[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guns always kind of scared me, but recently I've been leaning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Guns always kind of scared me, but recently I've been leaning towards getting one.

Problem is I still somewhat get weirded out by them.

Is it unhealthy for me to be worried about if I had a mental breakdown and killed myself (not that I'm prone to them or that I've ever had any mental health problems).

I thought about killing my self in highschool but I'm not depressed but guns still kinda freak me out but I'm starting to want one.

I don't think I'd ever kill my self but as someone whose weirded out by this should I not get one?
Or am I being a pussy
>>
You're too chicken shit

Youll be fine
>>
>>30544082
I think you outta just remain a noguns
>>
>>30544090
Yeah, I think I should just not be a bitch. I was just wondering if this is a semi healthy/normal thought to have
>>
Just try to visit a friendly range or something, with competent people who can show you the ins and outs. You'll be fine once you know what you, and the gun, are doing.
>>
File: jacked+zyzz.jpg (59 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
jacked+zyzz.jpg
59 KB, 1000x563
>>30544082
>>30544119
It is normal to be a little nervous and to maybe have a healthy fear of them. It seems like a fear of something you are simply not too familiar with. Your fear and nervousness will fade with education, practice and experience.
>>
>>30544144
>>30544201
Thanks anons, I think that's exactly what it is. Just making sure this was common.
>>
>>30544082
This is 100% my main reason for not owning a gun. I just worry about being depressed as fuck one night and taking my own life.

It happens.

I enjoy shooting, I enjoy guns. I just sometimes get stupid sad so I prefer to not have any where I live and only put myself around guns with friends or when I'm happy.

At times like this when people are all talking habbening I regret my decision but I keep myself safe in other ways.

I feel you anon, I really do.

Suicide rates with guns are crazy high and I'm no gun grabber but it's true because it's easy.
>>
>>30544082
>>30544224
Just one word to the wise, IF YOU EVER think about offing yourself with a gun, IF you don't do it properly, you WILL wake up with paramedics trying to revive you, while your face has been ripped off your head from the shot.

If they don't manage to stop the bleeding, you will die a very painful death.

What people don't understand is that gunshots to the head do not automatically kill people, and people can survive them if the shot does not hit the correct spot in the back of the head, which is really protected by a shitload of bones and other tissue. And so people who try to do this do not understand that this will be more painful than just about every other method of ending oneself. Just ONE WRONG FLINCH and you'll be suffering what will seem to be a really long and painful death.
>>
>>30544082
Think about it carefully before owning one. Support for 2A doesn't mean every one should have one, but that they should be able to choose to get one. If you think you can't handle it, then don't.
>>
File: 1436658716801.jpg (329 KB, 825x825) Image search: [Google]
1436658716801.jpg
329 KB, 825x825
>>30544082
If you kill yourself, you are defective.

Because no matter what the problem you are so distressed over is, I guarantee you there is a 100% chance that some other individual is responsible for it.

If that is not the case, you are defective.
>>
>>30544404
Moral of the story?
Apply blame where it is due, and proportionately.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.