[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, /k/, with all shit shit that has been happening and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: MinuteMan.jpg (406 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
MinuteMan.jpg
406 KB, 640x960
Alright, /k/, with all shit shit that has been happening and is currently happening around the country, what can your average kommando do to ensure he could be a part of a well regulated militia should the need for one arise? I'm not necessarily talking about full blown race war or civil war or anything like that exclusively, although those scenarios should also be taken into consideration. What kind of gear and equipment should you have on hand? How much ammo should you have available? What type of skills are necessary to have and how do you gain these skills? What level of physical fitness should you be at and how to you go about reaching these goals? What are some online resources to help supplement your knowledge?
This is not a traditional "grab SKS, go innawoods" SHTF thread, although for any of this to be needed, S will likely have already HTF. The goal is working together with a group of people to help defend your family, community, or possibly your country should any of them be threatened.
>>
Bump?
>>
Bumping for interest.
>>
>>30542194
Theres probably too much interest elsewhere for this thread to get much attention. If it dies, I'll probably try again in the next few days.
>>
File: 1259925514577.jpg (30 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
1259925514577.jpg
30 KB, 500x371
>wanting to survive
>2016

I'd rather go out guns blazing.
>>
>>30541333
>How much ammo should you have available?
I'm always divided on this. If you are going to stay in your local area, stock as much of it as you can. If you plan on leaving your community when SHTF there is only so much ammo you can carry. When SHTF I'm personally going to bug out to the delta region of my state.

>What kind of gear and equipment should you have on hand?
Besides guns, ammo, water, food, a sleeping bag and other standard innawoods shit? Anything (ie books, charts, diagrams, etc.) having to do with farming; tools, how to build irrigation channels, crop pests/diseases and how to treat them, companion planting, how to store crops/what crops can be stored, how to build a souterrain. Maybe even some books on lunar movements to predict high tide. You might not like being a peasant farmer, but while those against you can eat lead, you cannot.
>>
>>30543056
I was thinking more along the lines of what is needed to form a loose defensive force with neighbors/family/close friend than bugging in or out.
>>
File: conductor.png (813 KB, 1150x998) Image search: [Google]
conductor.png
813 KB, 1150x998
You need to read "Resistance To Tyranny", its a great book, pretty inexpensive and it'll teach you how to deal with, adapt to, survive in, and overcome not only what the title states, but also complete collapses in government/society.

Same with "Understanding 4th Generation Warfare", which is avaible super cheap on Kindle. These are the forces at play now, even tho we're not officially at war.

Besides that, buy non perishable food and water.

Also, GET IN SHAPE. If you have easily fixed medical problems (tooth cavities, skin conditions, etc) unfuck that shit while its inconvienent (now) instead of having it get worse when theres poor/little/no medical help available if things go down in this country.

Buy/Build/Acquire one complete rifle (with light, sling, optic, plus bipod if youre so inclined) that you're familuar with, thats setup how you like it/want it, etc, and ideally one consealable pistol to act as a sidearm to the rifle, and to protect you if youre ever somewhere you cant have your rifle with you for any reason.

Prioritize one good rifle and handgun with LOTS of ammo over all else (20 nuggets, break action 22's, and pump action shotguns with 50 rounds a piece will do much less good in a bad situation than the aforementioned).

If you can buy 10,000 rounds like a richfag, do it. Worst case scenerio is that you want your money back and sell them for a profit (in cash) during the next election or gun scare.

If you're a poorfag, buy what you can and try to keep it, but always expend some ammo to build familiarity with your gun and make sure its problem free in use. DO NOT HOARD IT ALL AND NOT KNOW HOW TO DO SHIT WITH IT WHEN THE TIME COMES.

Ideally buy some milsurp camo, because if you band together with your neighbors/friends, you will look more legitimate to your fellow citizens and also those who you're fighting. This is not expensive, BDU's are all over places like ebay for under $50.
>>
File: patriot.png (935 KB, 718x898) Image search: [Google]
patriot.png
935 KB, 718x898
On a related note, MEET YOUR FUCKING NEIGHBORS. I put myself out there and did this even tho I live in a quiet community and it went great. I'm now good friends with 2 of them, and on good terms with the other 2. Most people want a sense of community and to know the people they live near, but wont actually put forth the effort to do it. You need to be proactive here,

Because if you're not, then one day the happening will happen, and you'll show up at their door to "band together with them" rifle in hand and they'll magdump you through the wall because they dont know you and think you're a criminal of some sort. Or at the very least, you wont be nearly as efficient with them as if you knew eachother beforehand.

There you go. Do these things and whats in my above post and you'll be ahead of 90+% of other people.

Side note, regarding magazines. I would recommend 4 pistol mags (Only carry two when kitted up, the rest are simply weight that would be better used by more rifle ammo) but keep a couple extras to go in other pockets when you're somewhere with your pistol where you cant bring your rifle.

I'd ideally buy 9 rifle mags, 1 in the gun plus 6 on your person is a sweet spot, any more than that and you're REALLY loaded down with weight. If the happening happens, with 7 mags you'll either be dead, or you will have destroyed your opponent and you can resupply off them. Also, the two remaining mags should be kept as spares/for parts, or for barter items if things get really bad.

If you can afford more, buying them certainly wont hurt either, but I'd choose to spend the money on ammo instead if I were on a budget.
>>
>>30546159
>Understanding 4th Generation Warfare
Go to bed, Lind.
>>
>>30546159
>>30546230
This is the kind of shit I'm looking for. Thanks for contributing, anon.
>>
>>30546433
Of course based anon with an interest in self protection! Lets hope this thread will help many
>>
File: merica.png (2 MB, 1244x936) Image search: [Google]
merica.png
2 MB, 1244x936
>>
>>30546159
>4th generational warfare
Don't promote Lindsanity around here in the middle of Billy Boy reading us his "novel", it's triggering me.
>>
>>30547231
wtf are you guys even talking about
>>
File: 1464280908958.png (74 KB, 210x434) Image search: [Google]
1464280908958.png
74 KB, 210x434
>>30547300
You don't want to know anon, trust me. I have seen into the depths of madness, and there saw darkness, looking back at me.
>>
If I go innawoods with my trusty nugget with 3-5 trusted friends, what supplies should we bring? Should we dig trenches or something? Go full on viet-cong tunnel systems?
>>
>>30550868
No, the basics are shoot, move, communicate. Stay mobile, otherwise you'll get caught up to by whatever forces, civilian or otherwise after after you. I'd only stop if I was 50-100 miles from ANYTHING, think Alaska-tier type area.

Even if you're not being chased by any powers that might be, eventually you'll run into other groups (or other groups will run into you) which will result in anything from anxiety when you try to stay out of each others way, to an all out firefight which could (and should) have been avoided.

If I were you, I'd bring a survival manual (army reprint is awesome), muh raifu, all the ammo I could carry (maybe 200 rounds of that heavy shit), a good backpack, a good hatchet, hunting knife (nothing fuck huge), a couple of stainless canteens (so you can boil them in the campfire to purify the water), a mess kit (army surplus is great), the most durable clothes and boots I could get (Id even buy them with a credit card when the happening happens if I had to, who cares about paying it off if society is over), a good backpack (ALICE surplus on a budget), a good sleep system (army surplus again), and the most durable jacket I could find (think carhartt or your favorite equivelent). A lighter would be good, as would something sustainable like flint to use against your knife. Practice this if you can, because its hard as shit even under ideal circumstances.

Remaining space I'd fill with a hand crank radio (one per group), maybe a solar cell phone charger (if there will be any signal to pickup), a map and a compass, and whatever food thats high in calories and low in space you can bring.

Theres still a good chance you're gonna die tho. Have fun!

Also, hit up /out/, they're really the people best to talk to about this, although theyre total pacifists in general (they advocate going into the wilderness unarmed, armed with .22's, etc, stupid shit like that, although there are plenty of exceptions to this rule there).
>>
>>30541333
Make a neighborhood watch program. Use it to recruit people for your trustworthy, elite force.
>>
>>30550868

Also, as much as this is sacrilege on /k/, I'd ditch the nugget. They're not very good survival rifles, they're heavy, huge, take heavy ammo that you WONT find a resupply of, and they're becoming valuable.

A $100 rifle 2-3 years ago is now worth $150-$300 and those $70 ammo cans are now going for ~$150 a piece. If you have a good nugget and a pair of ammo cans ($450-$600) today, you can sell that shit and turn it into a much better rifle for your needs, $600 today buys a poverty-tier AR with a $20 rear sight and a few mags and some ammo, or any number of commercial 5.56 bolt action rifles, especially used. I can get a brand new Savage Axis .223 for $318 near me. You'll have a more useful round, that you can carry much more of, for less weight, and that you at least have the possibility of acquiring ammo for.
>>
File: image.jpg (370 KB, 1432x894) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
370 KB, 1432x894
>>30550318
>>
"Become harder to kill" gets said over on P-F for good reason.

Work on your fitness, work on combatives (open to interpretation), work on your endurance (also open to interpretation), work on your carry percentage, and work on your mental toughness.
>>
>>30551436
what am i looking at?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-08-18-57-46.png (423 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-08-18-57-46.png
423 KB, 1440x2560
I carry a glock 19 and an extra mag, and a hard in my car. Debating on buying on of these due to the current climate.

However my kit entails a sadf chest rig, an ar15 with an AR mag and glock mag on my belt, and my 19.
Past that is my hiking backpack with lots of water because its hot as shit here.
I have an extra 4 mags maybe at home and ammo with food, water, and basic medical supplies. I have a few people near me that I trust to meet up with, but almost none are in decent shape.

Main plan is to get home and hunker down, I don't plan on surviving nor do I expect to.

Multiple people is ideal for survival, get a group of maybe 6 people, maybe more, no less than 3 or 4, you need someone on watch, sleeping, and doing other things as needed, if a full scale shtf happened in a city expect the possibility of fighting mobs, also water and hygeine supplies would disappear fast.

Find out what you most expect and are frightened of and prepare for it.
>>
>>30541333
Easiest answer ever. Join the fucking guard. Literally state funded militia
>>
>>30546159
>4th generation warfare

Fuck off, Lind

http://strategicstudiesinstitute.army.mil/pdffiles/PUB632.pdf
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.