[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question to Cops
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23
File: trafficstop1.jpg (94 KB, 1102x737) Image search: [Google]
trafficstop1.jpg
94 KB, 1102x737
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Pt1nkw3Mk
>Philando Castile is told to get license and is shot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yEQDBSt58w
>Levar Jones is told to get license and is shot.

My own experience, I was pulled over and had my hands on the steering wheel palms up. Tell the officer I'm carrying and he says it's no problem and asks for my license. I then reach for my wallet and he screams, "WOAH! WHERE IS THE GUN?" I freezed immediately and pointed it to it on my other hip (lefty).
Today, I heard a caller on a radio show report a similar story to my own.

So to the cops on /k/, do they not teach you in traffic stop 101 that if you ask for a license the person will reach for it?
>>
how about you tell them where the gun is after you say you're carrying?

>my concealed carry is on my left hip and my wallet is in my back right pocket, how should I proceed?
>>
>>30558971
The cop is in charge of the situation.
I am required to notify them of possession (in my state).
The rest is up to them.
>>
>>30558971
>Officer doofus mistaken your right for his left and proceeds to shoot you anyway.
Bam! You're dead.
>>
>>30558987

it doesn't matter who's "in charge of the situation" when he could shoot you dead for reaching in the wrong place at the wrong time

sometimes you need to be proactive, if you're unsure what to do just ask
>>
>>30559004
Let's look at if that burden was to be placed on the citizens. However, many if not most obviously do not have the training or understanding of this. Furthermore the cop is trained an in charge. So you would have to then also train the citizens. PSAs every week on the TV? Would that be your answer?
>>
Tell them where your gun is, ask for permission before reaching for your wallet "sir I have a Carry license and am currently carrying on my right hip" "ok blah blah can I see your license" "my wallet is in my back pocket, is it ok if I get it"
>>
>>30559023
>cops
>trained

Pick one. If you're carrying you owe it to yourself to know more than the cops do abotlut how this shit should go down

Massad Ayoob is a good source for shit like this
>>
I've been thinking lately about getting into a habit of putting my wallet in my sun visor or something to avoid any potential situation like this
>>
>>30559029
Levar Jones in the OP link did not even have a gun. Clearly he made a mistake but he was unarmed. The general population believes and is told "just do what the cop says". The cop asks for the license, you get the license.

Does the cop not realize if they ask for the license that the person (carrying or not) is going to get it for them?
Is this not addressed in training?
If you want to place the burden on the population, how will you train the population because they clearly do not know?
>>
>>30559023

if you're carrying a deadly weapon the burden is 100% on you, numbnuts

>So you would have to then also train the citizens

easy, ever hear of a firearms safety course?
>>
>>30558941
>license and registration please
>by law i'm obligated to inform you that i'm armed
>keep your hands on the wheel and tell me where the gun is
>on my right hip and my ccw, dl and registration are in the wallet on my right back pocket
How do you proceed from there if the cop is alone? Do you let him reach for his wallet? Do you cuff him through the window, let him exit the vehicle, disarm him and check his licenses?
>>
>>30558941
>trusting the word of people who have every incentive to lie

Your biggest mistake.

Hands up, dont shoot! :^)
>>
Pull your wallet out before he gets there then put your hands on the wheel?
>>
>>30559062
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yEQDBSt58w

It's particularly applicable to people with guns but also to everybody else. It's not exclusive.
>>
>>30558971
This.
>>30558992
Kek
>>
>>30559048
I always put my wallet and registration/insurance in easy, open reach because of shit like this.

Which for me means below the radio, in front of the shifter.
>>
>>30559106
This is one of the few videos where they dindu nuffin wrong. I hope he sued.
>>
>>30559086
The Levar Jones video (I fully accept he fucked up) but the video shows exactly what I'm saying.
The Philando Castile video, I highly doubt that driver came up with a lie on the spot that is this coherent and believable only to tell it to the one person in the world that would know she's lying.
>>
>be german
>late 90s
>out with friends at night
>18, 16 and 17
>slightly intoxicated
>cops approach us on the way home
>can we see some id?
>anon1 sure
>anon2 sure
>anon3 somewhat nervously reaching for the wallet in his jacket while stuttering s-sure
>cop1 and cop2 immediately draw
>anon1 and 2 in unison: anon3 you fucking idiot, just tell them where you've got your wallet

All it takes is one fucking mistake and you're 6ft under.
>>
>>30559132

Its hardly a complex lie, just one sentence repeated, a literal he dindu nuffin.

Hands up. Dont shoot.
>>
>>30559073
Usually we are trained to have the weapon ready and get in the drivers blind spot. It's always a gamble. We are told to assess the situation and be ready for action, which is the hardest part really. It comes down to experience. Fortunately here in LA there's always 2 of us. Easy to imagine that officers that are solo have it 100% harder.
>>
>>30559132
She was telling it to litterally the whole world.

It reeks of damage control and media hounding, imo.
>>
>>30559004
Yeah that's smart, but officers shouldn't be fucking retarded in the first place
>>
>>30559132
he din du nuttin
just kilt my baby daddy
shes so fucking ugly that the cop did the nig a favor
>>
>>30559106
>still handcuffs him
...really?
>>
>>30559170
You don't know anything about police procedure do you?
Suspect gets cuffed even if half his head is blown off.
>>
>>30559004
>sometimes you need to be proactive,

I think the point is we shouldn't have to proactively treat cops like antsy retards with the comprehension of a 5th grader to avoid getting murdered by them.

All cops should wear cameras by now, the cost about as much as a nice pair of shoes. And if they tell you to get your ID and then shoot you for reaching toward your ID, that's their fucking mistake and they should fry for it.

And yes, I will continue to treat cops like hair-trigger psychopath paranoid snowflakes, you bet I will, yes sir.
>>
>>30559147
>>30559161
>>30559166
>Officer, "I told him to get his hand off it."
>You told him to get his ID sir and his drivers license.

Well, there's no proof either way but I believe her. You don't; I do.
>>
>>30559106
That cop needed a fucking zanax.

Yeah, I get it. The dude reached and spun, scary stuff. That's part of the job, dealing with shoot/no-shoot scenarios.
>>
>https://youtu.be/dBp2w8r17AE
Don't trust BLM. Simple. And when armed, be very aware if the cop pulls you over. Hamds on the wheel at all times, and if you shall reach your license, ask him/her how and where so you would reduce the risk of getting shot. No suddem jerking or quick movements, nice and slowly.
>>
>>30559130

He got $256,000 (seems like about a tenth of what I'd have expected if it was me), and the officer just plead guilty and hasn't been sentenced yet.
>>
>>30559225
Theres a procedure?

Shit I remember one vid of the swat shooting a knife armed homeless guy with rifles in the back then non-lethal then releasing the dogs on him
>>
>>30559247

And turn your phone on and start recording or get an interior cam so your family can sue when he murders you because he watched SWAT and thought it was real.
>>
>>30559233
Not a cop and l fully agree with your sentiment.

By I am a sysadmin and once upon a time was a network admin. The cameras aren't expensive at all, but the storage and bandwidth requirements are. Figure 720p or better for admissable video, the camera should NOT be shut off for the cops entire shift (that's how we did it for the GO I worked at). That's 6-10 hours of continuous 720p video, every day, multiplied by every street cop on duty.

Then, you usually store offsite backups, sometimes even with the vendor. That means you need a fast and reliable network connection. That means you need metro Ethernet or maybe, maybe dedicated copper just for this purpose.

Most of the US literally doesn't have the network for this, and most cop shops couldn't afford the storage anyway.
>>
>>30559319
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tpAZObNZfI
>>
>>30558941
If you're pulled over by the cops. Sometimes you can get your ID/insurance papers out from where they usually are and then just put them on the dash in front of you. (For convenience sake and to save time once the officer gets to your door.)
Of course any drastic movements you might make that may be visible to the cop from outside your car could give him reason to go on red alert.

I always keep my registration and insurance papers. in my visor so its right there and easy to get it down and place on dash.
Also I don't usually drive with my wallet in my pocket, too uncomfortable. so its usually in a cup holder of the center console in easy reach.

So its easy for me to get all these items from where they ride and place them on the dash all without making any huge furtive movements.

By the time a cop gets to my window, both of my hands are on the steering wheel. and all my necessary paperwork is on the dash in front of me.
Simple as can be. I don't know why people let it become an issue.
>>
>>30559355
>Young kebab
REMOVE
>>
>>30558941
>getting out of the car that quickly

fucking retard
>>
>>30559311
Yeah seems pretty low since people have made much more suing for non-life threatening bullshit.
>>
File: 1464459840442.gif (3 MB, 480x292) Image search: [Google]
1464459840442.gif
3 MB, 480x292
>>30559361
it isn't hard

>Turn car off, keys on the dash
>get insurance papers from glovebox and ID out of your wallet before the officer approaches your vehicle
>keep hands on 10 and 2
>don't be an asshole
>no sudden movements
>>
>>30559361
>Simple as can be. I don't know why people let it become an issue.
people get nervous when pulled over because you don't often get pulled over for nothing and the majority of cops are usually

a. nervous themselves because they think everyone is out to get them

b. power hungry law illiterate man children who will not be talked to as an equal.

i'm not one of the fuck da poleece guys by a massive margin but i think one of the biggest problems for police today is that they think they are some sort of moral authority as opposed to law enforcement.
>>
>>30559371
>using a bad meme to justify murder

/k/ intellectualism right here folks
>>
>>30559450
This is wrong.
Leave car ruining and just put it in park.
Turn interior light on if it's dark.
Hands on wheel, palms up preferably.
>>
Just get your wallet out as soon as your pulled over before the cop even gets to the door. He is going to ask for it, have you guys never been pulled over before?
>>
>>30558941
Honestly, I carry a money clip with a small wallet thing in the middle for my DL, etc and I put it into my left front pocket. Made me downsize from my massive wallet with a bunch of shit in it that I didn't need, and it makes life easier in the event of a traffic stop.
>>
>>30559512
>get pulled over in SC
>take out wallet in preparation to hand over license
>cop immediately tells me to step out of the vehicle
>wtf.bmp
>after making me put my hands on the hood of my hot ass truck he starts looking through it
>a few minutes later
>"the next time you get pulled over don't make any suspicious movements like fiddling around with your pockets or your seat. I thought you were hiding something"
>>
>>30559122
you just have to pull it out and have it ready once you see the cop lights in the rear view.

i would not reach anywhere into my pants if telling a cop I have a firearm on me.
>>
>>30559361
>I don't know why people let it become an issue.

Because the smallest mistake, like going for the wallet in your pocket when asked for ID, can result in you getting murdered by the guy who's supposedly there to serve and protect you.

When simply complying with the cop's instructions is no longer enough to ensure you survive a basic traffic stop then it's waaaaay past time to do something about the cops. (No Micah, you're not helping.)

>>30559467
Nothing more fun than seeking rock bottom it seems.
>>
>>30559132
The way the cop in the Castile shooting was panicked and clearly out of his right mind was pretty much proving he was trying to rewrite the narrative on the spot.
>>
If your a retard, please dont carry, and learn what to do for all situations you foresee yourself in.

For traffic stops here is a quick and easy solution.

1. Have ID, permit, and proof of insurance in your center counsel, I do this every time.
2. If/when pulled over, turn the dome light on above your head if dark.
3. DO NOT MOVE AROUND, moving around like a fucking tard tells them you are possibly hiding drugs, ect.
4. Grab your cards from the little pocket in the center console, have them in your left hand, near the window with your hands on the wheel.

Hand them the cards, at this point every situation is different, ive had it where they say "What are you carrying?" Then becomes a nice gun chat. Had it where they have had me get out and disarm me for their comfort. Normally its just a chat and a warning. Have not gotten a ticket since ive begun carrying and I have never felt threatened. I get pulled over alot because Im an aggressive driver driving 10-15 over. I also have afghan vet plates lol so that helps.

Just dont be fucking dumb, life will fuck you up if your dumb.
>>
>>30559048
I have my license and reg in the sun visor.
>>
File: ED-209_Based_On.jpg (118 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
ED-209_Based_On.jpg
118 KB, 500x400
>>30559508
>Hands on wheel, palms up preferably.

Assume the position, citizen!
>>
>>30558941
Fuck it, I'm getting a necklace/lanyard ID carrier because of all this shit.
>>
>>30559640
>not putting your license and insurance in a display on your driver side window

just how free do you think you are citizen?
>>
>>30559458
A core part of the issue is that they're being trained as if they're at war with crime, and not to provide a service to the community.
>>
>>30559616
>If your a retard, please dont carry, and learn what to do for all situations you foresee yourself in.
>For traffic stops here is a quick and easy solution.
>Just boot lick til your tongue is as shiny as the ofc boot, nevermind your rights as a human bean.
How bout you fuck off to a different shithole of your choosing? Maybe Britbongistan or Germany would better suit your pissant serf ideology.
>>
>>30559616
>Just dont be fucking dumb, life will fuck you up if your dumb.

Unless you're a cop
>>
>>30559564
Back pocketing your wallet's a good way to fuck up your back, anyways.
>>
>>30558941
The safest way to tell an officer you are carrying is the yell as loud as you can "ALLAHU AKBAR DEATH TO FASCIST COP DOGS!"
>>
>>30559616
>>30559640

Dont turn faggot, do what i said in the post above. Center consoles fine, they wont see your hands moving around, just grab um and have them ready. And dont fucking say "HER DER I HAVE GUN BER" They will assume you have a gun when you hand them a valid Permit. After that, keep your hands where they can see them.

>>30559628

Assume the position or end up like these dumb niggers.
>>
>>30559682
only if you carry a bunch of shit in your wallet. At most i have my debit card, ID and license

at most i have that and few bills as well my rifle and pistol card
>>
>>30559225
Is it to capture their soul?
>>
>carry because i'm living in a society where i could be mugged at any time
>cops are always on edge because anyone could be armed
>neither can afford to trust the other
>one sudden move and a perfectly harmless situation goes south
>news spreads
>people are becoming more nervous
>cops are more on edge
>more mistakes
>more dead
How would you break this cycle?
>>
>>30558987
>The rest is up to them.

Your safety is always up to you. Helping officer shakey along is just self preservation. Luckily I don't have too many fuckhead cops in my area. Maybe that's just what happens when stories of cops fucking up or cops being killed are blasted on the news constantly
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wrbat_P6Xc
>>
>>30559665

You have no rights. See you dead in the news soon i hope. Assuming you carry lol
>>
>>30559004
To many idiots think this is how the world works. You're wrong.

1. Yes, if a person is pointing a gun at you (or likely to shoot you) you should do whatever you can not to get shot. This rule applies to interactions with cops.

2. If a cop shoots you for not doing every possible step in part 1), it's still murder and he is responsible. "his hands were on the wheel with palms down instead of up" is not a valid reason to shoot somebody.
>>
>>30559664
agreed.

i hate cops who forget their job is to enforce existing laws to the extent that would be accepted by common sense

shooting a mother fucker for running a red light or having some illicit drugs is just a fancy way to commit murder
>>
>>30559719
Train cops better so they can learn how to respond in tense situations so you get less problems like this happening so the outlook can change eventually and the general public can trust the police
>>
>>30559048
Spare license doesnt cost much. Nice to keep a spare in the car

Bonus points if you have a fire/ems/rn badge. Blue cord is a gamble
>>
File: laughing russian sluts.jpg (200 KB, 534x800) Image search: [Google]
laughing russian sluts.jpg
200 KB, 534x800
>>30559726
>You have no rights.
pic related. So where you really from anyway?
>>
>>30559719
>>one sudden move and a perfectly harmless situation goes south

This is the same sort of logic soccer moms use when they see someone carrying a gun. "OMG he has a gun he could kill everyone in this room right now!" Cops are basically soccer moms who assume anyone with a gun is a violent killer and not a rational person carrying a gun for self defense. What's needed is for cops to learn some respect and to view armed individuals as human beings, not violent animals on a hair trigger. When they start treating other people reasonably they will have the same done to them, just like when they go around shooting people arbitrarily, they have the same done to them, as in Dallas. An armed society must be a polite society or it eventually won't be a society at all.
>>
Why are cops allowed to be fat and out of shape when they are expected to chase after criminals and subdue them?

In the military you get kicked out if you're out of shape or too fat
>>
>>30559319
Yes, there is. You always cuff the subject. Part of the reason is illustrated in that old Surviving Edged Weapons video where one of the officers being interviewed nearly had his hand cut off when a suspect who was totally dead got up and hacked at him with a machete.

The other part is that most officers do not have the training to declare someone dead, thus the person is legally alive and in police custody and needs to be handcuffed.
>>
>>30559665
I'd take a UK cop over a US cop any day of the week.
>>
>>30559786

Shits fucked man, not saying its not fucked, im talking about self preservation. Assume the position, asshole up, and get to go home and drink a beer. Too many wannabe rookies now days, skittish and jumpy. It fucking sucks but you gotta deal with it.

>>30559774

Midwest. Not shit IL however.
>>
>>30559791
>Part of the reason is old training videos
So basically Loretta Lynch should classify and redact the Dinkheller video then, since that is causing all this uprest?
>The other part is that most officers do not have the training(ie mental fortitude to find the carotid artery) to declare someone dead
So they apparently can memorize thousands upon thousands of words of statutes, but cannot do something as simple as locating a pulse? Oh wait, what am I saying, they dont member shit besides 'its us vs them' and everyone is guilty until proven innocent
>>
>>30559319
The best part of that video is the officers claiming they thought the man would injure the dog.

Then WHY THE FUCK would you bring the dog.

Then there are the situations where multiple officers are all shouting different orders
>>
>>30559786
I agree.

Its far more to the point that I should expect an officer to just reach for his gun for any reason, as opposed to an armed non-officer civilian.

People talk about not wanting police to walk on egg shells due to scrutiny, well how about they not walk like they're surrounded by claymore fucking mines or something. The average officer's job isn't even in the top 15 most deadly jobs anyways. I literally had more reason to be jumpy when I was a construction worker than most police do.

I think police training in some parts of the country spends far, far too much time on talking about how people are out to get cops and that they can be attacked at any time, etc, versus controlling a situation with de-escalation tactics.
>>
>>30559355
Holy fuck, that's literally all backwards.

How could they be that retarded. He was on the ground dying/dead and they were still ordering him to release the knife. He's fucking dead, you idiots.
>>
>>30559729
>We have investigated ourselves and found we did nothing wrong
>>
>>30559790
They chase people with patrol cars and helicopters is why. I read the fitness go for cops is that any two random average cops can physically subdue any single individual 99% of the time.
>>
>>30559786
>dude did you hear about officer fuckface over at 23rd pct?
>no?
>some old fuck put two in his vest in a traffic stop
>had to magdump the fuck through the door
>can't trust anyone these days
>>
>>30559790
Unions
>>
>>30559138
you dont get shot in Germany
>>
>>30559508
Rolling down the windows, if tinted, isn't a bad idea either.
>>
>duct tape hands palm up at 10 and 12 position of steering wheel
>yell through window of car "I am legally obligated to inform you that I am concealed carrying a firearm in a pocket. My license and registration are kept in the same pocket.I am legally obligated to inform you that one of my front pockets is missing. I am legally obligated to inform you that I am not wearing underwear. I consent to search and seizure."

Will I be shot?
>>
>>30559987
tell that to the gypsies and jews
>>
>>30559897
>Then there are the situations where multiple officers are all shouting different orders
This is a big problem.
One officer is in charge, one officer gives orders.
The others should just STFU except for relaying information and warnings to the others.
>>
>>30559987
Guess those officers didn't get that memo, huh?
>>
>>30559994

Probably.
>>
>>30559967
Any two moderately out of shape people can physically subdue a single individual 99% of the time

>>30559981
Why are unions allowed to exist if it lowers the standards of individuals allowed to be police
>>
>>30559994
I'd shoot you on principle alone.
>>
>>30559956
That's covered by 1), isn't it?

What I can't stand is the bootlickers who say 'the guy who got should should have done X' no matter how idiotic the cop is.
>>
>>30559873
>So they apparently can memorize thousands upon thousands of words of statutes

There sure fuckinf can't. Most of them don't know shit outside of the 20 things they may right tickets fro which are mostly traffic violations, drug/alcohol related or domestic violence
>>
>>30558941
Why don't people just have their license and registration ready before the cop walks over?
>>
Carry license and registration in a clear pouch around your neck. Wear handcuffs in advance. Tattoo ssn number to forehead. Hope the cop is in a good mood.
>>
>>30558941
>>30558941
of course not, you think the dumb idiots are thinking 1 step ahead when they are giving you arbitrary commands to display their power?

roids cloud judgement of mind
>>
>>30560037
If they see you fumbling around from a distance they'll get nervous and shoot you
>>
>>30560017
Because nobody votes in local elections, so any group that consistently does take an interest in local politics wields disproportional influence.

That and muh six million cops gunned down every year so dangerous american heroes
>>
>>30560003
Drawing is not shooting.
Last year 8 people where shot by cops, 7 times after being attacked with a knife, and one 75 year old with a gun.
>>
>>30559616
>Had it where they have had me get out and disarm me for their comfort
What the fuck? Is that even legal?
>>
>>30560004
>>30560027
>tfw loneliness is a capital offense
>>
>>30558987
>the rest is up to them
>OPs post literally shows how they are retarded and give you commands which bring you to the bring of getting shot
gg you will die someday at the hands of a blue blockhead

its better to just not let them know if legal, you have 4th amendment rights. of course if you are a retard with NRA and AR15 stickers all over your car, thats on you
>>
>>30559994
You'd probably shot a second after you said 'gun'
>>
>>30560034
in a sensible world
>pulled over for passing in the right lane
>cop tells me what i did wrong
>tell him its not illegal in this state
>he goes back to his computer and checks
>turns out i'm right
>he gives me my license and registration back and we both part ways

but in real life
>pulled over for passing on the right lane
>SIR PUT YOUR HANDS UP I SAID HANDS UP!!!!
>hands are on the roof of the car
>I SAID PUT YOUR FUCKING HANDS UP!
>I can't put them up any fucking more holy shit please don't kil-
>SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DON'T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT LET ME SEE YOUR LICENSE AND REGISTRATION
>reach down to get it from my pocket
>shot in the chest
>I TOLD YOU NOT TO MOVE! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU I TOLD YOU NOT TO MOVE
>>
>>30560058
Yep and if my buddy hadn't stopped rummaging around in his jacket he would have been wrestled to the ground if he's lucky or shot if he's not.
>>
>>30559987
That's because the average German is smart enough to comply once the cops draw on you.
The sort of "i din du noofin" or "am i being detained" that seems to be normal in the US doesn't exist outside of certain retards.
>>
>>30560089
so basically germans just bend over and take it
>>
>>30560037
>Why don't people just have their license and registration ready before the cop walks over?
They think you are stashing something and will ask to search your car, and when you say no, they will call the dog, which they are trained to sit when the guy whistles his breath or taps twice on the car. And to keep you there until the dog shows up and stop you from enforcing "reasonable time", they say their system is down, and they cannot pull up your registration. When you ask them to tell it to dispatch and verify it that way, they say it will tie up the radio waves and they cannot do that because 'what if' another more pertainant emergency arises? And when you tell him to get another squadcar there whos system works, they will report the nearest one is the k-9, and he is on his way, even though he is over 20 minutes away in the middle of another search.

The system is fucked.
>>
>>30559665
>being non-confrontational is equivalent to bootlicking
Ok fine do whatever you want then
>>
>>30560080
>if
>>
>>30560076
I literally cannot understand how amerifats can talk about 'muh freedoms' all day long while living like this.
>>
>>30560053
Don't forget that districts have been so heavily gerrymandered that nobody has to actually give a shit about opposing politics anymore.
>>
>>30559055
Exactly. Like they cant be burdened to train the 5% who uphold the law and reasonably expect the general public.
>>
>>30559790
A) That's racist/sexist/ageist/someothersortofist

B) A lot of it is the vest. I'm a spooky scary skeleton, and I look chubby in a vest. It's also like wearing a close-fitting sweater that doesn't breathe and fucks up you posture, so it's not easy to do physical stuff in.

>>30559873
>Part of the reason is old training videos
No, the reason is that if you're wrong, the suspect can still be capable of injuring or killing the officer or the public. This is illustrated by the example of an officer who thought he'd killed the suspect, but them almost got his hand cut off.

>but cannot do something as simple as locating a pulse?
There are legal standards for declaring a person dead, it is not as simple as finding a pulse. You need actual medical training of a certain level to be allowed to do it. My father was an EMT, he could not declare a person dead, more qualified people were required to make that determination.

Unless we start training all of our cops as paramedics they do not have the legal standing to determine if the suspect is dead. That means the suspect legally needs to be treated as being alive and in police custody, and thus needs to be cuffed.
>>
>>30560089
>German cops
>drawing firearms during a routine traffic stop

They will, however, beat the shit out of you.
>>
>>30558941
My go to us to say " for both our safety, officer, because my firearm is right next to my wallet, I believe you should remove my wallet from my pocket for me"

Its worked 5 times so far, officers have all been calm, polite, and two of them even complimented my handgun and we got into a discussion about it. M&p 9c.
Though I AM white.
>>
>>30560093
Yeah, asking if you're being detained when cops draw on you is really showing them who's boss.
>>
>>30560103
Is it that hard to just have your license and registration right next to you and not stashed away in some compartment?
>>
>>30560093
I would say complying with someone holding a weapon at you is not so much "bending over and taking it" as it is common fucking sense.
If the cops reaction is unreasonable it will be settled in court.
>>
>>30560127
>Though I AM white.

Nah. You know that little routine that dogs go through when a big dog meets a little dog, and the little dog freezes, squats, and lets the big dog shove its nose in its butthole and take a piss on it?

They like you because you did that for them.
>>
>>30560128
you nazis are pretty uppity
>>
>>30560127
>Miata driver gets pulled over
>"Officer, I keep my gun stashed down the front of my underpants, can you remove it for both our safety?"
>...Pause...
>"You're free to go"
>>
>>30560147
>If the cops reaction is unreasonable it will be settled in court.

The events of the last 2 years has shown that it really won't be settled in court. It won't get there, and if it does they'll always be found to be reasonable, no matter how insane the video made them look.
>>
File: 1463503082345.png (520 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1463503082345.png
520 KB, 640x360
>carrying
>not know how to deescalate a situation
>not knowing how to not make a situation worse

If you carry and aggravate a situation it's your fault. If you carry and cause a disturbance it's your fault. If you carry and start a problem it's your fault. If you carry and fuck up in any way shape or form it's your fault.

People who carry and don't understand that they have a responsibility higher than the average person need to just leave their gun at home.

It's like the fatass who bends over in public and prints so hard he has people calling the cops. Or the idiot who puts his wallet on the same side as his carry and makes it look like he is drawing when he goes to pay the cashier. Ore the moron who has to adjust his holster because he didn't want to pay the extra money for a proper one that fits.

Honestly don't make me quote spiderman here.
>>
>>30560157
>no matter how insane the video made them look.
Maybe because video evidence is only one piece of a case's evidence and you shouldn't take everything at face value?
>>
>>30560118
>No, the reason is that if you're wrong, the suspect can still be capable of injuring or killing the officer or the public. This is illustrated by the example of an officer who thought he'd killed the suspect, but them almost got his hand cut off.
>Always put everyone you meet in cuffs.
Seems that training video worked pretty well embedding itself in your mind, hence proving my point that showing Dinkheller vid is not helping anything besides getting cops on edge and leading to more unjustified shootings.

>There are legal standards for ____
>There are no legal standards for cops and excessive/unnecessary violence and infringing on basic human rights, as seen by drone-bombing a 'copkilla' holed up in a caddycorner in a concrete parking garage
sure thing buddy.
>>
>>30560128
>>30560147
this is why you guys lost in WWII
>>
>>30560182
>Japan bombs Pearl Harbour
>US diplomats sternly demand to know if they're being detained
>>
>pulled over
>Balls itch

What do
>>
>>30559574
This was my concern as well.
>>
>>30558941
Have your license, insurance, and registration out before they get to your car, faggot.
>>
Castile got shot because he told the officer that he was carrying WHILE reaching for his pocket to get his ID. Instead of taking a minute after the officer told him to get his ID to tell him that he had a firearm (which was on his right waist) and await further instruction, he just kept reaching (the officer claims in the video that he had shouted at him to stop reaching). This is further compounded by the fact that the officer who pulled him over thought he resembled the suspect in a recent armed robbery case.

AFAIK there's no official word yet, but Philando's girlfriend claims he had a CCW, some other people claim he didn't.
>>
>>30560129
>Is it that hard to just have your license and registration right next to you and not stashed away in some compartment?
It is illegal to knowingly possess more than one valid state issued DL at a time. And once again, cop sees you move before he gets there, and he wants to search the car.

>>30560147
>If the cops reaction is unreasonable it will be settled in court.
It never gets to court unless someone ends up dead or in the hospital. Judges will throw out petty shit for more 'pertainant' cases, and if it does have basis, will rule in favor of the police because 'same team, us vs them' mentality.

>>30560147
>I would say complying with someone holding a weapon at you
complete hostage/serf mentality. This is not what the Founding Fathers had in mind for this country.

>>30560156
That is what you think would happen, but he is gonna fingerbang your butthole under the guise of 'i thought i smelled drugs' to make sure you never keep it there again.

>>30560170
>If you carry and aggravate a situation it's your fault
Yea, Philandro sure aggravated that situation. Fuckin delusional statist....
>>
>>30560239
Were you there?
Has more information been released?
Because if not, you're making things up. Naughty.
>>
>>30560256
I'm going entirely on information from the video.
>>
>>30560170
See
>>30559729
>>
>>30560239
>Castile got shot because he told the officer that he was carrying WHILE reaching for his pocket to get his ID.
Even IF this is true, (and thats a big IF), who in their right mind would tell a cop they are carrying first before trying to get their gun and shoot them? Although that is not what happened, and just another narrative you bootlickers are trying to push.
>>
>>30560209
its so pathetically easy to turn you guys against the yanks
>>
>>30560262
At no point does anyone claim he 'kept reaching'.
>>
>>30560239
>This is further compounded by the fact that the officer who pulled him over thought he resembled the suspect in a recent armed robbery case.
Just like the two mexican ladies the LA officers thought was Dorner, right?

>>30560262
>I'm going entirely on information from the video.
>Of which shows absolutely none of what you just said.
good job.
>>
>>30560243
Saying you have a gun as you're reaching into your pocket is borderline retarded behavior . Arguing that doing so isn't his fault for fucking up that badly is some SJW hippy bullshit.
>>
>>30560262
Oh, and the Snopes article that investigated the claim that Philando was an Armed Robbery suspect.

>>30560267
>who in their right mind would tell a cop they are carrying first before trying to get their gun and shoot them?
Who's to say the person you pull over is in their right mind? You tell the cop you're armed, they take your info and start walking back to their car, you unload in their back.

>>30560277
Watch the video and pay attention to what all parties are actually saying, not what the tone of the video is. Last time someone said that, the women were asian, now they're mexican? I'm not saying it was right, I'm saying it impacted the situation exponentially.

>>30560274
The cop does, and the woman states that he told the officer whilst reaching for his wallet.
>>
>>30560306
The cop who's screaming like a maniac?

The woman says 'you told him to get his id sir'.
>>
>>30560243
>It is illegal to knowingly possess more than one valid state issued DL at a time
That has nothing to do with anything I said. What cops are you dealing with that constantly want to search your car when you get your license? Honestly, I think if you're being pulled over this much and every time you reach to get your license you cause suspicion it might be you that's the problem.
>>
>>30560289
lick those boots, boy
>>
>>30560335
>The cop who's screaming like a maniac?
Yes, that one. There are words there, use your ears or find a transcript.
>>
>>30560277
Hopefully closer to Jones and Diallo, and not a case of arr rook same.

>>30560267
>who in their right mind would tell a cop they are carrying first before trying to get their gun and shoot them?
Maybe he lacked eloquence and just said, "I've got a gun." or something similar.
>>
>>30560061
They do illegal stuff all the time, but people are courteous or submissive enough to let them.
>>
>>30560113
Yeah, it's really the one thing we deal with. And all the other things.

But can I just say? I'd rather be killed FOR open/concealed carrying than for NOT carrying at all.
>>
>>30560243
>complete hostage/serf mentality. This is not what the Founding Fathers had in mind for this country.
Doesn't matter what they had in mind, dead men have no constitutional rights.
If you die contesting an unlawful order from the police you have won nothing.
>>
>>30560354
He screams "I told him to stop reaching". That doesn't equal "and he kept reaching".

You're inferring the rest, bucko.
>>
>>30558941
Fuck the police, fuck cops. Dallas needs to happen again and again and again and again. Wtf do you pigs think was going to happen? You sit there and murder people and get all butthurt when the people fight back.
>>
>>30560380
Sure. I'm just sort of shocked that cops get away with so much. Keeping cops professional seems like something that conservatives should support, but it seems not.
>>
>>30560408
>spot the basketball american
>>
>>30560431
kek
>>
>>30560289
>Saying you have a gun as you're reaching into your pocket is borderline retarded behavior .
yea, except that isn't what happened in that situation you dumb fuck. Also, completely ignoring my narrative because its reasonable and doesnt include 8 flavors of Kiwi just makes you look like a piece of subhuman filth.

>>30560306
>You tell the cop you're armed, they take your info and start walking back to their car, you unload in their back.
>"Hey officer I'm CCWing, heres my info and registration, but I just told you all that as a courtesy so you are not surprised when I unload into your tax-payer-bought, top-of-the-line, replaced-every-3-years, kevlar-protected back when you are walking away to check it."
makes complete sense to you, doesn't it?

>>30560338
>Honestly, I think if you're being pulled over this much and every time you reach to get your license you cause suspicion it might be you that's the problem.
project and grasp at straws much? Just like those "cuff everyone" videos taught you, there are other videos that say "if you see the traffic stop fidgiting or moving around inside their car, even if its a nice car, then they could be hiding something" Nice cars hide coke and pills, while ghettomobiles hide crack and weed. Don't spout incorrigible bullshit Judge Dredd.
>>
>>30560424
The judicial system has something alarmingly more soft than "kid gloves" on when dealing with our blue.
>>
>>30560398
>If you die contesting an unlawful order from the police you have won nothing.
>The serf/pissant peasant mentality strikes again!
Wanna know how I know youre a selfish childminded piece of shit? You are literally the parable of the son who held onto the two coins his father gave him before going away on a trip.
>>
>>30560485
Jesus fuck you are retarded, you comply long enough to get the upper hand.
When they already have a gun to your head what the fuck are you gonna do?
Draw?
>>
>>30558941
dumbass you don't bring the gun up unless asked.
>>
>>30560454
Exaggerating much? There are plenty of people that have their license and registration out before the officer gets to their car and nothing bad happens to them. There's a clear difference between that and fidgeting and/or moving around the inside of a car. Nice with the Judge Dredd reference, I didn't realize me mocking you made me an evil tyrant.
>>
>>30560408
>Dallas needs to happen again and again and again and again.
except until the whole 'uncooked' story is released, it was still an injustice. It was basically a retaliatory attack on a completely different dept and place that only had one thing in common, cops.

(I'll ignore how it was actually a Clitnton Foundation coverup to take the heat off of Comey and her)

Notice how the media hasn't reported anything on WHY the bus cop was killed yet? My guess is that is where it started, with the bus cop infringing on this guys OC rights and escalating it by drawing on him and putting him at gunpoint. At which case, he blasted him and it was all downhill from there.

Another thing is, if this situation would of happened in BR, shit woulda went DEFCON1. The problem here is that these cops who are murdering citizens are not brought to justice.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/infant-responsible-grenade-thrown-face/

http://www.copblock.org/149369/deputy-aquited-in-baby-bou-bou/
>"It was the baby's fault for being there" - Grand (nigger-rigged) Jury
>>
>>30559726
>You have no rights
I have just as many rights as you pig.
>>
I've never been pulled over by a cop, but since I carry, I have played out the situation in my mind thousands of times. The most cautious approach for me to take, as a citizen, is to get my wallet and registration out and have them in hand prior to the cop approaching the car and initiating contact. If somehow I can't do that, then I would keep my hands on the wheel or otherwise visible (like on the car door through the window, visible as the cop walks up), and inform the officer of every time I will be moving them.

>Officer, I have a concealed-carry permit and I am currently carrying the firearm on my right hip. How would you like to proceed?
>>Please remove the firearm and hand it to me.
>I am going to reach very slowly for the firearm on my right hip to remove it and hand it to you. Is that OK?

>>Please hand me your license and registration
>Officer, I am going to reach for my wallet, which is in the right rear pocket of my pants. Is that OK?

I don't like the boot-licker attitude either, but I don't want to die. This all seems like a common sense approach to handle the situation. The human brain loses some cognitive ability when fear is part of the equation, and you can't count on a cop to even understand the full consequences of his own lawful commands. When possible, I would ask for confirmation or comprehension unless it's a command with actual urgency, like "Show me your hands" or "Get on the ground," where a moment's hesitation could result in you dead.
>>
File: 1459608985103.jpg (22 KB, 627x626) Image search: [Google]
1459608985103.jpg
22 KB, 627x626
>>30560408
>>
>>30560563
It doesn't matter what department it is, or what state or "group of cops" it is. All cops are the same. All cops are pigs and if you join the police force, you are just another robot. Innocent cops died? Let's talk about the innocent people the police has murdered. We are so worried about fucking terrorism when our own police force has killed more people in the last few years alone. I feel no empathy towards the pigs that died in dallas. Also, I'm white just in case people start calling me a nigger or something.
>>
>>30560562
>There are plenty of people that have their license and registration out before the officer gets to their car and nothing bad happens to them.
Sure, just like there are ATF agents smuggling millions of guns into Mexico and nothing bad happens to them.

And don't act like it doesn't happen. If I even bring up a personal reference, you'll start with the "bad friends/get different friends" retort, and "how its never happened to you, so it doesn't happen anywhere", "Maybe ____" "Perhaps you should change _____" and all the other bullshit you have ready to spout to 'protect ta honoraburu bois in blu' narrative you promote.

Instead of noticing a trend and saying the fuckin cunt was at fault, you are on the same tier as neonazi's except its a neocop state of mind.

Tell me what the black guy at the gas station should of done different in OP.
>b-but he shoulda just got on his hands and knees and told the ofc to put him in cuffs and get his ID and reg himself!
>>
>>30559699
Problem is I don't want to forget my license in my car. Lanyard it stays on me, but it's not near my waist, so it doesn't look like I'm reaching for a gun.
>>
>Armed populace
>Right to due process

Both of these things are still a thing because it assumes you can obey authority once in a while.

>NOT GONNA LICK ANY BOOTS
Then I sure as fuck hope you either aren't carrying a gun or plan to use your gun if you get pulled over, dickhead.
>>
File: 1467449241877.png (135 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1467449241877.png
135 KB, 300x300
>>30560563
I honestly think people would be much more content with things if the cops who fucked up fried instead of getting off like in china.

but then again, the issues are deep seated and more blood isn't always the way to go about things.
>>
>>30560594
>The human brain loses some cognitive ability when fear is part of the equation
so basically, with you already half-retarded and only interested in self-preservation, you have an IQ the same as your shoesize?

>All this bootlicking narrative to condition the younger generation browsing here
fuck off cunt, I know you want a bigger part of the $1mil CF 'set "facts" "straight" on internet forums' pie, but you srsly need to look inside and see just what kind of wretch you are.
>>
>>30560662
Your post makes no sense and contains no arguments.
>>
>>30560662
>>30560581
>>30560485
>>30560454
>>30560408
Nigger detected. Go home tyrone, this site is for white people.
>>
>>30560627
>ATF agents smuggling millions of guns into Mexico
>because corruption has existed that means everyone apart of the government system is corrupt
Not an argument.

>Tell me what the black guy at the gas station should of done different in OP.
I don't know anything of the situation outside of the video and it would be foolish for any of us to pretend that we do without all the proper evidence.
>>
>telling him you have a gun
Why. It just complicates things.
>>
>>30560607
>It doesn't matter what department it is, or what state or "group of cops" it is.
but it does, the message instills deeper when it is direct retaliation against the offending party, in their locale.
>All cops are the same. All cops are pigs and if you join the police force, you are just another robot.
I don't like absolutes, esp when it comes to defining people, but I won't go downplaying bullshit like this trend of copkillings. Im this guy here>>30560243 And I don't think the Dallas killing was a valid and correct response to the killings of Sterlings, Castile, and Jones. It did drive a message, but it just set precedents for more violent and unwanted actions towards citizens, ie explosive dronestriking non-imminent threats and hostage-negotiations failing almost in their entirety with 'special phones'

>Innocent cops died?
Its circumstantial. As I said before, there has been no release as to why the FART cop was killed, and iirc, it was announced as he was one of the two first announced dead, which supports the infringing on OC reason I posted of earlier.
>Let's talk about the innocent people the police has murdered. We are so worried about fucking terrorism when our own police force has killed more people in the last few years alone.
Yes, 300 circa 2013, 550 circa 2014, and 1000+ circa 2015 is an indisputable fact of a trend, and with it growing exponentially, shit needs to change with police dept mentality. You can hear it in the tone of Chief Keef's press reports and when he was on live news that it was gonna end up a 'no prisoners' situation
>I feel no empathy towards the pigs that died in dallas.
While you see it that way, it was not true justice. It is on par with British colonial thinking of, "one soldier gets killed in town A, kill 10 subjects in town B"
>Also, I'm white just in case people start calling me a nigger or something.
Everyone is a nigger here, you /k/unt.
>>
>>30560750
When he goes back to his car and runs your license, he will find out anyway. Not telling him adds a dimension of complication: either you are hiding the fact because you don't want him to find out, or you forgot. Either way, when he returns to your car, he may have his gun drawn.
>>
>>30560767
>Yes, 300 circa 2013, 550 circa 2014, and 1000+ circa 2015 is an indisputable fact of a trend, and with it growing exponentially

Jesus, really? Do you have a source?

If thats true that is very telling. If the number ends up 1500-2000+ this year then it'll be really striking.

I have no idea what police training is like, but whatever they're doing needs to fucking change.
>>
>>30560776
>when he returns to your car, he may have his gun drawn.
improper and illegal. Cops are not soldiers, they are bound by the same ethics and rules as CCW holders are. Guns are not to be brandished to show force, and that does nothing but escalate the situation. There is a reason they wear armor, in addition to it protecting them. It is supposed to allow them more reason to be the bigger man in a situation while leaving them more levelheaded.

>>30560688
>The simpleminded cannot understand context

>>30560655
>I honestly think people would be much more content with things if the cops who fucked up fried instead of getting off like in china.
None of this shit would be going on at this magnitude if that was the case. Time and time again it is shown that a badge or any affiliation with govt employment gets you not only a 'get out of jail free' card, but a 'dont even get arrested or put in cuffs' card.
>>
>>30560827
http://killedbypolice.net/

someone made a graph and posted it, but just go look there. Its already up to 600 just for this year.
>>
>>30560838
>improper and illegal. Cops are not soldiers, they are bound by the same ethics and rules as CCW holders are. Guns are not to be brandished to show force, and that does nothing but escalate the situation. There is a reason they wear armor, in addition to it protecting them. It is supposed to allow them more reason to be the bigger man in a situation while leaving them more levelheaded.
This just tells me that you don't understand anything about officer safety protocols when weapons are involved.
>>
>>30560877
>A CWL showing up on the laptop automatically means weapons are involved
This just tells me that you don't understand anything about anything. Good job meathead, you are part of the problem.
>>
File: 1403530194236.webm (2 MB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1403530194236.webm
2 MB, 848x480
I've only been pulled over twice (seatbelt & speeding) and both times I already had my wallet in my hand, window rolled down, and my hands on my steering wheel before the officer had even left his squad car. I never told them I was carrying (not a legal requirement in my state) and they never asked.

I guess it helps I am white living a largely white 60k pop city.
>>
File: copbingo.jpg (35 KB, 552x523) Image search: [Google]
copbingo.jpg
35 KB, 552x523
already bingoed twice!
>>
>>30559350
Most shifts are going to go smoothly though and that video wouldn't need to be stored. Maybe keep the videos for 2 weeks for a buffer if any issues arise. There has to be a way to show the public that cops are going to be held accountable. There have been too many situations where officers outright lie to cover their own asses.
>>
>>30559574
Illegal search
>>
>>30560854
Some of those are motor vehicle accidents and not the cops fault.
>>
>>30558941
LEO here.
There is nothing we hate more than armed civilians. If you say that there is a firearm in the vehicle I am instantly put on high alert, I need to (if need be) kill you before you kill me.

We don't want CCW, we don't like CCW-holders and if the jittery cops cause CCW-holders to leave their guns at home - that's a net win for society.

Leave the guns at home. Don't have them on your person, and obey commands at all times. You might have legal rights, but in reality you just might get shot to death. Me and my colleagues will not risk dying just because some wannabe cops want to carry firearms.
>>
French here, why don't your gvt build public schools for every police forces in the usa so they have the same quality of training and technics ?
From what i've read over here, lapd for exemple are one of the best which isn't normal.
>>
File: holyshit.jpg (220 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
holyshit.jpg
220 KB, 3000x3000
>>30561001
>>
>>30561001
(You)
>>
>>30559665
This anon is correct, too many bootlickers on k nowadays.
>>
>>30559664
>they're at war with crime,
This.
they're pretty much at war with the entire population. thanks to 60 years of "War on Drugs" "War on violence" War on this and that.
its a fucking mantra and a complete psychosis in the minds of govt of all levels.
They all act as though they have some natural moral superiority over all others. the common person is basically all criminals or suspected terrorists.
Its hard not to view all LE as sociopaths
>>
>>30559719
Body cameras and then make examples of some cops that overstep authority. Also, no unions. Public unions are parasites on the taxpayer anyways.
>>
>>30561013
Yes, even more Federal hands on into State matters. That sounds like an excellent plan.
>>
File: 1YWbUXA.gif (297 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1YWbUXA.gif
297 KB, 500x281
>>30561001
>>
>>30561001
just kys and burn in an eternal fire
>>
>>30559665
>/k/ going who loves cops and the state
>afghan war vet

Oh that explains it. You're one of those idiots they sent to the sandbox to protect us from uh... gravel and imminent iraqi WMD attacks. Nice, that explains everything
>>
>>30558971
>>30559004
You should not have to take a class on how to survive a traffic stop. The cop initiated the stop. The cop approached you. The cop asked you to see your license. Your only duty is to comply as necessary.

You should be able to survive a traffic stop without any knowledge of how to act around cops, or what 'courtesies' to show them.

The fact that people are even saying 'This is how you should act, and you will survive' is more then enough evidence that cops are twitchy, jumpy, trigger happy, untrained, and not in the right mindset to be doing the job that they do.
>>
>>30560113
We've been propagandized to believe it. It's an illusion just like a hell of a lot of other things about our country.
>>
File: ip4o7KC.jpg (242 KB, 1024x864) Image search: [Google]
ip4o7KC.jpg
242 KB, 1024x864
As a lowly civilian I am sure to enunciate each move I am about to make. Last time I told the cop my wallet was in my back pocket and I was going to reach for it and he said not to pull out anything stupid and it would be ok.
>>
>>30561050
You might hate me, but I'm still the one you call when you need help.

Do yourself a favor and leave the gun at home. We don't want armed civilians, and as you can see it's not good. Neither for society, police or the civilians in question
>>
>>30560999
yea, thats why I said those numbers, someone made an unbiased chart. I tried searching The Economist, cause they had they same format, but cant be assed to spend more time finding it. Its got 3 vertical bars, going up left to right.

>>30561001
>Me and my colleagues will not risk dying just because some wannabe cops want to carry firearms.
>instantly put on high alert when someone gives you the -courtesy- to inform you they are carrying
>You MIGHT have legal right
>OBEY
>no guns but my gun is net win for society
you sound like a wannabe cop due to the fact you don't see yourself as a public SERVANT but rather 'a force to be reckoned with'. How bout you go fuck yourself? Your mentality is part of the problem, and you should probably work on that....
>b-but I'm a cop, no one tell ME what to do, I tell YOU!
people you just add fuel to this guys fire >>30560607
>>
Only been pulled over once, but all I did was just take my wallet out of my pocket as I was stopping my car. My hand had to be at my side anyway because I drive a manual and had to downshift. By the time I was fully stopped, my wallet was in the cup holder, and my hands were on the steering wheel. I wasn't carrying, so I didn't even mention my LTCH. Gave him my license and registration stuff, and he just said to slow down and then left.
>>
>>30561104
>but I'm still the one you call when you need help.
thats right, that paperwork aint gonna fill itself out. If you gave me the paperwork and the credentials to fill it out myself, I would do it myself cause there are assloads of inept fucktards out there, but you guys dont like handing out online creds to the lowly 'thems'

>'dey NEED us!'
>'Society would fall into chaos without us!'
or maybe its because we cannot fill out that accident report ourselves and get paid to do it at the same time, or dust for prints when a car gets stolen. Oh wait thats right, you guys didn't even bother because I wasnt part of 'tha brutterhuud in blu' so you dont have to do your full job, just your B-game.
>6 months and we got no leads on the case, so we are closing it.
>not due to the fact you fucks did nothing with the evidence that presented itself.
>>
>>30561109
Yes, I am a servant. You might think it's cool to walk around with a gun, and you might think it's curteous to "inform" me that you have a gun. But the only thing we think when you say that is that we might not come home that day. I am not risking it.

Read this, written by a fellow officer: http://lawofficer.com/2016/07/follow-commands-or-die/

This is not a joke, it's not like your video games, you just might end up being shot if you do not obey an officer when he commands you to do something.

LEAVE YOUR GUNS AT HOME.
>>
>>30561180
Statist swine.

>follow-commands-or-die
You are the enemy.

>LEAVE YOUR GUNS AT HOME.
SHALL
>>
>>30561180
>and you might think it's curteous to "inform" me that you have a gun.
Ok cool, so you'd rather not inform me, so you can "walk back up to the car with your gun drawn" because "CWL showed up, weapons are involved"
Way to prove just how much a wannabe oper8r you desire to be. But you too pussy for that, you like it only when your opponents are unarmed.
>And they wonder where the "thug without that badge and gun" comes from

>that link
The guy cannot even get the facts straight about the Slager shooting, why in the fuck would I listen to a word of his statist propaganda?
>>
>>30561180
What is your badge number and city of employment? I want to check the obituaries for your town so I can tell your loved ones a cucked pig died and not their son.
>>
>>30559106
>literally dindu nuffin

I'm glad that fucking asshole cop got found guilty
>>
>>30561263
>>30561222
>statist this statist that

I bet you are the kind of people that would say "am I free to go", "am I being detained".
>>
>>30561288
Keep pushing piggies, only going to end in more events like Dallas where you get your shit pushed in by a POG. All that heightened alertness and militarization and y'all got fucked up by a nasty girl carpenter. lmao pathethic
>>
>>30559155
Maybe you can fill us in a bit more. I know it's extremely stupid to assume stuff as a cop but does someone telling you they are lawfully armed put you more on edge? I would be put slightly more at ease (depending upon the interaction up until that point) because I would know that this person is not a felon, cared enough to inform, and probably is less likely to have I'll intentions.

I would worry more that someone is possibly armed and not telling me vs the guy who does claim to have a gun legally.
>>
>>30559311
>and the officer just plead guilty and hasn't been sentenced yet.
Lemme tell you something. Our police chief was found guilty of embezzling over $7mil worth of taxpayer money, (and thats just what they could pin on him). He was supposed to do 7 years in prison. FL has a 85% rule, with NO parole after 2004(iirc). He was out within 2 years, (his trial and jailtime was ~16 months, so basically only 6 months of prison time) with probation. No media reports of his early release, or how in the fuck he got out basically on parole even though there IS NO parole. Now tell me how exactly that is "equal justice for all"?
>>
>>30561180

>But the only thing we think when you say that is that we might not come home that day.

big whoop. you signed up to be a cop so you should understand the risks. just because someone has a gun doesn't mean they're going to shoot you. the reason you get paid is because you should be able to act appropriately and logically to the situation you're in.
>>
>>30561341
Yes, I risk my life every day to protect lives. Including my own. And I will go to extreme lengths to protect my own life, even if that means shooting you in front of your wife and kids. Listen hero, we don't need armed citizens, we have law enforcement. If you walk around armed you are clearly not a functioning member of society. Read the article I linked earlier.
>>
File: police squad4.gif (2 MB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
police squad4.gif
2 MB, 350x280
>>30558941
Two easy steps to not get shot by police:

1: Slowly do what they say when they say it.
2: There's only one step.
>>
>>30561377
>If you walk around armed you are clearly not a functioning member of society.
double standard much? You are just hitting every spot on that bingo chart.
>>
>>30560607
>Also, I'm white just in case people start calling me a nigger or something.
Of course you're white. Anyone can tell by the content of your post. Whites are the only people who whine like that.
>>
>>30561377

This makes me glad for Dallas. With any luck, some dindu will send your wife to ID a body.

Its not edgy, it's karma in action.
>>
File: We're Mostly a Nice State.png (32 KB, 435x347) Image search: [Google]
We're Mostly a Nice State.png
32 KB, 435x347
>>30561001
Here's your you.
>>
>>30561377

>if you walk around doing something that is your right, you are clearly not a functioning member of society

are we being trolled right now
>>
>>30560941
What shit tier state is seat belt a valid reason for stop?
>>
>>30561288
I try to minimize my interactions with police as a general rule. If I see them ahead while walking, I will try to find another way. When they are near me in traffic, I switch lanes and slow down to let them pass. When they are in a restaurant, I sit far away from them.

If a cop were to stop me while I was walking and question me, I would say that I am in a hurry, and ask if I am free to go. If he beats around the bush and says "I'm asking you a question", then I will ask if I am being detained, because I have no legal obligation to interact with him in my state.

I was once photographing of an industrial facility from the opposite side of the road at night, taking 30 second exposures of the cooling towers. Four police vehicles pulled in behind me, and 8 cops emerged from them. Four cops started walking around my vehicle while four more approached me. Because it was obvious I was operating a vehicle, I allowed him to see my diver's license. He explicitly stated that I was doing nothing illegal, and I stated that I knew that. I continued to photograph the facility for an additional 15 minutes while all 8 cops suspiciously observed me. Instead of patrolling neighborhoods, or doing something useful, 8 cops watched me take pictures for a while. When I packed up to leave, the cop who ran my ID said he was keeping my name in his little booklet. The entire encounter was both amusing and annoying, in part because 8 cops watched a white guy with a film camera take pictures for 15 minutes

The above example is the only annoying interaction I have had with police, following the rules above.

So the answer is yes, unless I am legally obliged to interact with the officer, I will ask if I am free to go. If he beats around the bush without answering my question, I will ask if I am being detained.
>>
>>30561422
Like I said, you may hate me. But I will still help you when you call for help.

Keep acting like a militiaman and we will keep treating you like one
>>
>>30561377
Pretty sure this is bait. If not, this guy doesn't belong in the USA.
>>
>>30558941
Reading all the responses in this thread, the best solution I can come up with is this: cease doing traffic stops for minor offenses like broken taillight, old tags or failure to signal. The police-citizen interaction is messed up, and I understand that cops are afraid that they pulled over the wrong guy and that he will suddenly shoot them and speed away if he has drugs in the car or something, because it *does* happen.

Traffic stops are a cheap way to pick up minor fines, and while I understand their purpose in keeping drivers safe, a lot of the time they are used as fishing expeditions for other potential crimes and can too easily lead to situations like these shootings if something goes even slightly wrong. For something that's actually dangerous, like speeding, set up a speed trap and attach a camera with license plate reader: you can just mail the ticket to the owner's address. I suppose you would still have to do traffic stops for reckless driving and suspected DUI, but that seems serious enough to justify the risk of a potential bad encounter, unlike when it's a broken taillight.
>>
>>30561446

Frankly, if I defend myself, I have to call you, or I'll get charged with not reporting. I don't get another option unfortunately, because 100% of the time I would not chose you if actually given a choice.
>>
>>30561446
>carrying a gun for self defense is comparable to being a militiafag

being a cop, you should know how relatively slow your response time is to a call. If someone is trying to kill me its simply not feasible to call the cops for help, you guys just can't respond that fast. That's why people carry guns, so that if their life is threatened, they have the means to save themselves instead of having to rely on you as their only hope.
>>
>>30561445
This, I treat cops like I treat a big unknown dog. He might be a teddy bear but I have no way of knowing that. Too many abuses to take a risk interacting with one. I just avoid as best I can.
>>
>>30561476
Well said, anon. Lots of cops are great people who I would be able to have a fun chat with about laws, politics, guns, etc. Some are not.

Its not worth the risk.
>>
>>30561445
>taking 30 second exposures of the cooling towers.
nigger aint no industral facility has cooling towers besides those powerplants with big beaker steamers. And if that is the case, that is understandable, but still borderline harassment.

>>30561446
Funny thing is you think everyone is a threat until they are in cuffs, and then they are only half-a-threat. Why not tell us a story where you kept your cool and played the bigger man, and then tell us your bodycount thusfar.
>>
>>30561001
no
>>
File: CoolingTower.jpg (450 KB, 676x1000) Image search: [Google]
CoolingTower.jpg
450 KB, 676x1000
>>30561535
Here is an example.
>>
You people are hopeless cop-haters.
I gave you fair advice: obey or commands and leave your guns at home if you want a much higher chance of surviving the encounter. If you want to take risks - do it, just know that we won't. You just might get a HP in the heart.

Leaving this cop hating thread now. Keep waving your madsen flags, just know that we are outnumbering and outgunning you. Every stand of between you militia-crazies and the government have been in the governments favor. That goes from Waco to Yallqaeda. From Dorner to the Dallas sniper.

Over and out.
>>
>>30561587

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out bro. I'm a constable and even I think you're being a dick.
>>
>>30561587
Go suck start your service pistol, piggy.
>>
>>30561565
>Go snapping pics of cherynobl with tripod and bigass DSLR for almost an hour
>expected nothing
While you would think this would be how it is.....I guess it is not. At least they weren't dicks and kept it mostly legal.

I can imagine the deafening silence could be cut with a butterknife when 8 dudes were watching you take pics. Did you offer to email them the finished product so they could postersize it for their main office floor? They turned out pretty well, besides the fact you didnt use RAW
>>
File: Capture.png (20 KB, 367x220) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
20 KB, 367x220
>>30561565
>>
>>30561622
Marisa's real name is Brady Pruitt?

Well I'll be fucked.
>>
>>30561620
I used Velvia 100 film.

>>30561622
Oooo scary! Go through my stream, theres lots of good stuff in there.
>>
>>30561645
>I used Velvia 100 film.
shoulda went slower, and with a tinted lens. The black sky up top throws off the picture.
>>
>>30561435

Many of them

it's horse shit, but they'll pull you over to protect you from yourself
>>
>>30561001
I've been LAPD 17 years, and I highly disagree with your statements. Because of our socioeconomic geography, I will concede that there are a far HIGHER number of anti-2A cops here in the left coast, however that doesn't mean LEOs all universally or even generally agree that armed citizenry is bad, in the same way we believed Prop 47 was universally bad.

I went out of my way over the years to help out Calgunners get out of petty disputes when I was a patrol admin. Encountered a few rare CCW carriers here in SoCal, and even helped a father who had come help his daughter change a flat tire in the middle of the night near USC Colliseum and he was partially covered Mexican carrying in his pants, and it was a rough neighborhood. He did what any father would have in the circumstances, never mind the fact that he's hispanic and I'm in an area of the city where nearly 40% of all homicides were committed at one point.

Not all of us are blind to shoot, persecute, or prejudice against responsible firearm carriers.
>>
File: 1460134169398.gif (2 MB, 350x283) Image search: [Google]
1460134169398.gif
2 MB, 350x283
>>30561641
>>30561622
>>30561565
and that is why you don't brag with photos on 4chan, it takes 1 minute to find your real name
>>
>>30559786
>Cops are basically soccer moms who assume anyone with a gun is a violent killer and not a rational person carrying a gun for self defense.
>ignoring the fact that this isn't just happening to people who are armed
In fact, I'm pretty sure most of the people getting shot aren't armed, which is part of the uproar.

When Dorner still hadn't been backed into a corner, and two mexican ladies had their truck shot to shit by the police, were they armed? No.
>>
>>30558941
As soon as their lights go on i grab my wallet. And i keep my car info clipped to the visor.
After that everythings in my hand and on the wheel.
Too many nervous cops out there.

I even had one ask me what i was doing.
I explained it to him and he agreed.

Keep all your shit in plain sight before he gets to the car.
>>
>>30559240
I would have believed her in the past, but after handsupdontshoot.jpg, I'm a little more hesitant to pass judgement until I know more.

Has it been announced whether he did actually have a carry license? I heard one claim that he didn't.

And then there was that other guy, who was a felon with a gun in his pocket. I don't see a case against the police for that one, honestly.
>>
>>30561746
>b-but we though maybe they were BOTH Dorner!
>>
File: 1464027303635.jpg (25 KB, 279x346) Image search: [Google]
1464027303635.jpg
25 KB, 279x346
>>30561735
Kowaii yo~ uguu~
>>
>>30561094
This
>>
>>30561746
>In fact, I'm pretty sure most of the people getting shot aren't armed, which is part of the uproar.
I'm fairly sure the opposite is true, and the media is just going apeshit because they're black.
>>
>>30561735
Not like you're going to do shit with it...

*cough* sign him up for something gay.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.