[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>30546101 >that pic fug, I cry everytime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1418007837562.png (197 KB, 1567x686) Image search: [Google]
1418007837562.png
197 KB, 1567x686
>>30546101
>that pic
fug, I cry everytime
>>
For cheap ceramics check out high com security or armor wear. For a plate carrier I would look at the mayflower apc or the banshee rifle plate carrier
>>
>>30546546
https://armour-wear.com/shop/all/carriers/tpg-armour-wear-package/
>>
>>30546546
>>30546586
Those plates are very cheap for being multi-curve ceramics.

That worries me.
>>
>>30546635
You can look up tests of armor wear plates on youtube
>>
>>30546684
It also doesn't say it is NIJ certified, that's another huge fucking red flag.

It says they were tested, but doesn't say anything about certification.
>>
>>30546706
I personally got the package myself when it was 200 and strangely they sent me two highcom security plates. Regardless multiple people in the gear queer threads have gotten the same package and have got nij IV plates, you can look up tests of both highcom security and armor wear plates on youtube, hell go ask bluecarpet in the gearqueer thread about the plates he got from the same package. If you want to spend another $200 on the same plates though go ahead.
>>
>>30546101
WHERE DO I GET DAMASCUS FULL BODY ARMOR SUIT LADS???
>>
>>30546706
>It also doesn't say it is NIJ certified
"Hard armor rifle plates tested to defeat NIJ 0101.04/05 Standards."
"N IJ Lab reports provided on request"
"Level 4"
>>
>>30546101
Just Google what you want and check the links. It's not that hard anon.
>>
>>30546101
>after last night
Stop. Do not panic buy. Don't do it. Really.

If the happening happens, then it'll happen sooner than you can get body armor shipped. Bug in, pray, and defend your life with what you have.

If it doesn't, then good. Take a few days and start doing research. Ask yourself what you really need and spend your money wisely. Don't blow a couple hundred dollars on something you don't really need.

You need a plan, a back up plan, and a back up back up. And you need to rehearse your plans, and ensure everyone knows the plans and their place in it. Buy equipment that you absolutely need, then buy comfort of life things. Ounces=pounds. Bugging in is almost always superior to bugging out.

Take a deep breath and do it right. Dont let yourself buy anything you're not 100% sure you need. At your state right now I wouldnt let myself buy anything for at least 3 days, just research.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>30550247
i agree, never panic buy.
>>
>>30546101
Depends are you for shtf or what?

Also i recommend buying a steel plate as a back up. Ceramic is better in every way but if your plate ever gets hit, cracks or somthing, a single steel plate can cheaply and temporarily replace it.
>>
>>30546635
They're 7.5 lbs each. They're practically the weight of a AR-500 steel plate set. You're not getting the super high-speed-low-weight set of ceramics here.
>>
>>30552620
>https://www.survival-bug-out.com/pages/why-ar-500-body-armor-isn-t-a-good-deal

No, never buy steel. Get a backup ceramic, a cheaper one if you want but never, ever, buy steel.
>>
>>30546816
did u try, uh... i don't know. uh, you know, damascus?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.