[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's Read: Victoria - A Novel of 4th Generation War PART 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: VICTORIA_900.jpg (190 KB, 564x900) Image search: [Google]
VICTORIA_900.jpg
190 KB, 564x900
It's Billy Boy, and I'm returning to bring you more of this work of unparalleled military genius

Previous Threads:

>>30422117
>>30443812

Highlights of Previous Threads

>William S. Lind (born July 9, 1947) is an American monarchist, paleoconservative, columnist, Christian, and a light rail enthusiast.
>light rail enthusiast

Preface
>the state upheld its unpleasant responsibility of setting torch to faggots, was what marked this as an act of Recovery

Chapter 5
>The scum depended on them; no lawyers, no scum (a point we have enshrined in Victorian law, where you must represent yourself in court).

> Boyd was the greatest American military theorist of the 20th century

Chapter 8
>“And in the Marine tradition, I propose a toast, gentlemen,” I concluded. “To the Christian Marine Corps, and confusion to our enemies.” Appropriately, it was drunk in Sam Adams beer.

Sam Adams is owned by some German company. It's where the "take a sip whenever the protagonist says some German" drinking game comes from.

Chapter 10
>Fedora Man
>Who, I would like to point out to those who didn't read Chapter 10, actually wears a fedora and LARP's some idealized version of the late 1940s with his family.

Chapter 12
>“Because Don and the rest of the gays have me by the balls, that’s why,” Hokem said. “Well, not that way, but you know what I mean.”

Chapter 13
>I don't necessarily disagree with Lind, but when he puts it this way it's pretty autistic
>\thread t b h

Chapter 14
> No white male would agree to serve on a jury, which would mean the jury could not look like America. Under the new law, that would appear to mean no jury.

Chapter 16
>By the third decade of the 21st century, the dissolution of the United States had reached the point where each year brought a new crisis. The crisis of 2023 began with the Persell Amendment to the Clean Air Act, a measure intended to prevent the smoking of tobacco.
>I am not making this up. I know it sounds like satire, but it happened.
>>
>Bill Kraft had the answer – a perfect Retroculture answer. “There won’t be any electronic records,” he said. “Remember, we had banks long before we had computers. We just go back to [banking] manually, with passbooks and account ledgers and the like.

Chapter 19
>none of us could afford to build such a vast engineering work. But private industry could... signed an agreement with the Great Wall Construction and Power Company, a Chinese consortium.

>"Remember the Sukhomlinov Effect: the army with the best looking uniforms always loses.”

Chapter 21
>“T-34s are exactly the right tanks for us,” I replied. “They are crude, simple, and reliable. They always start and they always run. If they do break, any machine shop can fix ’em. We don’t want tanks to fight other tanks. That’s what anti-tank weapons are for. The best way to stop an M-1 is with a mine that blows a tread off. We want tanks for real armored warfare, which means to get deep in the enemy’s rear and overrun his soft stuff, his artillery and logistics trains and headquarters, so his whole force panics and comes apart.”

>This becomes more obvious later, but Lind is basically in denial about Desert Storm, since it takes a giant shit all over his ideas.

Chapter 22
>On the 23rd, an Aztec high priest cut the beating heart from Mr. Ambassador Zimmerman and offered it to the Hummingbird Wizard atop the Pyramid of the Sun at Teotihuacan.

>“Black people have been the only warriors in history. White men can’t fight. It’s because their noses are too small. Courage comes from the nose, not the heart, as the African spiritual healers you call witch doctors have long understood. That’s why black people eat their snot. What do you white folk do with your snot? You wrap it up in a little white surrender flag and put it in your pocket. So you don’t have no courage.”

Chapter 23
>felt like a broken-glass suppository wrapped in sandpaper
>What an apt way to describe this entire "book"
>>
>When I stuck my head into Ross’s CP, which was a single command version of the LAV, I was almost impaled by a German spiked helmet coming out. Below the helmet was a vast, rotund figure that could only be Bill Kraft [Fedora Man], clad in the dark blue uniform of a 19th century Prussian officer. Down the trouser legs ran the wine-red stripe of an officer of the Prussian General Staff. I must have done a double-take, because Kraft looked at me and said, “Don’t you remember why I turned down your kind offer to join the Christian Marine Corps?”

Chapter 24

>I pointed to the shortest member of the group. “Rack him.” I ordered... Our rack operators were members of the Society for Constructive Anachronism, who had never had anything more lively than department store manikins to experiment on.
>>
Going to start Chapter 25 in a little bit
>>
Sam Adams at the ready.
>>
Chapter 25: Saleel Sawarim

Last time on Victoria,

>“The Black Muslims are taking over Boston.”

And continuing to the present

>Summertime, and the blacks were uneasy. It had been hot in Boston over the last week, and July was the usual month for the usual riots.

Blacks or orcs? This is very important

>“A green flag is flying from the State House, and fires have broken out throughout Back Bay,” he was saying. “Columns of cars and trucks festooned with green streamers, full of armed blacks, have been moving through central Boston, heading across the Charles River into Cambridge and west on the Mass Pike toward Brookline and Suffolk. I see people dressed in white moving onto the Common for what appears to be some sort of rally. We’re told to expect an announcement soon from the State House, where General Hadji al-Malik al-Shabazz now has his headquarters.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxubQBkLWyY

Finally, I can post a nasheed to something involving Muslims actually happening, rather than posting them when Christians do things like crash planes into things.

He tries to reach Kelly, his 2IC in the Christian Marine Corps, but their comms are being jammed

>Shit, what kind of rioting blacks have an electronic warfare cell?

If this is some kind of Saudi invasion, and I wouldn't put it past Lind, it's a sad day when the US military is worse at warfare than Arabs.

>We had a Christian Marines satellite phone network which we didn’t use unless we had to. I punched in John’s number, and after about 20 rings he picked up. “Ire, thank God,” he panted, using an old nickname earned by my sunny disposition. “We’ve about had it here. At least you can get the word out.”

>“Word about what?” I replied. “What in hell is going on? Isn’t this the usual summer ghetto free-fried-chicken-and-watermelon riot?”

But because of the token black friend, he really isn't racist.
>>
>>30477690
>I’m trapped with about 20 other state cops on the top floor of the left wing of the building. John, I’m afraid it’s the Little Big Horn for us.”

This would have some tension if Lind hadn't told us back in Chapter 8 or whenever that Kelly was going to die.

They try to get a helicopter to Kelly's position but decide against it.

>If we made it in time, there was still an excellent chance the helicopter would get shot down as it sat over the State House, a big piñata for everybody to blaze away at. But we had to try.

I'm genuinely surprised that Rumsford considered something tactically unfounded. I expected someone else to propose it, and then Rumford, with sorrow in his heart, would explain the cold hard facts and shoot it down.

>“Who dis?” a voice said in an accent I recognized all too well. Maybe it was one of Kelly’s men.

>“Put Colonel Kelly on,” I ordered.

>“Allah is Great! Allah gon’ kill all da white devils!” the voice replied. “All da white devils gon’ burn in hell! Ha ha ha ha….”

Need I say more

>I recognized it was time for some Prussian advice.

Please no. Also, would anyone mind if I extended the drinking game to whenever Fedora Man's Prussian heritage comes up?

>Bill Kraft was still in town, waiting for our big victory banquet that was scheduled for August 4, a date he had insisted upon for reasons he wouldn’t explain.

If anyone knows their Prussian history better than me, I would love to know what Fedora Man is referencing.

>his nose in Sigismund von Schichtling’s criticism of von Schlieffen.

von Schlieffen is a really interesting and almost mythological character if you study WW1 history. One of the interesting aspects of why the Germans didn't perform the "real" Schlieffen plan was that the Russian mobilized early and were threatening to push into parts of old Prussia, the ancestral homeland of the Hohenzollern Kaisers.
>>
>“You hear the news from Boston, Herr Oberst?” I asked, thinking I could take him by surprise with the latest scoop.

Gratuitous German Quotes: 14

Sam Adams, lads

>“Indeed,” he replied. “It’s not surprising. It’s the opening of Phase Two.”

God, I can't wait to be lectured by the character I think is Lind's real self-insert. Basically, Phase 2 that of the Second American Civil War (which these faggots started in case you forgot). It's also intersecting with WW3, which in Lind's mind is about a global conflict with militant Islam.

>“If we are part of Christendom, then we must fight the Islamics, because they will attack us as soon as they think the odds favor them. If they succeed in Boston, they will try the same thing in every one of our cities. Nor should you think the appeal of Islam will be only to blacks. They will shape and tune their message to white audiences as well, and they will penetrate them. They will use any means that work. Saudi Arabia used to pay tens of thousands of dollars to any American citizen who would convert to Islam.”

A split between white supremacist American muslims who see blacks as kaffir and black muslims who want to exterminate whitey would be a more interesting book than what we're reading.

>“But what do we do about Governor Bowen? If he has to make a decision on this grand a scale, he’ll break out in assholes and shit himself to death.”

This is the guy that doesn't think that a mechanized assault on the Federal forces with the new CSA is a good idea. Since he's the guy that probably receives reports about the state of Northern Confederation fuel and ammo reserves, I would be inclined to believe him over Rumford.

Anyway, Bowen is a pussy, so Rumford is going to behind his back and prepare his forces for war in the intervening two or three weeks before Bowen has a nervous breakdown. Their decision is to besiege Boston, now flying the green banner of the Black Muslims.
>>
>>30477849
>We’ll plan our deployment accordingly,” I concluded. “Please convey my thanks for your assistance to the Prussian War Ministry.”

>Bill grinned. “I will do so with pleasure. I’m sending dispatches to Koenigsberg this afternoon.”

>“Not Berlin?”

>“Sadly, we Prussians remain exiles, even in Germany.”

Don't tell me that there's a Prussian illuminati which conveniently has an army to send to the US to fight the muslims.

>“The U.N. General Assembly has given its approval to sending a Muslim expeditionary force to Boston, under the U.N. flag. Russia will block it in the Security Council, but that won’t matter. It’s only a fig leaf, anyway. The real actor is the World Islamic Council, made up of every Muslim nation. I’m sure the expeditionary force was on its way before the Black Muslims made their move in Boston.”

I really can't see Saudi Arabia and Iran being chummy enough to work together or having the sealift capacity to send a large invasion force to the US.

>Within twenty-four hours of the U.N. vote, the first Islamic transport aircraft began landing at Logan airport, carrying a battalion of infantry from Muslim Bosnia. That was America’s reward for helping establish a Muslim state in Europe in the 1990s.

I didn't realize Lind was asspained about this too

>Two Egyptian squadrons of U.S.-made F-16s and one of Saudi Arabian F-35s came in to provide air cover; it was clear our New York Guard F-16 drivers would get some air-to-air action in this war.

I bet the F-16s will be a bigger threat because the F-35 is, as Lind puts it, a "flying piano."

>Three days later an Islamic naval task force arrived off Boston, including Iranian, Pakistani, and Indonesian destroyers and frigates, plus transports with 20,000 Egyptian and Iraqi combat troops equipped with tanks and artillery.

It's really sad that Lind hates the US military so much he considers the Iraqis a more serious threat.
>>
>>30477690

if he's riffing on Summertime, that just makes it all the worse.
>>
>>30477902
>With the enemy’s far superior fire power, I knew we couldn’t stop them with a perimeter defense if they tried to break out.

I know that the Arab militaries have a reputation for gross incompetence, but I still find it a little strange to think that some jackasses with hunting rifles and T-34s can beat them.

>I kept our LAV and tank forces dispersed in small, concealed lagers north of the border on I-95 and west of Worcester along the Mass Pike. If the Islamics tried a major break-out, there would be plenty of time to concentrate to counter it, if in fact we wanted to concentrate.

Are T-34s really capable of that. I would think that they would lose a third of them on the road march to concentrate the forces, let alone to whatever AFVs the Egyptians and Iraqis have.

As it turns out, the Black Muslims took some prisoners for a televised event trying to get the heretics to convert. Here are the highlights:

>“General” al-Shabazz, who until the uprising had been known as Willy Welly in the upscale Roxbury nightclub and whorehouse where he played the saxophone,

And this guy can pull off a better assault than the US military. Sad!

>the commanders of the Islamic Expeditionary Force in their U.N. blue berets.

Not just UN blue helmets on American soil! Islamic UN blue helmet! I'll need double-layered tin foil for this.

>My God, that’s John Kelly! I couldn’t be sure, because the prisoners’ backs were to the camera, but the way the guy carried himself was just like John, both hard and loose, ready for

>A mullah was introduced as the Ayatollah Ghorbag from Qum, in Iran

I don't see why a Shia is doing this. Maybe they defeated Sunnis sometime in the 2010s

>“There is no god but God, and Mohammed is his prophet.” The prisoner responded by repeating the same words back to him, making himself a Muslim. The Ayatollah then handed the new convert a crucifix, which he dropped on the ground and stomped.
>>
>>30478013
>The Christian Marines’ Massachusetts commander held the crucifix up, kissed it, shouted “Vivat Christus Rex!” and drove his big, black Mass state trooper boot into the Ayatollah’s groin. The mullah bent doubled, and John smashed both his fists and the crucifix down on the back of his neck. Ayatollah Ghorbag went down like a bag of manure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r7eNvrTQJM

>The Islamics made sure the Al Jazeera cameras got a clear view as the prisoners, starting with John, had nails driven through their wrists and their feet into the wood of the cross, which was then erected. John said the Nicene Creed, in Latin, as the hammers pounded. Mrs. Lodge wept, but she didn’t scream.

>Thousands converted. Thousands refused. The Common soon was crowded with crosses, to the point where it looked like a convention of short telephone poles, each holding the broken body of a Christian martyr. They even had special, tiny crosses for the children, who gasped and wheezed out their breath looking over the little lake where the swan boats used to sail.

A few years ago, I would have laughed, but since ISIS has actually done exactly this - it's not as far fetched as other things.

>Their critical vulnerability was the sea. That’s where we had to attack.

Oh god, I can't wait to see Lind's idea of naval tactics in action.

And this ends Chapter 25
>>
>>30477996
I'm afraid I don't get it
>>
>>30478108

Summertime is a famous song from Porgy and Bess, a black opera written by George Gershwin. also a Sublime song. riffing off of that just smacks of more cartoonish racism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7-Qa92Rzbk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayE6Shlv598
>>
>>30478130
Thanks. I just assumed it had something to do with crime generally going up during the summer
>>
Unsurprisingly, Billy Lind's grasp on naval tactics is as shaky as his grasp of land warfare.
>>
>>30478174
And air combat
>>
>>30478189

i do air combat for a living. i'll be out all day for a friend's wedding, but i'm interested (in a train-wreck manner) in what i'll read
>>
>>30477496
>Sam Adams is owned by some German company
Sam Adams guy from thread 1 here.

To clarify, the CEO's an American named Koch (german heritage) and the parent company is American (Boston, MA). It's tangentially Germanic though because they work with German brewers for joint projects.

Still, this drinking game is hilarious and Sam Adams is ALWAYS A GOOD DECISION.
>>
About to start on Chapter 26: Ripe like Van Ripen

If you haven't been following along, I'm coining names for the chapters. Lind probably wouldn't approve
>>
>>30477902

Is Kraft insane or joking or is 19th century Prussia just there now?
>>
>>30477760
August 4 & Prussia:
>Battle of Wissembourg, 1870: first action of the Franco-Prussian War

That's all I got.
>>
>>30477760

>when your minor in military history actually becomes mildly useful
>when you realize your minor was a waste of credit hours and money, and you want to commit Sudoku.

August 4, 1914 was the date the British Empire declared war on Germany.
>>
>>30478447

also this >>30478428
>>
Running a little late. Parents wanted to talk about 4th of July plans
>>
Chapter 26

>Hoff had his work cut out for him, since our only ship was the LPH John Ross pirated when he came north.

I can hardly wait to see what they come up with

>“We have a navy of sorts,” Hoff replied. “It’s nothing the old U.S. Navy would have called a navy, but I think it can fight.”

>“Can it cut the Islamics in Boston off from the sea?”

>“I think it can, if we use a combined arms approach,” Hoff replied.

Haha, dude 4GW lmao

>We’ve developed two types of warships,” Hoff explained. “I should call them ‘warboats,’ because they’re pretty small. The first is a gunboat, armed with either a ‘Stalin organ’ multiple rocket launcher or a Russian 240 mm mortar. They are converted fishing boats, which means they can carry plenty of ammunition, but they’re slow. Our second warboat type is torpedo boats, converted from speed boats.”

Van Ripen, eat your heart out

>“Did the Russians send us torpedoes?” I asked.

The answer is no, but do not fear. They have a ""plan""

>We’re using spar torpedoes.”

>“We’re a little more modern than that,” Dick replied. “We’re up to about the 1880s. After the Civil War, in Europe, navies developed spar torpedoes that could be towed behind and off to one side of a torpedo boat. Instead of ramming the target, the torpedo boat could cut ahead or astern of it, and the towed torpedo would still hit the ship’s side. That’s the kind we’ve got.”

Hoo, boy.

> So our navy needs to take out that air cover to allow our aircraft to keep their ships away.”

Naturally, they're going to mortar the airfield. Is Logan Airport really close enough that you can hit it with a M240 mortar
>>
>>30479050
>240mm on a converted fishing boat

Something about this makes me think it should get one shot off before recoil sinks it.
>>
>>30479050
>“Yes, I think so,” Dick said. “I’ve talked to the Boys in Utica, and they’ll launch a massive feint toward Boston with every F-16 we’ve got at the same time we make our torpedo attack on the Islamic warships. That will make the Islamics launch their aircraft in response. Assuming our torpedoes hit, the way will be clear for our gunboats to blow the hell out of Logan airport. When the Muslim F-35s and F-16s get back, the only place they’ll have to land is in the ocean. After that, our F-16s will have clear skies to defend the approaches to Boston from any more ships the Muslims may send.”

At least they acknowledge that this is a pretty harebrained scheme.

>“It will take about three days to infiltrate our gunboats and torpedo boats into the Boston area,” Hoff answered. “Their weapons systems are concealed, so they look just like other coastal traffic, which the Islamics haven’t blocked. We want to attack at first light with the torpedo boats, when their warships will be silhouetted by the dawn and we can come out of the shadows. The gunboats will already be in Boston’s outer harbor, posing as the fishing boats they were. Utica is ready now, so let’s say we make D-day September 10th, four days from now. We need to move fast, or there won’t be any white Christians left alive in Boston.”

Lind is definitely asspained about MC2002

>“Skipper, I’ve got someone you may want to talk to, a black fellow who got out of Boston just last night. He says he knows you, and he knows what’s happening to Boston’s blacks. His name is Matthews.”

The token black friend from way back in Chapter 5 or so. In the meantime, he had converted to Islam to not get killed and to gather some information. He was instantly promoted to Major because he volunteered to convert. He knows what they've been doing to Black Christians. And the answer to that will be revealed in my next post
>>
>>30477760
August 4: birthdate of the USCG.
>>
>>30479133
>“They’re selling them, sir. As slaves, back in the Arab countries. When a plane or a ship arrives with Muslim troops or equipment, it doesn’t go home empty. It goes back filled with black Christians, sir, to be sold as slaves.”

>But most black Christians are strong folk, sir. They’re like the church ladies you remember. Unlike me, they wouldn’t deny their Lord and Savior, Jesus.”

We all remember the Church Lady blitzkrieg, right? It feels like an eternity ago.

>“Gunny, the forces of the Northern Confederation are about to attack, to liberate Boston. You have just given me the keys to the city. If you’ll do it, I’ll call a news conference where you will tell the whole world’s media what you just told me, and you’ll show them the letters.

I thought they were back to wood stoves. But evidently CNN and dank memes are still around for propaganda.

>Our infantry was deployed to attack, not on major routes, such as I-90 and I-93, but on all the back roads and minor streets. The Islamic Expeditionary Force had focused on defending the major roads, leaving the small stuff to their Black Muslim allies. I was relying on Matthews’ message to clear them.

Which could be a method of getting defeated in detail, even by Arabs. The Saudis have no qualms about bombing Yemen to rubble, but don't feel like doing the same thing here.

>Bill Kraft reminded me of what von Rundstedt did when he got the word that the Allies were landing on the beaches of Normandy. He went out into the garden and trimmed the roses. He had already done all he could, and anything more would just get him into his subordinates’ knickers where he shouldn’t be. It was a good lesson, but it didn’t untie the knots in my stomach.

More Wehraboo-ing. Does he forget who won D-Day?

>By the evening of the 9th, Boston was crackling with light weapons fire... Boston’s blacks were turning on their Islamic “friends.”
>>
>>30479289
>Some were fishing boats, others the kind of speedboats used to run hashish between ship and shore in a trade both sides made money from. Nothing seemed unusual, on a blockade that had never been challenged. The lookouts knew the infidels had no navy, and besides, it was time for morning prayers.

This really is a lower-tech MC2002.

>Precisely at prayer time, the speedboats gunned their engines and turned sharply toward the Muslim warships, on courses that would take them across their bow or stern. The spar torpedoes ran about 20 feet outboard of the torpedo boats and 100 feet astern. The morning calm was broken by the deep booming of underwater explosions as 250 pound charges blew truck-sized holes in the Prophet’s war galleys.

>At the same time, the Islamic air controllers at Logan Airport picked up a mass formation of incoming Northern Confederation F-16s on their radar. Within minutes, Saudi F-35s were scrambling to intercept, followed by everything else that could fly. No one noticed that on the fishing boats near the end of the runways, crewman were taking the canvas covers off tubes planted amidships. The first rounds from our gunboats’ mortars and rocket launchers began impacting the runways and support facilities at 06:40. There were no Islamic warships to interfere.

I went and looked it up, and yeah, they would be in range. This is better than the creeks from last thread.

"But Billy, how do they find the F-35?"

Remember, stealth is a meme in Lindsanity.

>Our zoomies badly wanted to get into furballs with the Islamic fighter aircraft, but I had forbidden it. Our pilots were better, and I was sure we would win, but I was also sure we’d take some losses. Never fight an enemy you can destroy without fighting. True to their orders, our F-16s turned tail and fled west when they picked up the lead Saudi F-35s closing on them.

I have to keep reminding myself that Lind has a questionable grasp on physics to avoid becoming apoplectic at this
>>
>>30479396
>a questionable grasp on physics

As opposed to anything else outside of generational warfare?
>>
>>30479625
But 4GW is questionable to begin with
>>
>>30479396

Here's the deal, I've been here since thread 1.

"Make fun of some retards," I thought.
"Enjoy the fact that you're smarter than the author," I thought.

No. I can't do this anymore. The idea that this motherfucker gets paid to have wrong opinions and writes books that get reviews that are basically conservative morons shouting "tru! 100! 100!" and "wow so spoopy! What if happen?!" Actually is too much for me. I can't fucking do it. I'm punching out. I love you Billy, you're doing God's work, but I can't do this shit.

>>30479625

>implying there's anything to "know" about 4GW

4GW is pseudoscience bullshit that zero (0) respected (and I mean actually respected, not echo chamber of baboons) military leaders espouse.
>>
>>30479699

I need to run an errand for 4th of July; I'll be back to finish Chapter 26 in a little bit.

You can do this man. Grab a can of Sam Adams Boston Lager and shotgun it. Hold on tight. We're all in this together
>>
>>30479754
Have you made any progress with getting a full copy of the book?
>>
>>30479754

I don't know man. I'm trying really hard, but every post just gets harder to sit through.
>>
>>30479396

Wait, the giant fuck off mortars were just covered by tarps? Not below decks, or dissembled, they just threw a fucking tarp on it? Also I don't know anything about boats but isn't 17 feet a lot of deck space for a fishing boat to have free?
>>
>>30479778
No, I might have to sadly buy it
>>
>>30479909
It really depends on what they mean by "fishing boat" cause they range from 14-30 feet for most private owned ones. So it's not out of the realm of possibility, but still kinda stoopid.
>>
>>30480284

Makes sense. I was picturing the boat from Jaws in my head but I'm from the midwest so what do I know?
>>
Wouldn't it be really hard to accurately fire a non-computerized mortar of the deck of a ship? What with the ship rolling, getting pushed around by waves, etc?
>>
>>30480462
Mission orders, man. It will all work out
>>
>>30480462
Jesus will guide the shells.
>>
What is this? I've never seen one of these threads before?

Is /k/ writing a book? Where is the rest?
>>
>>30480542
No, this is /k/ shitting all over a book.
>>
>>30480462
Could the deck even take the recoil? Of the mortars, not the rockets
>>
>>30480553
this is diarrhea bukkake over a book & it's brilliant: many thanks to OP.
>>
>>30480529

They were Russian shells sprinkled with holy water under the benevolent gaze of the Tsar
>>
Where's the US Navy? They were shooting Russian ships earlier
>>
>>30480519
it's not even on #bookz
and fucking near everything is on #bookz
>>
>>30480081
Im patiently waiting for the nukes.
>>
Maybe Cuckbattles has a full pdf
>>
>>30481009
>Oppenheimer !!bd8BUj0eKSN
>Im patiently waiting for the nukes
Oh shit son
>>
File: bender reaction.jpg (48 KB, 400x301) Image search: [Google]
bender reaction.jpg
48 KB, 400x301
>>30479396
>With the Muslims’ air force wiped out, our F-16s launched a second strike, this time for real. They finished off two Islamic warships that had remained afloat after our torpedo attacks, sank the Islamic transport ships and strafed and cluster-bombed the Muslim armor and artillery.

Not to be a Luddite, but I don't think those weapons would completely annihilate the armor like this.

>Our ground assault had also kicked off at first light. Our infantry walked into a city-sized civil war

How convenient

>Without any direction from General Staff headquarters, our forces moved to encircle the regular Islamic units.

With your hundred T-34s and technicals. Right.

inb4 Toyota War

iirc, the technicals there were mostly used to raid outposts and airfields before heavy armor could show up while maintaining a smaller logistical footprint.

>The question was, how would the blacks react? Would they fight both us and the foreign troops? Or would they welcome us as friends and liberators?

He said "blacks," not "orcs," so I can only assume that their reactions will be friendly.

>It was not something I could determine sitting in an office in Worcester, no matter how good the comm (and ours was good, thanks to using Radio Shack gear and not the garbage the old U.S. forces had bought through their Soviet-model procurement system).

see pic

. In it was most of the Islamic armor, which had been put there to block an armor thrust by us that never happened. We’d blown bridges on I-90 before and behind the armor, so it couldn’t move.

I'm not super knowledgeable about Massachusetts topography (as my fuckup about the airport shows), but a quick glance and that maps and it seems to me that they could get out. If it's a fully equipped mechanized unit, they probably have a combat engineers, if not bridgelaying vehicles.

>In our army, he wasn’t surprised to find the Chief of the General Staff arriving on a dirt bike.

Because they have Van Ripen (tm) warp drives
>>
I didn't think there'd be a crazier author than James Rawles but here we go
>>
>>30481541
There was a serious presidential canidate that listened to this man.
>>
>>30481541

>and ours was good, thanks to using Radio Shack gear and not the garbage the old U.S. forces had

WHAT? Encryptionless comms are an advantage? They outfitted an entire army with what they scavenged and it all works together? This takes place in what, 2029? Why the fuck are there still Radio Shacks in that number? Didn't they go back to a sustenance farming society years ago why are there still chain stores operating and holy shit REE
>>
>>30481691
And this is the 2029 where they've regressed to steam locomotives (which were destroyed), non-electronic records (which were also destroyed), and T-34s. Fuel hasn't been an issue because the author's autism prevents him from handling complex operations such as logistics.
>>
>>30481721
Why are there T-34's in the USA
>>
>>30481733
They got them from the Tsar.
>>
>>30481721

I doubted. I didn't think anything in this book could make me that angry.

>>30481741

I laughed. Thank you.
>>
File: that crusader feel when.jpg (52 KB, 680x459) Image search: [Google]
that crusader feel when.jpg
52 KB, 680x459
>>30481541
>“It’s over for the Islamic Expeditionary Force,” I said. “All that’s left is for us to cut up their U.N. blue berets and use ’em as toilet paper. But it’s not them I’m worried about. It’s the local blacks. How are they reacting to you?”

I'll let this stand on its own

>John took me over to the Dodge pickup he was using as a command vehicle. Painted on the side was a white shield with a red Crusader cross.

AVE MARIA! AVE MARIA! DEUS VULT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isxvXITTLLY

After this ensures an encounter with some of the Black Muslims. A rousing speech from Rumford and Captain Ross convinces them to renounce Islam, lay down their weapons, and go home.

>“No,” I replied, “because we don’t want to kill the Islamic Expeditionary Force. We want to capture it, then trade it for the black Christians who chose slavery over renouncing their faith.”

This is their next genius plan. It's interesting to not the Bonapartism we're seeing here. This would ordinarily be the sort of thing for policymakers to decide.

>“Anyone who is strong enough to accept slavery rather than renounce Christ is someone we want as a citizen. We don’t care what color someone is. We care about what a person believes and how they behave. The black Christians of Boston are our people too, and we want them back.”

But how do you tell blacks from "orcs"?

:^)

>By the 11th, the encircled elements of the Islamic Expeditionary Force knew their fleet was destroyed and their exit closed, so they asked for terms of surrender. We assured them they would be treated as POWs and exchanged for Boston’s blacks, provided they left their equipment undamaged. They agreed, and we inherited a huge park of the latest tanks, artillery, and air defense weapons.

But not before we put a few of them on the rack amirite. And I thought vast swathes of the Muslim equipment was destroyed.
>>
>>30481691
Not to mention that Radio Shack has basically been glorified phone kiosks for about 20 years now.
>>
>>30481790
>For real war, most of it was inferior to the older, simpler gear we already had, but we still found ways to use it. 70-ton tanks work fine as coast artillery.

God damn it, Billy.

>With the revelation of the Islamic trade in black slaves, the Black Muslims ceased to exist

That never stopped the Nation of Islam before. What sort of retarded, Yakub-spawned albinoid wrote this?

>But our war wasn’t over yet. The next battles would be against poisons within.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZegQYgygdw
>>
>>30481810
>against poisons within

I was wondering when they would go full Franco.
>>
>>30481794
I feel like half of it was written in the 90s, and then he went back to finish it in the 2000s where he updated some of the older material. But he's a luddite, so he missed things like Radioshack

Oh yeah, did anyone else notice that for all the bitching about how "there's no such thing as a precision weapon," their air strikes were pretty darned good (I'm considering it a plot hole how they were first described as devastating and then how they have a ton of crap left over at the end)
>>
>>30481810

>M1A2s are inferior to T-34s for MUH REAL COMBAT

I'm just a dumb ex grunt who doesn't understand big blue arrow stuff, but I see some flaws here
>>
>>30481908
Don't forget Radioshack radios BTFOing military comms
>>
File: 1412607898000.jpg (168 KB, 1024x676) Image search: [Google]
1412607898000.jpg
168 KB, 1024x676
I thumbed through Lind's "training manuals" last night out of curiosity. While it's still stupid, it's not nearly on the same level of mental impairment as this stuff.

One of them included a surprisingly thoughtful but by no means new or revolutionary segment on how standard warfighting tactics drove muslims in the middle east to fight against the US. While not very good, it made me seriously doubt that Lind and this "torch the faggots" guy are actually the same person. Unless the manuals were him just restraining his autism to seem more legitimate? I dunno.
>>
>>30481942
Sorry, shoulda included a link:

>https://www.traditionalright.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/FMFM-1A-revised-17-Jul-09.pdf

Page 22.
>>
>>30481888

Don't forget the Christian Marines going out of their way to make sure they got all that Saudi equipment in the surrender negotiations only to call it trash because it doesn't run on coal.

Or hell, he could have easily said he couldn't have made a decision from Worcester because they're a resistance group and their Radio Shack comms weren't up to it. It would change NOTHING plot wise but give us an idea this is an actual underdog winning through smarts, but FUCK THAT Lind has to be unimpeachable in everything he does.
>>
>>30481942
>https://voxday.blogspot.com/2015/05/paul-gottfried-reviews-victoria.html

Nope, the publishers are saying it was Lind
>>
if vox likes it it's complete trash fuck its not even trash its condensed raidioactive waste
>>
Chapter 27: Dindu Nuffin

>“Just as paperweights,” I replied. “The only electronic security in the age of computers is not having any computers. The only computers in our army are in the Nachrichtendienst, where we have a nest of nerds who hack the other side’s computers.”

But somehow the drawbacks of this arrangement never bite them

>“Ayuh, that’s what it is,” I replied. “I never did trust any machine that wasn’t run by steam.”

You make me cringe for liking steam engines, Lind

>The problem is, in most places, it isn’t the good black people who run the black community. It’s the bad blacks. It’s gang leaders and drug dealers and drug users. It’s muggers and car-jackers and burglars. It’s pimps and prostitutes, beggars and plain-ol’ bums. It’s people who just won’t work for an honest living.”

The enemy within: niggers, amirite

> We want to do it ourselves, to show folks what good black people can do.”

I can hardly wait

>The Gunny took his leave, and I followed him down the stairs to pay a call on Herr Oberst Kraft.

You should take a sip of Sam Adams out of principle

>The smoke from my cigar mingled fragrantly with that from Kraft’s pipe, and he offered me a glass of Piesporter Michelsberg Spatese ’22 to wash down both

*tips pickelhaube*

>“The will is there. I’ll tell you, quite frankly, that some well-placed people simply want to expel every black from our territory, and I think a majority of our citizens would agree.” [said Fedora Man]

But they're going to come up with something better

>“Yes, we can listen. But remember, das Wesentlich ist die Tat. We will only be satisfied with actions and with results, not intentions.”

Gratuitous German Quotes: 15

Sip it

>On the afternoon of the first Sunday in November, the governors of the states in the Northern Confederation met in Albany, New York, to hear the leaders of the “Council Of Responsible Negroes”

Fucking hell
>>
>>30482771

>Anyway, it was clear that Gunny Matthews, the director of the Council Of Responsible Negroes, or CORN, had a tough row to hoe.

Because obsolete farm equipment, geddit. I don't think I'm reading too much into it.

>“Your Honor, we are here today to discuss the most urgent matter facing our Confederation, now that the United States no longer exists and our borders are, at least at the moment, quiet. Within those borders we hold people, black people, who are a threat to the rest of us. Blacks threaten to be what they have been for many decades: an economic burden and a source of disorder, crime, violence, and even, as we saw in Boston, war. Unlike the United States, the Northern Confederation will not live with this threat. A state’s first responsibility is to maintain order, and we will. However, if blacks themselves can successfully end the threat and permit all citizens of the Confederation to live in harmony, that would be the best possible outcome. We have come together today to hear from you, as representatives of the black community, proposals to that end. You may proceed.”

Even though I live somewhere with significant black-on-white crime, I can't help but cringe

> []Gunny Mathews said] "Their skins may have been black, but their hearts were as white as yours.”

I think white is supposed to imply "purity," but it ends up being really awkward in this context
>>
>>30482813
>“Here is our proposal: First, we will put an end to black crime. Any negro who commits a crime involving violence or threat of violence, or breaks into a home or business, or steals a car, will hang. Any negro accused of such a crime will be tried within 48 hours, the jurors will be picked from the residents, black or white, of the street where the crime was committed, the trial will be over in 24 hours, and the sentence will be carried out within three days. We’ll build gallows in every park. We’ll gibbet the hanged corpses on every street corner. And negroes will do the hanging.”

Legalized lynching and remember, there's no legal representation in this (or the future, it's not clear) system.

>“Not only will we hang every drug dealer, we’ll hang every hard drug user. Anyone, black or white, on the street in black neighborhoods will be subject to random drug testing. Anyone who fails the test will be dragged to the nearest gallows and hanged. The drug test itself will count as the trial.”

>“Second, we will enable all negroes to work, produce, and contribute to society instead of taking from it. For decades, regulations imposed by the U.S. government made it impossible for most blacks, and many whites, to start a small business. Anyone who tried was visited by dozens of inspectors and regulators demanding something or other “under penalty of law.”

I don't get the point of this one

“Third, we will make certain no more negro children grow up in cities. Cities have always provided rich soil for vices of every kind... physically or morally, as the countryside. Therefore, any negro family that has or wants children will be resettled on a farm. Our states have vast amounts of land that used to be farmed but now lies fallow. World prices for food are rising. Life on a small farm will not make negroes rich in money, but it will give them rich lives.”

Wew lad
>>
>>30482869
>lets make people who have never farmed in their lives farm! It'll be a law.

Worked out great for the soviet collective farms right?
>>
So that war they fought against basically the entire Muslim world just ended? No fall out its just done and we can just move on to the real issue, blacks? Alright.
>>
>>30482869
I can't tell if he's trying to thinly veil his racism and make it sound like a logical idea, or if he actually thinks people would be on board with this.
>>
>>30479854
At first it was just absurd, now it's doubling down. I have a solution: think of it as a big fricking South Park episode.
>SJWs ruin America
>rural citizens must stop this menace
>crusaders rally around a Victorian era cosplayer and assault Washington (Cartman dressed as General Lee and led drunk reenactors to do the same)
>the middle east invades (Iraq invaded once to arrest a hot substitute teacher)
>troll logic rules the day
>everyone becomes the worst stereotypes (mongorians!)
>bad guys lose for the stupidest reasons
>the government is retarded (giant modem fails to work? shoot it)
>logistics don't matter

We just need a big disclaimer saying THIS IS WHAT 4TH GEN WARFARE IS
>>
>>30482869
At this point if you're black, you might as well go: gas the whites, race war now.

>“This is our proposal. If you will approve it, we are ready to put it into effect within 90 days. We ask you to give us three years to prove that it works. If it does not work within that time, we will know black people cannot live in this country, and we will leave. We will lead our people back to Africa.”

I was expecting some more SCA medieval torture, not this. Caught me off guard.

>It was serious. It meant no more shuckin’ and jivin’.

Don't need to riff this, just highlight it for anyone that missed it.

>I had quietly mobilized militia around each city that had a substantial black population, in case of trouble. There wasn’t any from the blacks, but in Lawrence, Lowell, and Methuen, Massachusetts, the Puerto Ricans rioted.

A real Bonaparte we have here.

>The Massachusetts militia quickly encircled the affected areas in each city, then blockaded them. They turned off the water and gas, stopped all food deliveries, and waited. It took about 48 hours for the first Puerto Rican refugees, cold, hungry and thirsty, to approach the militia’s perimeter. There, by my orders, they were turned back.
>Meanwhile, the Massachusetts legislature passed a resolution expelling all Puerto Ricans in the three cities from the Commonwealth.

They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime.

And they load them on the LPH and deport them to Puerto Rico. Ayy lmao.

>By December 15, all the states in the Confederation had accepted the governor of New York’s idea for a nationwide referendum on the CORN proposal. It was held on January 3, 2029, and it passed by 58%. Surprisingly, the referendum got strong majorities in virtually every black ward.

Probably at militia gunpoint and having been disarmed in the aftermath of the Black Muslim campaign.
>>
>>30483012
>The shiny new gallows stood mostly unused after the first few weeks. The whole “black militant” act everyone had groaned under for decades simply collapsed. As Dr. Johnson said, the prospect of being hanged concentrates the mind wonderfully.

HARD MEN. MAKING HARD DECISIONS.

>Even though most urban negroes had been born and reared in the city, they retained some ancestral memory of a happy country life. We didn’t have to force them to head for the farm; they wanted to go.

I don't buy this. But do you want to know why it doesn't go full Khmer Rouge, here's Lind's answer

>The Amish and Mennonites proved to be excellent teachers.

Yup.

>Today, in the year 2068, our negro farmers are the bedrock of our agriculture. Their products make up more than 30% of our exports. Black and white folk still mostly keep to themselves socially, as is only natural, but they work together for the good of our nation. The black visionary whose vision came true was not Martin Luther King, but Booker T. Washington.

Neat. Serfs for a new monarchy. If this is some sort of political tract, I wish it could get the LOGH treatment and raise some hard questions. But this is Lind we're talking about.

>Hang him high
>Or hang him low,
>To the hangman
>He will go.
>Hang the fat
>And hang the thin,
>Bow his head
>And stick it in.
>Hang the young
>And hang the old,
>Hang the bully
>And the bold.
I>f he steals,
>He sure must know,
>To the hangman
>He will go.

A ditty sung by black schoolchildren in 2068

>It’s always been true that children learn their lessons best at play

And on this note, we end Chapter 27. The comments are pretty cancerous, so check them out.
>>
>>30483012

Didn't the UN start the Islamic invasion of America? Are they just bored of it all now? Are they okay with Tsarist Russia basically funding a vessel state in NE? If they were willing to invade over "Insults to multiculturalism" or what ever Lind said, why are they okay with summary executions directed toward a specific race? I don't understand how someone can write this shit.
>>
>>30483092
>Didn't the UN start the Islamic invasion of America?

Yes

>Are they just bored of it all now?

Apparently

>Are they okay with Tsarist Russia basically funding a vessel state in NE?

Seems like it

>If they were willing to invade over "Insults to multiculturalism" or what ever Lind said, why are they okay with summary executions directed toward a specific race?

Because they're trying to play realpolitik and care more about dividing the US than multiculturalism. Maybe?

>I don't understand how someone can write this shit.

The sophistry of his nonfiction becomes pretty transparent in his fiction
>>
>>30483156

OP, you're doing God's work. .
>>
God damn, the "enemies within" of the next chapter are even dumber
>>
>>30483156
More coming?
>>
>>30483318

Waiting with bated breath.

This shit is solid gold.
>>
What a retarded ending to a retarded chapter
>>
File: CAN'T WAKE UP.jpg (16 KB, 302x269) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T WAKE UP.jpg
16 KB, 302x269
>>30482771
>to hear the leaders of the “Council Of Responsible Negroes”
>>
Chapter 28: Do You Wanna Kill a Strawman?

>With the war in remission and the black problem on its way to a solution, our main difficulty was that the economy was in the tank.

Dare we say, a "final" solution?

>As in Russia in the 1990s, the breakup of the country had severed so many trade relationships that industry came to a standstill.

Kay.

>The Pine Tree Dollar held its value, because we stuck to the rule of not printing any we couldn’t back with gold or foreign exchange.

I'm no economist, but I don't totally buy this.

>People just took in their belts a notch or two, huddled together in the one room that had heat and looked for opportunities to work.

I guess they really are doing pretty shittily; however, it never seems to meaningfully have an effect on the story

>Slowly, those opportunities came. With the Federal government and its OSHAs and EPAs and EEOCs gone, someone with an idea could just set up shop.

A lot was probably lost in the transition to a subsistence economy

> In Massachusetts, one of the companies on Route 128 made a breakthrough in battery technology and began manufacturing power-packs for European and Japanese electric cars. In New York, a crazy retired colonel started building small dirigibles using carbon fiber frames, as replacements for helicopters. They cost only one-tenth as much to operate and maintain for the same lift, and foreign orders started coming in.

Or perhaps not

>A computer wizard in Providence came up with a terminal that gave the user hard copy as he typed, thus guaranteeing he would never again lose days of work because the system crashed. He called his device a “printwriter,” and it sold like, well, typewriters.

So, not at all like in the current day?

>I was tempted to go into business myself, making a practical and highly gratifying attachment for the telephone which would, upon detecting voicemail on the other end, immediately zap the receiver with a gazillion-volt charge

lel
>>
I gotta get up really early tomorrow. Going innawoods. I'll pick this up later tomorrow tho; sorry if I've been slow, it's been a busy day. Ultimately, mea culpa.

Hope you enjoyed the madness
>>
>>30483801
>we became a literal country of farmers riding steam locomotives but somehow beat every other developed nation to the punch on highly contested materials research
ya that makes sense, who needs university labs anyways, mission orders + individual initiative carry the day
>>
>>30483892
What are you, some kind of cultural Marxist sodomite?
>>
>>30477496
Is that skinny Pam, Archer, and the baby Seamus?????
>>
File: mind fuck stalin.jpg (18 KB, 409x377) Image search: [Google]
mind fuck stalin.jpg
18 KB, 409x377
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>30481541

you can do some serious damage with SFWs to armor.

but i doubt Lind knows what a CBU-97/105 is, and he probably thinks it's not 4GW to use a WCMD.
>>
This is what I really dislike about all lit that you could call alt-right, I guess. Not just shit like this or Turner Diaries, but also those hack sci-fi or crime series, the ones that have like a million books in them, and they're all vaguely tinfoil. I could sorta enjoy some of them, but it's like the average reader of them cannot handle the idea of any setback to their heroes, and consequently it's all garbage devoid of any tension. I guess that someone with that mindset IRL already feels beset on all sides, and just wants some non-stop winning in their escapist fiction.
>>
File: [not an argument intensifies].png (505 KB, 790x790) Image search: [Google]
[not an argument intensifies].png
505 KB, 790x790
>>30482869
>Third, we will make certain no more negro children grow up in cities. Cities have always provided rich soil for vices of every kind... physically or morally, as the countryside. Therefore, any negro family that has or wants children will be resettled on a farm. Our states have vast amounts of land that used to be farmed but now lies fallow. World prices for food are rising. Life on a small farm will not make negroes rich in money, but it will give them rich lives

Jesus christ he makes the average /pol/tard look like fucking antifa. Literally sending blacks to pick cotton on collectivized farms like its 1830.

I mean fuck can he just be honest with us and say he hates niggers already? That would be million times better than this.
>>
>>30485596
Ever know anybody who always uses cheat codes when they play vidya against the computer?

Those are the kind of people who buy into this kind of tripe. As a side note, they tend to be under-employed and educationally moribund around grades 10-12. Interestingly enough, they'll blame their problems on the skin color of people they've never met.
>>
>>30485742
I do that and I'm on the far left....
>>
>>30485596

The argument they use is that "new is bad, old is good."

This is why you have the futuristic dystopian novellas.

Now, let me qualify this by saying I am exempting things like Metro, 1984, Fallout, etc. because those are written as either a cautionary tale or for fun, and have no real "fear the future" meaning behind them.

The grand irony here is that they don't realize is that what's old is new. Everything we have and value today is a progressive movement that bore fruit.

Everything from human use of fire up to modern representative democracy has at one point been furiously argued.

This is not to say there are not new ideas that are bad, but the argument that somehow now society has peaked and is turning into a shitheap, is silly, especially when the calorie per day per human intake is going up, meaning less starving kids, less people are dying due to preventable causes, global democracy index scores continue to have an upward slant, free press laws are being upheld in *most* places on earth, and large scale conflict has stayed relatively rare in the post-war era.

It may seem difficult to believe, but life is getting better. Just because we are in a period of cultural strife and trying to find our new bearings in this new world (this too, shall pass) doesn't mean that the world of tomorrow will be a decimated wasteland.
>>
>>30485851
Nah, I can get the reactionary stuff, the fetishizing of the old and familiar. It's the always-right, always-good, nothing is ever bad, even hardship is welcome and beneficial bullshit.
>>
>>30485872

Well that's because there are people that say shit like "hardship makes us stronger!" when in reality it just makes your soldier poorly trained, fed, and equipped.

The hilarity is that by Lind's logic, North Korea has, hands down, the strongest military on earth, because not only do they not have equipment, they have no food.
>>
Sweet, I always wondered what an economic policy founded on "Message to Garcia" would look like. Zeppelins and printers, apparently.

>>30483318

Predictions? We already dealt with the Negros, the US Government, and the Mohammadites. Who's left for a God fearing, 19th century renaissance man to defeat with light infantry tactics? Sodomites? Papists? The Habsburgs?
>>
>>30486152

Democrats probably.

What's worse is I don't mean the political party, I mean people that believe in democracy and elections.
>>
>>30485821
Same difference.
>>
>>30486224
probably this. wouldn't be surprised if polygamy comes in. or oil wrestling becoming mandatory for schoolboys & the the Lind-insert character becoming a very hands-on coach.
>>
>>30486299
Well at least things will get interesting.
>>
>>30481669
He was widely influential in his corner of the conservative movement, as far as I can tell.
>>
>>30486326
Yeah, the part that gets it's news from /pol/
>>
>>30486152
Environmentalists
>>
>>30486346
Dude has been around, writing mostly about strategy and tactics, since the 80s.
>>
>>30486437
So what you're saying is that he's gone mad with age.
>>
I don't see anything wrong with this.

Is this bad?
>>
>>30487872
...The politics or the T-34's are better than M1 Abrams bits?
>>
>printwriter
This is the perfect encapsulation of how fucking stupid all this is.
>>
>>30487814

Lind's ideal society right now is a nation of serfs barely living off the land and shuttling around in Zeppelins. He had to always been a little nuts.
>>
>>30487814
He was like Sprey, only coincidentally correct in his diagnoses
>>
>>30477496
What's the most hilarious to me is this faggot's wet dream was attempted in the 1960s in Northern NM over Spanish land grants and got absolutely blown the mother fuck out. If you want a hearty kek at a Lind tier rebel look up Reies Lopez Tijerina
>>
>>30489892
>At first, the families, referred to as "los Bravos" or the "Heralds of Peace", lived under trees, but they soon dug themselves subterranean shelters, covering them with automobile hoods recovered from garbage dumps
Nice.
>>
>>30482813
>A state’s first responsibility is to maintain order
Whoa whoa whoa WHOA, assumptions time! How about,
"A state's first responsibility is to secure the blessings of liberty," or
"A state's first responsibility is to protect the rights of its citizens?"
Fucking monarchist.
>>
>>30490015
I don't know if you've noticed, but he's not really big on rights in general.
>>
>>30489949
Molemen?
>>
>>30489949

>He chose the name Ira de Alá, literally "Wrath of Allah", because he "knew that if there was a just God, he had to be angry and unhappy with those that managed our government and religion here on Earth"

Nothing could go wrong with this.
>>
>>30490308
Kek my dads family lived up there around that time and he said even as a kid from a family with legit Spanish land grant claims he thought it was fucking retarded and my grandma met tijerna and said he was cringe worthy. A "nut job" were her words irc
>>
>>30490308
Well, he'd go to the gallows in Lindland. Fucking Mohammedans
>>
>>30491131

And their war galleys/C130s, bringing our Christian brotha's to the slave markets of the Barbary coast.
>>
>>30490031
He is almost done with the entirety of the Bill of Rights. The only one he has not had his "utopia" ignore is the 3rd.

>1st
Burning heretics.
>2nd
Confiscation and making handgun possession a hanging offense.
>3rd
Breaking this would require remembering that logistics exists so it remains in force.
>4th
Who needs probable cause?
>5th
Kangaroo courts handing out death sentences.
>6th
See aforementioned kangaroo courts.
>7th
Kangaroo courts and no lawyers.
>8th
Pretty sure burning people alive is a "cruel and unusual punishment"
>9th
While not explicitly broken it does imply that people have rights, which does not seem to be the case in this story.
>10th
Requires a working federal government.

Looking forward to troops getting stationed in peoples homes without their consent.
>>
>>30491519
wow good point

Pretty sure universal suffrage is out, too, since women can't serve in the government.
>>
>>30477690
>hadji al-Malik al-Shabazz
i get the joke about Malcolm X, but he was still pretty based
>>
File: Theodore-Beale[1].jpg (26 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Theodore-Beale[1].jpg
26 KB, 300x400
>>30482296
>implying I'm not a supergenius
>implying you're not another midwit
>implying you aren't all SJW's attempting to DISQUALIFY
>>
Jesus, why do you torture yourself so?
>>
Coming home from a day innawoods. Will continue after a shower
>>
>>30492312
Vaya con Dios, you scamp.

>>30491912
Can minority citizens vote anymore?
>>
>>30481794
Truth, I worked at radioshack for a summer and everything was about moving phones. We had electric components and stuff be we were never taught about them, so employees were just liabilities for people interested in radios or electronics.
>>
>>30492357
>letting serfs vote
C'mon now.
>>
>>30492357
I'm sure his voting ideal is some retarded version of Athenian system.
>>
>>30483801
>literally switching to 1960s paper terminal technology in the 2030's
>terminals
forget the \r in \r\n and you're in for a world of hurt. Fuck your unix
For some reason this (and "the only way to make information secure it to not use computars") made me more upset than any of the other retardation so far.
>>
File: 1465915497389.png (229 KB, 357x415) Image search: [Google]
1465915497389.png
229 KB, 357x415
>>30483801
>A computer wizard in Providence came up with a terminal that gave the user hard copy as he typed, thus guaranteeing he would never again lose days of work because the system crashed. He called his device a “printwriter,” and it sold like, well, typewriters.

>I have never heard of backups or just frequently saving like a responsible person
>>
>>30481810
>sticking to WWII-era tanks

Is Lind a GuP fan? His book would improve enormously if it just turned into GuP fanfiction out of nowhere.
>>
>>30492598

His book would improve immensely if it took a hard swerve into anything but 2nd Riech fanfic
>>
>>30492598
I'd read the fuck out of that.
>>
>>30492598
>treating women with any significance whatsoever
No, this is Lind we're talking about.

>>30492576
It's about his Luddite fapfantasy, not logic.
>>
Hoping to god that trannies are next.

Gotta set up some claymores around the ladies' toilets. Go 4th gen on these non-gender-conforming freaks.
>>
File: image.png (109 KB, 607x525) Image search: [Google]
image.png
109 KB, 607x525
>>30477760
>“Allah is Great! Allah gon’ kill all da white devils!” the voice replied. “All da white devils gon’ burn in hell! Ha ha ha ha….”
>>
>>30477849
>They will shape and tune their message to white audiences as well, and they will penetrate them.
Aren't we seeing this in Europe with the lefties, though?
>>
>>30492576
>printwriter
I think means:
>i'll make those faggots regret making me use anything made by that degenerate faggot Turing
>>
>>30477902
>That was America’s reward for helping establish a Muslim state in Europe in the 1990s.
>I didn't realize Lind was asspained about this too
>Implying this isn't true in tsrms of influence from "No Go Zones" and in local politics
>>
>>30493051

That's just capitulation to terror, not adoption of ideals. In other words, wimps avoiding confrontation.
>>
>>30493076
He's plainly talking about NATO intervention in the Bosnian War
>>
>>30480529
>Jesus will guide the shells.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y1eAhcjFjY
>>
>Regrettably, my General Staff duties proved too demanding to allow a diversion into Geschäft.

Gratuitous German Quotes: 15

>Most new businesses weren’t fancy or “high tech.” Rather, they represented a step back into the early years of the Industrial Age. They were small shops, located near rivers and railroads, making things people needed: plows and hoes, carts and wagons, frying pans and treadle sewing machines and hand operated washers.

So, 21st century carbon fiber or 19th century steam and iron, which is it?

>First, it centered on making things. It turned out that passing around “information” among computers was just a video game for adults.

That's not much gratitude for the propaganda tool that has pulled your ass from the frying pan time and again

>It wasted vast amounts of time, produced nothing, and caused living standards to fall faster than a whore’s drawers.

I think that's you, Mr. Rumford

>Second, in the real new wave, enterprises were small. Bigness did not result in efficiency. On the contrary, anything big – government, business, an army, whatever –created a labyrinth in which incompetents could hide, breed, and “make careers.” Instead of a “world economy,” we found ourselves moving toward many small, local economies where maker, seller, and buyer all knew each other and understood what worked.

I mean, I like to support local, but economies of scale aren't a meme

>Third, the new wave marked the end of rampant consumerism. A dose of reality, in the form of hard times, taught people what was important: a few useful things, made by hand by real craftsmen, built to last for generations. Some people called it the “Shaker Economy,” and that wasn’t off the mark.

Then how are they inventing high-tech shit like carbon fiber dirigibles and chindogu like "printwriters"
>>
>>30493711
And what happened to becoming a sweatshop client state of China?
>>
>>30493711
> An invisible hand was at work – not that of Adam Smith’s market, but the infinitely more powerful hand of God. For the first time in generations, we were willing to be the sheep of His hand, and let His wonders unfold.

Inshallah

>The first crisis of the year came in April, right on April Fool’s day. I scented that something was in the wind, because for the previous three weeks, no one had been able to find Governor Bowen.

You're not going to believe this one, guys

>Around 10:30 in the morning on the first of April, my phone rang. On the other end was Major Jim Jackson, formerly a Marine reservist in Vermont and now the NC General Staff rep in Montpelier. “We got some funny goin’s on here,” he said, “and I thought you ought to know about ʻem. As we speak, I’m lookin’ out the window at men and women both, all headed toward the state capitol and all carrying weapons. They don’t look like our sort of folks, either. Most of the men have long hair, and the women seem to be the horse-faced sort. If its some kind of April Fool’s gag, they’re doin’ a good job of keepin’ a straight face.”

>“It isn’t,” Jim replied. “I’m now seein’ a few flags. They appear to be green.”

God damn hippies.

>“Deep Greeners,” Jim answered. “Vermont’s still got a good number of ʻem.

>Deep Greeners were the Khmer Rouge of environmentalism. They believed nature was a gentle, sweet, loving earth goddess who had been ravished by Man the Despoiler. The earth could again be a Garden of Eden, if only man could be removed. That this would leave no one capable of appreciating the garden did not occur to them. Deep Green was the most radically anti-human ideology humans had yet invented, in that it called for man to eliminate himself. There were, of course, exceptions: Deep Greeners were fit to live. But nobody else was.

That's right; the mystery enemy was environmentalists.
>>
File: shut-up-hippie-nixon.jpg (29 KB, 286x400) Image search: [Google]
shut-up-hippie-nixon.jpg
29 KB, 286x400
>>30493825
Forgot pic
>>
>>30493133
Oh, okay, I see
>>
>>30493825
This is literally worse than the big bad guys in Rainbow Six turning out to be fucking environmentalists. At least those guys tried to keep shit a secret.
>>
>>30493825
>“OK, Jim, go check it out, and try to stay out of trouble,” I ordered. “Alert the local militia, too. I’ll be over as soon as I can get there, with part of the Kampfstaffel.”

Gratuitous German Quotes: 16

>The Kampfstaffel was a new unit, established after demobilization, of two infantry companies. It answered directly to the Chief of the General Staff. Mostly, I used it as a Lehr unit, to experiment with new tactics, techniques and weapons and to train other units. In battle, they were a force I could use to intervene personally. In this case, they had some interesting gear I wanted to try out, stuff the Marine Corps had developed in the 1990s as part of “non-lethal warfare.”

I like to imagine them as a bunch of autistic airsofters like the Green Mountain Rangers that cheat and call themselves innovative

Anyone else have similar interpretations?

>I’ve got one of the handbills they’re passing round, and it’s what you’d expect: demanding an end to all industry, especially the NIPs, condemning logging and farming as ‘rape.’

Do you want to kill a strawman?
Come on and put him to the torch

>They even say we should burn down all our towns and cities and make everyone live like they do, in huts and holes in the hills.”

Isn't this basically what our protagonists are doing?

And the governor who disappeared is leading him

>We rolled in around eight that night. The militia had sealed off downtown Montpelier, with the Deep Greeners inside. They weren’t allowing any food in, but hadn’t turned off the water or gas yet. We weren’t quite ready for a confrontation, nor did the Deep Greeners seem to want one. They thought that if they ran up the Deep Green flag, Vermont would rally to them. It didn’t.

Can't they go down shooting. I swear Lind, just let something meaningfully bad happen to your protagonists. I promise you that this book will be better for it.
>>
File: John Meynard Keynes.jpg (18 KB, 177x222) Image search: [Google]
John Meynard Keynes.jpg
18 KB, 177x222
>>30493711
>First, it centered on making things. It turned out that passing around “information” among computers was just a video game for adults.

>implying the operation of markets doesn't ultimately depend on information
>implying you aren't passing around information with your paper LARP records
>implying that the cultivation and education of the mind, absolutely essential for anything beyond the stone age and probably needed even then, doesn't require information
>implying access to the greatest library humanity has ever constructed is a mere triviality
>implying meaningful human action doesn't start with the mind, which must utilize information
>>
File: captain-planet-01[1].jpg (99 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
captain-planet-01[1].jpg
99 KB, 630x420
>>30493825
Captain Planet confirmed for final boss of 4GW.

Seriously though, isn't conservatives getting worked up over environmentalism a 90's thing? Shit's retro as fuck, yo.
>>
>>30494194
>>30493711
>implying economies aren't a meme
>implying economics isn't a meme
>implying the Voice of God Himself won't tell everyone exactly what to make, and when

SOUNDS LIKE HERESY TO ME
>>
>>30493896
As I was saying earlier, R6 having econuts trying to destroy humanity with super-ebola is one of those quirks of its era. The Soviets fell, Islamic terror wasn't seen as that big a threat yet (at least not to 9/11 extents), so all the bad guys were western extremists of some kind.

If you're gonna take us on a 90's nostalgia trip, Lind, at least throw in some old Nicktoons or something.
>>
>>30494018
>Our Kampfstaffel company had brought along a gadget I thought might force the issue. It was a sonic weapon, developed by the French decades ago, that caused people to lose control of their muscle functions – including their sphincter. Basically, they flopped around like fish and pooped their pants. What could be more appropriate than making Deep Greeners soil themselves?

How are they getting this high tech shit? The Chinese?

>No one becomes a hero by crapping his drawers.

>So ended the Deep Green putsch.

That was fast. Still, I probably would have shit over it if it had been stretched out for a few chapters like the Muslim invasion.

>Cascadia had a strong Deep Green party, and the government there had been following events in Vermont with interest. They volunteered to take the expellees, and on the morning of April third we dumped them on two Air Nippon Airbus 600s and sent them on their way to Seattle. To help Cascadia appreciate what it was getting, we did not give them an opportunity to change their pants.

Bravo Lind. You're at the point of Seth Rogen potty humor

What follows is a really boring sequence of events that basically involve Governor Bowen being brought back to the Northern Confederation. We also learn that he was having an affair with a nurse who was a Deep Greener that converted him to the movement.

Lind takes 626 words to explain this and it's boring even for him.

>The wheels of justice ground coarse but swiftly in the Northern Confederation. Bowen went on trial before a jury of his peers – twelve white men – on April 7

I love how he takes the time to point out that the jury consists of 12 white men

>Bowen’s lawyer – we had not yet recodified the laws and eliminated lawyers – knew his client was as guilty as Judas, and hadn’t spent much effort suggesting otherwise.

Oh for fuck's sake.

>The defense then called a variety of clergymen – and, foolishly, some women,

Not cooties! inb4 /pol/
>>
>>30494018

Why can't they just shoot them?

>>30494321
>>No one becomes a hero by crapping his drawers.
>>So ended the Deep Green putsch.
>haha they do the poopoo and then go home LOL

How do I keep finding new ways to be disappointed
>>
File: 1467520809404.gif (956 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1467520809404.gif
956 KB, 320x180
>>30494321
>sonic weapon that makes people lose motor functions

I can't even. It seems Lind hates the human body as much as he hates logistics.
>>
>>30494321
This is getting to Naruto levels of tech level inconsistency.
>>
>>30492598
I actually feel kinda tempted to write a GuP parody of this book, with the girls getting involved in 4th gen warfare, but I don't know enough gratuitous German. Maybe if I hit up DuoLingo enough?
>>
>>30494321
>including one purporting to be the Episcopal “Bishop” of Maine

Is this one that gets burned in 2068? Or am I just assuming?

>– who testified that the death penalty was unchristian.

>The prosecution responded by offering the local Monsignor as a witness. He methodically cataloged passages from the writings or sermons of each defense witness where they had departed widely from Christian doctrine. With a twinkle in his venerable eye, he then recounted how the church itself, in its salad days, had not hesitated to turn the most hardened of sinners over to the secular arm for the ultimate sanction – while praying, most sincerely, for their souls.

Motherfucker, for someone who jacks off to Catholicism, he sure conveniently ignores JP2's very thoughtful argument about why capital punishment generally isn't appropriate

>Bowen’s attorney’s final trick was to call Mrs. Bowen to the stand. Perhaps he thought conjugal bonds would inspire her to plead for mercy, and a faithful wife’s tears would sway the court.

It's like he wants his client to lose.

>“My husband is guilty of a terrible crime. I thank God he failed in it. But he did it, and he must pay the price. I will miss him, and mourn him the rest of my life. But I cannot ask you to spare him. Do your duty, as I have done mine.”

Yup. That didn't work.

>It was the state’s duty to execute justice, but God could be merciful. At exactly 12:10, the hangman pulled the lever and Bowen dropped. It was a clean kill.

>It was also time for lunch.

Cold as fucking ice. End Chapter 28
>>
>>30494553
>conveniently ignores JP2

I have a sneaking suspicion that Lind is like the main character from A Confederacy of Dunces and has a major hard-on for the medieval papacy.
>>
>>30492576
Maybe he's venting about not saving and having to rewrite a vast swathe of this ""novel""
>>
>>30494588

One of my fond memories, being from NOLA (why I bitched about "N'Orleans" earlier), is reading Confederacy of Dunces in highschool. Have you also read Walker Percy?

Moviegoer is GOAT-tier
>>
Chapter 29: An Entire Damn Keg of Sam Adams

>The Roman republic had elected dictators in times of crisis. We didn’t need to go that far, but we did need a governor, and this time it had to be a good one.

Who wants to bet it will be Rumford?

>“Nolo episcopari,” he growled when the speaker of the state legislature asked him if he’d take the job – “I don’t want to be a bishop,” the ancient answer a priest is expected to give when he is selected for that honor. The difference was, Bill meant it.

They want to elect Fedora Man; thankfully, he doesn't want it

>When he got up from his half-eaten meal and marched out of Mel’s, I knew he was serious. I’d never seen Bill leave a table while it still had something edible on it.

I am increasingly convinced that Kraft is Billy "Six Eclairs in Five Minutes" Lind's self insert.

>My guess is he fears the ‘celebrity’ life of a political leader would overturn that. He’s probably right. It’s not for nothing that “Innsbruck, ich muss dich lassen” is a sad song.”

Gratuitous German Quotes: 17

I miscounted earlier

>“I seem to remember another popular military leader named Sherman who faced the same kind of political draft,” I said. “His answer was, ‘If nominated I will not run, and if elected I will not serve.’ I suspect we’d hear something similar from Bill Kraft.”

>“Isn’t there some way we can order him to do it?” Gibbons asked.

>“He only takes orders from the Kaiser,” joked one of the other politicos.

Oh god. They're really going to do it.

>Bingo!

Oh god, yes they are.

>“Through his ‘dear friend and cousin’ – that’s how the kings of Europe addressed each other, even when sending a declaration of war – the Tsar of Russia,” I said.

The fact that there is a Tsar does not cease to put a smile on my face. I imagine him being a fun guy.

"Dude, wouldn't it be hilarious if I send 100 T-34s to those nutty kids in Maine?"
>>
>>30494988
I think the Tsar was more like "Ivan! You see this? Some priest in Maine needs a hundred tanks! Let's give him all of the T-34s!" and then gratuitous amounts of vodka.
>>
>>30495030
>not sending vodka-powered T-34's
>>
File: awoovement.png (217 KB, 778x1028) Image search: [Google]
awoovement.png
217 KB, 778x1028
>>30494988
>“Give me ten days, then check back with me to see where things stand. I would guess that Prince Michael, the rightful King of Prussia and German Kaiser, would be willing to oblige my Tsar in such a matter, but I cannot be certain.”

Interestingly enough, Prince Michael was dead in 2014, when the book was published. Fuck, Gibson rewrote one of his books after 9/11 because real life BTFO'd some of the details of his book.

>As bad off as we were in the N.C., others had it worse, which meant they wanted to move in with us.

MAGA! BUILD THE WALL!

Man, I wonder how shitty the rest of the world is. However, I can't help but think that if they're reenacting Fury Road in Texas, it would be vastly more interesting than this shit in fucking Maine of all places.

>Filling the doorway was Herr Oberst Kraft, in full dress Prussian uniform including Pickelhaube and flushed, beet-red face. (The old saying in Berlin was that there were two kinds of Prussian officers, the wasp-waisted and the bull-necked; Bill tended toward the latter.) “Do you know the meaning of this?” he bellowed, waving some documents in my face.

>“Moi?” I replied. “Mais mon colonel . . .”

>“Cut the froggy-talk, you little worm,” he yelled. “How dare you cook up some forgery in the name of the King of Prussia! That’s lese majesté, you maggot, and the penalty for it is death! I ought to run you through with my saber just as you sit and let your pathetic soul dribble out all over your damned reports.”

>“May I see the papers you’re holding?” I asked, beginning to understand the cause of his wrath. He thought we were making light of his All-Highest.

> “But you can drop the charade. I’m sure you wrote them. Who did you get to forge His Majesty’s signature and mail them from Germany?”

Fedora Man flips his shit. Pretty funny.
>>
>>30495105
Come on, Fedora man! Run him through, end this charade!
>>
>>30495105
>“I am certain this letter is genuine,” I said to the enraged Kraft. “Further, I believe I have a witness. Will you accept the word of the Russian ambassador?”

>“Yes, I guess,” Bill replied, cooling down but still wary. “You know, when I first received the envelope with the Black Eagle of Prussia on it, my heart almost stopped, not from fear but from hope. Then I realized it had to be some trick. If it is . . .” His face started to redden again.

>“It isn’t,” I said, skirting dangerously close to the edge of the truth. “Let Father Dimitri explain.”

>“Captain Rumford tells me you know something about this,” he said in a slow, flat voice that told me he was pulling hard on his own reins. “Is it genuine?”

>Father Dimitri, who also spoke German, read it carefully. “Yes, it is genuine,” he replied. “I can confirm that in writing with St. Petersburg if you want me to, but there is no question about it. These are orders for you from your King.”

>“You may recall that on the day Governor Bowen was hanged, you were approached about the governorship, which you declined,” said Father Dimitri. “Your refusal concerned many of Maine’s leaders deeply. They felt that you alone could restore the people’s confidence in their leadership after Governor Bowen’s treason.”

>“Later that day, one of them came to see me and asked my assistance. He did something that you may dislike, but that you must also admit is not improper in emergencies. He asked my help in contacting your superior – your King.”

>Every language has one phrase that captures the essence of its speakers’ culture. For German, it is “Wer ist ihrer Vorstehener?” – Who is your superior?

Gratuitous German Quotes: 18

This section is too wacky to not mostly quote. I'm omitting small portions for the sake of relative brevity for those who aren't reading along
>>
>>30494988

No, no wait. I could handle Kraft being a weird Prussian cosplayer, but this raises two possibilities. Either post WWI royal relationships in Europe are a thing again, which means Prussia exists as an entity and has alliance to a hereditary line in 2030, or the military is willing to trick an insane person into being a governor because there's no one else.
>>
>>30495155
>“I communicated the situation here, and your central role in the creation of an independent Maine and the Northern Confederation, to my superior, His Imperial Majesty Tsar Alexander IV,” father Dimitri continued. “He expressly directed me, when he assigned me here as his ambassador, to take such actions as I believed necessary to uphold the independence of the Northern Confederation. In my dispatch, I told him I believed it necessary for you to be Maine’s next governor, if the Confederation were to endure.”

>“You may remember, Herr Oberst, that our Tsar was once a soldier himself, a general in the Russian Army. He understands Auftragstaktik, that wonderful Prussian contribution to the art of war. He therefore trusts his subordinates – or replaces them. Trusting me, he laid my case before his fellow sovereign – by rights – the King of Prussia.”

Gratuitous German Quotes: 19

>“Prince Michael read my description of the situation here in Maine. He is a Christian prince. Desiring to support the effort to rebuild Christian civilization in North America, he sent you his order to accept the governorship if the people offer it to you. It was his decision, no one else’s. The order is genuine, it is from him to you – he knows who you are and what you have accomplished – and it expresses his wish.”

From what I know about him, I don't think Prince Michael was that kind of guy when he was alive.

>Bill Kraft sat unmoving, unblinking, almost as if in a trance, his eyes fixed a million miles away, or more than a century back. East Prussia, Allenstein perhaps, a clear day in early fall with a hint of the steppes in the east wind, his regiment drawn up on parade, himself on horseback in front. The Kaiser, Wilhelm II, stops his horse, smiles, commends the appearance of his men. Explains his intent for the coming maneuvers, gut, alles klar. Oh, and you’ll soon be coming back to Berlin – plans division, West, in the Grossgeneralstab.
>>
>>30495179
I wasn't aware there was a Prince of Prussia still around.
>>
File: caucasus egg - faberge -noma.jpg (208 KB, 615x750) Image search: [Google]
caucasus egg - faberge -noma.jpg
208 KB, 615x750
>>30495179
Gratuitous German Quotes: 19 + 20

>Slowly, Bill came back to us. “Father Dimitri,” he began in a soft, almost inaudible voice, “I thank you for what you have done. It goes without saying that I will accept whatever orders my King gives me. But to me, what has happened here touches on much more than any order. I must know this letter is genuine. Forgive me, but I must ask if you are prepared to swear that what you have told me is true?”

And he does so on the Bible.

He goes on to accept it, and they decide to have a session of vodka and caviar and chill

>From his desk drawer he removed a small box, richly worked with gold, looking like a Faberge egg. “This came with today’s dispatches. Prince Michael sent it to my Sovereign, with a request that he send it on to you. The box is a small token of esteem from Tsar Alexander.”

Baller. I've seen Faberge eggs in art museums a few times and they really gorgeous. I know that art probably isn't /k/'s favorite thing, but they really are worth buying a ticket and perhaps traveling to see

>Slowly, Bill moved to take the box. He stared at it for a long time. Then, almost reluctantly, he opened it.

>Inside was the Pour le Merite – the Blue Max.

And this almost ends Chapter 29
>>
>>30495179

They are tricking an autistic idiot into being governor by invoking the memory of Kaiser Wilhelm II on the eve of WWI. How little self awareness can a human posses?
>>
>>30495202
>>30495240

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Michael_of_Prussia

No, this is an actual guy.

Lind isn't making this up. The personality, perhaps, but this was a real man.

However, this guy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_Friedrich,_Prince_of_Prussia

is the actual heir of the House of Hohenzallern, so I don't understand why they chose to ask the guy the abdicated.
>>
>>30495275

At least I'm learning something, I guess.
>>
>>30495179

This seems to come along with the implication that Wilhelm II was a good kaiser, and not an egotistical little prick who was too dumb to learn from Bismark when he had the chance.
>>
Chapter 30

>The election for governor was held on May 15, and Bill Kraft was elected with 83% of the vote.

Hasn't he used this 83% before

>He had opponents. In Maine, the law made it easy for candidates to get on the ballot.

Sure he did

>We didn’t want any rigged two-party system like in the old United States, because the two parties soon became one party with a common interest in keeping everyone else out. But most folks in Maine knew what Kraft had done for us, and they wanted to give him a chance to do more.

I don't see how this prevents it

>I was called before the governors to tell them where the implementation of the peace agreement with the Muslims stood. The World Islamic Council had agreed to return the black Christians kidnapped from Boston and sold into slavery in return for the Islamic POWs we held. But so far, nothing had happened.

Those god damn sand niggers can't be up to any good

>I’d been communicating directly with the Egyptian military authorities in Cairo, who were in charge of the exchange for the Islamic side. At first, I’d been troubled by an incessant gurgling sound on the phone; I figured it was some kind of recording or EW device. Then one of our intel guys with some experience in the Middle East explained that the Egyptian general was just smoking hashish in his water pipe as we talked. I understood why not much was happening.

Kek. And these guys were still a greater threat than the US military.

>Most of the governors liked that idea. But Bill Kraft was uneasy. “Gentlemen, I have to tell you this whole business troubles me. It’s gut instinct, and I can’t put my finger on it. But I feel in my bones that when we bring these black folks back to Boston, we’re bringing in trouble."

Fedora Man thinks that they have an ulterior motive.
>>
>>30495508
I'm pretty sure that most of the elections and referendums in this story have had 83% of the vote for them.
>>
>>30495508

Oh boy, the race ware begins! Also, where is this agricultural society housing and feeding this many POWs for an extended period of time? They were capture in uniform right, so Lind, by his own logic has to treat them better than those Delta boys.
>>
>>30484400
I must agree with you Mind Fuck Stalin. I have literally no idea in hell.

This is where I drew the line.

On the 23rd, an Aztec high priest cut the beating heart from Mr. Ambassador Zimmerman and offered it to the Hummingbird Wizard atop the Pyramid of the Sun at Teotihuacan.
>>
>>30495508
>“They won’t be in Boston very long,” New York’s governor responded. “Thanks to CORN, blacks are already moving out of the cities, back to the land, in substantial numbers

Just wanted to highlight this for anyone that forgot about the Council of Responsible Negroes.

>“Militarily, it wouldn’t be a problem,” I replied. “The blacks know we won’t tolerate disorder and we have the muscle to put it down.”

Just put down the uppity negroes

>The governor of Massachusetts broke in. “If I may speak bluntly to Governor Kraft, does he expect us to agree to break our agreement with the blacks just because he has a gut feeling?”

Since this guy is the voice of dissent, I'm somewhat inclined to believe him given the decisions we've seen earlier.

>“I cannot expect you to do that, and I don’t,” Kraft replied. “But as those of you who have been in war or studied war know, sometimes your instincts are your best guide.

And this nigger just LARPs his life like its the 1940s. What the hell does he know about war? Besides being a wehraboo like Billy Lind himself.

>In the old days, politicians would have rolled anyone, military or civilian, who offered an argument like Kraft’s. The game was just to “win” the immediate squabble so someone could look good by making someone else look bad. But the cold shower of reality we had all taken in the break-up of the U.S.A. had changed things.

I can't make heads or tails of what Lind means by this.

>The word “quarantine” seemed to do the trick. We didn’t know what these people might be bringing back with them. It would have been risky for the Muslims to impregnate our blacks with a genetically engineered disease because of the risk it would spread to their own people, but it wasn’t impossible.

Actually, not a bad plan. It's genius as far as Lind is concerned.
>>
>>30495643
I hope we see the Neo-Aztecs again. They'd be a cool antagonist
>>
>>30494018
>Downtown
>Montpelier
Could.have at least said Burlington or something
>>
>>30495679
>neo-Aztecs show up
>they're all enhanced via vampire stone masks
>rest of the book is Battle Tendency
>>
>>30495679
Krafts plan was simple: "The solution to the southern pagans slipping across the Texan border is simple. They need to build a wall. Something as effective and strong as the Siegfried Line itself."
>>
>>30495665
>In the absence of any word from Cairo, on June 1 we implemented our threat. We made sure Al Jazeera got pictures of their POWS shoveling pig manure.

Because this will grease the wheels to get the prisoners back

>For about six weeks, everything went smoothly.

As far as sending them to the literal, rather than metaphorical plantation is concerned.

>History told me immediately what we were facing. Black Death.

Woops. But what more, it's a genetically engineered Black Plague that is resistant to all currently existing antibiotics (which they still have because... reasons? I don't fucking know)

>Yet even as they died, those black Christians accomplished something. They did not rage or rail or issue demands. They prayed together, and died together, quietly helping bear one another’s burdens to the end with a Christian patience that inspired us all. In so doing, they worked powerfully to change whites’ late 20th century image of blacks from whiners who always demanded something for nothing or punks with guns to an older, truer picture: a good, faithful people who suffered without complaint and humbly served God and their neighbor.

This could be actually inspirational were it not for the thinly veiled racism we've seen everywhere else.
>>
>>30495665
Tbh, giving yourself a ridiculous name is an easy way to assuage fears. After all, what antagonist would want to be the head of CORN?

I'm just surprised it wasn't COTTON or WATERMELON
>>
>>30495826
>genetically-engineered plague

That seems a bit outlandish. Wouldn't it have been more expedient for them to put the christians in a hole and bury them alive?
>>
>>30495826
>Nor did their deaths go unavenged. In the Muslim countries where Boston’s blacks had been sold as slaves, the buy-back program had slowly gathered them in camps, in preparation for the POW exchange. There, they had been injected with the engineered plague. The Islamics thought this safe enough, since the disease took about six weeks to manifest symptoms and was not contagious until it did. That was plenty of time for them to be shipped off to the infidel.

>Only now it wasn’t because we had halted the exchange. So the plague broke out in the camps. There, too, the blacks died, but in the process they infected their guards. Islamic countries not being noted for their efficiency, their quarantines had holes in them, and the bacteria crawled through. Soon, plague was raging through the slums of Cairo, Istanbul, Tehran, and Islamabad. By the Fall of 2029, thousands were dead or dying and hundreds of thousands were infected.

I can actually see the Arab world fucking up like this.

>Genetic engineering had become all too easy in the 21st century. Some teenagers working in a basement in Stockholm cooked up one bug that gave a week-long case of diarrhea to anyone who ate either rutabaga or herring, thus wiping out Swedish cuisine

Classic 4chan

Anyway, the protagonists make a designer plague of their own, infect the Muslim POWs with it, and repatriate them.

>The Islamics took us for fools, welcomed their heroes with open arms, and ended up with a mix of plagues it took them three years to sort out, at the price of millions of dead. It was a small lesson in not playing games that advanced, disciplined societies could play better.

Genocide is fun and easy.
>>
>>30495908
>It was funny, at least for those with a sense of irony, the way Americans in the early 21st century had howled about the stupid mistakes of earlier generations in pursuing “better living through chemistry” and similar scientific great leaps forward. As they scorned their forefathers, they made the same blunder on a vaster scale. Genetic engineering rolled Frankenstein’s monster, “The Fly,” and the Black Death all into one, yet they hailed it. Computers reduced their operators to mindless androids while hooking them on the drug of virtual reality, yet they were the miracle machine no one could do without.

I'll let /k/ go to bat on this one.

>We in the Northern Confederation were lucky, once again. We figured out early what everyone who survived learned eventually. Just because a technology exists doesn’t mean you have to use it. Those who depart from the ways of their ancestors do so at their own peril.

I don't get it. They just turned the same genetic engineering back on their enemies, and the lesson that Rumford wants us to take is: "don't play God, guyz."

I'm genuinely perplexed
>>
>>30495908
Even for science fiction, this is really stupid.
>>
File: image.jpg (261 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
261 KB, 1440x900
>>30495908
>protags make their own plague
I'd ask with what fucking infrastructure, but apparently science runs on willpower and dreams in the universe.
>>
>>30495772
Motherfucker, are we writing fanfiction now?

If I had to write Victoria fanfiction or something similar, it would go something like this:

>things are reduced to a 1950s tech level with some modern concepts and knowhow
>Texas becomes Empire of Texas, encompassing TX, LA, AZ, NM.
>war with Mexico with indigenous post-apocalyptic equipment
>try to connect character arcs of a handful of characters like Independence Day
>wargame the scenario out like Tom Clancy did for Dance of the Vampires
>>
>>30495175
>>30495175
>in 2030

Aren't they in 2070 by now?
>>
>>30495962

2029 or 2030
>>
>>30495757

>Your next line is.. The old ways are the best ways.
>>
>>30495983
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
>>
I've been up since 5AM and would like to get some sleep. Have a happy 4th of July.

I'll work on the permanent archive solution. I'm thinking of Tumblr, but I'd like to preserve the full threads - your commentary is half the fun
>>
>>30495990

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffQmb-cNFuk

>>30496049

Do you OP, I'm just enjoying raging on this racist idiot.
>>
>>30496141
4chan archive lasts for only a week, and I started last tuesday. Unless there is a /k/ archive that I don't know about after the main one went down
>>
>>30495835
>Colored Honest Individuals Cultural Klatsch Eliminating Niggerism
+Sam Adams for German!
>>
>>30481790
Every single quote in this post is just ridiculous
>>
>>30495957
>2100 AD
>the fascist Northern Confederation finally defeated
>America reunited after 60+ years of war
>propaganda found during occupation of New England
>most distributed document, "Victoria"
>written as a journal of the rogue nation's birth
>just a twisted history book
>Chancellor Rumford portrayed as hero
>Chicom & Russian "advisor" atrocities absent
>minority nat'l guard troops called "Orcs"
>pillaging of upstate NY by "einsatzgruppen" blamed on US troops
>Battle of Boston Harbor completely wrong
>Rumford never enlisted, blamed "SJWs" for rejection
>records show rejection due to psychological, hygiene and drug issues
>>
>>30495957
Fuck, I think /k/ getting together to write a Victoria fanfic would be glorious. Hell, we should probably get /tg/ involved, they could help us wargame and they're great at this sort of thing. [spoiler]/lit/ can also join in, they're how I discovered these threads.[/spoiler]
>>
>>30477496
This whole book is like Tom Clancy, The Turner Diaries, Game of Thrones and Ghost Fleet all thrown in a mescaline/ psilocybin blender and vomited on to the readers eyes.

My only wish is that we could see what has happened in California, Utah and Nevada.
>>
>>30495908
>Using PoWs as a vector for biological warfare.
>Against nuclear armed states.
This seems like a bad idea.

>advanced, disciplined societies could play better
Apparently "advanced" societies use steam locomotives and lack computers.
>>
>>30477496
Nice trigger discipline.

This seems to make The Turner Diaries look like Shakespeare.
>>
>>30496594

Our fanfiction would be Maine getting its shit stomped in every engagement. I'm not against it.
>>
>>30496594
Double down on his retroculture ideas and have infantry square of civil-war era tactics and tech carry the day against Maine.
>Our cannon made short work of the lightly armored technicals, the superior stability offered by good old fashioned wood wheels allowing our guns to hit their targets.
>Faced with a long line of gleaming bayonet points the ragtag group of traitors broke and ran, the few who remained cut down in hail of large-caliber musket fire.
>Foolishly Maine depending on radar to protect its coast. Our wooden ships-of-the-line, all but invisible to the limited electronic eyes, approached undetected.
>>
File: Civ 3.png (1 MB, 1024x960) Image search: [Google]
Civ 3.png
1 MB, 1024x960
>>30496770
>the logical conclusion is America turns into a giant Roman reenactment
>>
>>30496770

>Our P40s, flying too low and slow to trip the enemy radar devastated their F-22s with the power of six fifties
>The enemy may have reactive armor on their tanks, but that mattered little to a pike man with ten pounds of C4 on his pole arm willing to take initiative and charge his rear side
>>
>>30495922
"It's okay when white people I agree with do it," basically.
>>
>>30496770
I have an honest and genuine belief that this passage would make Lind sputter with indignant rage about how such nonsense was completely preposterous. He would, of course, be unaware of the hypocrisy.
>>
>>30494553

JP2 convened Vatican 2 and stopped Latin masses.

so he's a heretic and needs to be burned at the stake.
>>
>>30496852

why stop there? let's go fully neolitihc - atlals and knapped flint for everybody.
>>
>>30495922

> Bad guy engineers plague - plan backfires
> Good guys engineer plague using willpower alone - somehow works.

Like somewhere between a terrible RP and a dA fanfiction.
>>
>>30496594
Let's actually pay attention to geography and logistics. Maybe /lit/ can help make those parts interesting
>>
>>30498127
You act like this is hard. All you have to do is pay lip service to those things existing and you're miles head of this dude.

If you want to throw around numbers, you write a short sequence of a supply clerk or truck loader or some shit and how they have only perfunctory understanding of the vast amounts of supplies that other faceless cogs like them are moving to keep the army grinding forward.
>>
>>30496858

>our drummers and pipes could not be jammed, unlike the enemy's radio communications
>the lance cavalry easily outmaneuvered their road-bound wheeled vehicles and routed the enemy skirmishers by shock - real shock, not "tank" shock as the modern US Army relies on
>the enemy's air power was the greatest threat - until our hot air balloons cratered their runways in a daring dawn raid. Unlike modern boondoggle fixed wing aviation, the hot air balloon does not require runways and can be stored anywhere. We were now masters of the sky.
>>
>Unlike their ballistic missiles which could be seen from space when launched, our Trebuchets were impossible to see.
>Rocks lacked the reliability issues of complex warheads and were accurate enough, after all, we could reload with the earth around us, while they had to contend with using tools.

Am I doing it right?
>>
>>30498653
Have you ever read The High Crusade, Oppenheimer? Because it does have a scene where the spacebound English knights build a trebuchet and use it to throw alien tactical nukes.
>>
>>30498653
>>30498560

Close but remember friends to chanbel the genius that is Lind you have to suck German cock specifically. It's not just outdated, and nonsensical tactics. It's outdated and nonsensical GERMAN tactics.
>>
My thoughts on wargaming it out would be to find some old Hex and Chit game to plan operational moves. And then use Steel Pathers to resolve regimental level - if we can get eight guys to do a PBEM game, it could work out.

One person works as regimental commander and manages support assets and assigns orders to his battalion commanders.
>>
>>30498846
I have a copy of Point Of Attack. That might work.
>>
>>30498964
>>30498964

This could be a really fun wargaming campaign
>>
WHAT IS THIS THREAD I AM SO CONFUSED
>>
>>30499002
/k/ - Literature
>>
>>30496626
Utah was probably take a couple cities away from Nevada and Idaho and possibly Wyoming and Arizona. California would experience civil war as the Jefferson people begin an offensive, with materiel given by Cascadia. Jeffeson would probably try and take Reno and Carson City to expand it's boundaries.

This is where it would get interesting as Utah, Cascadia + Jefferson, and Canada get into a three-way pissing match over claimed territory in Idaho and possibly Montana.
>>
>>30498846
>>30498964

Can.. can I play? I have plenty of old Avalon Hill hex-and-chit games.. wargaming is fun..

Can we do it on a Saturday?
>>
>>30498704

>the North Confederation confidently deployed their technicals for 4th-generation battle, but little did Herr Hauptmann Rumsford suspect that I had given our landsknechts a mission-type order
>the panicking militia tried to open fire, but their ARs jammed. Our zweihanders did not.
>>
>>30499452

>the Maine freikorps could not withstand the charge of our knights, and soon routed like the peasants they were before the flower of Bavarian chivalry
>"You see," Herr Kruft said, tipping the visor of his Gothic plate armor, "as Kaiser Otto and Luther von Braunschweig understood hundreds of years ago, common soldiery can never match mounted noblemen in true Harnischfechten. Now let us deliver the mordstreich to this rabble. Vorwarts!"
>>
>>30482143
Reading those comments and the books Amazon reviews is bleach-drinkingly depressing.

'Its habbening right now' 'Military genius' 'New prophet'
>>
>>30499386
Tac Air and MBT are my favorite.
>>
>>30499452
>>30499705

>Their ARs jammed. Our zweihanders did not

My sides
>>
>>30499891

Rise and Decline of the Third Reich us probably my favorite. There's a lot of fun to be had, and my buddies and I ran that thing into the ground trying every possible scenario out.
>>
>>30486437
And he never fucking fired a weapon in anger.
>>
>>30499705

>William Kraft was unusually large for a peasant, so the drawing and quartering took longer than usual. Grand Duke Wilhelm von Kruft waited patiently until his erstwhile rival's screams subsided.
>All the assembled Hochadeler cheered, and the commoners present looked duly chastened. At long last, Rumsford's peasant rebellion was over. Northern Marches had been pacified and the Grand Duchy of Maine was united.
>When it was done, the Grand Duke dismounted and plucked a bloodied medal from the gore-drenched blue rags of Kraft's Prussian uniform. He smirked.
>"The Hohenzollern pretenders issued these to give commoners a sense of nobility. In the end it only promoted the false idea of advancement through 'merit', which started Western civilization down the path of ruin. Now, Gott im himmel, we have set things right. Retrokultur has triumphed."
>I nodded. I bet Mr. Kraft and Mr. Rumsford now wished they had staffed their military with well-bred hochadler and allowed the chivalry to take their rightful place in the line of battle, instead of foolishly ignoring military common sense in favor of peasant equality.
>Our victory was thanks to one great retrocultural strategic insight which Rumsford died never knowing: that 4th-Generation warfare is really indistinguishable from a 14th-century peasant rebellion. The loyal knights of the house of Hohenstaufen, then as now, were very good at putting down peasant rebellions.
>>
File: 1431960375574.png (1 MB, 1770x1418) Image search: [Google]
1431960375574.png
1 MB, 1770x1418
>>30499863
>>
File: cant wake up victoria.png (41 KB, 816x587) Image search: [Google]
cant wake up victoria.png
41 KB, 816x587
>>30500401
>>
>>30500425

books already come subtitled.

that seems to be a even-handed, if utterly unhelpful, review.
>>
>>30499705

>"No, Herr Kruft, their fleet is right where I want them" I chuckled
>The Venetian Navy made a fine sight sailing down the East river, but their mission, which unfortunately for them was just a mission, not a mission order, would fail
>"You see, Herr Kruft, thinking 4th generationly allows us to look to the past for answers that the old US Army never think of"
>At my signal windows on both sides of the river opened, revealing a large pump
>Freed from the meddling of the EPA, a young budding chemist in Vermont had rediscovered Greek fire.
>With Yankee industry and percice German engineering, we had installed the flammenwerfers across the city
>The enemy ships, while state of the art vessels, were the product of a distressingly 3rd gen mind
>Why have a look out in the age of radar, when sailors sit in front of computers in dark rooms, instead of high atop the masts with superior Prussian glass as God intended
>Maybe if they had no so foolishly thrown away the tactical innovations of Herr Francis Drake, their lookouts and marine-jaegers would have made easy work of the flammenwerfer with well place musketry
>And if they had remembered that wind is the only power that doesn't run out when supply lines are cut, our chains would not have blocked their props
>Cut off and blocked, the fleet burned to death in their fancy death traps, with out a chance to surrender, a 2nd generation concept
>We then shot the survivors and tossed anyone in New York who could pronounce bolongense into a pit of coals
>Such is good and just for enemies without and within, or as the germans say..

Throw something in there, I'm not googling any more German for this joke
>>
>>30500490
Feuerversicherungsgeschellschaft
>>
>>30500490

bukakke
>>
Would Lind approve of attaching Davy Crocket Nuclear Bazookas to Cessnas?
>>
>>30500565
There are transistors in a Davy Crockett, so he would probably hate it unless they could be replaced with a mechanical computer or someting.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.