[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sketchy or No?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 5624625_01_25_autos_640.jpg (24 KB, 640x422) Image search: [Google]
5624625_01_25_autos_640.jpg
24 KB, 640x422
I see ads like this one on armslist often in the maine listings. Near identical ads but all from different posters. "Post war .25 autos" or something similar and the ad has a different pic of an old semi or a snub nose revolver. The text is usually along the same lines and often mentions multiple guns available, privacy of gun ownership/cash and carry yardsale etc. I'm all for that and would rather handle private gun sales privately with cash and without hillary & company's nose in it. But I'm not looking to be involved in anything illegal ie. police sting trying to entice felons etc into buying pocket pistols/ saturday night specials.

Is this one vehemently private person selling quality antiques under different email addresses? Is it a shine using burner emails to sell stolen handguns? Is it the police using burner emails to entrap innocent citizens? I've been getting ready to email this dude in a couple weeks when I'm fully moved into the area but wanted to step back and get a couple additional opinions before I get spun up in something shitty by accident.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/5624625/maine-handguns-for-sale--25-autos
>>
>>30515064
sounds like old kook gunselling lingo. nothing illegal about private transactions in maine, as long as you don't say you're crazy and he doesn't say they're stolen you're g2g.
>>
>>30515064
You're fine legally speaking.

Couple of things though:

>get a bill of sale
>bring a gun
>bring a friend with a gun
>don't be an asshole
>>
>>30515183
Yeah, but you'd have one heck of a time explaining why you're in possession of a stolen firearm.
>>
>>30515064
probably a sting to catch felons.
>>
>>30515319
"I didn't know it was stolen" is a great line to add yourself to some brady campaign statistics.
>>
>>30515319
how is someone going to catch you with a stolen firearm? it gets stolen and you report it? you use it to shoot someone? you just tell the truth, you bought it in good faith from a white guy, you do it all the time, you had no idea it was stolen. worst thing that happens is you lose the gun.
>>
>>30515392
If it's a sting and the purchaser "didn't make enough of an effort to buy legally" or if they hint at it being stolen or something.
>>
>>30515426
kek where do you fucking live, california?
>>
>>30515426
if they say it's stolen, the burden of proof is on them to prove that you knowingly bought a stolen gun. they have better things to do than try to entrap people in maine, it isn't nys.

guns pass through a lot of hands, we buy and sell and trade constantly, and there are also millions of stolen guns in circulation. but i have no reason to believe any of mine are.

if you're really worried make your own guns.
>>
>>30515064

I agree that's sketchy as fuck but $75 could be a really good price for a neat old pocket pistol. If everything you're doing is legal I say go for it.
>>
>>30515533
seems like a good deal
>>
>>30515318
>bill of sale

No.
>>
File: scruffythejanitor.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
scruffythejanitor.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>30515956
second
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.