[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Luger info
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 88.jpg (77 KB, 628x444) Image search: [Google]
88.jpg
77 KB, 628x444
I'm wanting to buy a Nazi-marked Luger at a gun show tomorrow, matching serials and a 63 over the eagle for a military mark.

I don't know much about these pistols, can anyone here give me some info about what to look for and such?

How much would a Luger of the description I gave run for? I know it'll be over $1,000
>>
>>30552235
1. Good luck finding one
2. Its a collectors item and range toy don't bet your life on it
3./pol/ please stop with the edge
>>
>>30552256
Fuck off. We used to be able to talk at length about historical German weapons before you hypersensitive manginas invaded the board.
>>
File: M1 Carbine 2.jpg (1 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
M1 Carbine 2.jpg
1 MB, 2656x1494
>>30552256
1. I know, I'll probably settle for any Luger. Any recommendations or needed info?
2. I'm not carrying it.
3. Not /pol/, /fit/izen actually. I used to go on /k/ a lot, but not as much recently.

Pic is a recent acquisition, National Postal Meter.
>>
File: IMG_20160703_214859.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160703_214859.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>30552297

1. Finding an all matching luger isnt generally something you snag at a gun show, it requires online purchase through reputable dealers at high prices.

2. Look for a smooth action, they are a precise pistol and any hickup can cause them to activate shit mode.

3. more than youd want to spend to get started into lugers

Ask anything, collect german firearms and all sorts of random shit
>>
>>30552235
For example the Luger i posted above is all matching minus a "42 date" replacement part. "broken 1913 part was in package though"

Was issued to a german police officer, and came with old holster bearing serial and "Kohln Police District marking"

Also came with wehras of the soldier who was issued it later. "in his weapons section it lists the lugar with serial"

Always look for a story with your luger.
>>
>>30552476
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

1. What's a good "starting" luger so to speak, in terms of price, quality, and any other info?

2. In regards to testing the action, do you mean simply testing the "slide" (don't know what to call it on a luger) and dry firing it?
>>
>>30552507
>Always look for a story with your luger.
Thanks, I'll def. ask for one

How much does a nazi-mark (eagle) raise the price?
>>
>>30552515
>>30552528

1 I would look for the 700 to 800 dollar mark. What your looking for is a "shooter" not a hanger. matching parts doesnt matter when getting a shooter, if its worn fuckit, if the blueing is worn fuckit. It saw combat in most cases so treat them as scars.

However make sure barrel groves are prominent are arent shit tier

2 Absolutely right, make sure its stiff, and doesn't hang at any point. If you havent ever handled one you will probably make a WTF face at how stiff they are, but this is 100% normal.

3. Eh it really depends, I prefer pre WWII lugers, but have 3 that are mid war, and one that is 1944. Markings aren't really critical, and are a matter of preference. However the prices of them can be substantial based on codes. This determines the factory.

Rare ones will sometimes have unit stamps and police ones can be stamps as well on the backstrap on the luger. These are most often a premium to avid collectors.

Ask away
>>
>>30552507
>Was issued to a german police officer, and came with old holster bearing serial and "Kohln Police District marking"
If there isnt markings on the front of the grip, then it wasnt a polezi pistol.

As for the 42 date part, the only part dated on the pistol is the slide, and thats a major fuckin part, idk if I would buy into that shit. A lot of pre-WWII lugers are double-dated because post-GreatWar germany had to keep a strict inventory on their allowable amount of firearms. Also, axle pins were not serialized up until 1934-1938 or so, while the wood grips were 2 digit serialized up until somewhere around 1939ish iirc.

As for the other guy whos got the sour taste in his mouth, yea you can buy all-matching lugers on online auctions from RockIsland and shit, but that doesnt mean grandpappy passing a bringback to his kids aint gonna make it out there on GunJoker.

One thing you want to look out for is reblued lugers. If the stamped serial doesnt have a 'halo' effect around it, it has been reblued and that should detract from the fuckhigh premium they are asking for.

What else you wanna know? A lot more experts are on the lugerforum run by Jan or Jen.
>>
File: 20160615_193618-1.jpg (3 MB, 3167x1568) Image search: [Google]
20160615_193618-1.jpg
3 MB, 3167x1568
Heres my luger, 1917 erfurt arsenal.
All parts match, but Bubba refinished her.
Got it for 700 dollarydoos.
The search bar is worn and needs replacing, I'll get a machinist for fit and force match my new search bar when the time comes.
>>
>>30552635
Sear bar, jesus.
>>
>>30552635
>oil pouring out the front
>rusted inside the stock tab and by rabbit ears
dude..... its called Outers Gun Oil. Not clear machinist's oil or WD40 or whatever you are using. Also, a tip for storing your luger - take off the wood grips and slather that bitch down with oil. Maybe even invest in some $40 Black Widow plastic grips so you can do it and keep it functional.
>>
>>30552603
>700 to 800
1. Nice, I was expecting to pay around 1200 so that's great news, and you are correct as I just want a piece of history, but I def. want to shoot it (trigger on that m1 carbine I previously posted is a true 10/10).

2. Good to know, I would def. have been confused about the stiffness otherwise.

3. Alrighty, I'd prefer one with the nazi eagle but it's an optional bonus.

>>30552627
>One thing you want to look out for is reblued lugers. If the stamped serial doesnt have a 'halo' effect around it, it has been reblued and that should detract from the fuckhigh premium they are asking for.

VERY GOOD to know, thanks
>>
>>30552627
Oh wow, I always wondered wtf the S.LK.III.51 stamped on the strap meant. I guess I learned some serious shit today about my pretend Police luger
>>
>>30552678
Nigger, I said that Bubba refinished her, I use hoppes gun oil not dubbyadee.
One of these days I'm going to strip that shit off and get it refinished right.
>>
>>30552709
You can actually decode it. check out lugerforums, they have a fuckton wealth of knowledge on the subject.

Some WWII ones were marked by Unit and # of pistol of the Machinegunner it was issued to.
>>
>>30552732
>I use hoppes gun oil
Nothing beats Outers Gun Oil for rust prevention besides Eezox, and thats not an oil. Haven't you even looked into such things?

>Eezox for rust preventative - but wear gloves because it makes you shit water for 4 days if you dont.
>Outers Gun Oil for EVERYTHING
>TW25b for grease and things that slide
>CLP for AR-type rifle and cleaning because why not and its cheap ($20 for 50cal windex-sized spraybottle)
>Hoppes #9 WITH copper solvent, for every other rangetrip to keep down copper streaking inside bore
>Outers Nitro Solvent for just cleaning off the gunpowder
>>
>>30552836
Considering it's says hoppes brand oil right on the label I assumed that is was, in fact, gun oil. I'll get get a tub of that other shit though, how much is normal to pay for Outers?.
>>
>>30553002
The spray bottle one is the cheapest per oz on amazon, can be had for ~$5. It might be cheaper to just grab a outers universal cleaning kit from walmart (~$15-20 last I checked) if you are low on solvent and need new borebrushes. Also, always buy borebrushes in bronze, never stainless, and always one size up (.40 for 9mm, .45 for 40, .38chamber or 50blackpowder for .45, .270 for .223 etc) and make sure you stroke it out each end before reversing direction.
>>
>>30553199
Mkoy, now back to lugers, I really like the Swiss models. I wonder how hard they are to come by?
>>
File: Hitler Youth Merit Badge.jpg (1 MB, 1953x2073) Image search: [Google]
Hitler Youth Merit Badge.jpg
1 MB, 1953x2073
OP here, thanks for the info. Time for sleep since I've been up since 5:30am

Gnite /k/
>>
>>30553316
just a hair less than US military marked .45 versions
>>
>>30553631
Really? Must not have imported many of them I suppose.
I bet it's that way with any foreign luger other than german pistols.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.