[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ruger LC9s Pro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: ruger_lc9s_pro_gold.jpg (111 KB, 732x695) Image search: [Google]
ruger_lc9s_pro_gold.jpg
111 KB, 732x695
Thoughts on the Ruger LC9s Pro? I've had mixed experiences with Ruger, but there's just something about this pistol that appeals to me. Are they reliable? Any common problems? How are they to shoot?
>>
Rugers are great for reliability and Ruger has a great warranty on them

The finish comes off and they're not fun to shoot, but they're very good for low budgets
>>
>>30507243
They shoot bullets reliably for a cheap price with zero comfort or added feature.

Also

B O R E A X I S
O
R
E
A
X
I
S
>>
>>30507367
>The finish comes off
I noticed that they now make a "gold" cerakoted version. I'm not keen on gold color, but anything is better than bluing for a concealed-carry pistol.
>>
>>30507387
Explain?
>>
>>30507243
This pistol is too damn small and that makes me angry.
>>
>>30507243
7+1 of 9mm+P
reliable, and Ruger will take care of you if it's not
can pocket carry if you want

Don't listen to that other faggot anon, there is nothing wrong with the finish.
>>
Own one. I would prefer a safety, but dont mind too much. Pretty reliable, good trigger, comfortable to shoot with standard loads.

Any question. Ill be around for 20 min
>>
>>30507849
>Own one. I would prefer a safety, but dont mind too much. Pretty reliable, good trigger, comfortable to shoot with standard loads.

I have the LC9s non pro model with a safety.

Love it.

I dont get the "its one more thing to go wrong arguement". A well designed eronomic safety that is hard to engage and easy to disengage (like the LC9 is pressure to engage it is 3 timess what it takes to disengage it) is perfect for Carrying all day. You are not a police officer that will have to draw in an half second unless you are blind deaf and dumb.

If you are trying to fire with the safety on then you are dumbass who has not trained enough.
>>
I wish Jncos would come back so I could pocket carry a 10mm long slide :(
>>
Buy it, OP. One of the best CCW's on the market hands down.

My top 5 in no particular order are:
Sig Sauer P938
Springfield XDs
Walther PK380
Glock 43
Ruger LC9S Pro
>>
>>30507868
I just bought an LC9s for summer carry a few weeks ago, and while it is harder to engage the safety than disengage it, it's still really easy to do both. If I didn't get such a good deal on it I'd probably have just paid a little extra for the pro.

Either way I'd say get it OP. It's one of the smallest 9mms you can get, the trigger on it is good, and it's cheap. If money isn't a problem at all the Glock 43 might be a better pick since you need a paperclip or something to disassemble the LC9s, but it's not really a big deal. I just took the ~$200 I saved and bought ammo to practice with instead. None of these guns are going to be particularly fun to shoot or accurate, they're all just for short range defense.
>>
I have the non-pro version and like it. The trigger is worlds better than the original LC9. For me, I wanted the safety switch. It doesn't get in the way and I'm accustomed to disengaging it as I draw.

All in all, good gun. Ruger warranty a bonus.
>>
So I'm torn between the lc9s pro and mp shield I handled the pro in gun store and really like it, but I also like my dad's shield because it shoots like a fullsize thanks to slide another thing why I like the shield is becuase of low bore axis and from what I understand a low bore axis equals a accurate gun esp when rapid fired or just better of then a high bore.

I really want the pro because it's smaller but i wanna know how bad is a high bore axis esp in a subcompact gun. Because that seems to be the only thing that's buggin me like in this guys post.

>>30507387
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1936x2592
>>30510550
Bump for answer pic related my current set up
>>
>>30507243
I dont know how I feel about not having a safety on a single action, but my regular LC9s has been perfect for me so far. Ive been carrying mine for a year now and the finish is just starting to wear on the corners
>>
>>30507407

Not sure about the gold, but every other Ruger I've ever seen has wear on the finish wear.

The "gold" is probably just colored stainless, so it will come off in time too. I wouldn't pay extra for a gold color if it costs more

These guns are made to be cheap daily drivers, not safe queens.
>>
I carry the lc9s pro daily. I have the gold slide and I noticed the finish can get flawed, but not horrendously. It has an awesome trigger and a good warranty. It's a very stiff gun to rack and it has kick but that's the trade off you have to make for its size. There also isn't a lot of aftermarket options compared to a glock but I recommend it.
>>
>>30508714
Honestly you don't even need a paperclip to get the pin out. Whenever I break mine down gravity just does the work
>>
Shield is better
>>
>>30510550
Any gun is only as accurate as you are. Just practice with the Ruger and you'll be fine. Subcompacts aren't lasers anyway, they're meant for close range defense.

>>30513537
Ive only disassembled it two or 3 times, once when I first got it and then after each time I've gone shooting with it. Maybe I just have to loosen it up more/wear it in. It's not a big deal either way.
>>
Had the chance to fire a few mags through my buddy's the other day. Had some kind of issue with the mags and I ended up having to cup the bottom to get it to feed right. Not sure how many others have had this problem but seeing that's enough for me to buy something else.
>>
>>30512861
>The "gold" is probably just colored stainless, so it will come off in time too. I wouldn't pay extra for a gold color if it costs more
No, it's actually the same price. I WISH they made a stainless version. This is a cerakote finish, which is extremely durable and corrosion resistant. I just wish they cerakoted their guns in black normally.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.