[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of building my first AR, what's the best affordable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: lower.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lower.jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
Thinking of building my first AR, what's the best affordable lower for a first build?
Also how often is headspacing wrong with builds?Is it worth the $80 in go/no-go gauges?
>>
>>30477165
Anderson lower
>>
>>30477254

Anderson is cheap shit, it may work but it's cheap shit. I recommend spending $20-$30 more and getting something nice like a MEGA.

>Also how often is headspacing wrong with builds?Is it worth the $80 in go/no-go gauges?

if you buy quality barrel and bolt carrier group there will be no problems and will not need gauges.
>>
>>30477653
>it's milspec but not my preferred brand of milspec
>>
>>30477967
>Anderson lower
>milspec
lol
>>
>>30477975
>Muh roll mark

You faggots act like anything but colt brand colts will hold their value as anything but "an AR I guess"
>>
File: 20160628_180916.jpg (3 MB, 4032x2268) Image search: [Google]
20160628_180916.jpg
3 MB, 4032x2268
>>30477975
Theyre mil spec but their qc sucks

>>30478039
No andersons do suck... i have one with hexagonal holes and this one i had to open up the holes to accept the safety selector
>>
>>30478145
I've bought 3 Anderson's within the last 4 months and they've all been good to go. Finish could be nicer compared to my more expensive lowers, but it's really not all that noticeable. How old is/was yours?
>>
>>30478850
The one with octagonal holes was purchased during sandy vagina. The one pictured like 3 wks ago
>>
>>30477165
Anderson is usually fine but as you can see some people strongly disagree.
If you'd rather not have to worry about the possibility of some minor defect, go with Aero Precision. Anything more expensive than that will provide no additional benefit or quality other than a nicer looking rollmark, unless you're looking at billet lowers which you shouldn't be for a first built.
>>
>>30478999
Rofl why not buy a billet? I built my first ar on a bro fallout 15 lower
>>
>>30477165
>>30478999
Forget the second question:

Headspacing is almost never an issue, especially if you're buying from companies with a shred of QC, but if you're building the upper yourself then the extra security is worth it - the very small chance of a problem with the headspacing is balanced by the potential severity of such a problem.

Also it's not like headspace gauges lose their value over time, so re-selling shouldn't be much of an issue if you decide you're done building ARs.
>>
Just bought an Anderson 80% and a magpul lower build kit (ctr stock) at a discount from PSA for my first build

Did I do good?
>>
>>30479065
Shouldve bought a psa stripped lower but sure, you done alright
>>
>>30479080
Wanted a ghost gun because if I'm getting Muricas gun might as well go full freedom.
>>
>>30479092
>fudds thinking thinking that you register your gun when you complete background check
>>
>>30479130
>The dealer also records all information from the Form 4473 into a required "bound-book" called an "Acquisition and Disposition Log.[3] A dealer must keep this on file at least 20 years, and is required to surrender the log to the ATF upon retirement from the firearms business.

Muh. Freedoms.
>>
>>30479130
>all of your private information is sent through NICS to do a background check
>w-we totally don't keep that info in a government database though
>after all, when has the US government ever spied on its own people??
>>
>>30478145
My Surplus Ammo & Arms lower doesn't have the radius on the front of the mag-well opening machined properly, and near the palm-web of the grip area looks like shit, casting mark.

Both might matter, I suppose.
>>
>>30478867
Oh yeah that makes sense then. Everyone was trying to pump cheap shit out and charge a premium because the pickings were good. The only issue I had heard from them was the grip screw hole wasn't deep enough, but that was fixed with the latest iterations (which mine are).
>>
>>30478039
Colts and Anderson lowers com from the same forgery. You pay more for one pony than the other for nothing but the name.
>>
File: HoldMe.jpg (154 KB, 592x592) Image search: [Google]
HoldMe.jpg
154 KB, 592x592
>>30479130
Purchasing from an FFL automatically registers its in CA. Then again there are a lot of shitty things in CA... will someone hold me?
>>
>>30481214
And people will pay for that name. Dumb people and fudds mainly, but they'll pay.

But special snowflake lower no 9001 that also comes from the same aluminum foundry but has a moldy labia roll mark is just an AR lower. Which costs sub $60 + the edge master tax of however much past $60 you paid.
>>
>>30481257
as in its in a california database or you live in cali?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.