[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, soon i will be getting my first rifle but I'm stuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: Gun-For-Hire-NJ-Gun-Range-12.jpg (179 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
Gun-For-Hire-NJ-Gun-Range-12.jpg
179 KB, 800x534
Hello, soon i will be getting my first rifle but I'm stuck on what to get. I'm stuck between getting a ak (arsenal 107 is the one im stuck on) or something in 762x51/308., between a g3 clone, fal or a m1a, or if anything I'll get a colt le6920. What should i choose k?
>>
>>30534497
Sounds like you need to get a Winchester 1907.
>>
I'm not a fan of the arsenal 107. I'd rather have a WASR or a 104.

ptr 91 is better than an equivalently priced fal or m1a

le6920 is a good choice as well especially since it is better for home defense than any of your other choices
>>
File: ttzWIZf.jpg (1 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
ttzWIZf.jpg
1 MB, 5184x3456
>>30534497
Get the AR-15. Ammo is cheap. Parts are everywhere. Most Murrican gun. Very little recoil. You can play legos with it. Mags are cheap.

AKs are fun. I have the Arsenal 107. They are not comfortable guns to shoot though. I already had to replace the stock on it, and the pistol grip is next.

Battle Raifus are also fun, but the ammo is fucking expensive.

At the end of the day buy what makes you happy though.
>>
>>30534516
Why? Even though i do like lever actions, i want my first rifle to be some ebil scary babby heat seeker. I like more modern guns then anything else, with some exception, lol.
>>
>>30534497
Be a man among men
>>
File: 33043.jpg (142 KB, 736x981) Image search: [Google]
33043.jpg
142 KB, 736x981
>>30534497
AR-15.
>>
These are all totally different things with pretty big variances in cost, size, caliber. What the fuck do you not have any personality? Any knowledge? Any preference? Have you shot anything before? Have you considered price of ammo? What's your budget? Dude fuck you, you have way more thinking to do, make a few decisions, ask better questions.
>>
File: 1435924658186.jpg (155 KB, 715x536) Image search: [Google]
1435924658186.jpg
155 KB, 715x536
>>30534497
>first rifle
Don't get slavshit. It's decent stuff, but the buy in is artificially high for lower quality control. 7N6 is banned and so are Russian imports. The AK platform is fast becoming less popular and prolific the world over. All of this spells bad for a future AK rifle investments.

Battle rifles are good and all, but they are expensive for what you get. It will cost more to shoot and reload. Typically the rifles are longer and heavier than standard sporting rifles (unless you get something like a SCAR, which again, is expensive).

AR15s are the way to go. Just in general for now and the future. There is an abundance of parts, surplus and cheap ammo, and producers. They are modular, lightweight, accurate, easy to maintain, and a favorite of Santa's bitches. If there is a ban in the future, you can sell it for a higher price...or fight the power if you have mettle.
>>
>>30534497
Get an AK you want.
Enjoy your low maintenance work horse.

If you can get one in 5.56 (I'm assuming you're a yank), then you won't have no problems finding ammo for it either. Not that 7.62x39 would be exactly rare nor expensive yet.
>>
>>30534497
If in America, GAY-R-15.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.