[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help a new guy out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
So, I want to get a suppressed SBR for reasons. I don't live in a full retard state, but I do live in the US. I've got some funds and have been lurking a bit. So I'm looking at a Sig MCX in 300bk, ideally with the 9" barrel and a Sig suppressor.

What I need your help with is: what's the most efficient and cost effective way of acquiring this? I'm expecting to need two tax stamps. I have a FLGS that doesn't suck (bought a few pistols but nothing expensive or complicated).

So, I come to you /k/omandos, give me some insight so I don't sound like a retard as I start trying to buy my baby. What do I need to do to get this in my hands asap? Also feel free to mock my choice.
>>
>>30534835
Get an AR
>>
>>30534847

/k/ the the thread

Opinions exist here, experts we lack.
>>
>>30534835
do you have a trust?
>>
>>30534835
There isn't going to be any ASAP, you're going to be waiting for the ATF to approve your stamps. First, you need to call the lgs right now and see if there is any chance of getting the paperwork all taken care of and properly submitted before the ruling takes effect on the 13th... meaning, do they have everything in stock, how fast can they move, etc. Then, if you don't have a trust, you need to get one immediately. If you don't want to get one, then feel free to take your time... but I'm not too sure you'll beat the deadline either way.
>>
>>30535030
Nope, with the rules change to not require LEO sign off on individual purchases I was thinking about cheaping out and just buying as an individual.

If it radically simplifies things I could get a trust, the process seems pretty simple.
>>
>>30535045
>the ruling takes effect on the 13th
I lived in a cave, what ruling?
>>
>>30535045
Honestly, maybe I'm naive but the rule change doesn't strike me as that significant. So now if I use a trust I need to deal with the photo/fingerprint requirements and if I don't use a trust I don't need a letter from LEO (just to notify them).

I have a passport and have been fingerprinted for jobs before. The .gov is firmly aware I exist. So really the trust would just be to assist with transfers to family in the event I die? I guess that's worth doing if I'm not lazy...
>>
>>30535057
do it either way you want. its just with a trust you could at least e-file the sbr and cut some time off that item. it would be simpler and faster for the sig but with the new rules im not sure a trust is worth it for two items.
>>
>>30535111
Now there is a nugget I didn't know... the e-file does sound faster. Not that I'm trying for tomorrow or even next month.

I guess the question is, what is the order of operations? First, get a trust (or dont). Next order the MCX in a 9" barrel? Then file forms while waiting for delivery to LGS? Or is it forms first?
Can I start the suppressor order before I take possession of the MCX?

The, what order do I expect to do things in question is really the part I'd like to know before I go hassle the guys at the store. Thanks
>>
>>30535093
Ruling 41F/P/whichever one I can never remember. Basically makes any member of a trust, excluding non-trustee beneficiaries, submit finger prints and passport photos to the ATF when submitting a Form 1 or Form 4 application. In addition to that, you have to send a copy of your Form to your Chief Law Enforcement Officer (though they have no deny/allow authority in the process at this time) and everyone in your trust must submit a Form 5320.23 to their CLEO. The same requirements as individuals filing without a trust. It's an inconvenience and yet another attempt by Obama/Dems to shit on our 2A rights.

>>30535097
Like I said above, in all actuality it's not the end of the world, just the continued whittling down of our rights. And like >>30535111 said, being able to efile was really nice, not sure how much of an effect this will have on that and wait times once it takes effect and people calm down.
>>
>>30535162
If the lgs doesn't have the item on hand, you can't file the forms until it arrives. This goes for the suppressor and sbr, since you're buying one that's pre-manufactured. As soon as whatever dealer you're going through has either item in stock and you pay for it, then forms get filed. Like I said earlier, just call them and see what advice they have on the situation.
>>
>>30535162
first off, i have no idea how the new rules effect the e-file process.

>Can I start the suppressor order before I take possession of the MCX?
yes, and that will take a long time so start that asap

you need to have the sig before you start the sbr process because you need to have the serial number. one stamp, one serial. so buy your sig. i would get the pistol because its easier to add a stock then a new barrel.

heres how i would do it.

1-decide on trust or not
2- start suppressor paper work
3- buy sig
4- start sbr paper work, e file or other wise
>>
>>30535228
Thanks for the step by step. And the pistol recommend, I was wondering but that. Plus as a pistol you can take possession before the sbr paperwork is done? (just don't buy the stock or shoulder it)

Anyway, thanks.
>>
>>30535273
yes you can own it, and it would be pretty hard to make an sbr out something you dont own. you will form 1 the sig. which means you are making a sbr (unlike a form 4 where you taking possession of an already created item like a suppressor) so theirs absolutely nothing illegal about you owning a sig pistol and using like a pistol. thats what i did with my ar sbr. i filled the lower, built a pistol and threw on a stock when the time came. hell, keep a sig brace on it while you wait if you feel inclined to do so.

and also keep in mind these trusts arent any thing special, their just tursts. i made mine with a pirated copy of quicken will maker and it gets approved every time.
>>
>>30534835
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you pin a suppressor on to a short barrel and it's over 16", there's no need for an SBR stamp. Just the can.
>>
>>30534835
is that the same ar 15 the orlando shooter used
>>
>>30535438
you can. but then you cant use it with other guns or take it apart if it needs cleaning. best just too pay 200 bucks, i mean you're prolly spending around 100 bucks for someone to pin it there in the first place.
>>
>>30534835
>$50 Aero lower
>$200 PSA upper
>$150 in parts
>register with the ATF
>>
>>30534991
???
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.