[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about grabbing a M&P15-22 for range training since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Thinking about grabbing a M&P15-22 for range training since it's similar to the AR-15, plus I don't need it for defense right now, then later on grabbing a 9mm pistol, and once im good enough with the M&P15-22, grab a AR-15 (assuming it hasn't been banned yet).

Do any of you have any other suggestions? Not really interested in the 10/22 because of the looks, as well as how difficult it is to clean and such.
>>
>Not really interested in the 10/22 because of the looks
Get a marlin model 60 and stop being tryhard
>>
>>30557124
Just get an AR-15 with a .22 upper receiver famalam
>>
>>30557210
>Just get an AR-15 with a .22 upper receiver famalam

JP-22 & Nordic uppers are the top tier for AR15s in .22LR afaik.
Cost a pretty penny.
>>
>>30557124
Why is a Ruger 10/22 hard to clean?
>>
File: 1448892681583.jpg (74 KB, 579x720) Image search: [Google]
1448892681583.jpg
74 KB, 579x720
>>30557124
I have both the Ruger and M&P

M&P is ridiculously easy to shoot, the AR design is easy to shoot in .223 but honestly man if you want to get the .22 first then more power to ya, that's how I started (first with single shot .22 bolt action)
>>
>>30557302
It isn't really, unless you're retarded. But this is /k/, where we are all retarded. Hope this helped.
>>
>>30557302
Meant to reply to >>30557124 as well.
Gotta stop doing this hungover and early.
>>
>>30557124
Just buy a normal ar pussy. For one, plenty of 10 year olds learn how to shoot one without incident. For two, .22lr is still hard to find where I am and you know it won't get better with the election coming.
For three, ARs are going to start going up in price any minute now.
>>
>>30557124
If you want a tacticool .22, there is no better rifle on the market. It was my first gun and after I learned a few things about firearms, Im glad I went with that instead of some lower end tactical .22

>price is fair
>reliable
>inexpensive mags
>well balanced

Cons
>little aftermarket support aside from bolt on accessories
>proprietary selector switch due to thicker receiver
>said selector is not compatible with some aftermarket trigger groups.
>>
>>30557124
Why the fuck do you think you need to get a .22 AR pattern rifle to train with instead of one in 5.56?

If you absolutely 100% never shot before I see where you are coming from, but 5.56 has very little kick.
I've taken a brand new shooter out with a 10.5" ar and she had no problems with flinching.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.