[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sunday Gunday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
Who's shooting tomorrow?

>Local IDPA Match
>XDm 4.5 9mm
>Comp-tac pouches

Except for my holster because I can't find the damn thing so I'm using the one that came in the Essentials kit. Which is probably the best piece of gear from that.
>>
File: 1466884468296.jpg (3 KB, 125x112) Image search: [Google]
1466884468296.jpg
3 KB, 125x112
>>30482229
>people that shoot IDPA
>vegans of the gun world
>>
>>30482278

I like USPSA/IPSC style shooting better, but IDPA are the friendliest group to shoot with. Besides any day shooting is pretty good.
>>
File: 1466805089172.png (102 KB, 450x443) Image search: [Google]
1466805089172.png
102 KB, 450x443
>>30482382
I was referring to the fact that I believe it is physically impossible for people that IDPA/IPSC to fire their gun at a match until they have told at least 10 people they are about go to one.
>>
>>30482229
>IDPA

I'm not even going to bother making fun of you for the XD but fuck man.

At least shoot USPSA
>>
>>30482459
lol, I remember having a few USPSA people show up to an IDPA classifier and shooting it like shit. pretty kekworthy given how loudly they talked about USPSA
>>
>>30482459

I shoot both. IDPA just happens to be what's going on this weekend.
>>
>>30482229
I am OP

But just practicing aiming in the desert
>>
>>30482229

What happened after you found out you're raising someone else's kids?
>>
>>30482229
Wish I were headed to a competition tomorrow. No local ones for me this weekend though. Shot in ESP last sunday though and won my division and won overall out of about 50 shooters. Pretty good day for me.
>>
>>30482624

Nicely done. I normally shoot in SSP but since I've got the P320 cleaned up for sale I don't want to get it dirty again tomorrow. I haven't done any 'action' shooting in about a year so I'm not expecting much.
>>
File: cz1.jpg (2 MB, 4173x2365) Image search: [Google]
cz1.jpg
2 MB, 4173x2365
>>30482685
I just started doing it a couple months ago and was mostly shooting with my P320C. Did alright for CCP. The CZ75 that I shoot in ESP is unbelievably fun and taught me a lot about basic CZ gunsmithing with the shit I did to it. Hopefully my JM holster comes in soon and I can shoot my P07 in CCP next month.

pic related, my CZ. although this is before I swapped out the grips and added a magwell so these days it's more silver
>>
Will I catch shit for showing up to an IDPA match and being a newfag? I'm getting into shooting and want to work on my shooting for when I go to get my permit and just improve in general. Feel like USPSA/IPSC might be more cunty and they don't do those near my house, just IDPA as far as I know.
>>
>>30482476
>I remember having a few USPSA people show up to an IDPA classifier and shooting it like shit.

Because they didn't know the 1,000 gay ass idpa rules verbatim?
>>
>>30482840
no because they were shit shooters at anything outside of 7 yards. then again, most matches I shoot at are not major state or national matches so people never catch shit for rules unless it's a major safety violation.
>>
>>30482810
no. I can't speak to how douchey USPSA/IPSC shooters are because a lot of the guys at my IDPA matches also shoot those and they're generally nice. but do yourself a favor and show up early and let them know you're new. they'll walk you through the shit you should know. beyond that, it's the normal shit. if you obey the 4 rules, your chances of getting DQ'd are basically nil and most people will help you get better while you're there by telling you the tricks they use to shoot courses faster and better.
>>
>>30482229
Shooting a steel challenge match tomorrow. My STI is unavailable so I'll be going single stack with my newly acquired Colt Series 70 Government Model. Going to be a special snowflake with my bone stock 1911A1.
>>
>>30482990
Cheers. Thanks for the tip.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.