[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is .38 super a meme round? Why is it so popular with drug cartels?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: RIA_38_Super.jpg (354 KB, 1000x589) Image search: [Google]
RIA_38_Super.jpg
354 KB, 1000x589
Is .38 super a meme round? Why is it so popular with drug cartels?
>>
>>30511252

>Is .38 super a meme round?
Yeah, kind of.

>Why is it so popular with drug cartels?
Because it's legal to own .38 super in Mexico
>>
>>30511252
>Why is it so popular with drug cartels
Because in Mexico you can't (or they make it real difficult, I'm not a Mexican lawyer) own a gun chambered for a common military cartridge.

Italy has similar laws which is why 9x21mm is popular there as an alternative to 9x19.
>>
>>30511252
Back in the prohibition era it was actually pretty potent, it'd penetrate armor and car bodies which .38S&W or .38 Special didn't

In Mexico, and many parts of South America, .45ACP and 9mm Luged are "military" cartridges, and .357 is often restricted for other faggot reasons, so .38 Super is one of the few pistol cartridges north of .380ACP which is legal.
>>
I wonder if there would be a market in Mexico for those saiga rifles in .220 russian, just sell 30 round mags for them and after market bits, you could make some pesos off that maybe.
>>
I didn't know the ATF was selling .38 super firearms now. I somehow doubt that cartels care about the legality of the ammo they're using in their illegal weapons. The civilians they're slaughtering are probably carrying super when they kill them or it's stolen from stores.
>>
>>30511259
>legal
It's not
>>
>>30511886
wikipedia says otherwise
>>
>>30511886
Yes it is, though there's bullshit laws, .38 Super is an allowed round.

Mexico is like the biggest reason Colt still makes pistols in that caliber
>>
>>30511252
What kind of performance does 38 super give?

Is it like +p 9mm?
>>
>>30511960
Vaguely.

9mm Luger can be loaded hotter still.
>>
>>30511252
No, not that you have any idea what a fucking meme is in there first place.

>>30511960
It can hit 1450fps with standard 9mm bullets if that's what you're asking, and depending on the source there is no .38super +p, as +p the moniker was added long after the super was out, with the same ballistics so guys wouldn't blow up .38autos.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.