[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What AK?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: AK47.jpg (141 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
AK47.jpg
141 KB, 1024x768
In the market for an AK in 7.62x39.
Price limit ~600 USD
New to guns, having finally escaped the containment state of Commiefornia.
Would consider an SKS or other rifle if /k/thinks it would be a better option,
>>
Wasr-10 can be found for around that price. The SKS is a good weapon too.
>>
>>30491701
Been awhile since i bought an AK and mine are converted Saiga rifles with the exception of my pap92.
My best recc would be to only buy unfucked rifles. No cut and put back together messes.
Some of those are great but on most the accuracy was awful .
My Saiga is heads above in accuracy when compared to the previously chopped rifles.
I believe that VEPR rifles are unmolested.
>>
File: Saiga 7.62x39.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Saiga 7.62x39.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1000
>>30491701
If you're lucky you can still find a Saiga that is still reasonably priced. You have to stay on your toes and scan/refresh every gun site known to man, though.
>>
saigas and wasrs can be had for that price. if you save up a few more hundred, your options open up a lot
>>
I'm willing to up the limit by circa $200 to match an $800 ticket if I can get something of a reasonably higher quality.
>insert classic poor student sob story here.
>>
>>30491792
Saiga then. You might have to wait for them to come in stock on some sites though.
>>
>>30491701
saigas may be kind of a long shot at this point in time, here are some options if you're not keen on waiting.
https://www.classicfirearms.com/amd-65-7-62x39-rifle-with-side-fold-stock-and-black-poly-pistol-grips
https://www.deguns.net/product-p/akmsw-gr-blk.htm
https://www.slickguns.com/product/cia-ri2087-n-n-pap-hi-cap-301-762x39mm-1625-574?view=list

not a great time to be ak shopping, but still probably better than post election.
>>
File: 20160616_213345.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160616_213345.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1152
>>30491701
Get an NPAP, if you absolutely cannot get one for ~$600 then get a WASR-10. Both are great starter AKs but the NPAP will outlast the WASR-10 3 times before needing to be repaired (if cleaned or maintained at all). Yes the furniture is special snowflake and a bit annoying at times to acquire but that isn't really a big problem. Some accessories will need to be tinkered with to fit on (like the cobra rds in my pic) but again, 20 - 30 minutes with a file isn't really a big deal.

tl;dr - NPAP > wasr-10
>>
>>30491792
but anon you can save money indefinitely
maybe buy some patience before you get the ak
>>
>>30492463
I can save money infinitely. I'm not inexperienced with weapons, In CA I was friends with an ex-cop and his son and we would go shooting quite a lot. The only limiting factor is cash and after checking my bank account, Im willing to raise this to eight or I willing to 8 / 9 hundred. Speaking of which, how are VEPRs?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.