[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military bases in Japan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
Why are they such a disaster? What goes on there that makes it such a barely functional boondoggle? Or does this happen at all military bases and the Japanese ones just get more attention?

>Tech Sgt. Christopher Platte, 27, stationed at Kadena Air Base on the southern island, was arrested after a police officer spotted him driving erratically on the road in the town of Chatan on Okinawa's central region. Police said a breath test showed his blood-alcohol level exceeding the legal limit. Platte reportedly denied the allegation.

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/crime/2016/07/04/us-airman-arrested-alleged-drunken-driving-okinawa/86669154/
>>
>>30514988
This shit happens all of the time on just about any base.
>>
>>30514988
>Why are they such a disaster?
Marines plus Japanese schoolgirls minus consent.
>>
>>30514988
>scrape the absolute bottom of the barrel of american society's 17-25 yearolds who have never done anything productive with their lives
>treat them like they're special
>tell them they are tough
>then give them pay and housing for doing nothing
>watch them act out
>do nothing about it.

'Merrika
>>
File: image_2.png (280 KB, 444x440) Image search: [Google]
image_2.png
280 KB, 444x440
>>30514988
Just keep the retarded Marines on base and the problem is solved.
>>
Apparently Airmen, Sailors & Marines are lobotomized before shipping out to Oki. Add in alcohol to the mix.

Okinawa was not done any favors by the US forces in WWII and the inhabitants remember that. It was pretty much "colateral shamtteral" in WWII. Not that the Japanese forces did Oki any favors either. . . the island is highly populated, doesn't exactly like Americans, and service members generally act like the generally young dip-shits they are. Add in the fact it's a fucking island and there is nowhere to go. . .
>>
>>30514988
>inert
funny I would take her for an outtie instead
>>
>>30515075
>retarded Marines on base
so all of em?
>>
File: 1429054793397.jpg (171 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
1429054793397.jpg
171 KB, 1224x1632
>>30514988
>Or does this happen at all military bases and the Japanese ones just get more attention?

getting close.

Look at the crime rate of most of japan.

and then look at the crime rate of Okinawa.

and then realize that the Oki base has the least crime/marine ratio in the world.

and still, that means 1 out of 2 arrests is a marine.

As for why there is always an outrage, 4 in 5 of those arrested are of a very specific ethnicity. Take a guess which one.
>>
>>30514988
>someone got caught drunk driving

Breaking news. That shit happens over 10 times on a post in the US every single weekend. Stuff in Japan is under a microscope right now because Marines can't stop raping japanese children and it's hurting relations with the country
>>
>>30515062
>The modern US military is hardly bottom of the barrel.
>Generally you are treated like another body
>depends on the branch & MOS. Marine Infantry, yes-told they are tough. Air Force dental hygienist, no.
>how much do you think you get paid in the military and what kind of housing do you think you live in and do you have any clue how much work the military often is?
>like it's any different in a college town
>you do not want to be subject to military discipline
>>
Nignogs.
>>
>>30515151
>The modern US military is hardly bottom of the barrel.
It certainly is. Most bearly passed highschool at best.
>Generally you are treated like another body
yes but special apart from "civilians"
>depends on the branch & MOS. Marine Infantry, yes-told they are tough. Air Force dental hygienist, no.
They still think they're tough killers regardless of MOS, look at any air force fag strutting around in ABUs
>how much do you think you get paid in the military and what kind of housing do you think you live in and do you have any clue how much work the military often is?
Way more than they are worth, since it's all spending cash and they should have no bills (they often manage to fuck that up)
>like it's any different in a college town
Very much so, somehow less entitlement.
>you do not want to be subject to military discipline
When the hammer comes down it can be bad but usually just swept under the table or *gasp* you have to do extra duty or have some rank taken away.
>>
>>30515195
>bearly
barely*
>>
>>30514988
okinawan women are just prone to being raped
>>
>>30514988
marines
>>
File: 1465921698797.png (41 KB, 334x181) Image search: [Google]
1465921698797.png
41 KB, 334x181
>>30515205
WEW LAD
>>
>>30515114
Asian?

I jest we all know it is niggers
>>
>>30514988

Nothing compared to the drug/racial violence endemic at the end of Vietnam.

https://msuweb.montclair.edu/~furrg/Vietnam/heinl.html
>>
ITT: no one who had been stationed on Okinawa

It's like anywhere, you get some bad apples that fuck it up for everyone. It's just extra sensitive because the okinawan right wing wants us to leave
>>
>>30516571
Addendum: far right and far left
>>
>>30516571
marines have been raping the locals longer than you've been breathing air

oh, and one bad apple SPOILS THE WHOLE BARREL
>>
>>30515049
equals a standard anime show formula?

seriously, why haven't they made THAT show? all girl's high school burns down and they're forced through ridiculous plot device to move it to base facilities. cue locker room hijinx with cut-away slap sounds, etc. see? done. I'll wait for my check in the mail.
>>
>stationed in Japan
>nothing to do
>seriously, even less to do than being stationed in the US
>dumbass military dudes can't be assed to learn the local language
>bored, horny, and loaded, they go out on the town
>think it's like back home where girls swoon over military guys
>get drunk as shit a lot because nothing to do and have too much money
>go overboard hitting on women who want nothing to do with them
>pisses off the local men in the process
>take things too far and rape
>think they're invincible because HURRAH ARMY STRONG FOR LIFE

People who join the military tend to be borderline retarded. Even if you respect them for serving, you have to realize they're mostly all dumbasses.
>>
>>30515078
>It was pretty much "colateral shamtteral" in WWII.
Civilians, including children, running into advancing columns and detonating grenades every so often plus home defense squads using the local populace as meat shields while fighting from within their villages tends to do that.
>>
Marines are Marines and are going to be dumbasses.

On a related note: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a7ivaCyh4w
>>
I was stationed near Tokyo, but I can provide some insight.

1. for some reason there is a persistent thought at the bases that Japanese women are easy. That they are practically throwing themselves at american military. This is partially reinforced by the Gaijin Hunters. Women that go to the cars and clubs that Americans frequent. They date military guys because it is trendy. Something they do before they marry a proper japanese man. You can pick your self up a bar girl and date her for a few weeks or months. She'll come back to your quarters for sex and likely will cook for you too. I've saw many that will put up with their soldier playing video games all day. Just so long as they go out and do something that night.
2. the language and culture barrier is high. unless you are a weeb, and there are a lot of weebs in the military, Japan might as well be Mars. Unlike Europe, where the language is indoeuropean and the culture is familiar enough. So service members feel huge intimidation about going off base. The comfort zone is just to stick to the bars, clubs and other places where soldiers frequent. Because the Japanese have likely put things in English to help out. It is already hard enough to get soldiers to go out and do things like normal people.
3. sea duty, and deployments. You've just been on a ship for 6 months or in the sand box. So you need to go out and rock out with your cock out. Crime in Yokosuka rises and falls with the carrier being out or in.
4. military women are cancer. they just aren't worth the effort. ugly, horrible personalities, demanding, and if chance of false rape accusations are high. plus the military is a sausage party. So the sausage to taco ratio is bad.
5. command failures. you can have all the SHARP powerpoints you want. if you are a shitty commander, have bad working conditions and terrible morale. Then you are going to have soldiers acting out in their off time. a little extra time off goes a long way.
>>
>>30516809
The japs don't like being reminded that they are still occupied by the people who kicked their asses 70 years ago.
>>
>>30515129
This. US bases in Japan a bad rep locally, but a guy getting pulled over and arrested for DUI is back page news even at kadena
>>
>>30516951
They don't like remembering much of anything about WWII, do they?
>>
>>30515129
So basically we just can't have nice things because marines won't stop eating crayons long enough for anyone else to make up for the shit they pull?
>>
>>30517014
cultural thing.

WW2 is a great shame for them.

Japanese don't talk about their shame.

Unlike the German, who went full fucking retard. They are destroying Europe, once again, to prove they are not Nazis.
>>
>>30517014
Only stuff they can be delusional about. I remember one anime about the fucktard bombers where they wanted to believe that they took out a carrier with one instead of just blowing up an AA gun on one.

>>30517034
Germany is what happens when you let liberals take over. They guilt-trip their people into doing things because it looks like they're trying to be good people...and now they have school girls afraid to report sexual assault by migrants because they're afraid something will happen to the migrants.
>>
>>30516923
oh, i forgot one other.

service members, dependents, US civilian employees .They think that they won't get in trouble with the Japanese legal system. That some how all that will happen to them is them getting sent back to america.

some kids put a rope across a street just outside Yokota air base a few years ago. some japanese woman riding her scooter down the street hit the rope in the neck and it threw her off the scooter and she hit pavement. her skull fractured and she nearly died.

The kids once found out, where kept on base by the parents. Hoping to keep them away from Japanese arrest and courts. It didn't work.

I know at least one got convicted of attempted murder and got a suspended sentence.
>>
>>30516923
>military women are cancer. They just aren't worth the effort.
The truth! This man speaketh the truth! I have a buddy who married someone in his platoon. They're now at different duty stations but he's at the same base as me. Now she's texting him that she's going to cheat on him with one of her NCOs. And now I have to take him out this weekend to forget about the whore.
>>
>>30517127
I don't understand why servicemen/women can marry each other.
>>
>>30517165
If it weren't for kids growing up in broken homes on base, who would enlist?

That and family values.
>>
>>30517165
Me neither. They were fucking for a long time and out PSG knew. He even joked about it on occasion. Now he wants a divorce because he sees how bad she is. We tried to warn him. I didn't want this for my battle buddy.
>>
>>30517165
It is a mystery. The only happy dual military couple i have ever seen, that was past the assignment they married at. Was a warrant married to a ssg.
>>
>>30517097
I'm pretty sure they tell you about the host nation's SOFA as soon as you get there, and, while I don't know about Japan's, both Korea's and Germany's briefs make it crystal clear to you that if you act a fool off post you will be arrested and you can be charged by the local authorities and still face UCMJ for whatever you do there, and this applies to both service members and dependents.
>>
>>30517253
oh they do that in Japan. everyone that gets stationed in Japan as to spend a week in introduction class, when they first arrive.

that still doesn't stop idiots.

I had a soldier get stopped at the gate on his way out. the japanese gate guards and MP make him and anyone else leaving that night, do a breatalyzer. He blew just at the Japanese limit of .03, which is under the on base limit of .05.

So all they did was hold him and call his commander. The commander, being the ROTC baby POG female, she is, called everyone in on our monday off, to make everyone blow a breathalyzer. Even though the incident happened saturday night. the few of use that blew over, couldn't get in trouble anways. Since we had a training holiday monday. We couldn't be expected to not be drunk still from sunday night drinking. So she just punished us all by taking our monday morning.

idiot was trying to drive off base to get some McDonalds at midnight. because he is the kind of shitbag married soldier that lives in a house and plays xbox all the time. No food in his kitchen, too much of a kid to just do with out till the morning.
>>
>>30514988
Welp, hate to say it but I know this chick.
>>
Honestly, its all blown out of proportion. The service member crime rates are lower than the general population, its just that there ARE crimes being comitted. There is no way to stop this, prevent this.

Take a couple thousand people of any group for an indefinite amount of time, something will happen.

The optics are bad, however. In spite of the bad optics, those soldiers are not going anywhere with china stirring the pot. Japan needs the US right where it is.
>>
>>30516828
Plus we were learning what japs thought of POWs unit 731 ring any bells?
>>
>>30516809

ahahaha I fucking kek'd
>>
>>30515205
You either are some far detached officer in a pog no real military unit. Or a fedora fag civi with zero military know how out side of movies and this board becuse you speak right out of your sphincter you retard.
>>
File: CdujYiBUMAAh_2X.jpg (146 KB, 600x844) Image search: [Google]
CdujYiBUMAAh_2X.jpg
146 KB, 600x844
Japanon here. Pls get your rapemarines and alcoholics out of the country.
>>
>>30517165
They do it for the BAH
>>
>>30518701
Marines aren't soldiers, they're retards
>>
>>30515195
>It certainly is. Most bearly passed highschool at best.
The US Military has a higher percentage of college degrees than the general population.
>>
>>30520878
hey free college or greatly reduced post secondary education benefits tend to do that
>>
>>30514988

Niggers.
>>
>>30520540
>nips yearn for freedom.jpg
>>
>>30514988
Asian Bases are generally shit for some reason.

Look up the retarded niggery going on in Korean and Philippine bases as well.
>Airforce assholes doing stunts.
>Nigger servicemen leaving illegitimate children everywhere.
>>
>>30516571
>a few

>>30516587
You mean 80% of Okinawans.
>>
>>30515075
>retarded Marines
Redundant words are redundant.
>>
File: amerikkka.jpg (135 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
amerikkka.jpg
135 KB, 600x800
>>30514988

Why are they such a disaster?
>>
China should just fucking sink these Marine and Navy faggots next time they move out, so they will never come back to rape our women!

I cant imagine I say this, but at this point I hate those American shitlords much more than I hate chinks.

Sorry.

私は日本人です。
>>
>>30521363
China?
what the fuck are you blabbering about?
>>
>>30514988
It's the sailors that are the problem. At least when I was stationed there.
>>
>>30520540
i hope this is a JAV
>>
>>30514988
It's a depressing as fuck duty station where you never deploy or do anything so you spend all your days drinking until you get to go home. You basically get cabin fever after a month or two of being there. Unless you're an E-6 and above Oki fucking sucks.
>>
>>30517127
Uhh...don't you get in deep shit for having an affair in the military?
>>
>>30521418
>>>30515062
>Pretty much this. Crybabies demanding special treatment because they bought into the whole hero meme
>>>30515151
>Butt flustered and in denial is a sad combination

why you delete?
>>
>>30515062
>treat them like they're special

First thing they do is erase the concept of individuality dip shit
>>
>>30515195
>They still think they're tough killers regardless of MOS, look at any air force fag strutting around in ABUs
AFfag here, ABUs are comfy but I haven't met a single airman who thinks that it makes them tough. Security Forces are the only retards who have an undeserved sense of being badasses but that's due to the gun/armor and being told they are a "combat AFSC".
>>
>>30521040
>Look up the retarded niggery going on in Korean and Philippine bases as well.
>>Airforce assholes doing stunts
While I was in Korea, it was always the Army that fucked up everything for everyone. AF literally dindunuffin but we got slapped with a major curfew thanks to assholes in the 2nd Infantry Division raping and beating and burning down bars.
>>
File: 1430620225835.jpg (48 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1430620225835.jpg
48 KB, 540x540
>>30514988

Wait a minute OP.

Milfags get drunk?

Milfags get drunk and drive?

OH SAY IT ISN'T FUCKING SO!!!!
>>
>>30514988
Drunk driving has probably caused more military casualties to US personnel than combat action since WWII.
>>
>>30518701
>The service member crime rates are lower than the general population,
Because a lot of times, crimes are handled unofficially.
>>
>>30515075
Why are you so butthurt by the Marines?
Did they not let you in so you had to put on your cute little sailor outfit and pretend you were a soldier?
>>
>>30515049
Mostly black Marines to be honest. Nip girls won't date monkeys so they take it by force.

It's mostly blacks who rape
>>
File: 1465404250108.png (102 KB, 534x548) Image search: [Google]
1465404250108.png
102 KB, 534x548
>>30515062
hahaha what?

I'd say you're baiting but /k/'s average IQ has plummeted in the past 6 months.
>>
>>30523503
Camp Lejune here. Stateside motorcycle accidents alone have a higher causality rate than combat deployment
>>
>>30524611
Came here to say this, its a nigger problem not so much a military base problem.
>>
>>30523543
No, most is handled under article 15 of the UCMJ. That's as far from unofficial as it gets.
>>
>>30524611
Integrating the armed forces was a mistake.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.