[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Manual Action .22lr Rifle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: 6182868261_f265ba2458_b.jpg (549 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
6182868261_f265ba2458_b.jpg
549 KB, 1024x682
Sup /k/

I'm looking into a lever-action or bolt-action .22lr Rifle of some sort. Originally I included handguns, but since I'm not 21 and I'm going to be doing the transfer I knocked them off the list.

So I was debating between
>Ruger American Rimfire
>CZ 455 American
>Henry Classic .22 Lever-Action w/Aperature sight and large loop
>Browning BL-22
>Uberti Silver Boy

I'd prefer to keep it with irons only, since I scopes are fucky with my vision.

Thanks again lads.
>>
File: 21729.jpg (6 KB, 533x118) Image search: [Google]
21729.jpg
6 KB, 533x118
>>30492467
CZ 452 Ultra Lux
>>
>>30492500
Damn near impossible to find, unfortunately. Whereas 2 local gun stores have the 455 American and American Combo.
>>
>>30492564
>Damn near impossible to find
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/21729/CZ-USA+CZ452+Ultra+Lux+.22LR+28.6%22
found it
>>
>>30492580
>https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/21729/CZ-USA+CZ452+Ultra+Lux+.22LR+28.6%22
Not buying from Buds, had a horrid time in the past with them, not doing it again.

Also my LGS undercuts their prices in-store and has a $50 transfer fee so you don't buy online.
>>
File: cz-usa-cz-455-fs.png (119 KB, 997x665) Image search: [Google]
cz-usa-cz-455-fs.png
119 KB, 997x665
>>30492646
CZ 455 FS
You don't want the 455 American because it's designed for use with optics.
>>
Why do I keep hearing how 452s are hard to find? I see them in stock on Gander Mountain's website right now.

If I'm looking to get started with .22s, would I be better off starting with a 452 and pay more now in case I can't find it later or just get a Ruger American now and the 452 later?
>>
>>30493147
CZ discontinued the 452 for the 455.
>>
>>30493273
Yeah, I get that. They have been for a few years now, but I'm still able to buy one for the exact same price as a 455 and have it shipped to a GM down the street from my house though. I'm just not sure if I should start off with that or just get something like a Ruger American and eventually graduate to a 452, assuming they'll still be available later on.
>>
Whittaker's gets 452s, RimfireCentral loves them as a dealer.

452/455 is the answer.
>>
I really enjoyed shooting the Henry and the Ruger American. The American's short throw bolt was real fucking nice. Not nearly as smooth as a 455 but it qas close, and half the price. The Henry was only $300 and had a large loop lever and aperature sights. The American is on sale for $200, and the rest range around $450-$700.

The Browning T-Bolt was nice, but it's optics only. I can't afford a decent red dot that won't starburst with my shitty eyes either.
>>
>>30493147
The majority of /k/ only ever shops at walmart. So if walmart is out of .22 or doesn't have a .22 in stock, it is clearly indicative of a nation wide shortage
>>
>>30493346
Is the cost worth that much over the American? The 455 is over double the price of a brand new American rimfire, and I have the added bonus of swapping mags with my 10/22.

Where is the 455 made anyways? I've heard Turkey, the dumbass behind the counter at my LGS said "Chechnya".
>>
>>30493388
You're a dumb motherfucker

It varies from place to place. For me, non-scout or American 455/452 models are hard to find in stores. Last week when I was visiting the Alamo I found 452s in almost every gun shop around there.
>>
>>30493411
I'm asking this as well, but because I'm sure the answer will be "depends on what you're using it for" I'll just say for me I'm basically just going to use it to plink until I get gud and then maybe start entering some small friendly competitions. At that point I would probably upgrade to something like a CZ or 77/22 assuming I don't start off with the CZ. I kinda like the idea of just having a cheaper beater gun to start off with as well so I don't hate myself for fucking up the finish on a nice one doing something dumb.
>>
>Wants irons
>CZ American

Kek
>>
>>30493672
I forget the various different 455 models.

The ones that my LGS have all have irons, except one.
>>
>>30493793
They may all HAVE irons, but the non-American models with the weird-looking stock are better suited for irons-only use.
>>
>>30493456
Be sure to look into the Savage MK2 bolt actions. I haven't shot one, but I've handled them at LGS's and have been very impressed with the quality. The triggers are terrific and the receivers and bolts are overbuilt (in a good way) steel. The action is a delight to operate. They feel like guns that should cost a good deal more.
>>
>>30492467
You already found the best possible .22, cz452 is where you stop looking. although i have the browning bl22 as well, and its pretty great.

also the "american" is made for scopes, it has no sights. and if you want to use irons, then take the 452 over the 455, the 452 has excellent mauser style sights, the 455 has a cheaper little clicky ramp thing
>>
>>30493147
Get the 452, dont bother with the Ruger American, its a cheap toy in comparison. i was trying to decide between them, the second i handled them both in store i knew i was getting the CZ. also they arent making the 452 anymore so you should get one while you can.
>>
>>30493411
They're made in the Czech Republic, where they have always been made. CZ make very good quality firearms. their shotguns are not made by them though, those are outsorced to turkey which is where you might have heard that
>>
File: EDIT6.jpg (1 MB, 1944x1296) Image search: [Google]
EDIT6.jpg
1 MB, 1944x1296
I've shot a american rimfire and some CZs. While I think the CZs are much more attractive, I think I prefer the american rimfire for everyday shooting.

Of course, the best 22 bolt gun is a 22 nugget
>>
File: IMG_0093-1.jpg (178 KB, 799x598) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0093-1.jpg
178 KB, 799x598
>>30493456
Just get the CZ, buying the Ruger American then "upgrading" to the CZ is just paying twice.

Think about it this way, how long are you going to keep this firearm? firearms last a very long time if they are maintained. you're making a lifetime investment here, would you rather spend the rest of your life hunting and plinking with a solid, well built heirloom quality gun which your grand kids will cherish, or a cheap ass entry level rifle which no one will care for because you skimped on a few hundred dollars 50 years ago

you wont fuck up the finish on it unless you drag it around on the ground or something stupid like that

i should also mention that if you are only looking to use irons, then the CZ is really your only option, the sights on the American are just there as a bit of fuck around fun before you put the scope on it. they arent anything special, the CZ has proper sights which you can properly aim with

anyway yeah, just play with both, side by side and you'll see the difference pretty soon
>>
>>30492467
>dat 455
Muh dick. Fukkin saved!
>>
>>30492467
I just picked up an ruver american rimfire in 22lr yesterday, I should be able to shoot it today and I'll let you know how it goes. Just from looking it over it seems well made, the fiber optic sight really "pops" I'd that makes sense, whole rifle seems pretty straight and sturdy, and it takes 10/22 mags, which was a big selling point for me. I'll tell you more after I go shooting, and if this thread is dead at that time, I'll start a new one about a review.
>>
>>30497506
>>30497566
Alright, I might just reverse the order of what I was going to do then. I'm a huge sperg and want to have two of every niche in my armory if I can afford it so I have a nice gun and a beater gun. I'll see if any lgs have a 452 ultra lux in stock and if not I'll order one online, then later pick up a ruger american.
>>
>>30493859
I think you mean Mannlicher or Bavarian stock?
They handsome af senpai.
>>
File: model 70.jpg (15 KB, 835x159) Image search: [Google]
model 70.jpg
15 KB, 835x159
>>30499090
Sorry, I meant """"""""""""weird-looking"""""""""""". As in, compared to a stock like pic related.
>>
Holy shit the amount of disregard for rimfire here is sad. If you want to just shoot all day and enjoy a decent gun buy the ruger or the savage. It will treat you well but there is no point in upgrading to the cz after you buy one of those other two because they're all in the same category. If you want a Nice piece that will treat you well buy the cz. They're all just entry or mid-level 22.

The cz is definitely better there is no doubt about, it's the best working man's 22 you're gonna get. If you really want to upgrade though, you need to buy an anschutz. After buying my Annie I will probably never buy any other manufacturers rimfire Rifles. They are that fucking good.

Also, most importantly, buy good ammo. Don't buy the cheap shifty bulk ammo like Remington golden bullet or other value packs. That ammo is so inconsistent it's sad, get quality European ammo like English made Eley, or German made sk. Wolf is also good and so is rws. I personally like German ammo in my German gun.

>Annie is love, Annie is life.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.