[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So. Death wish 3 was on /tv/ recently. Have you got one of theses?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: woonnNx.png (969 KB, 1800x837) Image search: [Google]
woonnNx.png
969 KB, 1800x837
So. Death wish 3 was on /tv/ recently. Have you got one of theses?

It's a wildly, Fucking awesome looking pistol but i don't know how it handles. Anyone here own one that can tell us how it handles?
>>
Dont know, They were very rare because few where made before the company went bankrupt. Gas piston operated with a variable valve to adjust the gas pressure. So in essence it can cycle very low to very hi pressure rounds. If you really want one the company just started up again and is trying to reproduce the Wildey.
http://www.wildeyguns.com/
>>
There's one for sale at cabela's in cristiana, delaware.

I think it's close to 2grand. Looks to be in great condition.

And actually as i'm typing this i'm realizing that the gun at cabela's is an auto-mag, not the OP gun so i'll just go stick my thumb in my ass.
>>
>>30534371
Nice meme memester F A M memester memestress memenigger memefag memetrash memeshitter memecunt memekike
>>
>>30535320
Yeah, Automag does look similar.

>>30536065
You know before we had guns, we had a rock and we had to share the rock.
>>
My pops picked one up a few years ago in 44 automag. It was a piece of junk. If you loaded more than 3 rounds in the magazine the follower would get jammed. It fte'd or ftf'd ever other round. The adjustable gas sytem had zero difference in performance no matter the setting.

We figured everything was worn out or broken, but im not sure if any of these ever hit round counts to make that likely. There was so little info available that troubleshooting was impossible, and the only replacement parts he could find were obviously used and he didnt trust them.

Overall the gun just seemed overly picky and fragile, and he ended up selling it for a few hundred more than he bought it for after about 3 years.

We are both still huge magnum pistol fans, but after that i stick with my revolvers and hes been wanting to pick up a Desert Eagle, since he knows he'll be able to get replacement parts.
>>
>Chambering your fancy gun in a proprietary round to start with instead of commonly available ones, then going special snowflake once you've established yourself

This is why the Automag failed, and why the Deagle is still going strong.
>>
>>30536458
Anon, the DEagle started with .50AE.
>>
>>30536425

The Wildey did not come in .44 AMP. The Automag did. The largest round that the Wildey Survivor came in was .475 Wildey Magnum. They were direct competitors.

Source: I own both.

>>30536458
I own two Deagles as well. The Wildey and Automag are cooler.

Also, Deep Impact > Death Wish 3
>>
>>30536507
>The Wildey did not come in .44 AMP
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildey
>Cartridge
>.44 Auto Mag
>>
>>30536504
No. First models were available in .357 and .44, 50AE came later, as did .440corbon ,and .41mag.
>>
>>30536425

Forgot to mention, the Automag was made by several different manufactures. AMC, TDE, and LJ. The TDEs are considered to be the least desirable. I'd have offered you quite a bit because .44 AMPs made with .44 AMP brass as opposed to .308 brass are plenty reliable, at least insofar as monster magnums are concerned. I'd like to have seen the mag. Pity.
>>
>>30536538
Well I'll be goddamned. I've NEVER seen one and I'm pretty constantly in the magnum market. That's super interesting as they were direct competitors. Learn something new every day, I guess. Though the link on Wikipedia goes to the Automag pistol and not the cartridge.
>>
>>30536542
Looks like you're right, my bad.
>>
File: AMC Automag .44AMP.jpg (90 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
AMC Automag .44AMP.jpg
90 KB, 640x480
>>30536425
.44AMP is a fiddly caliber and often commercial ammo simply wasn't 100% to spec, you basically need to handload .44AMP to get it to be reliable, and you need to stay within those specs to keep it working.

>>30536545
AMT and AMC are two separate companies who made separate lines of pistols.

AMT is Arcadia Machine & Tool, they made more conventional short-recoil pistols, just scaled up for Magnum calibers such as .45 WinMag and 10mm Magnum, but also calibers like .30 Carbine and .22 Magnum
Had a fair bit of recoil and they weren't all so well made.
They also were making clones of Ruger Mk.IIIs and 10/22's and got sued to shit by Ruger for it back in the day.

AMC is Auto Mag Corporation, they made pic related, the Auto Mag.
Arguably better quality than the AMT guns, but they were kind of known for beating themselves.

AMC made the Auto Mag, AMT made the AutoMag (notice the spacing), this is commonly confusing for most.
>>
>>30534371
>Death Wish series
So much liberal butthurt over that

>One of the hypocrisies practiced by the Death Wish movies is that they ignore racial tension in big cities. In their horrible new world, all of the gangs are integrated, so that the movies can't be called racist. I guess it's supposed to be heartwarming to see whites, blacks and Latinos working side by side to rape, pillage and murder.

>Not quite so much equality applies to the victims, however. All of the good speaking roles go to white victims (especially Balsam). Two Latinos get to be minor supporting players (the wife is raped and murdered, the husband gets to sob and pound his fist on the table). The black victims are represented by an old lady who gets her purse snatched. If it seems strange for me to be making a racial head-count like this, reflecting that the filmmakers no doubt assigned races to their characters with equal cynicism. Since there is not a single character in this movie who has to belong to any particular race, "Death Wish 3" could have had Bronson protecting black citizens against black gang violence. That would reflect the reality of most big cities, but it would not, of course, have been as commercial.
>>
>>30534371
I've seen that exact firearm used in the movie. It's on display at some gunshop in Daytona FL.
>>
>>30538289
They're pretty sleaze, schlocky movies, made by a pretty sleazy and schlocky production company.

I don't know what they were expecting.
>>
>>30538289
They should have made it more true to live then, blacks shooting blacks while whites make all the money from it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.