[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone tell me why kimbers are shit? I keep trying to find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: kimber-grand-raptor.jpg (59 KB, 450x280) Image search: [Google]
kimber-grand-raptor.jpg
59 KB, 450x280
Can someone tell me why kimbers are shit? I keep trying to find an explanation.
>>
>>30544641
/k/ hates them. Lots of MIM parts. Quality took a hit a few years ago. Mostly, /k/ hates them.
>>
They used to be quite good until about 1999 or 2000, whereupon their quality just fucking nosedived.

Can't remember if they got bought out or if the owner died or whatever, something changed and they just stopped caring.
>>
"Made in USA"

really means "planned obsolescence piece of shit"
>>
File: shittyshittykimbers.jpg (677 KB, 3000x1989) Image search: [Google]
shittyshittykimbers.jpg
677 KB, 3000x1989
To illustrate their quality.
>>
>>30544985
Pretty much this.
>>
Also the barrels are improperly fit. They feel tight from the factory, but they aren't done right. They will wear out faster than they should, potentially breaking a barrel link. Google 'riding the link' for a lot of Kimber owners with improperly fit barrels. See also: MIMber.
>>
>>30544899

This guy is right.

Kimber used to make a really great 1911 that cost the same or less than a stock Government model, but they added all the beavertail, extended controls to them. They also did some badass Mauser k98 sporterizations, but that is long forgotten.

When they came out, they were 500-600.

They were enormously popular, and they decided to ride the reputation, raise the prices, but start cutting every corner possible.

My father in law got a kimber a few years ago, and when I saw it, I noticed the mainspring housing was actually plastic.

Fucking plastic. This was on a 1200 gun.

Fuck Kimber.
>>
File: seal gah.jpg (56 KB, 540x348) Image search: [Google]
seal gah.jpg
56 KB, 540x348
>>30547711
Goddamn shame.
What does a pre-2000 Kimber go for now? Same as a current potmetal Kimber?
>>
>>30547711
the gun is working as intended
>>
>>30548095
Debatable.
>>
>>30548095
It's a bugged mechanic!
>>
>>30544641
I have had no problems with my Kimber Custom II
>>
>>30544641

The quality just isn't there in a few KEY places.

The frames and slides are much, much better than other brands, and the fitting is nicer.

BUT. The small parts, including the sear, are shit. Finish is shit

After about 8,000 rounds or so, my sear was fucked.
one day after unholstering, I dropped the safety, and the hammer fell to half cock.
Scared the shit out of me.

I had a gunsmith replace the important bits.
>>
>>30549015
When is it from?
>>
>>30548095
Fucking Dark Souls man. I'm still pissed they just deflected the issue with that piece of shit answer. Not even the developers believe that for a second.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.