[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do Stalkers operate? Do the Legion operate? Do NCR rangers operate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: 1464779189780.jpg (219 KB, 950x665) Image search: [Google]
1464779189780.jpg
219 KB, 950x665
Do Stalkers operate?
Do the Legion operate?
Do NCR rangers operate?

What is operating? What encon passes it?

Do regular infantry operate? Does the mere act of carrying a gun and using it in a shootout make you an operator?
>>
Spark plugs on a bat, that's kind of clever.
>>
File: 1463495456643.jpg (74 KB, 429x810) Image search: [Google]
1463495456643.jpg
74 KB, 429x810
>>30479089
Yes
>>
>>30479089
They operationally operate on operations. Also that is some kick ass cosplay...
>>
>>30479348
Yeah that's some top knotch outifits
>>
>>30479089
S.T.A.L.K.E.Rs operate to survive. They are not all that operator.

Legion does not use weapons or any real tactics. They just pillage and conquer.

Rangers really operate. They have guns skill and are an elite fighting force.

Infantry does not operate as I consider an operator to be someone of the elite that operates operationally.

Depends on the shootout. If it is between federal agencies and a enemy group a non elite member may show themselves to be of the same caliber as the real elite, making themselves real operators through a trial of combat. Same for anyone situationally.

Hope that helped. I think this seems right.
>>
File: 1421540792163.jpg (3 MB, 2254x1500) Image search: [Google]
1421540792163.jpg
3 MB, 2254x1500
>>30479089

3. (n) informal
a person who acts in a specified, especially a manipulative, way.
"his reputation as a cool, clever operator"

While the dictionary has no definition for the military slang term "operator," we can derive from this definition that any military personnel that is used in a very specific manner--essentially Special Operations Forces. Furthermore, this definition implies that the actor is intelligent, able, and subversive--which also applies aptly to SOF.

Having defined the term "operator" we may discern that Stalkers are not really operators, as their activities are really those of well-armed scavengers. Certain Legionaries may be considered operators, especially the assholes that hunt for you when you get on the Caesar's bad side. NCR Rangers are definitely operators, as they most closely resemble real-life operators today. They have specialized equipment, are highly skilled relative to conventional infantry, and conduct specialized missions: long-range reconnaissance patrols similar to those practiced by Army Rangers.

Pic related: space operators
>>
>>30479542
>S.T.A.L.K.E.Rs operate to survive. They are not all that operator.

Wouldn't "Operate or Die" make them more operator rather than less?
>>
>>30479588

I apologize for my autistic grammar.
>>
>>30479542
The original term for Stalker originated in Russia. After the Soviet military would practice artillery shelling, the Stalkers would go out and retrieve the metal remains and sell it for cash. Russia is a miserable place with a miserable history.
>>
>>30479542
>Legion does not use weapons or any real tactics
>2000+200 believing this

NCR please go
>>
File: image.jpg (379 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
379 KB, 1024x1365
>>30479723
>Ncr please go
Not till I annex you
>>
grunts aren't operators

if they want to be operators they should switch jobs to pic related
>>
>>30479622
>operate or die

Put that on a shirt
>>
>>30479588
>Even space marines wear a skullmask
>>
>>30479542
>Legion does not use weapons or any real tactics.

Did you even play the game?
>>
>>30480475
Yes I did. And I started farming their most elite hit squads for decent supplies to sell. Their tactics were terrorism and intimidation. Those are not quality traits for an operator.
>>
>>30479588
>be space operator, operating operationally innaspace operation in the year 2345
>using gauss ARs
>spaceAKfags on suicide watch
>>
Joshua Graham was in the legion, he was operator as fuck
>>
File: 1456447557894.jpg (53 KB, 333x507) Image search: [Google]
1456447557894.jpg
53 KB, 333x507
>>30484594
Yes, and the legion went to shot after because
>Be caesar
>Have kickass Joshua Graham leading armies
>Mfw lose hoover dam
>Fuckfuckfuck.holotape
>Well, better kill my incredibly effective legate so my shitty grunts can better chop at shit with machetes
>I'll replace him with a legate that has a mile wide meanstreak and nothing else
>>
>>30484594
He got out operated by a handful of enemy operators and grunts, all because his primitive grunts can't operate.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.