[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mitsubishi F-2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: AIR_F-2_and_F-4EJ_lg.jpg (113 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
AIR_F-2_and_F-4EJ_lg.jpg
113 KB, 1024x768
So aside from being slightly bigger and costing a fuck-ton more, what advantages does the, F-2 have over the F-16?
>>
>>30501396

create Japanese jobs and making the JSDF kill against the chinks
>>
>>30501396
It's main point is being able to carry Anti shipping ASMs, and I guess for a single engine fighter being bigger with more internal fuel without sacrificing pylons to fuel pods is good when operating over open water, but that's what in flight refueling is for anyways so I don't know. Come to think of it I don't know if Japan has tankers, but I assume they are NATO standard.
This thread discusses some things
http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14117
>>
>>30501396
Wings made from a mirrion times folded steer
>>
>>30501396
AESA radar.

Kinda weird with their choice tho. USN rejected F-16 as a naval fighter, yet the japs chose it as a naval fighter
>>
>>30501531
It's not carrier-based, tho.
>>
>>30501531
Its AESA was so immature that it was outperformed by twist-cassegrain systems already in use.

>>30501424
create Japanese jobs

Nail on the head.

It existed almost purely to product an F-16+ that propped up a domestic industry.
>>
>>30501492
F-16s can't fire harpoons? I've seen vids of Israeli ones firing ASMs
>>
>>30501492
>but that's what in flight refueling is for anyways so I don't know.

It's always good to have more ranger and higher payload capacity. Reduces logistical strain a lot.
Remember, many (most) countries can't afford the massive logistical arm that the United States military has.
>>
>>30502239
>have more ranger

Jesus christ, I cannot into brain today.
>>
>>30501424
Japanese jobs pretty much
>>
File: F-4_9.jpg (412 KB, 1600x1070) Image search: [Google]
F-4_9.jpg
412 KB, 1600x1070
>>30501396

I love the blue two-tone paint scheme the JASDF uses, especially on Phantoms.
>>
>>30502307
>Japanese meatball on an American plane
>picture taken on a Japanese or Korean camera and posted on an American imageboard
>where Americans discuss anime
It just struck me how symbolic that is of the ties between our countries at this point.
>>
>>30501492
They've got five tankers with another 3 in the pipeline.

Thing is, when you're trying to operate across a huge area of ocean at any real tempo, there realistically just isn't going to be a tanker avaiable every time you'd want one, so bulding your planes with higher fuel range in mind makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>30502348
Who has a greater affect on the other's culture? America or Japan?
>>
Glorious nippon steel.

Mostly for strategic reasons to keep the japanese arms industry alive and gaining experience. Since they can't export because of their laws they have to make shit only they can use. Which is why they're so expensive. Can't get help from other countries to carry the development costs and slash prices.
>>
>>30502348
>posted from my iphone built in chinkland

Basically Asia and America should just take over at this point and prepare for a holy war against islam
>>
>>30504155
The US has a greater impact on Japan. We've been a major shaper of their cultural evolution since Commodore Perry opened the country for trade in the 1850s and that didn't exactly taper off after we nuked them twice, rebuilt them in our image, and wired them in to the internet. Weebs are considered weird for liking Japanese stuff in the US, but liking American stuff in Japan is normal, and most of them have rudimentary English classes in high school.

In contrast, Japan's changes to the US have been minor. They showed us ways we could run our businesses better by outcompeting us in the 70s and 80s, and have been bulk exporting their entertainment since the rise of the NES and anime. There were worries in the 90s that they would totally replace Hollywood and Microsoft, but nowadays Jap games and anime are weird, niche things again.
>>
>>30501424
this and to kick start the Jap aviation industry
>>
>>30504278
>>posted from my iphone built in chinkland
Thinkpad built in Chinkland, so close enough. /pol/tards jerk off about how the US and Europe have such deep ties and so many similarities, but the reality is our ties across the Pacific matter just as much as our ties across the Atlantic. We'd BE a part of Asia if we hadn't let the Flips go, and arguably we still are given how deeply we're involved with the domestic politics and national defense of Japan and South Korea.
>>
>>30502239
you do know lots of generals made the mistake of thinking the F-16 had "short legs" because it was small and had one engine? They were pissed when it turned out it didn't and ol Col Boyd had the last laugh.
>>
>>30504280
>but nowadays Jap games and anime are weird, niche things again.

Japanese entertainment has always been geared to the japanese audience, they really don't give a fuck about foreigners. Even though they should because they're losing out on a lot of cash. It's basically impossible for western fans to get tickets to events in japan because they're old sold in japan, foreign IP's are banned from purchasing online.

I wonder how things would have been different if they tried to pander to western audiences more. The only one who does that is Kojima because he's a major westaboo. And the metal gear series is hugely popular in the west.
>>
>>30504280
They have english from the 1st grade of elementary school onwards, although it's just rote memorisation of simple words and phrases until about 6th grade. They start learning proper grammar and writing skills in 1st grade of junior high.
>>
>>30504278
fuck yes

combined GDP of West + Asia is basically the entire world. We should unite against middle east and africa then divide it up.
>>
>>30504359
>I wonder how things would have been different if they tried to pander to western audiences more.
They would lose their entire domestic market. Most of the things that /a/ hates about anime today are due to pandering to stupid, backwards Nips, or blind cost cutting like we see in guns. The move from steel and wood to sharted-out composite stocks and polymer everythings is akin to anime studios moving from hand drawing and coloring to computer-coloring and full 3DCG art - worse quality, but cheaper and faster.
>>
>>30504405
>We should unite against middle east and africa then divide it up.
China is already on board with this. They're pseudo-colonizing a bunch of east Africa. We just need to hash out some influence-zone boundaries like the Euros did in the 18th and 19th centuries.
>>
>>30504411
Nip otakus really are strange motherfuckers, they actually enjoy all that rehashed self insert harem bullshit.
>>
>>30504447
you say that like you didn't enjoy Tenchi Muyo, and i mean the two original OVAs, not the other crap.
>>
AESA Radar
>>
>>30504155
By far the US

Japs give us cars and TV's and animu to rot our brains with, US has been the defining cultural force in Japanese society since 1945.
>>
>>30504933

>>30504506
Tenchi is great. The problem is that harem shows in 2016 are telling the same damn stories Ranma and Tenchi were telling in 1995.
>>
How good / bad is the new X-2?
>>
>>30505417
Just an educated guess based off of previous programs:

>Has the potential to be kinematically better than the F-35
>avionics will probably be fairly good, but mostly domestically made
>likely going to be replacement for F-15J
>will be absurdly expensive due to no export, domestic production, and small production run
>>
>>30505417
It's cute, and it's better than any other stealth plane outside of the US right now. I predict at least ten appearances in anime within two years.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.