[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just spitballing here, but how does a clip loaded pistol caliber
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: keltec1.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
keltec1.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Just spitballing here, but how does a clip loaded pistol caliber (I'm thinking about .357, .45 LC and .44 mag) carbine sound? Sort of like if a garand, sub 2000 and a mares leg fucked and had a kid
>>
>>30555037
Like a worse idea than buying Desert Eagle mags for a .357 or .44 Mag carbine.
>>
>>30555037
>Clip
>>
>>30555037
>clip
>>
Pointless when PCCs like the sub 2000 exist. PCCs are already a niche market to begin with. I get the sub 2k which is why I bought one, and I understand the PCC lever actions too, but trying to market a clip fed PCC in today's market...

I just don't see it going anywhere. Dumber guns have taken off though, so what do I know.
>>
>>30555074
>>30555079
>en bloc
>>
File: c96clips8rd.jpg (40 KB, 800x434) Image search: [Google]
c96clips8rd.jpg
40 KB, 800x434
>>30555074
>>30555079
Yes, clip, as in pic related
>>
>>30555105
Not really for home defence or active shooter, but it just sounds like a ton of fun to shoot
>>
>clip

unless you mean like an enbloc, which would be retarded, or a stripper, which already exists and is known as a broomhandle mauser round' these parts.
>>
File: nope.gif (1 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
nope.gif
1 MB, 480x360
>>30555109
This is an even worse idea now that you aren't using en bloc's.
>>
>>30555132
Depends. I thought on it some more and I'd actually like a downsized .22 or 9mm garand copy, like how the Mini-14 was based on the M-14 (IIRC pls no bully if I'm wrong).
>>
>>30555063
Speaking of the desert Eagle, adding .50 AE and 10mm to the list would be pretty fuckin bangin

>>30555169
Stripper would probably be for the best. Mauser's are fun but outdated and getting expensive
>>
>>30555195
No reason not to have a wider variety of caliber options. Personally I was thinking about the aesthetics of the sub 2000, but a PCC garand would be pretty sick.

You're right on the mini-14. btw
>>
>>30555189
Average joe would probably lose a lot of small en blocs, plus it would add weight and complexity. Stripper is for the best
>>
>>30555233
I didn't mean to imply that any other caliber would be shit. Just that I'd personally want one in one of those two calibers because it'd be a recreational gun for me, and I'd want cheap ammo.
>>
>>30555037
Clips worked for 7.62x54r, i imagine they would work well for other rimmed cartridges

When I say it worked well, I mean if you load it perfectly, have the rims in perfect position with 0 rim lock and get lucky while loading it and dont mind removing your thumbs cuticle when loading.

What Ruger should make is a rotary mag m1 Carbine in .357 magnum that holds 10 or 20
>>
>>30555936
Good luck getting that kind of capacity in a rotary mag. Ruger already makes one for 357 and it only holds 5.
>>
>>30555195
I don't think that 9x19 or .22 lr could cycle a system like the Garand's. You can get a 10/22 dressed up like a Garand, but not the real thing. I have heard of M1 carbine replicas in both calibers though.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.