[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Middle East Thread "ALEPPO CALLING"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 28
File: karta.jpg (120 KB, 824x662) Image search: [Google]
karta.jpg
120 KB, 824x662
Lavrov : discussing with Washington specific issues related to strike terrorists in Syria.
>>
File: 1467620899217.jpg (299 KB, 800x1028) Image search: [Google]
1467620899217.jpg
299 KB, 800x1028
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYLLU8RIN28
>>
post your favourite nasheeds mujahid :^)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxo9iEX8W1c&list=PL9gduorlcesKTqtHLOjhGP9Yr1oZCfrab&index=12
>>
File: 3AOpo.jpg (219 KB, 1026x793) Image search: [Google]
3AOpo.jpg
219 KB, 1026x793
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KfvQ9Vzn3k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TOWuNMblqk
>>
>>30498836
>No context beyond 'muh park'
That's some real objective reporting right there mhmm-hmm.
>>
>>30497721
>That Baghdad suicide bomb yesterday got updated to 213 deaths.
>Not bad even for iraqi standards; it should be in the Top3 or Top5 at least, especially if it keeps rising.

They were massive VBIEDs targeting two high-traffic spots in the middle of a peak time of a festival season. Of course the death toll is higher than when they had to use 4-5 VBIEDs during off-peak seasons. It also comes after IS' VBIED factories in Fallujah are seized by the ISF and militia, just so they can establish that their ability to bomb soft targets hasn't diminished.

IS is really having a field day timing their bombings fittingly, what with their lost of Fallujah and the end of Ramadan.

>inb4 it was the will Allah.
>>
has anything happened in the past two months?
>>
File: 14662470280630.png (48 KB, 251x222) Image search: [Google]
14662470280630.png
48 KB, 251x222
>>30501507
>>
https://www.flightradar24.com/NIGHT1/a3baa2b
https://www.flightradar24.com/a3ba3e4

There's a lot of tankers and shit appearing in North of Irak's sky tonight.
>>
File: 20160704_2250_Mosul_nocallsign.png (437 KB, 970x711) Image search: [Google]
20160704_2250_Mosul_nocallsign.png
437 KB, 970x711
>>30501909
And a Beech 300 doing circles, is it an ATC ?

http://fr.flightaware.com/photos/view/48096-d843624d83db05282d9fe5ef3948c48e9fd542ad/aircrafttype/BE30
>>
>>30501507
Yes
>>
>>30501956
ISR, probably
>>
>>30502005
yes I read this
https://theaviationist.com/2016/05/27/flightradar24-exposes-the-presence-of-u-s-and-allied-spyplanes-operating-over-daesh-stronghold-in-iraq/

So there was two tankers, NIGHT1 (RAF) and a RAAF one
somebody on the ground with ADS-B capability (DVB receiver, an antenna made of a can and a string of copper and a computer, so cheap as fuck) can have the same intel, I am surprised they don't turn off the transponder, it's not like there is a lot of other aircrafts in the zone.
Maybe in link with Saudi Arabia suicide bombings.
>>
>>30500850
215 I believe. And it will rise more.

Then again, 7,000+ died in Mecca from that stampede.
>>
we space kebabs now

https://youtu.be/gHd5ooM0bd4
>>
Why are there so many Assad shills in these threads? Let Assad, Iran, Hezzies, etc. burn alongside ISIS.
>>
>>30501507
Not really.

Assadfags saying "victory any day now", the same as they've been saying for the last 5 years daily.

The truth is even if/when Assad forces can conventionally retake the country thanks to massive foreign assistance, there's still years of bitter Iraq-style sectarian guerrilla war ahead. Syria is finished as a country and there's no end in sight to this.
>>
File: SekelJew.jpg (131 KB, 620x880) Image search: [Google]
SekelJew.jpg
131 KB, 620x880
>>30503046
>>
serious question

Why don't people put explosives on drones and fly them into the enemy position?

Seems like some sort of air support from dumb drones bombing would be effective and affordable.
>>
>>30503651
This is not the first time someone suggest that here, and if memory doesn't fail me, I think a remember a report, some months ago, about something similar. I just dont remember if was the Rebels or ISIS who did it, but they used it to kill some important target (enemy commander). I Also dont remember if the little drone dropped a bomb on the commander guy, or if was a explosive drone and he dropped himself in the target, I think it was the latter.
>>
>>30503651
Israel invented kamikaze drones, they sold them to Azerbaijan which used them in the conflict against armenia earlier this year

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAI_Harop
>>
File: gay.jpg (115 KB, 561x347) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
115 KB, 561x347
>>30503159
>If you don't shill for Iran you're Jewish

k
>>
>>30503651
>Why don't people put explosives on drones and fly them into the enemy position?

It's called a cruise missile
>>
>>30503651
That was a serious question? Wow.
Our missiles can hit extremely, extremely precise and small areas, and it is much cheaper to keep making bombs and missiles than to waste drones. You gotta keep that military industrial complex going, and if you're not firing your missiles, you're not making anymore, and people lose jobs.

Just look at that Abrams plant that got told that because we have 5,000 brand new Abrams that they had to close down the factory, and the gov came back and said no, you can't, too many people are employed there to just turn it all off.

This is why we have shit tons of planes and tanks and shit just left in the fucking sandbox, its cheaper and more beneficial to just leave them there than it is to fucking bring em back.
>>
File: hes face is the real prize.png (1 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
hes face is the real prize.png
1 MB, 1024x576
Some worrisome news for the SDF/YPG around Manbij; ISIS exploded a VBIED in al-Zaatar factory, north of the city, claiming some 20 SDF/YPG killed. There was also a suicide attack near Datad village, as well as ISIS claiming the recapture of the Thyme Factory, near Datad.

ISIS also captured the brother of the late SDF commander, that now gives the name for the whole Manbij campaign, Abu Leila;

https://twitter.com/putintintin1/status/750073615173943296

ISIS also captured this guy in the pic. Poor fucker. Kurdish news are quoting the SDF militar council as saying that there are still around some 600 inside of Manbij.
>>
>>30504761
Those were pretty ineffecve. It was hilarious, considering the Azeris attempted "blitzkrieg" broke apart in four days. Don't get me started with their "special forces" getting blown to bits by artillery.
>>
>>30504945
Nice photoshop kike
>>
>>30503046
Someone worse, most likely Wahhabi extremists, may take their place anyway. At least the Shia's, for all their religious nutjobbery, have some semblance of separation of religion and state and some respect for modernization, while Sunni leaderships struggle to rein in runaway Wahhabi influences that are hell-bent in realizing their vision for medieval theocracies.

Better for Shia's to maintain a counterbalance in the Mideast than allow the place to turn into another post-Soviet Afghanistan and in turn become another headache for the West.
>>
>>30505094
Damn, they are holding onto Mabij like no tomorrow.
SDF might have went for it a little soon on this one.
>>
>>30506078
Actually, a lighting offense would had been appropriate to limit the amount of options IS has to counterattack. If they stopped too soon they would have to deal with more organized IS counteroffensives from Manbij as opposed the frantic response that IS had to take.

The problem is the SDF, either because of shortage of manpower or heavy IS garrisons and waves of VBIEDs, lost their window to take the city with minimal casualties after dragging the offensive on for a month, giving IS forces ample time to draft up a more coherent counteroffensive.

>>30505094
Dire as the situation is, it's still hard to say who's winning here.

Air strikes are still beating back IS forces, and a VBIED attack with this level of devastation against the SDF is more of an exception than the rule because the SDF and air support have been able to destroy several VBIEDs around Manbij before. The only question now is whether the SDF is receiving reinforcements from across the Euphrates.
>>
The Admiral Kuzetnov is poised for dispatch in the autumn equipped with jet fighters and armoured helicopters ready to fight the terrorist group

The huge ship can carry up to 41 planes and 18 helicopters and is 305m long.
It will be based close enough to the Syrian coastline so that Russian troops can complete military tasks and return back, a source told TASS.
The military-diplomatic source said: 'The General Staff has prepared a plan for involvement of the deck aircraft in delivering strikes on terrorist groups in the Syrian Arab Republic, where the crews will practice taking off the carrier to deliver strikes on ground targets.'
In a joint effort between the Admiral Kuzetnov's crew and military located at the Latakia airbase in Western Syria, strikes will be carried out in close coordination.
>>
>>30506379
Have posted here earlier. As said previously, I was for about 7 months with the YPG, and I guess the reason that they still cant take the city is because a few factors.

- They are not very competent soldiers, fanatic, yes. But their skillset varies, and most, even the PKK ones are not well trained, and they all endorse the 40 year old suicidal tactics their commanders lay out for them. Most of them have a martyr complex and are willing to go to their deaths for the man on the island. Just as much as the daesh fighters are willing to go into certain death for paradise.

-They are not willing to learn from their french and american advisors on how to do thing because of "muh undefeated guerilla tactics".

-In the two operations that I was in they attacked with what seemed as inferior numbers, but due to the geography of the area, the US airstrikes were far more effective than in a city, and I guess that has made them overconfident in battle. Manbij is a large city, so obvious airstrikes wont help as much. Also the isis garrison is way larger (due to its importance and the conscription of locals) than anticipated.

-ISIS despite what western media etc says are still highly motivated, and even though they have a lot of village idiots fighting for them, they are in general better fighters and better equiped than YPG/SDF. (Wearing western equipment, having IFACs, plates, actually zeroing their rifles etc)
>>
File: what.gif (4 MB, 531x354) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
4 MB, 531x354
>>30505094
Isn't the Al-zaatar factory in Aleppo though?
>>
Anyways with some hopefully good updates:
It seems that with air support returning to the area the ISIS offensives have been stalled. Always take ISIS gains with a grain of salt, they completely bullshitted taking a town east of Manbij earlier.
>>
How is Afghanistan going? Is ISIS and the taliban getting weaker or stronger?
>>
>>30508346
>Rifles mattering in an actual war

Whew son. How were their machine guns?
>>
Jaf pivoting from Latakia to southern Aleppo (supposedly)
Anyways some pro rebel sources are saying there is a Jaf attack starting on Al Hadher now.
>>30508473
I take every side's gains with a grain of salt. Blindly only believing one side is how you lose grip of reality.
>>
>>30508346
thanks for the analysis anon

do you have any good stories from your time in the YPG? Did you score with any kurdish qts?
>>
>>30508433
No idea, anon, I also don't know if Thyme factory and the al-Zaatar factory could be the same place, but referred with different names. Looking at the map, he only thing north of Manbij and near Datad, that could be called a factory, is a cement plant.

I think the greatest problem with Manbij is that the SDF/YPG thought that it could be like Shaddadi; encircle the city, waste the ISIS attempts to relieve it, push nearby enemy forces away from the city and wait until the enemy garrison surrender/flee, all while supported by airstrikes. Its a very rough simplification of the Shaddadi, but you guys got what I trying to say.

But Manbij and the city ISIS garrison are not like Shaddadi, in many ways.

I dont think that the SDF/YPG will lose this one, for each ISIS photo of a dead or captured SDF/YPG fighter, the SDF/YPG have photos of three to five ISIS figthers killed. What I think is that the SDF will get out of this one bleeding more than what they initially expected, and this could delay any attempts to march further west, in the immediate near future.
>>
>>30508532
Most stuff is slavshit. PKMs, 12.7 (which the kurds call 12.5, and they actually believe it is 12.5mm) 14.5mms and the odd 23mm here and there. Most are do not have working sights, and ive seen people engage stuff 700meters away with a PKM, without readjusting the sights. Machinegun fire is almost never accurate, its just spraying in a general direction, hoping to allah or apo that they hit something. In this war rifles matters as they are all shitty equiped and there are few tanks, armoured vehicles etc. I have seen people missing a SVBIED with a javelin, twice, after it came straight at us from a km away. Luckily a tank and a 23mm stopped it 100-200m away. During the same attack, a girl from one of the positions a km away tried to shoot the SVBIED with an RPG (1000meters away) and fired the round in the ground about 40meters away from herself and her comrades.

Almost got sniped when I was masturbating on guard.

Didnt score with anyone, many QTs, but they watch over each other like hawks, and the guys are just as cockblocking as the ugly girls. Most of the volunteers do not score.
>>
File: its safer with protection.png (941 KB, 1268x675) Image search: [Google]
its safer with protection.png
941 KB, 1268x675
A couple of happenings to start the thread day:

- ISIS is attacking the SAA in eastern Homs, again.

- Jaf declared the beginning of a new operation to take Al Hader, South Aleppo.

- Pro SAA sources claiming that the SAA took more possitions south of the Mallah farms.

The pro SAA source also report supposedly infighting between Rebels in Idlib, Jund Aqsa vs Ahrar Sham.
>>
>>30508961
>Almost got sniped when I was masturbating on guard.
I have absolutely nothing against people masturbating, but why you needed to do it while on guard duty?
>>
>>30508961
>Machinegun fire is almost never accurate, its just spraying in a general direction

The number 1 thing that pisses me about these various groups. It's rare their spray and pray does more than give away their position which is fine if you have supporting arms/air cover. It's going get you killed if you don't
>>
>>30508972
>ISIS is attacking the SAA in eastern Homs, again.

Specifically near Jub al Jarrah. Little twitter 17 year old Nidal got the jump on this action since he tweets literally everything.

These Jub attacks fit in ISs plan to stretch the SAA/Russian defense of Palmyra. IS pushing in different directions to keep them off balance and the Russians have to defend Palmyra at all costs. Anytime you are tied down to one location a attacker can take advantage.
>>
Full IS video of them blowing up the Shaer gas field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDzU8aI3vRU&feature=youtu.be

Blowing up Shaer gas field infrastructure cost the Syrian government millions of dollars, not to mention lost revenue.
>>
>>30508961
>Accuracy mattering with machine guns

Machine guns suppress while an assault element works it's way forward. That's how modern wars are fought, not COD.
>>
>>30499208
Did someone have a sauce on the second video song? i've been looking for this one a long time.
>>
>>30509177
Emptying 200 round belt in full auto without a pause and without aiming is a waste of ammo sandnigger style.
>>
>>30509190
>Emptying 200 round belt in full auto without a pause and without aiming is a waste of ammo sandnigger style.

No it isn't, you have to increase the volume of lead at the start of the firefight in order to gain fire mastery.

They're on the right track, you're waayyyy off.
>>
>>30509114
At 13:20 does he mention Abu Haajar?
>>
File: CmmyDFvWYAAADK1.jpg (308 KB, 2048x1448) Image search: [Google]
CmmyDFvWYAAADK1.jpg
308 KB, 2048x1448
>>30509061
Here is a map of the situation by Jubb
>>
>>30509217
>Implying that precise bursts aren't better than aloha snackbar 99% of lead goes in to the blue sky
>>
>>30509217
I think YPG anon was saying they were shooting a PKM at targets 700 meters away without assaulting and yes some aim is required, you have to shift fire or risk killing your own men.
>>
>>30508961
>and the guys are just as cockblocking as the ugly girls.
shit sucks man

>a girl from one of the positions a km away tried to shoot the SVBIED with an RPG (1000meters away)
I want to refuse to believe there are people this retarded and inept but knowing dune coons it's probably true
>>
>>30508993
Because that is more or less the only time when you are by yourself. And when it has been quiet for days, if not weeks, you get complacent. And all the kurdish qt's that you never will be able to touch in a inappropriatley fashion makes you horny.

>>30509177

Problem here is that when you engage something many hundred meters away, and your sights are not aligned to fire at that range, you are not just a bit off, you are like 20meters off. Spraying to get the enemy to keep their heads down requires a bit accuracy, not saying you need to be dead on, but they need to hear the wizz and crack of the projectiles to cause fear. Also, in the few firefights I was in, some people ran out of ammo very quickly due to just spraying. Burst is the way to go.
>>
>>30503061
>Assadfags saying "victory any day now", the same as they've been saying for the last 5 years daily.

No one has said this in these threads since February.
>>
>>30505094
Not good
>>
>>30507998
>b-but Russia has no power projection
>>
>>30508511
Stalemate
>>
>>30508961
Normal day in the Midfle East
>>
>>30509061
Maybe it's just me, but I think ISIS has some mastermind planning all these major operations/terror attacks.
>>
>>30505161
Didn't they take a decent slice off of Nagorno border territory?
>>
>>30509465
>decent
They took control of maybe 2km from their border. Most of this territory taken was only in areas with were azeri to begin with, but ended in Karabakh hands when the war ended.

tl;dr the territories taken were minimal and don't count for shit.
>>
>>30509426
That's why they were so successful in 2014 and still are now. Just look at Manbij or Kobane. It took a lot of time to clear Kobane. Plus without airstrikes i think kurds would have been in deep shit right now.
>>
File: 14247084498340.jpg (49 KB, 500x596) Image search: [Google]
14247084498340.jpg
49 KB, 500x596
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-M3hnE7ghk
>>
http://musingsoniraq.blogspot.com/2016/07/how-did-fallujah-fall-so-quickly-to.html

Quick story on why Fallujah fell so quickly. I was not able to follow the full course of the battle so this was a good recap for me.

On the other hand Manbij has turned into a much better IS defensive stand. I had my doubts on the attack of both cities. Once IS bigwigs escaped Fallujah it was a done deal.
>>
File: 1467740864187.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1467740864187.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>Operate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25z4sHcKTxs
>>
>>30508909
Shaddadi doesn't have as much of a strategic importance as Manbij and Bab, which at this point are the only major transit points for IS in and out of Syria via the north. If they lose any of those cities, they stand to lose previously uncontested supply lines with the outside world and so are going to fight tooth and nail for it.

For the SDF/YPG, they may as well finish the job since they already positioned a massive buffer around Manbij. The catch will still be worth it but it's going to be at a fairly hefty cost. Any delayed SDF push to Bab will also put the SAA's positions around Kweiris at risk if IS needs to open a new route from north to south.
>>
>>30508993
You've never been in the military have you?
>>
>>30511205
>quickly

Maybe conpared to the absolute fuckup of Ramadi.
>>
>>30513446
Agree with you on the importance of Manbij to IS. During the beginning of the YPG/SDF offensive I marveled at their success encircling it but stressed the city is another matter and IS had moved their defensive lines to it.

I don't think in the beginning many people understood the large amount of IS families and fighters that lived there. These fighters would go to Homs or Aleppo etc but their homes were Manbij. Hitting their actual home was going bear a serious IS response.It's also hitting IS where it hurts too. IS wouldn't be fighting this hard if it didn't matter.
>>
FSA launching an attack on the YPG south of Azaz, last time this happened the kurds paraded 40 some bodies through their streets. Will keep updated.
>>
>>30499208

Why was the short Ukraine war so much better fought than 5 years of this Syrian mess?
>>
>>30514640
On that note pro YPGers claiming a major assault in Manbij city ongoing now. I'll keep that updated.
>>
>>30509271
>I wonder who could be behind this map.
>>
>>30514812
>Why the fuck we tried to advance through this open field?
>>
>>30514269
>You've never been in the military have you?

Are people really that desperate for a jerk?
>>
>>30515369
kek
>>
File: Cmm-tTgWEAEf1p4.jpg (191 KB, 1024x614) Image search: [Google]
Cmm-tTgWEAEf1p4.jpg
191 KB, 1024x614
Weapons seized from IS around Manbij. Are those potato masher grenades?
>>
>>30516116
make-shift perhaps. Shouldnt be that hard to make.
>>
i'm gonna ask questions tomorrow, so bump.
>>
>>30516116
Definitely not the m24 (I.e the original german potato masher)
>>
>>30519098
Forgot to add; chinese, Japanese and Vietnamese variants of the m24 exist. So it's possible that it's a Chinese import that or >>30516223
>>
>>30514975
The pro YPGer claim of a SDF/YPG attack into Manbij city turned out to be a bust. Barely anything out of Manbij other than some airstrikes. With this Muslim holiday going on everyone is taking a break in the rest of the country. Assad has declared a 72 hour ceasefire. I'll check back later. On a side note some action in Yemen is heating up.
>>
>>30498836
Who bombed the park, and for what reason? The Syrian government? To kill civilians?
>>
>>30520211
Probably for the same reason the USA bombed a hospital full of medics in Afghanistan.
>>
>>30520189
Wait, hasn't Eid started yesterday, on Tuesday? Also no chance that rebels woul go for it, especially in N. Aleppo. They would need to be extra stupid to allow SAA to dig in.
>>
>>30516223
>>30519098
>>30519124
They look more like old Hungarian M42.
>>
>>30503046
Because people still let a /pol/ack Russian shill make them.
>>
File: 1442474384516.jpg (48 KB, 690x720) Image search: [Google]
1442474384516.jpg
48 KB, 690x720
>Ambush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU369GoZ4q4
>>
>>30520302
was the ambush conducted by the SAA?
>>
File: Jewi.jpg (36 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Jewi.jpg
36 KB, 480x480
>>30520349

ndf/hezbollah
>>
File: 1.png (842 KB, 954x532) Image search: [Google]
1.png
842 KB, 954x532
Some things from yesterday that I didn't see posted here yet:

- ISIS claimed that they downed a US drone in Syria, and are quick to take pics of it. US air force confirmed that a MQ-9 Reaper crashed in northern Syria, but denied that it was downed by enemy fire (as always).

-ISIS suicide attack in front of a bakery in HAssakah, killing 15.

-Reports that the movement of Syaaf aircrafts have increased in the Qamishli airport.

- In Lybia, one of the two LNA MiG-23BNs crashed and the his pilot,Col. Idriss Al Obeidi, died of his injuries.
>>
File: 2.png (971 KB, 958x535) Image search: [Google]
2.png
971 KB, 958x535
>>30520585
>>
File: 3.png (557 KB, 950x487) Image search: [Google]
3.png
557 KB, 950x487
>>30520604
>>
>>30508993
You do whatever it takes to stay awake.
>>
>>30515713
You don't know desperation until you're jerking it inside an overfilled portashitter in 120 degree heat. It's like a race. You try and cum before the smell or the heat gets to you and you pass out.
>>
>>30515587
At least they recognize it's retarded instead of sending multiple attacks over the course of months.
>>
>>30520585
>- In Lybia, one of the two LNA MiG-23BNs crashed and the his pilot,Col. Idriss Al Obeidi, died of his injuries.

How far that country has fallen.
>>
>>30520585
>US air force confirmed that a MQ-9 Reaper crashed in northern Syria, but denied that it was downed by enemy fire (as always).

I know these damned things are shoddy as fuck, but there are obvious shrapnel holes on this one. Can't these cucks just suck it up and move on? At least the Reaper is doing its job keeping American pilots out of danger.
>>
File: Soccers.jpg (163 KB, 675x1200) Image search: [Google]
Soccers.jpg
163 KB, 675x1200
http://lecourrierdumaghrebetdelorient.info/syria/syria-a-new-defeat-of-a-sunni-conservative-uprising/
>>
>>30506379
>The only question now is whether the SDF is receiving reinforcements from across the Euphrates.

http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160705/1042490725/manbij-battle-syria-daesh.html

They might just be doing that. It's claimed that they're chiming in reinforcements from Kobani, Al-Hasakah and Qamishli. Kobani is pretty close, but troops from the latter two are a little far off and will take time to reach Manbij.

Only issue is the possible security holes in these places with defensive capabilities thinned out.
>>
>>30521217
But what if the militants shot at it after it crashed to create the illusion that they shot it down?
>>
>>30521371
That's also possible. IS has a history of fabricating and inflating its capabilities. Staging the crash site to look like they downed the plane isn't too outlandish.

Either way, you're looking at a Reaper that either was shot down or broke down on its own due to faulty build quality, both occurrences rare enough to be insignificant.
>>
File: ChN9PsaW0AAqHEI.jpg (73 KB, 600x611) Image search: [Google]
ChN9PsaW0AAqHEI.jpg
73 KB, 600x611
Official Inherent Resolve Manbij release, stating the SDF/YPG have taken control of the southern silo complex. They have conducted 325 airstrikes since May 21st and 29 in the last four days (because IS counter attacked)

Also describes successful house to house fighting in the southwest part of the city.
>>
>>30521421
>a drone went down
drones are designed to basically be disposable and crash without much ado
>>
File: CmsHKANWIAAiNS2.jpg (119 KB, 1053x828) Image search: [Google]
CmsHKANWIAAiNS2.jpg
119 KB, 1053x828
>>30521426
oh sorry wrong one
>>
>>30514812
Slavs>sandniggers
>>
File: 1419548761281[1].jpg (10 KB, 297x216) Image search: [Google]
1419548761281[1].jpg
10 KB, 297x216
>>30509271
>>
File: CmsEQB4W8AQZkC1.jpg (156 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
CmsEQB4W8AQZkC1.jpg
156 KB, 1000x666
Look at the kids of Aleppo having some fun with toy guns. At least they don't have to put the orange/yellow colors on them. That one looks like a real 1911.
>>
File: CmsEPjgXYAEpw69.jpg (126 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
CmsEPjgXYAEpw69.jpg
126 KB, 1000x666
>>30521548
They got little rowdy. Boys will be boys.
>>
File: CmsEF84WEAIAO2_.jpg (150 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
CmsEF84WEAIAO2_.jpg
150 KB, 1000x666
>>30521556
>>
>>30521548
At least the kid on the right seems to have a semi-decent grip on it, while the one on the left is gonna be up all night for some hot blue-on-blue action.

>>30521556
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>30521548
Russian/SAF airstrike when?
>>
Back to some real news.. breaking of a Israeli airstrike on the financial directorate building in Quneitra. Possible Hezbollah targets inside.
>>30521495
Your picture fits this breaking news.
>>
>>30521446
Lastly a OIR spokesman is declaring on twitter the IS counter attack has been repelled.

https://twitter.com/OIRSpox/status/750729925297115136

For the US mil to speak up like this means they think their airstrikes have been effective in pounding this latest IS attempt. The battle of Manbij plot thickens. I wonder if there are any high profile IS members trapped in there which would explain their high resistance.

This is getting good.
>>
>>30522083
SDF got busted on that. Should've gone to Raqqah. Now they are just wasting manpower on that little town which does have a little strategic importance. Raqqah would've been much better in strategic terms and propoganda terms.
>>
>>30522161
They didn't have enough people to go to Raqqa, they still don't have enough people to go to Raqqa. That's why the whole Raqqa offensive didn't make any sense. I was baffled they would even attempt it and said so. Turns out it was a ruse.
>>
>>30522201
SAA started they're own Raqqah shortly afterwards. If SDF wouldnt have canceled it maybe SAA would continue to push towards and divide IS forces and let them fight on to fronts
>>
>>30522458
I thought that was a bad idea too but I wasn't around when it collapsed. Did any pro Syrian government people question the insanity of it or were they just parroting "muh gains" like good little idiotic fanboys?

Serious question because I will applaud anyone who would question their own side.

That SAA Raqqa implosion ranks up as one of the worse offenses of the war. Sharing with south fronts tard Darra offensive and the FSA attempts at Al Rai.
>>
>>30522517
Is that the offensive where they got pushed back to palmyra in two days after making large gains?
>>
>>30522548
Basically but mainly they were pushed back to Ithriyah. I read there was a co SAA try to T3 pumping station on the road to Deir Ezzor. It's there where they had to go back to Palmyra.
>>
>>30522517
I thought they were at the mercy of a strong surprise attack on their flanks with possibly a diversion attack on the front since day one of the offensive.

It was just retarded, but surprisingly it was a "success" for longer than I expected.
>>
>>30522517
I agree that offensive was idiotic since they wasted a lot of equipment and gave everything they captured back to IS.
Raqqah have to fall sometime and im sure it will. Same is with Mosul, its a big bite for Iraqis to take, but judging Iraqi goverment opptimism, they will attempt to take it
>>
>>30522586
At least there are some reasonable Syrian government supporters around. That's what i would have proably said too.
>>
>>30522650
Regarding good news, they seem to be continuing the advance on East Ghouta, and they're starting to recover territory in Latakia after reinforcements arrived.

I have no news from Aleppo though.
>>
>>30522606
Given enough time yes but a long time. I think IS is going to lose a lot of northern Aleppo/eastern Aleppo. This is a given. I also think it's possible IS has a couple tricks up their sleeve in eastern Homs, Deir Ezzor or maybe another part of Aleppo. They are eating it trying to shift between the FSA and YPG/SDF.

tl;dr IS still in the game just like the SAA is and JAN/Jaf etc etc. We get to watch some critical battles ahead.
>>
>>30521556
Perhaps he is wondering why you would shoot a man before bombing him out of a plane?
>>
>>30523160
There will be some big battles ahead. I think SDF is going to try to take control over whole Turkish-Syrian border before focusing to Raqqah.
What the update on Deir Ezzor? Still besieged?
>>
>>30523160
Btw whats happening in Iraq? Are they focusing on the Mosul since it looks like it's their priority right now. Because since Fallujah everything is quiet there
>>
>>30509181
Hebit Kerrih. It's a Daesh tune.
>>
>>30508961
>Didnt score with anyone, many QTs, but they watch over each other like hawks, and the guys are just as cockblocking as the ugly girls. Most of the volunteers do not score.

The Kurd qt women try to score too, right?
>>
SyAAF is taking a real beating as of late. They do not have the planes or choppers to spare whatsoever. In the span of a week, Mi-25 downed, su-22 downed, mig23 downed, Mi-17 badly damaged.

How many airframes do they even have left I wonder.
>>
I have family in Aleppo
>>
>>30523668
Excuse me, more to that, another mig23 downed, and another chopper downed. That is really really bad for just 1 week. Jaish al Islam just held back the majority of their anti air assets for like 2 years. The iron balls they must have had cause you know their trigger fingers must have been itching every time a plane was near.
>>
>>30523668
>>30523699
I'm just waiting for a Russian plane to get shot down so they have an excuse to go full Afghanistan on the place
>>
>>30523274
Deir Ezzor will never fall when the druze beast is alive.

> inb4 huurrr pol faggot

im actually serious
>>
>>30523718
I doubt that russians will go so far, plus their aircraft are often seen flying with jammers. But im sure russians will increase airsorties but i doubt there will be a large ground offensive
>>
>>30523751
I think I've seen you on /r/syriancivilwar
>>
>>30523751
I doubt since i've never been there
>>
>>30523718
Russians aren't stupid, they know that their direct involvement would only increase support for rebels, both in terms of supporting governments increasing support but also general populace. One has to remember that emergence of ISIS has created a blow back of its own for ISIS. A lot of jihadists have stayed home, men who would be willing to fight against Assad but aren't willing to spill blood of other Sunni Muslims. Talk of Fitna among jihadists is a real and has reduced the number of foreign recruits. Also direct Russian ground invasion would create problems with Shia jihadists as well. If there are Shia groups willing to overthrow Iraqi Shia democratic government now, how well would they respond to Russian soldiers occupying lands near some of their most holiest shrines.
>>
>>30516116
If not handmade, they are likely Chinese, maybe Type 67s.
>>
>>30521421
>rare enough

America lost 7% of its drone fleet last year
>>
>>30522517
>Did any pro Syrian government people question the insanity of it or were they just parroting "muh gains" like good little idiotic fanboys?

Who?

Stop projecting.
>>
>>30524137
The Russians were even more actively involved Oct-March and there was little blowback. They saved the Syrian government.

>>30523668
>>30523699
They've been getting some supplies from the Turks.

This is problematic, but the Russians have provided a lot of second-hand replacements.
>>
>>30524722
You mean JaI is getting from the Turks? JaI is more so Saudis, and I dunno, you can deliver and smuggle certain things but Osa missiles?

Although I can just imagine some not-giving-a-fuck NDF checkpoint guards having their palms greased heavily to let the missiles through. Who knows.
>>
>>30520222
It was Eid on Tuesday in other countries. In Syria, authorities declared that Eid would start on Wednesday.

The start of Eid depends on the sighting of the moon just after sunset on the last day of Ramadan. If not seen, Eid cannot start and fasting would have to continue for another day (that is what happened this year in Syria).

Each country is independent and has proper Sharia authorities that conduct observations to decide whether the country's population should fast or not.
>>
' >>30524722
I was referring to "go full Afghanistan" for which I assumed was to mean that Russia would send a large force of its own ground forces to do ground fighting and act independently of SAA. If I misunderstood I apologize, otherwise the Russians have not to my knowledge deployed independent ground units in front line offensive operations. And such a deployment would certainly be a significant development.
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.