[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Best rifle ever made. Tell me why it's not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: stg77.jpg (186 KB, 1026x736) Image search: [Google]
stg77.jpg
186 KB, 1026x736
>Best rifle ever made.

Tell me why it's not
>>
>>30490908
It's not the m16a1
>>
File: Garand bullpup.jpg (24 KB, 639x392) Image search: [Google]
Garand bullpup.jpg
24 KB, 639x392
>Best bullpup ever made.
FTFY

Even if you win the special olympics you're still a retard.
>>
>>30490908
>5.56
Good for people, not so good for animals.

>No rail
At least the one in pic doesn't, the new ones do IIRC. Makes it a damn sight easier to put your favorite optic on or swap optics depending on what you're doing

>Can't do everything
Can't hit accurately out to a mile, can't be hidden in my pocket. A good rifle, but definitely not the best firearm ever made.
>>
>>30490922
>built in scope and iron sights
>double position trigger
>keeps moving parts to a minimum
>is disasembled and cleaned in under 5 minutes

hurr durr muh 'murican weaponry
>>
>>30490908
>no picatinny rail
>bullpup
>not a famas

Literally useless, only in militaries because it's too expensive to phase out, only in videogames for aesthetics
>>
>>30490945
Yes, the A2 and A3 do come with rails on top and on the sides.

This one is the A1, used by Austria, Ireland and New Zealand. It was used by the Australians, but they decided to fuck it up completely and made their own version.
>>
>>30490971
whats wrong with bullpup?

reduces the overall length but keeps barrel length the same.
>>
>>30490999
>clumsy
>ejection port
>trigger
>>
>>30490908
The trigger sucks and it's outdated, it lacks a now necessary feature for bullpups (forward or downward ejection)
>>
>>30490976
>New Zealand

New Zealand has switched to an LMT M4 m8.

They Steyr was a rifle, it did it's job. with rails and suppressor it was a very comfortable, easy pointing weapon; without the suppressor it felt and pointed much like a brick. but a railed up M4 feels much like a front heavy brick, so it really is a matter of pick your poison. the real issue was you couldn't change hands and it was noisy as fuck because the chamber was right in your fucking ear.
>>
>>30491074
>clumsy
Training issue. Once properly trained people have no issue using bullpups and they are arguably easier to use since they have a shorter overall length.

>ejection port
Most of them can swap which side it ejects out of. If that is still an issue due to your 1337 oper8er skillz bro, then there is a couple with forward or downward ejection.

>trigger
I'll give you that. I haven't heard of a single bullpup with a good trigger. Only "pretty good for a bullpup".
>>
>>30491135
Biomechanics say otherwise, that it will be more awkward to a non-negligible amount
>>
somewhat related- geissele is currently developing an aftermarket aug trigger. they said they have a prototype they are currently testing
>>
>>30490908

Hmmm lets see
>used my a while list of countries who's armies don't actually shoot people

confirmed for shit tier
>>
>>30491154
I dunno, I've seen a few different videos and handled a bullpup before. It strikes me as more of a training issue. For example, using my buddys' RFB, took me a minute to get used to it but once I did, it wasn't all that hard to use. Then I've seen videos of people comparing bullpups to ARs as far as reloads go and the people who had trained on bullpups were running them as fast as the ARs.
>>
>>30491074
>clumsy

No explanation as to why, so this argument goes into the bin.

>ejection port

I have never, ever seen soldiers constantly swapping shoulders when shooting. And even if you have to switch shoulders, it's not a problem, having brass brushing across your lip/cheek isn't that bad.

>trigger

Newsflash: military rifle triggers suck compared to your 5lbs civilian AR-15 trigger. Ever fired a G3 before?
And even then, the AUG's trigger isn't that bad. Only people who have handled it for 5 minutes will use the trigger as an argument against it, people who own it can tell you that it's fine for military use.
>>
>>30491135
>ejection port

The ejection port on the AUG is swapable, i for example needed a left handed version, had 0 problems with it.

>>30491074

>trigger

It really needs some time to get used to, but once you get the hang of it you wouldn't want anything else.

It could be true that a bullpup needs more training than a normal rifle. Still the ups way outweigh the downs.
>>
File: vhs-2_article_pleine_colonne.jpg (48 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
vhs-2_article_pleine_colonne.jpg
48 KB, 500x333
>>30490908
>>30490930
>best rifle ever made
FTFY.
>>
>>30491154
>Biomechanics say otherwise

No, it doesn't, it's all training.
>>
>>30491181

>no killing meme
The Austrian Jagdkommando (special forces) are currently building a base of operations in the middle of Shitholeistan/Africa.
They are armed with AUG A3's and P90's
>>
ITT: People who have only ever used AR-15 pattern rifles for any significant length of time talk about a weapon they've never used/held for 5 minutes as if they're experts & fanboys who don't understand what personal preference is
>>
>>30490908
>>Best rifle ever made.
>Tell me why it's not
It costs $1800 and my AR cost half that. This is the only reason I have an AR and not an AUG.
>>
>>30491230
>that fuggen LOP
>>
>>30491208
>clumsy
Difficult to use the rifle when prone.
Difficult to reload fast.
Difficult to reload without raising the gun
No adjustment to stock.
Little room for customization as adding grips, bipods, flashlights, lasers, etc.
Etc.

>ejection port
Then you haven't seen much CQB, where it's more common. It's an obnoxious feature to have it that close to your face. Then you may as well go with a short barrelled ar, which a lot of forces do.

>triggers
I've shot more with military rifles than civilian and yes, I have shot a G3, more specific an AG3.
Not just a bad trigger, but the mechanism is in bigger risk to be damaged.
>>
>>30490908
It's a bullpup.
>>
File: tumblr_mcgm58MTPu1rdvav2o1_500.jpg (20 KB, 500x187) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mcgm58MTPu1rdvav2o1_500.jpg
20 KB, 500x187
>>
>>30491328
>Parroting the same "arguments" that have been around for a decade and debunked just as long

Please, stop. It's painfully obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about.

>Difficult to use the rifle when prone.

Never had an issue with this, ever. If you're talking about the magazine hitting the ground, that's a feature inherent to EVERY magazine-fed weapon using 30-round magazines.
This is why the Swiss use 20-round magazines on their SG-550s.

>Difficult to reload fast

Bullshit, after you get used to it you end up reloading it just as fast as an AR. It's all training and applying yourself.

>Difficult to reload without raising the gun

Bullshit again, after practising with it you'll learn how it operates and its' controls.

>No adjustment to stock

This doesn't fall under "clumsy", but "minor comfort feature".

>Little room for customization as adding grips, bipods, flashlights, lasers, etc.

What is the AUG A3?

>etc

1/6, see me after class.
>>
>>30491409
>casually ignoring the other points
k

There's a reason why most relevant forces dont use bullpup, even British forces are switching out their SA80's for colt c8's.

You're whole argument is "when you get used to it", I got used to putting a finger up my ass, doesn't mean its good.
>>
>>30491460
>casually ignoring the other points
Wow it's like you're doing the same thing while stating some other fact that really has little to do why everyone uses conventional pattern rifles

Hint: It's because it's what they've been using for fucking years anyhow
>>
>>30491274
You can't call "personal preference" when you're arguing best ever.
>>
>>30491230

>vhs-2

Jesus Christ, it's called a dvd you backwards fuck. Blu-ray ring a bell?
>>
>>30490908
That's not the Tavor.
>>
>>30491460
>even British forces are switching out their SA80's for colt c8's.
>a single naval protection unit equipping c8s = all of the British forces

>There's a reason why most relevant forces don't use bullpups

That's not an argument, that's trying to weasel your way out of admitting that you were wrong.

>You're whole argument is "when you get used to it", I got used to putting a finger up my ass, doesn't mean its good.

My argument is "Training is everything", as Americans we're used to AR-15s and conventional layouts.. Austrian, British, Australians, Israelis etc are used to their bullpup rifles.
Just because something is different to what YOU are used to, doesn't mean it's automatically worse. I'm used to a floor-mounted gearshift, that doesn't mean a column-mounted gearshift is automatically inferior.
>>
>>30491230
No but guys seriously, this is unironically the best rifle in the world right now.
>>
>>30491544
>X95 accuracy issues
>>
>>30491548
>That's not an argument, that's trying to weasel your way out of admitting that you were wrong.

No that's giving you a hint to as why it's not a good rifle. Most militaries pick what's most useful, cheap and practicle.

And most bullpups still suffer from stuff like the ejection port being too close, dangers of mechanism being too close to the face, it's a more clumsy reload than conventional rifles. Also difficult to sort double feeding and other faults due to charging handle and position.

Ar15-platforms are easy to learn, reliable and outweigh most bullpups in pros and cons. Things that seem like a small detail like the stock, is a big issue when you got thousands of guys in different sizes.
>>
>>30491254
>implying they are actually any doing killing
>>
>>30490908

>Awkward mag change (Lol try doing it lying down)
>Shit doughnut sights
>Fucking stupid dual stage trigger thats hard as a rock to pull back
>If you're a left hander like i am and theres a GLA attached to the bottom, you have to switch shoulders to use it

I use this gat (well the F88SA2) at work and it really isn't what you expect, sure its short and sweet with a decent barrel but its overall build and trigger group leave alot to be desired.
>>
>>30491254
Why would the Austrian Jagdkommando need an epic Aug when they already have their uber deadly tri-spin knife?
>>
>>30490908
its green
>>
>>30491230
Is that a Famas?
>>
>>30491460
If putting a finger up your ass isn't good, you're almost certainly doing it wrong.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.