[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
shitty LGS stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (307 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
image.png
307 KB, 403x403
>be noguns years ago
>want gun for home defense after series of break ins around me
>go to local gun store
>ask about AR-15
Whut n' sam hell are u thinkin' son? Dem der bullets will do thru ur walls n 3 houses down
>....ok, how about this shotgun?
>WUT? Shotguns shoot dose pellets all over, u'll ner'ver hit what ur aiming at accur-rately
>ok then, what do you recommend
>he shows me a used Luger .22 Mark III for $700

despite being a noguns i could tell he's retarded and trying to scam me
>>
>>30518164
>he shows me a used Luger .22 Mark III for $700

Huh? Ruger mkiii? 22 Luger?
>>
>>30518164
.22 is best for home defense, because the bullet just bounces around inside the intruders skull.
>>
>>30518294
ruger, typo
>>
>>30518304
Well memed my friend
>>
>>30518320
seriously though as someone who is considering buying a .22 as their first gun is it completely useless in terms of home defense?
>>
>>30519223
.22LR isn't useless for defense, but it's not ideal. Rimfire in general is less reliable than centerfire, but it'll still go bang most of the time and it'll still put some lead in a burglar.
>>
2008 or so
>Obama just almost elected
>He gon take ar guns
>Live in communist fascist hybrid state
>Courts claim justification to subvert all law to politically disenfranchise or even murder people if they own a gun and get away with it
>Fuck you for not being related or a crony to the "right" people

>WTF looks like a huge MP5 with foot long supressor
>Ask to see
>Vector arms. Thin sheet metal receiver welded together from different pieces
>Welded like a cheap bicycle
>Suppressor is fake extension to make legal barrel length
>$1400

Same store

>LGS FULL of cops
>Cops running around store with guns from counter
>Looks like when you watch FPS PVP game and everyone running around with guns except more laughing like a playground
>Cop aiming marked up AR with tactical crap all over and one aiming OUT THE WINDOW TO THE STREET BELOW
>Store owner constantly flipping the release on external holster while talking to me like he is going to draw
>>
>>30519223
I don't know if it's still true but last time I saw stats .22 was responsible for the most murders of all calibers.
>>
That's what I've always heard. It's cheap, the guns that shoot it are cheap, and it's relatively quiet
>>
>>30520770
Probably due to carelessness because it's so common and everyone assumes it won't really hurt anything.

Also:
>be in small LGS looking at accessories
>tiny hipster looking chick walks in
>listen for shitstorm
>she asks the clerk about self defense options
>use the biggest caliber you're comfortable with
>she asks for suggestions
>mentions 22, 32, 380, 9mm, etc.
>what's the most lethal?
>they're all technically lethal
>then why should I use the biggest?
>there's lots of variables but the larger ones are generally more effective
>what if I just want to wound them?
>then I recommend pepper spray or stun guns, but it's not guaranteed to stop them
>so guns are more effective?
>after 10 minutes of autism she leaves with pistol permit literature

The clerk had the patience of a saint.
>>
>>30521126
Good on him though, she sounded genuinely interested and took something to read to become more educated. It's hard for people knowledgeable on the subject to remember how completely ignorant others can be.

But there's nothing wrong with being ignorant, if one is honest about their ignorance and wants to learn. It's the ones who hide behind ignorance like some badge of honor and preach to those who know better that are the problem.
>>
>>30520770
It is but the victims usually die much later in a hospital.
Separate kinda related story. When I was in Afghanistan some haj came up to the ECP complaining of a head wound. Turns out his buddy shot him in the head with a 22 and ended up bouncing off his skull because of the angle it hit.
>>
Ok, I'm gonna bump with a story my buddy who works at a LGS told me:

>be him
>be working a lazy Saturday
>literally 4 people in the store all day (aka no problems, got inventory and stocking done, started to sweep up early, etc)
>about 10 mins to close a wild pack of nigs come in
ohboyherewego.mpeg
>one walks up to him and mumbles something
>buddy asks him to repeat the question
>mmmMMmmMmm CHOPPAH, mmmMMMmm
>pardon?
>Chopper?
we don't have motorcycles here...
>Nah man!
>I said a "CHOPPAH"
>made uh wood, got the banana clip
>my buddy stares blankly for a minute
>do you mean an AK?
>yeh yeh, one a dose.
>buddy proceeds to ask the most regrettable question:
What style of AK are you looking for?
>gets met with a blank stare
>followed by an even blanker stare while he lists off several variants of AKs they stock
>I donno man
>jus gimme the CHOPPAH one

so this dude and his 2 friends eventually got removed from the store when he refused to fork over his ID and made his friend do it for him. I ask how frequently he deals with idiots like that and he said about 1/4th of his clientele is up CHOPPAH guys ally.
>>
>>30521535
I hate being brown sometimes. Why do I have to be related to that why
>>
>>30521514
i remember hearing about a similar incident on a true crime type show
man child tried to kill parents for insurance money
went into his parents bedroom at night and shot them in the head with 22 magnum
thing is he loaded the pistol with 22lr
think he got his dad in the ear or eye
shot mom in the skull and it didn't penetrate at point blank range
detective or whoever said the improper seal saved her life
>>
Those of you who work in an LGS, is the money good? I'm thinking of applying and working for a few years to save money for trade school. Currently a farmhand and this is alright but I need something with more reliable hours and actual pay schedules instead of cash.
>>
>>30521596
9ish an hour, college student part time for one of the big box Gun stores, I handle the phone inquiries mostly, ain't too bad
>>
>>30520770
>.22 was responsible for the most murders of all calibers.

That's because they're common, cheap, and niggers own them. An absolutely overwhelming majority of the tens of thousands of shootings in the US are chimps shooting other chimps, and almost all of those in Democrat nogunz cities. Of those, a few thousand die... mostly by accident.

It's a meaningless statistic without weighing it against ownership. It's like declaring labradors to be the most dangerous dog breed because labs bite more people than any other breed- but ignoring the fact that labs are the most popular breed and outnumber many other breeds by up to ten times over.
>>
>>30518164
>Be me, hasguns, last monday
>Shopping for rings for my bolt rifle with speshul snowflake 19mm dovetail mounts.
>Find some online but decide to check out the local fudd LGS since they stock rings for durr rifles.
>They don't have the right fitment, but offer to order some.
>Fine, I'm already here

call back friday
>Not in yet anon, we didn't order it till tuesday, so it won't be here until saturday, or next tuesday.

saturday, and tuesday come and go. Still no rings. Though, if that is the worst thing that has happened to me at any LGS, I'm doing alright. I want my goddamn scope rings though.
>>
>>30521553
>I hate being brown sometimes. Why do I have to be related to that why
Related? Yeah sure mate, and I'm related to the Queen of England because we're both white, right?
>>
>>30519223
All about shot placement. Although some will argue that center fire is marginally more reliable.
>>
File: chav_3_by_rosiekm.jpg (54 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
chav_3_by_rosiekm.jpg
54 KB, 600x800
>>30521842
Oi, we was Queens 'n shite, mate
>>
>>30521887
Marginally?

When compared to a caliber that contains a brand that's been nicknamed "thunderdud"? Same caliber that had to have a special rule written regarding misfires in the Olympics despite them using special runs of the highest grade of the unanimously considered most reliabe ammo (Eley Tenex, Eley priming is considered vastly superior to everyone else's including Lapua)?
>>
>LGS and range is run by a retired LEO and staffed by vets, other LEO, and family of vets and LEOs
>Needless to say, patience for tards is short.
>Bought enough there to be considered a regular and proved myself to not be an idiot
>Get to fingerfuck all the new arrivals before they hit the shelves and use the range practically free.
>Once they kinda just gave me a G19 to "Make room on the display"

Be nice to your LGS. Not all of them are cool, but they are people too and WILL appreciate someone not brain-dead.
>>
>>30521126
>what's the most lethal?
>they're all technically lethal

sounds like the clerk was being an autist
>>
>>30519223
It's better than a pointy stick, not as good as a larger bullet.
>>
>>30521126
>pistol permit
Jersey detected
>>
>>30521553
We are all related, no need to worry.
>>
>>30522425

Can you expand on the rule written into the Olympics for misfires? First I've heard of it.
>>
>>30519223
22 is awesome for the inexperienced shooter. 22 is better then nothing as far as defense is concerned. But go with a bigger cartrage for HD.

My choice: H&K USP 45 ACP & VEPR 12 with 3" 00 Buck

P.S. I use Promag 20 rounders to compensate for the low capacity. Otherwise I would pick a 9mm
>>
>>30521126
I work in a lgs and I love when people come in and ask me this.
>>
>>30521169
So much this. Elitism a shit. Be patient know your points. Guns arnt a secret club.

Nor is your Indonesian finger painting forum
>>
>>30521596
I make 12 an hour its good money if your in school full time. I know my shit though, and im not college age anymore. So that has got something to do with it. Just ask anyone who works retail with customers how they like it then imagine adding guns.
>>
>>30522478
>see LEO written for the first time in years
Oh wow. Reminds me of when LEO got banned by my terrible screenshot edit and the mods honored it despite how obviously fake it was.
>>
>>30521126
that's a really good line of questioning, except for the one about wounding.
>>
>>30521842
the european royal family is weirdly separate from the rest of white people.

but yes, you are related to the queen, more closely than a black or chingchong man would be. we all share some genetic material, but some people share more of it.
>>
>>30521887
>marginally

Nigger ive had like 1/5 of a box of rimfire not go off properly. I was getting weird looks from all the unfired bullets lying on the ground at the gun range.

>remshit
>also it was like 15 years old without airtight storage
>>
>>30518164
>changing gas block on AR
>oh fuck I lost the crush washer
>go to turners, take a number & wait
>hi, I need a crush washer for a 556 AR birdcage
>tard behind counter looks at me very confused
>other employee comes over to explain it to him
>tard still doesn't get it
>other employee retrieves tackle box of parts
>doesn't have motherfucking crush washer

This is why I buy shit online. I'd have bought $5 worth of washers and probably a candy bar but I guess they hate money
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.