[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the war and military complex a last century's thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1457917890071.jpg (3 MB, 3319x2212) Image search: [Google]
1457917890071.jpg
3 MB, 3319x2212
Is the war and military complex a last century's thing?

>Build million $ planes that see no fight usage
>Build million $ submarines that see no fight usage
>Build million $ vessels that see no fight usage

Shouldn't we be spending the stupid amounts of money that are pumped into the military all over the world in other useful things like improving life quality, diseases research and scientific projects like space travel?

There will always be some kind of need for the military, I get it, but as the things are today we're just throwing money out of the window for no direct improvement in our daily lives.
>>
>>30494153
spotted the commie hippie faggot that wants to get invaded.
>>
>>30494168
Spotted the kike that profits from the military.
>>
>>30494153
>see no fight usage

That shit did its job.
>>
>>30494153
Nukes will (hopefully) never get used, but they do their job just fine.
>>30494261
>>>/pol/
Read the fucking sticky
>>
>>30495808
maybe then you shoudn't have asked a question of political nature you fucking retard
>>
>>30494153
Isn't it all just deterrence at this point?
>>
>>30495859
I'm not OP

Sure is summer in here.
>>
>>30496169
Plus, aren't most civilian inventions products of military experimentation? (Microwave, radio, etc.)
>>
>>30494153
>You're a prize fighter at the top of your game!
>Hurrr there isn't a single contender out there that poses a threat to your championship belt training and staying fit is a waste of time!
>Durrr you should stop wasting energy on exercise and stay home watching tv and eating cake instead!

and then anon lost the belt...
>>
>>30496171
Wow did it seriously take you 34 minutes to answer with a meme reply?
>>
>>30494153
No one needs a military, until they do. Same as insurance.
>>
>>30496196
>Most
No, they aren't.
>>
File: 1414626574481.jpg (43 KB, 476x522) Image search: [Google]
1414626574481.jpg
43 KB, 476x522
>>30496228
>implying Apollo Creed didn't win at the end of Rocky
>>
>>30494153
>Is the war and military complex a last century's thing?
Prussia/Germany had it for far longer than that.
>>
>>30494153
>Is the war and military complex a last century's thing?

War doesn't change just because some number rolls over on Pope Gregory's calendar.

>>Build million $ that see no fight usage

The best way to win a war is before it even starts.

>Shouldn't we be spending the stupid amounts of money that are pumped into the military all over the world in other useful things like improving life quality, diseases research and scientific projects like space travel?

Military deterrence spending is what creates a safe space for all that other good stuff.

> There will always be some kind of need for the military, I get it,

Really? Because it kinda seems like you don't get it at all, anon.

> but as the things are today we're just throwing money out of the window for no direct improvement in our daily lives.

Indirect improvement is also a thing, anon. 99% of what makes your life bearable is indirect, and invisible to you.

The military spending that you ignorantly shit on is what keeps Russia's shenanigans in Georgia, Crimea, and Eastern Ukraine. Instead of in Western Europe.

It's what keeps China in China, instead of throughout Southeast Asia.

It's what keeps Best Korea bottled up.

It is, believe it or not, what keeps the current crop of shitstorms from being more shitty than they currently are.

So if some Jew somewhere gets paid for a piece of this, you racist fuck, that is perfectly fucking fine with me.

I'd like to see your plan for world peace that didn't include being able to flatly curbstomp Russia if they tried to force their way out of the ass-end of Europe.
>>
>>30494153
Kinda, unless we continue seeing this upswing of nationalism.

Basically, we've been in WWIII for a couple of decades, but it's economic war now. Militaries are now more just a way to keep things stable enough so companies can stay at each other's throats. Unfortunately, China's winning atm.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.