[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
7/11 = Noguns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 10
I'm considering a night shift job at 7-Eleven. Company policy is noguns. How fucked am I in the case of a robbery, /k/?
>>
>weapons breed violence
>robbers gun is one too many

Holy fuck, just kys op
>>
>>30477093

Not very. I worked at a gas station and carried even though it was against policy. We got robbed one night and I let the guy have the money in the register and he ran out. IMO it wasn't worth risking anyone safety for the companies money.

You have to use judgement if you find yourself in that situation and decide if you think a person is going to commit violence against you or someone.
>>
>Obey robber's orders

Like these people?

http://abc7chicago.com/news/man-27-indicted-in-murder-of-hammond-7-eleven-clerk/1239556/

>bu-but it's a rare incident

Like you said, one too many. Risking your employee's safety for political correctness is wrong.
>>
>>30477093
get a seecamp and carry anyway
>>
>>30477093
>Weapons breed violence
>the robber's weapon is already one too many
Holy cucks, Batman, the store is owned by Feinstein herself.
>>
>>30477145

it has nothing to do with political correctness and everything to do with not wanting a gun fight in a store where bystanders could get hit. Stores can pay higher insurance fees if incidents like that happen and companies don't like spending money without a reason.

Carry anyway. Use your best judgement in a situation.
>>
>>30477093
Carry anyway. Accept being fired. Enjoy the bad publicity. Get new job. ??? Profit.
>>
File: 1409087851127.png (175 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
1409087851127.png
175 KB, 500x288
>>30477093
>robbers weapon is one too many

holy fuck OP. OK, this is what you do.

>get job
>meet co workers. find the one who you know will follow those rules to the T
>switch shifts with said worker so he works the 5am shift
>Rob the place at 5am
>>
>>30477093
Just carry a gun
Your life of more worth than a mere piece of paper with "rules" written on it
>>
Just carry discreetly if you're worried about it OP. You'd better be alert if you want to be able to spot the difference between an attempted robbery and and attempted murder, and it's never going to be easy in the moment.
>>
>>30477093
> Legally accepted list of things which limit liability to the company.

OP Carry anyway.

>the robber's weapon is already one too many

So what about the police's weapons, weapons breed violence! Holy cuckshed.
>>
>>30477093
Its a wage slave job, carry anyway.
Rather be alive and fired than bleeding out from Jamal's shank
>>
File: kebab removes.png (661 KB, 800x429) Image search: [Google]
kebab removes.png
661 KB, 800x429
>>30477093
go work at one run by kebab, they don't give a fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAG6vL07qKo
>>
>>30477093
Carry anyway, but remember, it's only the companies shitty register money, is it worth it?. Ask yourself that before you pull your gun and escalate things.
>>
careful or you may get fired from your minimum wage shit job for protecting your life
>>
I've worked night shift at a CVS as a supervisor before. I didn't own a handgun to carry back then, and I wouldn't have legally be able to carry anyway.

One of the worst jobs, becuase I had to deal with lowlife scums every fucking night. The upside is that I got over and double overtime all the damn time with that slightly above minimum wage job just stocking shelves and dealing with degenerates.

Place use to have security, but then CVS jewwed out and removed them and the cleaners who would clean the bathrooms.
>>
File: come on now.jpg (78 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
come on now.jpg
78 KB, 338x305
>>30477093

>Caring about being fired from a minimum wage job
>>
>>30477093
Well, I assume you make a salary, yes? I've never worked at a gas station, so I wouldn't know, but I'm assuming that you can't get fired for following company policy. None of the money is yours, so you don't have to give a shit.
>>
>>30477093
You dont need a gun you need awareness. See them first you are in the dominant position. Criminals are cowards and go for easy targets. Its not robbers that will be the problems it will be customers and you will never be justified. But tempted.
You want a fist sized flashlight, a heavy utility box cutter and a can of industrial spray cleaner near the register.
My station has a stick with a flat blade for scraping gum off the concrete as well as reaching across a counter in a pinch.
We use a small billy club as a keychain for shop keys. Labelled it "drunk knocker".
>>
>>30477093
That last rule is odd. Maybe for insurance reporting?
>>
>>30477093
Carry a gun anyway. Never use it unless the criminal is about to actually shoot someone or something. Just hand over the money and be done with it.
>>
>>30478352
If you tell police the exact number and they find the suspect, it's better evidence for conviction.
>robber stole $152.32 from the register
>dindu found later that night with exactly $152.32 in a bag
>>
>>30477093
Carry one anyway. You're safety is worth more than your minimum wage gas station job.
>>
>>30477093
So fuck the company policy, what's more important, their feelings and risk of being fired from a shitty place, or your safety?
>>
Someone should replace "Robber", etc with "Rapist" and post this on the Brady Bunch facebook.
>>
>>30477093
its been determined to be illegal for an employer to fire you by infringing on your rights, the case was actually exactly that, a employee with a legal weapon. however, its likely they will make up some bullshit sidestep to lay you off if they find you CCing like you came to work late once, or they don't need 3 people staffing the store.
>>
>>30477093
>"...move in any way, tell the robber what to expert."

A sign by retards, for retards. Geneous.
>>
>>30478852
I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. Thank you.
>>
>>30478062
>trying to MacGyver your way out of a robbery
>>
>>30477093
>I'm old enough for a CCW
>I'm trying to get a night job at 711
>I'm worried about getting fired by 711

Learn a trade you fucking manchild. You're aspiring for a job designed for high schoolers, retirees, and sub85 IQ minorities.
>>
>carry gun anyway
>dindu mcmuffins robs store
>OP shoots dindu dead
>dindu's family presses charges and sues OP
>7/11 presses charges and sues OP
>OP has less money than he did while starting working at 7/11
>>
>>30478852
do iiiiiit
>>
>>30478948
Not OP, but i live in based indiana, so CC age is 18
>>
>>30477093
The old hardass Korean guy who runs/ran my local 7/11 carried
>>
>>30478937
Once again it aint robbers that will give you grief
>>
I work nights at a BK and I carry. I've never seen an official list of workplace policies so I have some plausible deniability. It's not illegal for me to carry so the worst that happens is I lose my job.
>>
>>30478987
>18
>Not learning a trade

Not an excuse. Most trade programs are 1 year long or less, getting certified as a welder or mechanic is better than dropping out of your freshman year at college because "it's not my passion" and dealing with $20K in debt.
>>
>>30479071
>be me, 19
>second year at purdue uni
>aerospace engineering
>free ride because indiana is master state
But no, totally gonna drop all that to weld shit
>>
>>30478948
>implying he isn't in school for a trade and doing this for extra money for funs.
>>
>>30477093
Take the job, and carry concealed. You're not carrying to protect your masters cash, you're carrying to protect you life. REMEMBER THIS.
>>
>>30479136
This. Don't draw unless you think he'll shoot you
>>
>>30479117
>Aerospace engineering
>Hurr Muh second year

Top fucking kek proud of taking prereqs for meme degree, enjoy losing your job to pooloos willing to work for $15 an hour child.
>>
>>30479433
>thinking AAE is equivalent to IT
Im sorry that you'll never accomplish anything meaningful in your life.
>>
>>30480195
you haven't accomplished anything meaningful either, and unless you're a nigger or woman good luck getting a job.
>>
>>30478968
They wont sue you, they will fire you though.
>>
File: 1467337462877.jpg (153 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1467337462877.jpg
153 KB, 1366x768
>>30477093
>In case of robbery: be a cuck
>>
>>30480239
>Niggers
>Job
>>
>>30480320
niggers in engineering have the easiest time getting a job since the vast majority of them are too stupid to complete even the basic first year math and physics courses. those that do manage to cheat/ride the curve through those courses are highly sought after as quota hires.
>>
Carry anyway and refuse to apologize for protecting their property.
>>
It costs the company less money to have the robber take 100-500 dollers than it does to have a dead robber on their floor for two hours, and bullet hole cleanup. Thats best case scenario too.

Its not your money, why get in a shoot out over it?
>>
>>30477093
just CC anyway, if you cant do so effectively enough to keep it from co workers then fuck working there. if you defend yourself, you might get fired but hey, youre alive and looked like a boss on camera
>>
>>30480318
99.999% of the time that robber wants a few hundred bucks and then he'll leave.

So what you're saying is that you think your life is potentially worth less than your boss losing a few Benjamins

Good to know
>>
>>30477093
>http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=372_1308242173&comments=1

Pretty much at the whim of this. Don't watch if you're not a fan of the 'death snore'.
>>
>>30477093
The worst that will happen is that you will lose your shitty gas station job working the night shift.

Now you just have to ask yourself: 'Do I value my shitty gas station job working the night shift, more than my own life?'
>>
>>30480683
>99.999%
No. Retailers are murdered frequently.
>>
like everyone else said. Carry anyway. Don't use it if you don't have to, do use it if your life is at risk
>>
>>30477093

> legally CC to your job at the Stop-N-Rob
> get robbed
> defend yourself
> get fired from minimum wage shitfest of drunks, niggers and illiterate beaners

And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>30477093

>have gun
>use it
>lose job

or

>have no gun
>get killed
>lose job

You choose OP.
>>
>>30480903
>>30480776
This
As long as you're not ccing a full sized beretta or a 1911, it'll be fine
>>
>>30480714
Well, I know I'm gonna have nightmares now.
>>
File: IMG_2288.jpg (27 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2288.jpg
27 KB, 250x250
>>30477198
>kebab
Pajeet or Currynig. Please get your slurs correct white man, not kebab. Hate those Muslim fucks.
>>
>>30477093
Their policy is completely fine. Though seemingly for the wrong reasons.

There's basically no reason whatsoever for a store clerk to escalate a confrontation, the stores assets aren't worth using force to protect and armed robberies of stores rarely actually result in violence. The policy of just complying with the robber is the one least likely to result in loss of life and difficult legal situations for everyone.

Their "hurr weapons result in violence" note at the end is kind of dumb though since the potential for armed resistance is well established as an effective deterrent to crime and it's better to have weapons available incase a situation does begin to turn violent even if they're only to be used as a last resort.

Tl;dr just give them the money but also 7/11 is fags
>>
>>30477093
Just don't work at one in a nigger filled neighborhood.

You will be fucked if they try and take the ATM though. Expect to die.
>>
>>30477093
If its legal for you to carry I would do so.

Whether using your weapon is the right call will depend on the situation. But remember plenty of clerks get killed or wounded because robbers are always assholes.
>>
>>30477093

Carry a gun....if you got to sraw, you will get fired. Shit, you can easily replace.a minimum wage job.
>>
>>30480683
>>30480848
Citations, or you're both wrong
>>
>>30481458
Two seconds on the FBI crime statistics website.

Retailers are one of the most hazardous occupations. Cops don't hold a candle to them. Police are near the bottom of the list.
>>
>>30477093
Carry a gun anyway, if there is an armed robbery use it, if the robbery is unarmed or a gun is never drawn, just give them the fucking money. USE YOUR BRAIN, this is COMMON SENSE
>>
>>30481458
>>30481479
>>30480848
>>30480683
http://www.bls.gov/iif/oshwc/cfar0020.pdf
>>
>>30477093
>my shitty 7-11 job is more important than my life
>>
>>30477140

Bingo right here.
Violate policy all you want, but when it comes down to it, don't be a hero for the company's money when your company is ok with letting go of that money in the first place.

Money is the motivator in a robbery. When the money is easy, there's no incentive for violence. And since it's not your money... well that should make personal protection choices on your side pretty easy.

Tl;dr. Why sling lead when you can just give away someone else's money.
>>
>>30477167
So they don't want a PR as well as insurance costs. I guess that makes sense.

Yeah, carry user discretion.
>>
>>30481604
at*
>>
>>30478948
It's just a cashier job dude, not "designed" for anyone. People make decent careers doing the same thing at grocery stores. 7/11 just knows they have shitty customers who don't care about getting shit service.
>>
> dying or even getting injured for money and property that ISN'T EVEN YOURS

Shiggy diggy
>>
>>30477145

Spotted the retard.

Telling someone who makes 11bucks an hour they have carte blanche to put up a fight is seriously stupid. Even the company knows money is just money, and lives don't need to be put at risk.

A lot of convenience stores get robbed. So many, in fact, that they are able to make sound statistical analysis and develop proper risk mitigation strategies based on probabilities and empirical evidence.

>B-but corporate interest, they don't care about your safety

Dead retail clerks are bad for business and have a higher cost associated to it than the theft of 250$ in the register.

>B-but here's an example of a rare incident.

Arguing the exception rather than the rule--a fools argument. I carry but I still know that violence isn't always the best strategy to diffuse violence. If I were operating a convenience store, I'd hand em all the cash, and offer a free refill of their Big Gulp with a goddamn smile. Not my money, it would be easier than having to play quickdraw with a person already intent on violence.
>>
>>30481687
>customers who don't care about getting shit service

I expect top shelf service when I enter a 7-11.
>>
File: redguard.jpg.gif (29 KB, 220x314) Image search: [Google]
redguard.jpg.gif
29 KB, 220x314
>>30477093

Just give them the fucking money. Open the register, put your hands on your head and stand in a corner.

Most robbers don't want to murder anyone for $50. You could get robbed by a psycho clown who wants to wear your skin; but chances are its going to be a melanin enriched gentleman who just wants the money and doesn't want to have to worry about dodging a murder rap.
>>
>>30477093
>weapons breed violence
>the robber weapon is already one too many

im triggered
>>
>>30481729
If your idea of top shelf is Monarch and Black Velvet then sure.
>>
File: 1547687687.png (77 KB, 176x171) Image search: [Google]
1547687687.png
77 KB, 176x171
>>30480683
>letting someone you don't know decide whether you live or die for no reason with no resistance
>>
>>30481707
/thread
>>
>>30481707
It's like you don't have the blood lust.

It will come /k/omrade.

I work in a gas station and CC errday. As soon as it is my life being threatened I'll take the first opportunity to shoot. I don't give half a fuck about the company's PR or money.

>Hurr they almost never hurt the clerk.

Almost never is not never. They are scum sucking paracites that will continue to commit crime until they are dealt with. Im not giving scum the benefit of a doubt. Why do they deserve it?

One less dindu, notch on my belt and I get to go home to my family.

Even if I loose, which I won't to an unpracticed dindu but still. If i do it's my life being risked. Not yours. Don't tell me how to live my life fucking liberals.
>>
File: 1454119905428.png (53 KB, 366x263) Image search: [Google]
1454119905428.png
53 KB, 366x263
>>30477093
>we're a convenience store
>that means we're an easy target for drug-addicted retards and drunks who want 40s and smokes to go when they start to rob the place
>let's make it so our clerks can't defend themselves if the bandit has a weapon on him\
>it's not like they'll attack the clerks, right?
Carry anyway, faggot
>>
>one gun is too many guns.

Guess who's open carrying an AR15 into 711 tomorrow.
>>
it's not worth it to die over a fucking minimum wage job
>>
File: Capture.jpg (123 KB, 915x623) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
123 KB, 915x623
>>30486272
see
>>30481528

Retail jobs have one of the lowest indexes of fatalities. May not be kindergarten teacher safe, but its safer than being a taxi driver which is ten times more dangerous.

The only reason it makes the chart is because of the massive amounts of people in retail. It is extremely rare to die in retail. If you fight the robber, I guarantee you it will stop being that way. Criminals view clerks as pushovers. Because they are.
>>
>>30480714
>http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=372_1308242173&comments=1

OP if you are going to be interacting with niggers at all you NEED to be carrying. Forget that sign, 7/11 doesnt give a fuck about you. Watch that video and ask yourself, do I really want to leave myself at the mercy of these subhumans?
>>
>>30486614
That chart is fishy. It is saying that it is incredibly dangerous to fly an airplane, which simply isn't true. If planes were crashing all willy-nilly then the FAA would have a heart attack. Plane crashes are an incredibly rare occurance, which would make it orders of magnitude safer than lumberjacking and commerical fishing.
>>
>>30486732
I have the feeling it is counting non-commercial crashes.
>>
>>30477093
Shit is ensured. You should try talking him down and whatnot, or it'll make you look like your in on it too, but never try to stop an armed robery. It is either a murder case on your hands or his, all over about $200 of not your money.
>>
>>30486614
Carpenters and HVAC techs are more likely for electrocution. An electrician always knows where the cable is and has been trained extensively on how to work with it. A carpenter is far more likely to be cutting something and get zapped, not knowing where the cable is. They also may be working along side the electrician in the same area and not knwoing what he is doing gets zapped by some unattended hot wires. HVAC tech has less experience with the electrical side of things and has not been trained so extensively.
>>
Carry, don't tell anyone. Company policy doesn't make it illegal.

If the robber is clearly just there for money, fork it over. Otherwise, shoot them.
>>
Carry a gun, who fucking cares if you get fired if you shoot an upstanding urban man you still have your life.
>>
>>30486614
Most cashiers work at larger retail stores which often aren't robbed. You seriously think someone's going to try to rob a massive walmart with 50+ employees in it at any one time?
>>
>>30486732
look at the fatality count. It's 111 per year. Thats not exactly a huge number.
>>
>>30486936
That doesnt really matter. At about 100 fatalities per year, the risk of being a cashier is still hardly noteworthy. Even if we assume that 99% of them happen at 24/7 convenience stores, it's still probably safer than being a fucking cab driver.
>>
>>30477499
night shift at 7-11 is min. wage +$1

they give you hazard pay for overnight.

>>30477093
carry anyway. the uniform is baggy enough.

honestly, robbery is uncommon enough that you may never see one. biggest thing is shoplifting and conmen fucking you on "returns".

t.former night shift 7-11 employee.
>>
OP I do pizza delivery. My company's policy is no weapons as well.

However my boss doesn't care about anyone who carries as long as they are legal with it and they have the understanding that if they ever have to use it, they're gonna get fired.

Even still if I get robbed I'm gonna hand them the pizza and money because its $20 and a pizza. Who gives a shit really? If they start asking for my car keys/phone/whatever, then its a problem that will have to be dealt with.

My boss has said before that he'd rather fire us and get us a job elsewhere because we used a gun in self-defense than have to call our families and tell them that we got stabbed/shot/raped because of corporate greed.

Just carry discretely anyway OP. Don't get caught, don't talk about it, and for the most part understand that if you ever have to use that gun at work you're at the very least gonna get fired, or could face prison time depending on the commieness of your state.
>>
>>30477172
this
>>
OP, even if you don't carry, get some body armor to wear under your shirt. At least threat level II. That way, if they do decide to gun you down, you have a much better chance of surviving.
>>
>>30478062
have fun in the clank
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.