[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /k/ think of the VEPR 12? I ordered one on layaway
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1vepr.jpg (266 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1vepr.jpg
266 KB, 900x600
What does /k/ think of the VEPR 12? I ordered one on layaway and just paid it off, should be arriving next week. Are they as good as they are hyped to be? I also got an OEM 8 and 10 round mag along with a polychoke.
>>
>>30529769
You buy a gun and then look for opinions?
>>
>>30529769
Hope you have a steady supply of 3" Mag to feed it, doesn't cycle 2 3/4" reliably
>>
>>30529795

I've read everything on the VEPR 12 forum but that shit is slow as fuck, one post per day. I read enough to want to get one but I crave moar.
>>
>>30529802
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7hc_w60_ik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMfzN5LZc3o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFRlNa3o6J8
Do go on.
>>
Got one a week ago and love it. Functioned perfect so far with 2 3/4" low recoil slugs and 00 buck shot and OEM mags. Gonna try it out with some lighter loads soon. Also gets the ladies moist.
>>
File: 20160629_150750.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160629_150750.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>30529802
This is outright bullshit, unless you have a lemon.
I had a few stovepipes when I first got it with Winchester shitbox birdshot, but since the initial "break in" it cycles everything. Occasionally with birdshot the bolt wont hold open, but with anything bigger than #4 cycles like clockwork
>>
>>30529935
>>30530026
Well shit on my chest. Shot a desert friendo's and never picked one up since cause it had to be manually cycled with anything shy of the better 3" 00 stuff we had
>>
>>30530053
If that's true id wager he either got a lemon, or he fucked it up somehow. My cousin and I both have one, and aside from the bolt occasionally not locking back on weak ass birdshot they run like a top.
>>
I love my vepr 12, fun as fuck. Definitely recommend getting only original factory magazines. Haven't had any issues feeding. Enjoy OP!
>>
Are these still being imported?
>>
>>30533257
For the moment, but for how long, god only know.
>>
Love mine.

I bought about four 8rd magazines and one CS Spec 8 round steel one:

http://stores.csspecs.com/vepr-12/

Ain't cheap but it's a solid magazine.
>>
I had to shoot about 50 rounds of high powered slugs and about 75ish rounds of 00 to make it cycle the weak shots.

Was then able to fill up multiple 10 and 5 round mags with a random combo of birdshot, reduced recoil slug, full powered slug, and 00
>>
if your vepr, after break-in, still doesnt cycle 2 3/4 shells, try this:

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/Carolina_saiga_reduced_power_recoil_springs_guide_p/css-spring-1.htm

basically it makes the vepr shotgun reliably feed 2 3/4 inch shells at the cost of 3 inch shells
>>
It's also recommended to run the bolt a good 100 times at home to break it in a bit before shooting it.
>>
>>30529769

I had one, it's fun as a range toy but the fun wore off pretty quick and the gun seemed pointless. Quality magazines (SGM magazines a shit) are pretty expensive.

Also don't fall for the "auto-regulating gas system" meme, it's not. They're basically a Saiga with wide-open gas, only built like a brick shithouse so the can handle the beats.

I'll probably regret selling it at some point, but it just wasn't fun enough to warrant keeping for me. Mine did cycle everything I put through it right out of the box though.
>>
File: 1buck 20-30-40.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1206) Image search: [Google]
1buck 20-30-40.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1206
>>30529769
>Are they as good as they are hyped to be?
I think so, I use mine for clay shooting all the time and have my mag system figured out so I can keep up with everyone and load mags in my pouch with my off-hand.
Birdshot patterns will be ridiculously wide without a choke since it's just cylinder bore, but that's good for skeet shooting I guess. I like a mod or full choke for trap and sporting clays.
With the flite control wad low recoil HD ammo, it seems pretty effective up to 40 yards at least using no choke. Pic related, some back yard testing.
When it comes to mags, factory 5rd mags are where it's at IMO for normal shooting. That's where the weapon feels the most balanced and they fit nicely into my mag pouch. Even my 8rd mag makes the gun feel noticeably worse when swinging the gun for clays.
>>30530053
That's not normal.
>>
>>30529769
Solid gun, it's ten times better than a Saiga 12. I love mine. It might need to break-in before it will reliable cycle cheap Wall-mart birdshot, but it depends on the individual gun. Some need time, some don't.
Only buy OEM or Csspec mags for it, anything else is shit.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.