[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I had a thought recently. I've heard police miss something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: kwa_tmp9_by_sabresine-d6dazuw.jpg (192 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
kwa_tmp9_by_sabresine-d6dazuw.jpg
192 KB, 1024x768
I had a thought recently.

I've heard police miss something like 70% of the shots they take (I can't find the exact number). What if instead of a traditional pistol police were armed with something like the TMP9? It could be used as a pistol in a hasty situation, but had a small stock to help increase stability when they had time to deploy it. It seems more simple than a Ronin kit or having an additional weapon in their car.
>>
>>30527034
How would they carry it?
Officers get in and out of their cars a lot so having something on them like that is gonna get pretty annoying.
Handgun is most convenient to the officer so I'm sure if they had the choice they would still go for the pistol.
>>
>>30527034
>>30527121

that's not the issue. The issue is being able to use the firearm during physical struggles. hard to manipulate a stocked gun when someone's on top of you.
>>
>>30527034
>I've heard police miss something like 70% of the shots they take
I think that's from the NYPD specifically and it's because they mandate a fucking 12 pound trigger pull.
>>
>>30527121

That was the part I couldn't properly figure out. I was trying to think of guns that were small enough to possibly be carried like a regular pistol, but those are pretty few and far between.

>>30527142

Which is another thing to consider. With the stock folded it wouldn't be impossible but it would still be an issue.
>>
>>30527034
The reason cops can't hit shit is because they are shitty marksmen, which is because they don't get sufficient training due to shit budgeting. In my opinion spending money on more guns is not the fix.
>>
File: tp9-2657.jpg (35 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
tp9-2657.jpg
35 KB, 600x399
>>30527034
Nice airsoft there bud
>>
>>30527365

First thing that came up on Google. Get over it.
>>
>>30527457

Can't. Got flashbacks.
>>
>>30527034
Here, have a look at this:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/06/28/tfb-exclusive-brugger-thomet-universal-service-weapon/
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/06/30/exclusive-new-information-aimpoint-nano-bt-usw/

More fodder for your theory.
>>
>>30527142
>that's not the issue.

Uh, yes. It is.

Most police officers will never fire their service weapon in their entire careers, yet they'll carry it every day.
>>
>>30527034
It would probably be less idiotic to carry a glock 18
>>
>>30527155
This^
>>
I have the solution. Graft AR pistols with braces onto their arms then make a pen bayonet so they can do their paperwork after they buss a cap in Tyrone's ass.
>>
File: pdwreddot2.jpg (18 KB, 619x384) Image search: [Google]
pdwreddot2.jpg
18 KB, 619x384
Decent idea. You'd want it as small as possible while still having a usable stock (not some wire MAC crap stock). That's actually what the VBR PDW was designed for. The stock on this is horribly short though, even for little Rik Van Bruaene

>>30527945
The last thread about the USW we determined that the pistol looked like a Sphinx 3000. Should be pretty slick if it has anything near that quality.

>>30527989
>cops miss shots
>let give them something to miss even more
>>
an MP7 in 9mm would be breddy good.
>>
>>30529597
The article anon linked was updated confirming is made from spare Sphinx parts.
>>
>>30527345
>which is because they don't get sufficient training due to shit budgeting.
The big problem is that departments stopped paying for ammunition. And nobody is willing to do extra training if it's coming out of their own paycheck.
>>
>>30530103
Didn't read lol. Thanks for confirming. This gun should be sick
>>
>>30530090
How about in 7.62 Tok instead
>>
>>30527034
It's more like 20, depends on the department. The more borderline retarded affirmative action hires there are the more misjudgements there will be. Shit my department can't have rifles in the car anymore because some idiot flipped out and accidentally shot a kid that was near the scene.

Seriously though I don't trust my life to some of these morons they hire.
>>
>>30530153
LE procurement is such a clusterfuck. Recently heard of a dept. that had to turn their MRAPs in and buy a bunch of SUVs, spending 3-5 times as much, just because local threepers started whining about "muh police militarization" and of course the local BLM cop hater types latched onto any excuse to fuck over the police.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.