9mm so it may be hard to justify it. It's the same size as a Glock 19 basically and it weighs more, I would only get the P239 if you absolutely love Sigs like the P226 and the trigger/controls.

I see the P239 like people see the 1911. It may be outclassed in capacity by the newer 9mm's but holey fuck is it a good shooter. One day I might go full retard getting one with a custom trigger from Bruce Gray and throw some X-Rays on them
>>
What's the biggest, heaviest gun you could reasonably cc via appendix carry? Could you cc a cz75, or it that stupid
>>
>>30559273
>glock 19, M&P compact
These are fine choices.
>sig p239
This is not.

>my dad already has a glock 23, so I feel like getting two of essentially the same thing is a waste of money
That's retarded. Your CCW is a part of your wardrobe. Just because your father has the same brand and model of shoes as you doesn't mean that you should consciously get something different so you aren't overlapping. Get what works. Get what you like. If it's the same brand as what your dad has, who cares?
>But then there are interchangeable parts (im getting him a 9mm conversion barrel)
I have owned hundreds of firearms over the years and I've only bought an aftermarket barrel for a handgun a total of one time. This should be a very low priority in your list of criteria that it shouldn't even register in your decision making process.
>>
>>30559933
The P239 is neat for .40 S&W since it handles the caliber so well. There's barely any recoil. On the other hand, it's a large and heavy gun. It would make no sense to trust your life to one when a Glock 19 or 23 can hold twice the capacity for approximately the same size and weight.
>>
>>30559273
The m&p is good but excessively flips, I personally prefer the glock 43 but that's because I'm used to Glocks. Get whatever platform you're more comfortable with.
>>
>>30561076
that and the sig is notability slimmer (no shit its a single stack)
so despite being the same size and heavier its very well balanced. I got one because I was sick of finding single stacks only being the size of match box cars
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.